Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
  • Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Library Hall| Conditions: Braggart, Hot Headed

Cana climbed up first - I can't say I expected that, I expected Senna to get onto the bed first, and for the dog to follow. I can't say I expected to have my butt swatted at either, even if it wasn't hard enough to be painful, it made me jump a little where I was sitting, and make a little squeak, which I am certain she enjoyed causing. My red hair was spread out over the pillow, and as I turned to look at her, I had to brush it back out of my face, sighing loudly as I spoke rather loudly, "You really do want to get hurt, don't you, Cana." It was an empty threat, and I was smiling as she was the only one who could see my face.

And then I switched to whispering, "I don't know about how they do it back where you're from, but we keep our dalliances private where I am from. If you're so insatiable that you need more, however..." I gave a little smirk, it was fun watching her be puddy between my fingers, I can't say I hated it, "We can make time later."


Turn ons? Turn ons.
KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
19:25 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+2 = 8

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Sep 10, 2015 around 23:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Drained, Tempting Fate
Location: The Room of Requirement.

I felt terrible being called out like this! "No Mag-Margot it's not like that at all! I wasn't avoiding you, not one bit! I've just been so caught up with this shadowy ghost danger. I've been running all over. Oh Margot there's no excuse. I've been a terrible friend. It doesn't even matter that I came to you first about all this. Oh I'm just the worst. Can you ever forgive me? You're one of my best friends!" I wrap her up in a hug.

[Giving Mags the condition Best Friend and also
Rolling to Turn On Mags
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 10+2 = 12
If this counts as making her mine I'll take that XP thanks.
]

"Thank you so much for the warnings friend! I know you're good at this stuff. I'll do my best to be careful but I wish you could be less vague." I release my hug after giving her an affectionate nuzzle. She leaves me and I follow her out. Tempted as I was to join the girls in the bed for the moment I heed her warning and take a seat by Jake giving Margot's shoulder a squeeze. "Yeah what did you find?" I ask Jake. Flashing a peek over my shoulder at the girls before fixing my attention on him.

Jenner fucked around with this message at Sep 10, 2015 around 23:59

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Potions Storeroom | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse, Ungrateful

"Oh no, but the wards!" I cringed for a moment and waited for the shrieking and realized that nothing was happening. "Well this is the normal section the forbidden section is a bit more difficult to take things out of." I looked over the damage to the door as I rolled up my scroll and took the metal in my robes and followed Lee in. "You know subtlety has its uses right?" I said shaking my head as I walked quickly to the back of the potions room, a doorway seemingly unprotected allowed him entry into the back of the storeroom. I walked in swiftly with my eyes on a single prize: the Tears.

"I was expecting more... security. Really what is wrong with this place?" No longer caring, I looked through the shelves and gave a shout, "They have a label there, on the top shelf!" I moved the step ladder over to the shelf and climbed up, the potions looking venomous and violent from their position on the shelf as I climbed higher to see the top shelf that my prize was waiting. Maybe that creator would actually give me another single hint what was going on after I had it.

On the shelve labeled "Component: Phoenix Tears" was a small black bottle facing away from me. I picked it up and laughed until I turned it over in my hand and it said in handwritten letters: "BOOM" The vial exploded in my hand and I lost my balance falling from the ladder on to the floor.

"They knew!" I shouted as I slammed against the opposite wall, the Felix Felicis vials that had been behind me were knocked on the floor, all of them destroyed by the magical prank that had unbalanced me. Landing on the floor on a ruined Felix Felicis potion, I looked at Lee and said simply, "Someone got here before us, the booby trapped it, or maybe a prank. I don't know. Ugh." I said flinging some of the sticky potion away from my hand.

"Hope no one needed Felix Felicis." I said offhandedly.

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hufflepuff Common Room | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained
DARKEST SELF


Well, I take what I can get. The sight of those two drenched in vinegar makes me chuckle. "It would be nice if you stayed out here and kept watch, but if you must, I understand your need to go bathe." You cowards.

When we enter the common room he... quite frankly comes onto me. I accept his platonic peck ("He's not really trying, is he? Pathetic." Quiet.) and remind myself that he's doing me a favor and I'm not typically allowed to be here. I understand that Harry wants to develop a reputation akin to his namesake, but I can't imagine the real Potter cheating on anything, Mr. Perfect in Every Way! Nobody ever talks about the time he almost failed Potions in his third year, or something like that. As soon as Lord Voldemort enters the picture he turns into an epic hero. gently caress Harry Potter in his precocious arse.

