Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't say it enough, but I really do appreciate all of you. Even when you're being assholes.
:gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upre46qXW_Y

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Little Mac posted:

There is literally only one BK speedrunner and he just did it as a joke this past summer. There's no scene for the game (because it sucks). I've been secretly trying to route it for months but to no avail.

I spent a minute or two trying to find some glitches but it's just not a very fun game to play, and the complete lack of ambition in the project means there's not really enough going on to get those fun bugs.

If you were to find some new bug I imagine you'd find it by turning the debug mode on because that replaces a lot of the game's images. The game does a weird little delay when you hit pause and if you bounce that around properly you can get the music to stop, but there's nothing I found that affects play. I managed to move to a new screen after dying once, but all that accomplished was being dead somewhere else. If you could figure out some way to stop the screen from locking or keep the enemies from spawning you could get by the park levels quickly, which would reduce the time, but I'm not really good enough at glitch hunting to figure out how to do that.

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure that by just playing the game well and using thrown items you could get the best time, since the current best run has like 2 minutes that could be shaved off of it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A lot of it has to do with controlling enemy spawns and getting the screen to scroll as far right in the dumb carnival sections

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

More people sign up to Kash's Katamari Mafia

So that can start

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In other news I'm thinking of giving everything up and moving to new zealand, which is an allegedly nice place to live.

Little Mac posted:

A lot of it has to do with controlling enemy spawns and getting the screen to scroll as far right in the dumb carnival sections

Yeah, but it'd be way more fun to find some sort of game breaking bug

also sorry to publicly shame you about this but can you respond to my private messages

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

God bless anyone who can play that silly game

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

In other news I'm thinking of giving everything up and moving to new zealand, which is an allegedly nice place to live.

also sorry to publicly shame you about this but can you respond to my private messages

Canadian spotted

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOWL0KMAIek

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

NZ is a trap!

Move to Gambia, you can be part of a start of something great

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pros about living in New Zealand:
I already hate Australia
It's small
I can probably bring modern technology and convince them I'm some type of god
The ocean looks nice
Mild climate

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Cons about living in New Zealand:
Don't want to learn a new language
Don't want to heard sheep or pick kiwis
Always close to ocean
Australian invasion???
Will probably only be able to talk about how different NZ is from Canada for the entire time I live there

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
6 more for fun~full of roles that are made up!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Cons about living in New Zealand:
Don't want to learn a new language
Don't want to heard sheep or pick kiwis
Always close to ocean
Australian invasion???
Will probably only be able to talk about how different NZ is from Canada for the entire time I live there

How is being close to the ocean a con? I'd... will I wouldn't kill, but I would do a lot to have that benefit again.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Instead of going across the world to New Zealand, perhaps you should consider moving to the world of Azeroth

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cons about living in New Zealand
- New Zealand

Nah the Kiwis are alright.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI, from what I hear from my dad's boss (who would know these things) all the super duper rich people in America have made NZ their escape plan if (when) things go bugfuck.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

New Zealand: A Retelling of the Gulf War

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm planning on becoming a war lord in the post apocalyptic world. I have a sword and a lot of bondage gear to complete the aesthetic.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

I'm planning on becoming a war lord in the post apocalyptic world. I have a sword and a lot of bondage gear to complete the aesthetic.

I've always wanted to be the brains behind a post-apocalyptic warlord, hmu if you're interested in having a shadow.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'll only follow you if your sword is hanzo steel.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Same. Pre-game alliance? No ultimate betrays, we'll pinky swear.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How is being close to the ocean a con? I'd... will I wouldn't kill, but I would do a lot to have that benefit again.

It's not really, but neither was anything else on the list. The ocean's cool. I can't swim, but I'd love to look at the ocean.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I volunteer to die first when the end comes

I can't live without my dank memes

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It's not really, but neither was anything else on the list. The ocean's cool. I can't swim, but I'd love to look at the ocean.

I could spend a lot of time just looking at it and walking by it. I used to be a good swimmer but no longer, I should re-learn. I hope to die at sea one day.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Pros about New Zealand: The place looks amazing and doesn't get hot.
Cons about New Zealand: Not really much going on in the economy as far as I know so a job might be a problem.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
New Zealand's surrounding islands have some of the best anthropology work in the world going on right now if those ops are still ongoing and my prof wasn't totally full of poo poo (he was)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Thing to realise about New Zealand, must be able to grasp ANZ sense of humour

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Things to realise about NZ: having to swallow ur pride and move to aus to get a job.

I've got lots more of these

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Learn to swim, drowning is the worst way to go and you never know when you'll find yourself in water.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I must again reassert that the wisest move is to relocate to the gambia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truly, the people have now spoken there! And the great wealth of the nation shall be shared, both with its people and foreign friends alike.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

Pros about New Zealand: The place looks amazing and doesn't get hot.
Cons about New Zealand: Not really much going on in the economy as far as I know so a job might be a problem.

From what I've read their economy is solidly "okay" better than Canada at least. If you're a skilled worker it's apparently pretty easy to get a visa and work in something like computers or whatever.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Could someone send me a link to the discord server? For some reason my bookmark wont work anymore.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
You're b7

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Miss

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Could someone send me a link to the discord server? For some reason my bookmark wont work anymore.

your account is already in the server, so you just need to go to the discord web client and log in

https://discordapp.com/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
PSH, web client.

Waste hard drive space with the installed program like the REAL nerds

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

PSH, web client.

Waste hard drive space with the installed program like the REAL nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Post-apocalyptic survival Mafia, a closed setup with survival game mechanics, is open for signups!

The game is designed for 21 players without wiggle room, so if it doesn't fill up I'll hang onto the setup and try again later.