Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

tofes posted:

I agree although I wish we had enough people for 30 teams

I fully expect the robot teams to end up much better than anything we manage to put together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

tofes posted:

I agree although I wish we had enough people for 30 teams

so if JoelJoel or Stickarts don't make a pick by the end of the 1st round, we auto-draft for them right?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Starsfan posted:

so if JoelJoel or Stickarts don't make a pick by the end of the 1st round, we auto-draft for them right?

give them tampa bay players who had a good playoff, looks like fair value

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If Tavares had been picked, you would have seen Toews go to me at 4. I like Toews a lot, I think he is a good pick.

Kopitar also is good for the auto draft team. I don't like seeing all these centers go. I was hoping to get one on the way back around. Please start picking overrated goalies like Carey Price.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jordan7hm posted:

overrated goalies like Carey Price.

Lol

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

stab posted:

give them tampa bay players who had a good playoff, looks like fair value

FWIW i didn't base my pick off of his playoff performance.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

yeah Toews' contract is scary but I think it's pretty easy in this to not reach the cap so I figured he was good value there. But it was still a really tough decision cuz I had multiple guys who I'd also gladly have taken still available there.

I picked 2 and a half hours ago so I think mentholmoose could also pick now to keep this going

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, I need to right a past wrong with this pick. Back in 2007, the Flyers were coming off a season where they were obviously the worst team in the NHL, and were set to pick 1st overall in the 2007 Entry Draft... until the Chicago Blackhawks won the lottery and stole the first overall draft pick away.

So, I have the opportunity to get him back, I have to take it. The Flyers take Patrick Kane.

Paulocaust is up next. Also Stickarts, JoelJoel, and Furnaceface.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So is it my turn or are we waiting for the 2 absentees?

e: oh paulocost, right, gonna be phone postin and add the writeup when i get home after he picks then.

e2: Nope its my turn. With their first pick, the Blackhawks of Chicago decide to disrespect the league to the maximum by taking Pernell Karl Subban. Writeup to follow in about 2 hours.

Paulocost is up next.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 26, 2015

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Go ahead, they got skipped so you can pick whenever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hurry up guys, I wanna pick before I go to dinner.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay somebody besides Paulo or Bordeurs Nanny give me their email so I can leave them a list, since I don't wanna hold things up.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Somebody please take VJeff's list and then pick Jimmy Howard for him

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I dont use my yahoo email for anything so feel free to send your lists to menamino@yahoo.com and I'll check it every so often if you havent picked

e: I was just assuming Howard was gonna be on it anyway

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Menamino posted:

I dont use my yahoo email for anything so feel free to send your lists to menamino@yahoo.com and I'll check it every so often if you havent picked

e: I was just assuming Howard was gonna be on it anyway

Thank you

tofes posted:

Somebody please take VJeff's list and then pick Jimmy Howard for him

Stop spying on my draft board

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I'm having issues deciding my next pick, I'm mulling it over between two franchise centers (probably the only two left on the board under 30) and two frachise defensemen (both very young).

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Dang I was hoping PK Subban fell all the way to me :(

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm taking Carey Price because he Wins Games

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Man, this is a really tough call. I'm deciding whether or not to go defenseman-forward or forward-defenseman. OK, I'm gonna take a defenseman. It was tough between this guy and one other, but...

The New Jersey Devils select Victor Hedman of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Hedman is due a cap hit of $4m the next two years, his age 24-25 seasons, and then will be due for a monster extension, but I'm OK with that. He has made incredible progress and, to me, he's the best all-around defenseman in the conference moving forward. I haven't seen a defenseman play a playoff like he did this past year since Pronger, and he was taking over games in the regular season as well. An incredible skater and transition passer, he's gonna get the puck up to the forwards real fast and contribute in all situations and anchor the first pairing.

VJeff/Red Wings, you're up.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Hedman's good, I like it.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Vjeff's #1 dude still remains so he takes Oliver Ekman-Larsson

I'm sure he can give a more detailed and enjoyable write-up later

Good Soldier Svejk is up

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Larsson was my third defenseman on the board. Great contract, great pick.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Penguins are proud to select, ah gently caress...
Let's have Alex Pietrangelo because he's good and young-ish and probably has 10 more years of the same left in him.
Everyone has a hard-on for him and he's kind of underrated all the same. Plus other NHLers love him too so that's something.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 26, 2015

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

You think if Seguin was on the board I wouldn't have picked him? He went like 5th.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

This draft is hilarious.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Taylor Hall is still available

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not home yet, but Larsson is cool and good and Swedish. Easy pick.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

tofes posted:

Taylor Hall is still available

I know, but his durability and lack of a defensive game turned me away from him. I also couldn't pass up a 23 year-old No. 1 defenseman on a cheap cap hit the next two years.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I know, but his durability and lack of a defensive game turned me away from him. I also couldn't pass up a 23 year-old No. 1 defenseman on a cheap cap hit the next two years.

Was making a joke about Taylor/Tyler

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Oops I see Good Soldier Svejk has edited his REAL pick in so I guess I'm on the clock.

With the 25th overall selection the Arizona(?) Coyotes select Jack Eichel. Even though he will likely always play within the shadow of Connor McDavid, we believe Eichel will still become a generational talent in the NHL. We wanted a young, elite center and we think we got that today.

El Gallinero Gros is up.

tofes fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 27, 2015

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm upset pk subban didn't make it to me. He has the grit and disrespect that the ducks need.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

OK the late writeup:

P.K. Subban

What can we say about Subban? Well lets start with the obvious. He is a top tier defenseman with a monster shot and great speed that is able to maintain big minutes at a top level of play in both league and international play. This level of play was demonstrated in 2013 when won his first Norris trophy at age 24. He is known for being a risk taker, which often gets him labelled for not playing the whiteright way, but this is often offset by his ability to cover for teammates mistakes. He is short tempered and no stranger to big hits. Off and on the ice he is known for having a very boisterous personality, but that should not be taken as a fault as this often causes players on the opposing team to get angry and lash out at him, resulting in a display that would make many a ballerina weep in jealousy. Also it pisses off Lucic which is only a plus.

Subban's hips, they dont lie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjsbIwMQEbA

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 27, 2015

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Subban would have been my number 1 pick if he had still been on the board.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tofes posted:

Subban would have been my number 1 pick if he had still been on the board.

Im kind of surprised he fell to 19 to be honest. I had a short list of 5 players with him at number 1, yet all 4 below him went first (Seguin/Benn/Giroux/Toews).

Should think tank just make his pick? Its been 3 hours since you made your pick.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Should think tank just make his pick? Its been 3 hours since you made your pick.

I'm around for a bit if I can. If not I'll make it when I get to work tomorrow I guess

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I told El Gallinero Gros it would probably be monday before his pick came up so I'm inclined to just wait until tomorrow.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Aw jeez y'all, I'm sorry. I was camping out of service area from Friday afternoon till pretty much just now. I read the OP like three times before that looking for a start time but I poo poo the bed real bad it looks like instead. I don't have the time to catch up tonight so just keep whatever auto pick algorithm you got going for me (?)/waive my two hour period till when (if) I manage to make a go of this.

Sorry for being a deadbeat with a life outside this hockey forum, y'all. I will do my level best to correct that.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

But gimme Fuckin Getzlaf if he is available.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

He is but I almost took him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

tofes posted:

He is but I almost took him!

I think you've almost taken everyone except Tyler Johnson

• Locked thread