"Yes, you wouldn't tell anyone, would you?" I humour Zach this little bit. "Now, ahem. Shall we?" I rub his lower back and allot him one (ONE) reciprocal kiss on the cheek.

Begrudgingly Turn On Zach.

<RWT> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> RWT, 6+1 = 7

For Zach's Eyes Only: Her eyes seem to sparkle as she gazes at you, and a faint glow like the moon reflected on the ocean's waves shine in her hair. And flying behind her, are those... doves? Bluebirds?


Then I try and spy out Gillian's bunk under the guise of trying to find Zach's. "Tell me again where it is?" I say, trying to emphasize that fact.

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2015 around 10:26

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Scene 3 (Continued)
Please make sure your nameplate links to your character sheet, and that you have a location entry in your statblock that's kept current. Both help me out when writing prompts.

Potions Supply Room
Lee - While Erhard's momentarily caught up in the devastation you've both wrought... you're pretty sure you've just spotted a clue, a shiny bit of jewelry near hidden, having fallen under the cabinet. Picking it up, it looks like a yellow and black earring. You're sure you've seen it before, it's on the tip of your mind's tongue, but for whatever reason you haven't quite been able to recall yet. Still, at least it's something? What do you and Erhard do to avoid getting busted for this?

Erhard - Wow, that's a pretty terrible dead-end for your investigation. Still, the room's been damaged some in the explosion, potions knocked over - do you manage to hide evidence of your and Lee's involvement, or is it time to hightail it now? Where do you think needs looked into next?

Hufflepuff Common Room
Zach - Though startled, Harry recovers and seems to be aware which of you is more desperate for secrecy. He folds his arms across his chest while simultaneously sweeping the homework away with his wand, it's a smooth maneuver. Plus, that look he just gave Val... "iMate. You go enjoy a bit of fun, alright?" He nudges you twice, then seems to have some sort of eye spasm. "Tell me all about it later!" It's... well you're not sure if it's a request or not. Still, you and Val are free now... to do what exactly?

Harry McDoogal takes a string on Zach, and is willing to overlook you and Val / forget you were here - if you tell him about (or make up) your time with Val.

Valerie - While that other boy gives you an odd look, Zach seems successful in his negotiations. You're free to ascend towards Val's room, the way's actually fairly easy - there's only two sixth year girl dorm rooms, so you've a fifty / fifty - unless Zach just tells you, obviously. Heading in without him, or is he allowed along for your confrontation with Gillian?

Provided you two enter the Gillian's dorm room: The room's near pitch black, the windows having been curtained over and no candles alight. There's the smell of a snuffed candle, and perhaps copper. There's no obvious sign of her, initially - until you've both entered, anyways. At which point the door slams shut behind you, and a voice that sounds like Gillian's overlayed with another reverberates the word "Crucio!" as a sinister whiplike red beam arcs towards you. How do you both react?

Neither of you auto-take harm, you're welcome to describe yourselves dodging / shielding / her missing / whatever. The consequences of hard-moves should be pretty clear, though.


Room of Requirement
Off to the side there seems to be a tray of snacks - plates, cups, and utensils included - and a few decanters with various drinks in them that Senna's just now noticed. What's waiting for everyone?

Senna - While your friends are doing good work - well, Jacob, Gwen, and Cana anyways - have you actually cracked a book open yet, or are they doing all of your work for you? Your room's provided snacks and a comfortable place to stay... between that and friendship, is that all you have to offer? What should you do, and what do you do?

Gwen - On Bans and Wards is not straightforward about it all - it'd take some sort of incredibly talented, once in a generation witch to figure it out so quickly - but well, you're in luck then aren't you? Reading between the lines and contextualizing everything properly, it offers surprisingly straightforward advice on what to do. The one entrusted with maintaining the ward - the Headmaster, presumably - let someone in as a trusted guest, which allowed their magic to occur at all. This trust allowed it to twist and damage the wards as badly as they did. Whatever powerful magic this person worked needs to be undone, before the wards and defenses are irreparably gone. Troubling news, but at least it gives you some idea of what to do. Of course it'll be up to you, so what do you do now?

Remove Hot Headed.

