Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I'm waking up at 8 and going to work at 10 so we'll see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

It needs to be 10ET, I'm not waking up at 4am for this.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Chill folks, the OP says 10 EST.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody draft McDavid already

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Paulocaust posted:

Somebody draft McDavid already

First late pick should auto draft Sbisa.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

First late pick should auto draft Sbisa.

Whoever picked the Rangers has failed us. Way to go... autopick. :argh:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I mean it's Crosby. We all know it's Crosby.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I mean it's Crosby. We all know it's Crosby.

it could be anyone if you really think about it

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Whoever picked the Rangers has failed us. Way to go... autopick. :argh:

Wanted to see if Zodijackylite was gonna post, but I guess not.

With the 1st overall selection of the draft, the New York Rangers select Sidney Crosby because he's had the most points over the past 3 seasons.

The Boston Bruins are up

tofes fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 25, 2015

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tofes posted:

Wanted to see if Zodijackylite was gonna post, but I guess not.

With the 1st overall selection of the draft, the New York Rangers select Sidney Crosby because he's had the most points over the past 3 seasons.

To be fair I think he was hesitant to sign up because he was late to his pick at least half the time last year when you did this and didnt want to hold anything up.

Also Crosby wasnt the BPA by Corsi. Hell hes not even top 10. :colbert:

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

To be fair I think he was hesitant to sign up because he was late to his pick at least half the time last year when you did this and didnt want to hold anything up.

Also Crosby wasnt the BPA by Corsi. Hell hes not even top 10. :colbert:

Sorry, Rags are the boxcar team now

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yikes if it's gonna be this slow I'm gonna be working through this and won't even be able to submit a list.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Had someone PMed Stickarts yet?

Also considering how it's already over 4 hours in, shouldn't JoelJoel be allowed to pick?

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 25, 2015

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
When it gets to me can I pick and do a write up after? I'm gonna be out all day and lost my phone last night which had my write ups on it. I'm super excited for my pick

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

SAS Fantasy Draft: The Only Thing In Hockey Slower Than Nick Grossmann

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
20th might be the worst position to draft in ever.

I think technically the Rangers got skipped at noon - and then picked during the Bruins (Stickarts, make a pick!) window - the Bruins got skipped at 2PM, and the Senators (Jordan7hm, make a pick!) will be skipped in roughly two or three minutes.

The Blues would be up next though I don't think people will mind too much if Infidel Castro waits a little bit to give the Bruins and Senators time to catch up.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Infidel Castro should have the Senators pick.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mentholmoose posted:

20th might be the worst position to draft in ever.

I think technically the Rangers got skipped at noon - and then picked during the Bruins (Stickarts, make a pick!) window - the Bruins got skipped at 2PM, and the Senators (Jordan7hm, make a pick!) will be skipped in roughly two or three minutes.

The Blues would be up next though I don't think people will mind too much if Infidel Castro waits a little bit to give the Bruins and Senators time to catch up.

You missed JoelJoel's pick for Dallas in there.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

The highest available player on Jordan's list and newest Ottawa Senator is John Tavares.

I'm heading home from work right now. I'll post my pick when I get home, mostly because there are some dudes I was sure would be gone that I may have to consider now.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 25, 2015

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

my dreams of people in this thing overreacting to Tavares going first overall last year and letting him slide all the way to 18 this go around have been dashed

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Furnaceface posted:

You missed JoelJoel's pick for Dallas in there.

Well, I barely even remember the Dallas Stars exist anyway.

Ok, to placate my need to know I'll figure this out. It was the Stars who got skipped at 4:00, then the Senators pick was made at 4:16.

So, Stickarts, JoelJoel, pick any time you want. The Blues have until 6:16PM before they're skipped and Verviticus and the Canucks can go. Right?

I'm not sure how I feel about Tavares. Realistically, there probably isn't anyone other than Crosby I would have picked over him, but he is an Islander in real life and that just does not sit well with me.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

The St. Louis Blues, after really thinking about it really hard for a long, long, time, has taken it upon themselves to right one of the NHL's biggest blunders not involving a lockout of all time.

That's right, the Blues are gonna save Connor McDavid from the frozen wastes of Edmonton.

