Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

go to austin instead

Business trip, not an option, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

yuming posted:

Bloodborne is the best game! I still need to beat Kos and the flaming cleric dude. If you don't have it you should buy it.

I want this dress.

I do not want to go to conferences today. Working 12 hours and then commuting another to get home at 8PM ;;;;; noo ;;;; No one comes to see me anyways, alas.

I only just started playing bloodborne. I like it. I usually play souls games as a dodge and roll character, and this one seems to be all about that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rarity posted:

Guys, I'm not sick any more :woop:

Hooray!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Now I have free time to play a regular mafia game with a regular role.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

2 Things: I agree, Hats is overall MVP of this game.

And yeah Quandary, that was a hell of a game. You and I think too much a like, apparently.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Same.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The cop element also relied on me picking the best targets at the time, and getting lucky with some information.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll save it for the thread once Ecco opens it, but I have (gentle!) thoughts about the cop.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, Hats, that is a hell of an introductory game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Epic.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah man, there was so much poo poo that Quandary and I knew and couldn't mention, because it would give away too much info to the other side. I'm itching to just get it all out there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, I've thought about that, but I need to figure out how to translate it to play by post. The problem is that 2Rooms relies on not knowing what the other room is doing, so it won't work when I need everyone in a single thread.

Let me see if I can find it, but 2 Rooms has been done on these forums before, twice.

I can tell you from personal experience that the Vanilla role ends up being over powered.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, both 2 Rooms games have since been archived, here's what I remember about those games:

1. We had two threads that we all agreed not to read when not in the room. This meant that if we were moved to another room, we could only read from the beginning of the day we entered, and had to be trusted not to read earlier. I think people adhered to it.

2. Game 1, I played as a VT bomb team member. I happened to find the bomb very early on, and became their personal bodyguard, essentially. Because I had no restrictions on the information I could share and was a fairly unimportant role, I could afford to do all the information gathering for the bomb. Because I had done enough ground work, we were able to take over the votes in one room and I was instated as the king of the room, and successful figured out which room the president would be in and sent the bomb there.

3. Game 2, we played with neutral roles. There were some that could become a specific team member. I ended up as the sniper, so I had to find my target and kill them as my final game action. Again, this was secretly over powered, as I quickly realized I could just do my own information gathering and then trade that information to find the target. Eventually I learned who the president was and just threatened to ruin the game for that team if they didn't tell me what I needed to know.

4. Everyone had a limit of 5 PM's they could send to players.

5. You revealed your info to the other players on your own, the mod didn't facilitate that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo I want to see how we got the battle results we did.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I, like Quandary, really need a simple game with no overly complicated mechanics where I can just play as a VT.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

When I applied for my current job, I had a typo in my cover letter that I only caught after hitting send on the email. I was told I was almost passed during the initial screening because of it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

NM, you?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I thought Firewatch was what I expected it to be. It keeps track of all the very little things you do quite well, which come back as larger story beats later in the game. I was let down By the ending conversation. It didn't really do for me what I thought it was trying to do.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The only thing that stops me from looking for another job is remembering the process of actually looking for a job.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atoramos posted:

If playing differently affected the ending conversation a bit more I would have been impressed, but knowing the results are fairly limited really spoils things. As it stands, the 'Hobo was trying to make a research station seem like it was studying you, then burned down his own home while trying to make you look bad' is just too much of a stretch on-top of the lackluster ending with Delilah. There should have been an ending where she agrees you need to let your wife go, and it's not realistic to suggest everyone would turn their back on you for doing so.. I could write endlessly about how amazing I found The Witness on the other hand, though I realize the games are nothing alike; it just blew me away more than Firewatch let me down.

The Witness definitely had more "AHA!" moments per square inch than anything else I've experienced in a while.

Also, I'm making what I thought was the final push in The Witcher 3. That game just keeps on going.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tommunist posted:

The witcher is amazing, and the dlc is well worth it if you haven't played it yet.

I still have to finish the main story. I am getting a little annoyed at how long it stretches out. Like, just let me main line it at this point, stop putting other poo poo in the way.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My Tax refund came in today. Gonna spend it on expensive dinner at the museum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Does Kenny Loggins follow him around?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Did someone do Genius mafia?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MG2 posted:

No Asiina ran a genius game, not mafia

Oh, cool!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina, please let me know if you do another one.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm re-watching Breaking Bad.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Was it, actually?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think Toy Story 1 (and by extension, Toy story 3) need to be viewed at a certain age in order to really hit you the way they intended.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's in the 20's in Philly right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Typical Jersey buffoonery.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not really from Philly. I just live there because my wife is going to Temple U. I hate it here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes and no. The microbrew scene is pretty nice, but the hosed up blue laws make beer pretty expensive here. Most things cost double what they would in any other state.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And we moved from Iowa, which have the most relaxed alcohol laws in the union, probably.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

6 packs of microbrews are nearly impossible to come by. You'd likely have to buy 6 individual beers at a bottle shop, which will end up running you something like 24 if it's good stuff.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah. Generally, I'll just buy stuff that is more widely available since actual 6-packs of beer will run around 10 - 15 bucks, which is vastly more affordable and doesn't destroy my bank account.

Or we just head over to the state run liquor store since things are priced reasonably and we like wine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

We all know you like to whine HEH HEH HEH

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the fact that I beat your stupid face in our last Mafia match.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Any mafiosos playing Heroes of the Storm? I am liking it more than League right now.

More Moba Chat in Mafia Thread

(More Moba Mhat min Mafia Mhread)

I like to play as Abathur because it lets me do nothing during the match and still feel like I contributed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Some egg sandwiches can benefit from ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

Trump wants to get America back.... to greatness

##Vote Trump

I was recently Trump in a Mafia game last December here and it was the most fun I've ever had with a role.