Jacob - You must be tired. That must be why you're accepting this nonsense! The massive yellow tome, half the pages seemingly dogeared or water damaged or torn - but all still perfectly legible - seems to be named An Untitled Collection, how pretentious. But, freakily, is... some of the writing addressed to you? Every so often, both in the text and in the margins, your name and helpful notes about something called the "Avatar of the Serpents." According to various notes, it's "a collection of horrible murderers, slain on Hogwarts grounds, their spirits fouly stitched together" and "extraordinarily malevolent and dangerous, nearly indestructible and frequently formless." A loopy handwriter confirms this, adding beneath "but they're bound to a creator for a moon's turn, and an object for a year and a day. After that, you'll need to switch schools Jacob."

Wow, weird and creepy! What do you think about the writing, are you going to show the notes about you to anyone here, and what do you do now?

Cana - A tome by Venkman? Probably not that helpful. You find out that whoever wrote this book was either coasting on fame or had a favorable relationship with a publisher - it's utterly useless. Still, you can pretend it's useful right? What do you do?

Hard move not forgotten...

Maggie - Is this... giant bed-party actually helping your classmates fulfill their fates? They're researching this problem, but are you actually sure you're supposed to even succeed? Chaucer must die, Senna's arrested... Strings must be cut, destinies assured and brought about - by your hand. They've gotten too complacent. Who here must be put back on their path first, and what do you do about it?

Rauri fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2015 around 11:33

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2x
Experience 3/5 | Harm 3/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance
Location: Library

I don't answer either of them for a moment as I stare at the last line for what feels like forever. I can feel their gazes on me, though. After another awkward moment, I hurriedly close the book before they can look closer at what it says. Maybe I'm just seeing things, right? Yeah, I'm pretty tired, and books don't talk to people, right? Or... wait... do they? I'm not really sure, to be honest. But, I do push it back into my bag.

I rest my head in my hand as I rub my eyes, trying to feel less terrible, but it's not really working. I say in a low, exausted rasp, "Senna, that ghost thing... it's really bad news. It's called an Avatar of Serpents. It's a host of murderer's ghost stitched together. It has to follow it's creator's orders for a month. After that, it's bound to an object used in its creation for a year. It's almost impossible to destroy or detect, too."

I rub my temples, and say, "Sorry, I don't think that was really the answer we were looking for, but it's all I could find in there. It was pretty tough to follow." I put my hand in Margot's and gently squeeze, hoping to get a little comfort from the action.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Library Hall| Conditions: Braggart

I was mumuring what I was reading to Cana, as she read along with me - or at least pretended to, I wouldn't doubt that she was entirely distracted by my own body, especially with her knowing what she did about what lay under my robes. So the least I could do was keep her in the loop, with me distracting her so horribly as I had. "Wards're... hm, under just the Headmaster... but he can entrust them to someone else..." I take glance to Cana, making certain she was listening, "But he set up... someone else, gave them power over them..." So he was either an idiot or in on this whole thing and playing me earlier when he was worried about it. "And this new person poked holes in it with some kind of ritual, some big spell that if it doesn't get removed soon... will spell complete destruction of every ward protecting Hogwarts."

Yeah that would clearly be a bad thing, and Gwen sighed as she rolled over onto her back and sat up in Senna's little bed, looking over at the others, especially at Jacob as he started to talk about his own little ghost thing, "Always serpents, giving us a bad name." I sighed, then shook my head and continued, this time louder so everyone could hear, "Well, the other bad news is that the Headmaster is partially behind this. He gave someone control over the wards, and then whoever got that control started a ritual that is slowly punching hole after hole in the wards, and if it's not solved Hogwarts is going to be without any protections - from the quidditch field being solid instead of catching you, to people being able to warp in, to whatever else it protects us from in the monstrous categories."

"I would not be surprised if these two events were related. Creating an invincible ghost seems like some kind of ritual that might cause irreparable harm to the magic in the area. Which would at least make things easier for us - find whoever caused it, and stop them." Easier said than done, even for me, but at least we had one hint, "And I think the only lead we really have - unless we want to go track down this ghost ourselves- is that this is someone the Headmaster was incredibly close with. So we should find out who he was closest to, clearly."

I couldn't resist climbing over Cana to get off the bed, my hands using her own butt and thighs to stabilizie myself as I stood, "So then, the real question is where we start with that. I know Ms. Legate was his student, but I doubt she could be capable of this level of magic. Any other ideas? Senna, you were someone he generally liked, yes? Did you ever see anyone with him?