Connor McDavid
Position: Centre

Contract: $985,000/yr + Bonuses through 2017-18 (RFA)

He's been dubbed the best player to come around since Crosby, perhaps even Gretzky. Some even call him the LeBron James of hockey. It's certainly a lot of praise to be showered upon a kid who hasn't even played a single NHL game. So why was this such a loving hard pick?

Because I really wanted to select a more established elite goal scorer here. Someone who has shown that they can perform at the NHL level. However, there's way too much upside here for me to ignore. I really don't need to fawn over how good this kid can be; we all know the details.

Sure, there's a chance McDavid doesn't live up to the hype. Maybe he's not the next Gretzky or Crosby. Maybe instead he's the next Alexandre Daigle. But I seriously doubt it. If anything, the fact that he's being compared to Crosby leads me to believe not only can he shine in the NHL, but he can do it almost immediately.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 25, 2015

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
welp. i'll go with steven stamkos here because of the two elite goal scorers left, one of them is a centre and 25 and the other isn't and isn't

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
so when is it my turn?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

This is a disaster

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild select Jamie Benn. Benn is in his prime scoring years and has diverse scoring roles.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

This is a disaster

av+post combo

Eh, the last one started off in a similar fashion. Id be more worried if this was happening in round 15+ cause thats when people tend to zone out for longer than necessary.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Starsfan posted:

so when is it my turn?

Right now

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Well I guess it's Florida's turn to pick.

After looking over the available players a couple times I have a tough time looking past Tyler Seguin at this pick. At 23 he's still got 5+ years in his athletic prime left, and his contract at 5.75 million for the next 4 years is as good as it gets for a player who can challenge for the league lead in scoring for each of those 4 years. Seguin is also a great two way player who allows the Stars to shelter some of the forwards further down the lineup by taking his share of the defensive zone starts. I think the only possible concern with this pick is that I'm passing up on taking the best defenceman in the pool because so far none of them have been picked yet, but Seguin is cheaper, younger, and I've always ended up with a defense by committee approach in these drafts anyway so I'll go for the forward heavy lineup once again :)

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 26, 2015

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I'm at work, which pick are we at, the spreadsheet isn't updated

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Drunk Canuck

Please update the spreadsheet when you pick

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

tofes posted:

Drunk Canuck

Please update the spreadsheet when you pick

I updated everything to this point.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Infidel Castro posted:

I updated everything to this point.

Nice I hereby name you Assistant Commissioner

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hello The Los Angeles Kings are proud to acquire Right Wing Vladimir Tarasenko

Easily proving himself to be a highly skilled elite winger in short time, he possess all the traits that embody a first line NHL forward. Which of course are, be fast and score a bunch. He received a quite satisfactory eight year $7.5M aav contract, perfectly fitting into the present day talent level to monetary value of this cap era.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

drat come on

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hello The Los Angeles Kings are proud to acquire Right Wing Vladimir Tarasenko

Easily proving himself to be a highly skilled elite winger in short time, he possess all the traits that embody a first line NHL forward. Which of course are, be fast and score a bunch. He received a quite satisfactory eight year $7.5M aav contract, perfectly fitting into the present day talent level to monetary value of this cap era.

He and Stamkos were the other two I was really considering. Hell, I actually talked myself into McDavid on the way home.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I like Tarasenko but no way I'd take him this high.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

tofes posted:

Me too. I'm surprised.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Hi, uh, it's great to be here at the uh...*shuffles papers* Sassy Fantasy Draft in beautiful...*shuffles papers more*...

Anyway the Nashville Predators are pleased to select Tyler Johnson.

We believe Tyler Johnson to be an emergent young star of the league and the number one centre the Nashville Predators have been looking for. At 24 he's excelled at the professional level and was almost the Conn Smythe winner last year until his untimely injury. His cap hit is unbeatable relative to his value and is still an RFA at the end of his current entry deal. He is a speedy scoring centre who excels in all situations against tough competition and we believe him to be the future of our team.

tofes posted:

I was considering him until I saw he'd been taken. Tarasenko at 22 is an amazing young star. 5th in points per 60 at even strength and all situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Johnson. Wow that's high

• Locked thread