Can't stop wont stop turning on the wolf lady
10:21 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
10:21 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+1 = 9"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Hufflepuff Common Room Conditions: Loser,

"Sorry about that. it was the only excuse I could think of for why I was smuggling you in." I said rubbing my cheek where she'd kissed me with a lot more passion than I'd managed. Guess she was a better actor than I was. She could certainly kiss better. "Come on I'll help you find your friend."

promising Val what I think she wants finding her friend.

"What are you looking for her for anyway?" I asked. "worried she might be in trouble?" I lead her to the girls dorms and pointed to the right one, she should be in there. "Want some help?" Something was clearly going on and I wanted to know more. Who knew what effect it could have on my plans?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm: 2/4 XP: 1/5 Conditions : Shadowed

"Subtlety? Yeah, there's times for it. Times when you've got time. Besides, everyone tends to assume you'll play it subtle and by their rules. You can get a lot done by just bein' bold and sayin' 'yeah, I did that, and what of it, mate?" Besides..."

And that's when the bottle exploded, and Erhardt got pretty drat angry. Couldn't really blame him for that. "Yeah, that's why I usually don't bother with the subtle. You play their game, you get beaten by it. Still, should fix things a bit, shouldn't we?" I look at the busted door, waving my wand at it. "Reparo." I continue casting it a few times, trying to make sure the door is back in one piece. "Just fix the bottles, put some water in it, mate. Might be some time before they catch on, and by that time, could have been anyone."

While I'm trying to get the door fixed, I notice the earring there on the ground. Huh... whose is that?? Fuckin' 'ell, I know I know this. I briefly look behind my back Erhard is busy, then focus again, a blue glow in my eyes briefly as I'm... doing the things I can do. People's emotions leave their marks on stuff. Their personality. Maybe if I don't recognize the thing, I'll recognize the emotions.

Gaze into Abyss about earring: 2d6-1 8

Clear, but Draining. Of course, I might just get Shadowjacked. Do I sitll get drained if I'm getting Shadowjacked?

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Drained, Tempting Fate
Location: The Room of Requirement.

I gasp as I hear what Jacob had to say, murderers bound together?! Who thought a children's school was a good place to keep such an abomination?! I give his shoulder a squeeze. "Thank you. Now to find what to do about it. Is it as simple as destroying the item like in Tolkien?" I frown and reach for Jacob's bag. "Is there anything in there for how to stop it?" Then Gwen speaks up and I grimace standing and making my way over to the bed where the pair of women were. "You think it's the Professor? Come on Gwen the Defense Against Dark Art teacher can't always be the problem." I suck on my teeth. "Still the only person I see Professor Legate hanging out with especially much is the Head of Gryffindor House." I offer the information helpfully.

I watch Gwen scramble over Cana and feel a heat prickle at my body. I move to sit on the edge of my bed then remember Margot's warning and steel myself against the Temptress Pair. "Having fun up there?" I tease with a blush. I move back over to Jacob and crouch down by him. "May I go through the book?" I ask quietly motioning towards the backpack. I'm leaning in real close.

[(JennerCELL) Capfalcon/CapPhone would Jacob give Senna the book if she asked for it?
(Capfalcon) If she pushed, probably.
(JennerCELL) So roll for it? Fiiiiiine I'll flash some tit
Rolling to Turn On Jacob
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 11+2 = 13 Sanctuary makes it a 14
(godfish) naughty Senna
]

Accepting the book from him I walk over and drop into my bed with the girls, having forgotten my earlier hesitancy in my new agenda. Everyone else was working hard as a team it was time for me to do my part!

I open up the book.

[Rolling to Gaze into the Abyss how do we defeat the ghosts?
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 8-1 = 7 Sanctuary makes it an 8.
Confusing and Alarming please!
]

I'm quickly absorbed in it.

Jenner fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2015 around 00:45

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Disappointment, Glory Hound, Dog in Heat, Likes to be Petted
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

"Who me? That was just a friendly pat." I smirk in reply to Gwen's threat, baring my teeth slightly, then sink back into the bed, leaning up against her and holding the book up to cover my whispered reply. "I'm surprised you'd think anyone could ever have enough of you." I might be sucking up to her ego, but mmm... If I can, I certainly haven't yet. I snuggle against her legs and read the book. Or rather start reading and quickly resort to flipping randomly through it. This book is useless! Why is it even in here, bah. In the end I'm barely even doing that, mainly focusing on listening to Gwen catching me up to speed. So the headmaster let someone in.

Since the wards haven't totally failed, it must be fairly recently... "Well the deputy headmaster might have some access, especially if the Headmaster had to leave for some reason. Otherwise, it'd probably be someone from outside the school. Ghosts... A patronus might work against the ghosts like that, Gwen, you can do those, right? Any chance you could give us all some lessons?"

Once Senna has come over to join us by the bed, its practically impossible for me to consider concentrating on this pointless book, what with her and Gwen crawling on top of me. "Someone the headmaster let in... Let me think..." I mutter more to myself than anyone else, and doing my best to ignore them for the moment, I close my eyes and take a deep, soothing breath through my nose, enjoying the attractive scents of Senna and Gwen around me, the soothing air of the room itself, and try to think. Who has been near the headmaster... I try to run through all the scents, sounds and sights I've seen over the last few days, focusing on the headmaster's, and anyone with his mixed in, or near it. Even if we stop the ghost, if we don't figure out who broke the wards, it'll just happen again, or something else will. Again and again, and even if we stop it, I know we will, I, Senna and Gwen, I know the three of us won't stop trying to protect people, even if I suspect Gwen would do it more to show off than because its the right thing... It'll keep going until we mess up and get hurt. I can't let that happen.

6:01:45 PM godfish gaze into the smellbyss, who did the headmaster let in?
6:01:49 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
6:01:50 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6-1 = 5
6:01:54 PM godfish siiiiiiiiiiiigh
Getting a plus one to protect Gwen from my spirit connection that makes it a 6

6:12:20 PM JennerCELL I BELIEVE IN CANA
6:12:41 PM JennerCELL !r 2d6+2
6:12:42 PM Krysmbot JennerCELL, 4+2 = 6
6:12:52 PM Axe-man :O
6:12:55 PM JennerCELL OK I don't
6:13:15 PM Axe-man Nihilism wins again
6:13:23 PM godfish ah but
6:13:29 PM godfish +1 for the sanctuary
6:13:34 PM JennerCELL Can I tag a condition of Cana's since it's for her Rauri
6:14:05 PM Axe-man quick someone spend a string to stop the +1!
6:14:05 PM JennerCELL Oh yeah!
6:14:19 PM JennerCELL SANCTUARY SAVES THE DAY

+1 from I Believe In You makes that a 7
Lucid and Detailed but draining please

GodFish fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2015 around 05:54

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Potions Storeroom | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse, Ungrateful

Standing and waving my wand with a silent spell the Felix Felicis vanishes from the ground and from out of existence. Tapping my wand on each repaired bottle and it was filled with water, and I suppose whatever hint of the potion was still on the broken pieces when it was repaired. Pacing back and forth and with a sudden inspiration, I looked at Lee with a bit of a realization, the whole setup had been too perfect, this was an elegant, if someone childish attempt to tell us something. The wards going down and the serpent on the foeglass, it was all connected, but how?

"Someone has working on this for a long time. All of this, was too masterfully coordinated, the explosive potion was made for us, it was made to taunt the people who would try to grab it. After the poisoning or whatever their master plan is. We are seeing the taunt of someone who has had access and time to set this all up. The only other place we have hope for is the headmaster's office. The problem is that I don't know the password to get in, but that can't stop us. We have to get in and get the tears, and maybe we will find more clues to who is actually behind this." I brushed dust off my robe and looked at Lee.

"That isn't going to stop us, Lee. We will get in there and get those tears tonight. Then we can hide them somewhere to save those students." The Creator was trying to tip me off to something of greater importance, I knew it.

2d6-1 → [1,6,-1] = (6)+1 = 7
Turn on via determination and bold strokes

Spending String on Lee for +1

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hufflepuff Common Room | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained
DARKEST SELF


"She's in more trouble than you could possibly imagine," I tell him right off. If she tries anything on me, I'm going to rip her damned head off. As we approach what I assume to be her room, I order to Zach, "Wand out."

I draw back the door and allow Zach to enter first before going in myself. What little light was cast by the open door was quickly snuffed as it slammed shut. Of course she expected me. I expected that too.

She shouts "Crucio!" and flings the red beam at me, but her aim isn't as precise and with her position revealed I can crouch to the side and perform "Expelliarmus!"

Lash out at Gillian.

<RWT> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> RWT, 6-1 = 5


The blue-white flash hits the post of her bed, exposing a bit of matted fur from whatever foreboding thing happened to her cat this morning. I shout to Zach, "She's there, right there! Hit her!" I should realize that the whole house will hear me, but I'm done being subtle with her.

Spending a String on Gillian to give her the Condition Exposed.

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2015 around 21:38

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Hufflepuff Common Room Conditions: Loser,

I had my wand out and in my hand before my brain had even registered what she'd ordered me to do. At a nod from Val I pushed through the door. What the heck had been happening here there was some small furry creature in pieces on the floor and blood everywhere. But before I had time to react. Gillian was casting. I don't know whether it was the shock of seeing two of us or the fact that she seemed more desperate to hit Val but the beams she sent my way were shooting over my head. A little too close for comfort given that's obviously some sort of curse. poo poo Cruciatus that's one of the killing curses isn't it? Has Gillian gone completely insane? Casting that sort of thing is going to bring auditors down on her like a ton of those thing they build houses out of.

Right now though I should stop pontificating and use that wand for something useful. CONFRINGO I yelled and loosed a blast of energy at Gillian Who now appeared to have lost her wand thanks to a clever bit of magic from Val.

[23:13] Ferrosol hitting Gillian
[23:13] Ferrosol don't gently caress this up Zach
[23:14] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[23:14] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12 = 12
[23:14] Rauri wow
[23:14] Axe-man holy poo poo!
[23:14] Ferrosol aww yeah
[23:14] Axe-man yay!
[23:14] Ferrosol whose the best snake
the harm is great doing 2 harm to gillian,

Wow, my spell punched right through her shield like it wasn't there and knocked her to her feet due to the force of the explosion. I may have put a bit too much into that. But I'd rather use too much venom than not enough as my grandad used to say. Guess when it matters I can fight. But we better make sure that Gillian stays down. I don't know enough about dark magic to say what she's trying to accomplish but this looks like some of the heavy death eater stuff I'd heard about from my Dad and some of his more umm well-lubricated cronies who'd I'd heard bragging. "Make sure she stays down" I hissed at Gillian. As I tried to think of some sort of defence to that stuff. I wish I'd paid more attention in DADA now.

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hufflepuff Common Room | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained
DARKEST SELF


There, that did it! Gillian fumbles along the wall by the force and nature of Zach's spell. He does have potential after all. "Well done. You have a place in the Horsemen if you so wish."

But more pressingly, I need to subdue her before she lashes out again.

"You knew this was coming, Gilly. I know you better than you can even fathom. Petrificus Totalus!" I swing my wand wildly at her, letting the spell keep her still while help invariably arrives for us.

Shut Down Gilly, tagging Exposed.

(Krysmbot) RWT_m, 5+2 = 7

Giving her the condition Stiff. I'll assume whatever hard move I have coming is before this moment.


While she could resist the spell even yet, I take a moment to boast. "Now they can see you for who you really are: a sad, lost soul clinging to the dead. He's as dead as your little pussycat and you, of all people, should realize it." Her eyes scatter around like she's trying to see the awful things we both want to do in this moment. I'll never let that happen. "Do... Do you think you can outsmart me? You gave me power over you, and it's my right to use that power however I wish. You will not usurp me. Understood?"

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2015 around 18:54

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 4/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Psycho Girlfriend, Best Friend
Location: The Room of Requirement.
DARKEST SELF

If anyone's in the way of everything, it's Volfenfeld. Cana is clearly intent on disrupting destiny and is proving herself quite the snarl in the weave. That couldn't be allowed, and clearly, by her interference, she was straying from the path she was meant to walk, as well as leading others off of theirs'.

Absently, I squeeze Jacob's hand in return. "It's fine, Jacob, you can only see what is there to see, after all. Prophecy doesn't have a morality to it, it simply is." Lesson one when it came to soothsaying, really, but only for your standard soothsaying.

I was Fate. It was different for me. But I still needed to know what it was that Cana was supposed to be doing. Where she was going to end up and why she was straying from it. So I sat, lotus-position, on the floor, ignoring the disgusting physicality of what was happening in the corner, and I looked forward, past now, towards tomorrow, and the time beyond that. It was a shame, really, Cana was...at least mildly prophetic, but her misunderstanding of things wasn't going to help her. Or anyone. Still, I needed to know, what part did she have to play in everything, anyway? How can I get her back to that?

Gazing about the Disappointment Cana.

2d6+2: 12 [2d6=6, 4]

Oh my god a real success! Show me a glimpse of Cana's ultimate Fate and give her the 'Doomed' condition, please.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2015 around 21:46

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Gilly Room Conditions: Loser,

"I'd be delighted to." I said quickly. Don't piss off the crazy girl whose quick with a petrification spell is the first thing I'd do especially when she's ranting and raving about power and dominance. In a way it reminds me comfortingly of home. Val's like a much more attractive version of my Dad. Speaking of home some of these implements and knick knacks Gilly was using look awfully familiar. Almost identical to some of the tools my dad uses on occasion. I wonder what she was trying to accomplish here. Obviously some sort of dark magic given she seemed quite happy to throw the Cruciatus Curse around but what.

[23:19] Ferrosol Gaze about crazy wizard
[23:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
[23:19] Ferrosol RIP Zach
[23:19] Ferrosol normal service has been resumed
marking XP at least

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2x
Experience 3/5 | Harm 3/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance
Location: Library

I smile, grateful for even the small acknowledgement. I'm about to ask what she wants me to do, when she settles into what looks like a trance. Must be a divination thing, I guess?

Still, I can't just sit idle, waiting for her. Gotta prove that I'm helpful. So, I approach the others on the bed and sit on the far edge, well away from them so Margot won't get the wrong idea again. Let's see... who to ask? Gwen is a jerk and Senna just dived into the book I was reading, so I guess that leaves Cana. Looking at her, still pale and shaky from nigh utter exhaustion but still trying to look eager to help, I ask, "So, any more ideas on what to do? I mean, we've got to take care of this spirit, right? It's a pretty big deal." I look at her, hoping she has answer I don't.

<Capfalcon> Turn on the glory hound
<godfish> Isaiah is the only guy so Ivy automatically targetted him :v
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 2+2 = 4

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Scene 3 (Winding down)

Room of Requirement
Margot - Cana! You can see her now. Struggling more or less alone in a Quidditch match, snarling ferociously at what seems to be a swarm of Slytherins - see her blasting a rock into a dragon's face, hem of her robe aflame, the beast howling while she scrambles towards something. You see her overcome trials and tribulations, always with a careful watch overhead and eyes focused independent of one another. Finally, Cana's sprinting through a series of traps, finally reaching a Goblet on a pedestal. She's made it there first, but a voice behind her calls out. She's torn between the voice and the cup.

And then a second voice - the same that spoke to Chaucer. There's a similar flash of light, and Cana never gets to make her decision.


You're brought out of that unfortunate sight to see an equally disturbing one - that poor doomed girl, clearly flirting with Jacob. What do you do?

Cana - It's a faint and distant smell, but maybe the room remembers it for you somehow? No, it can't be that. The smell's just familiar enough for you to place it, though. Ivory and tobacco, too much aftershave and fresh ink. He was only here for one night, but you remember him. A ministry official, probably early forties. Seemed super cheerful, kept making hand motions that you knew represented Quidditch maneuvers while he spoke to the Headmaster. He'd seemed so charming, but the smell that's lingered is rancid. Before you recall more Jacob interrupts you. He's sweet, but is he being a nuisance? What do you think should be done? Is it getting late, or is the night still young?

Senna - Is it possible to vanquish one? Someone asked, in the margins of the very first page you turn to. The page itself has nothing to do with ghosts, but the handwriting looks like yours. Not easily, and not without cost, warns a stern writer. Old Magic works, and the Patronus can hold component ghosts at bay, a feeble scrawl remarks on the next page you turn to at random.

You turn to the next page, and in a precise, efficient manner, someone's written But if you try and stop me Senna, I'll kill your friends. I'm going to kill them all. The book slams itself shut in front of you, and you swear it's leering somehow. What do you think of its mixture of warnings, hints, and threats? What do you do?

Jacob and Gwen - Continue being yourselves, no prompts needed.

Potions Supply Room
Erhard - You're greeted by the same note Senna was when you reach the Headmaster's office. The Headmaster is away on busines, and should return promptly. Unlike the Potion's Supply Room - which to be honest, nearly everyone's had cause to loot at some point - the Headmaster's Office has some serious defensive spells on it. Hogwarts defensses are failing, but that might make them more dangerous. Are you two going to try and brute force or clever your way in, or is there some other plan?

Lee - Yes... it's coming back to you. A year ago, yeah! Senna! You were sitting behind her in History of Magic, and she flicked them a few times while she adjusted her hair. You remember feeling conflicted about, about her. Now though? You can just see her sneaking in before the two of you got there - her goody-two-shoes act just that, an act. She's smiling viciously while she slips in, obeying a list written in an ominously emerald script, flowing and exaggerated like the writer was obsessed with themself. It doesn't take her long - Senna's obviously an old hand at larceny, proving just how good her deception has been all this time - and she merrily skips ahead, ducking out into a corridor before locking lips and entwining bodies with Gwen Teague...

Erhard's remark pulls you out of what was probably about to be a pretty hot vision. Mad at him about that? Regardless, looks like you two are locked out and the Headmaster's not home. Trying more breaking and entering? This won't be nearly as easy if you do. Still, there's got to be something clever you can think of. What is it?

Remove Shadowed, don't take Drained.

Hufflepuff Common Room
Valerie - Gillian doesn't go down without a fight. Two versus one and the advantage from her ambush gone, she still manages to nail Valerie with a hex to the chest. It stings like the dickens to say the least - and shreds your uniform more than is proper - but your and Zach's onslaught more than matches what she manages. Gillian's down, petrified, glaring - it looks like she struggles tremendously to say something, her jaw twitching despite the spell, when she gives up and (your Mark feels like its burning; electric) for the merest of moments you see some shadow drift out back from her, into the tenebrous ether.

Gillian goes unconscious, catatonic really. There are loud shouts coming from the hall, further complicating things. What do you think has happened, and what do you think should happen to Gillian? Do you do anything before the gaggle of Hufflepuffs arrive? What do you say or do when they show up? Do you cover yourself in any way?

Take 1 harm + condition Shredded Uniform.

Zach - Gillian goes down, managing to scathe Valerie. Your spell is what brought her down, really - an impressive one too. What do you think of how you did? Before you have time to pat yourself on the back - or better yet, ask Val to do it - you notice there's some dreadful force rising out of the vanquished girl. It writhes in mid air for a moment, darkening the room, then evaporates back to who knows where. The whole thing's rather disconcerting. Do the shadows seem darker to you? Maybe you should stick closer to Val.

Take the condition Nyctophobic.

The lemming like horde that is your Housemates seems to be en-route, from the sound of the stampede coming down the hall, and you've got some explaining to do. What do you intend to say? Do you have time to do anything before they arrive?

Rauri fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2015 around 07:50

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Location: Hufflepuff Common Room | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained, Shredded Uniform
DARKEST SELF


"Now, kill her. She's more than useless to resist you."
"Valerie, look at yourself. You're in serious trouble if you get caught, and you know you will."
"Nonsense. You know you can Apparate out of here with as simple a gesture as it,would take to snuff out that harlot's life."
"Valerie! You cannot lose your education, your resources. I would be sorely disappointed."


You're right. I stare down at Gillian's cold body and... And...

My eyes well up. "Gilly..." My knees are trembling. She looks so pathetic and confused through her barely twitching face. I whip a spell at her window curtains, throwing it open with a chilling gale. Then I slump into Zach's embrace and slide down onto the floor, sobbing. "How could they do this? Zach, who could be so...?"

I peer up through the tears into Zach's eyes. "So cruel?" My uniform is almost entirely undone, with most of my bra thankfully intact underneath. I would hope he knows what to do. He's not entirely incompetent.

Turn On Zach: 2d6+1 8

"How clever. A loophole. Prolonging her suffering, are you?"
"Oh be quiet. Just be thankful she's intact."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1x
Harm: 2/4, XP: 1/5, Location: Gilly's Room Conditions: Loser, Nyctophobia

"Did you see that." I said my eyes darting into the shadows as if to see where that...thing went. Then Val did something completely unexpected and threw herself to the ground giving me an excellent view of her chest through her badly shredded uniform. I froze for a moment trying to figure what she was talking about and admiring that incredible view

give Val a string

I'm Acting! (Hold Steady): 2d6+2 13
carrying +1 Forward

Oh it was more acting. Luckily I'm pretty good at acting. I aced the part of human student at hogwarts exactly the same as all the other normal humans with their mating seasons and potential for creating hatchlings. And I could hear the hurried sound of feet coming through the door so time to do my part. I held her close my hands seeming to find more of the areas where her uniform was shredded than where it was not.

Turn on Val (+1 forward Shreded Uniform): 2d6+3 7
string/promise/self

"ssh.' i said stroking her hair as if I was comforting her.As a crowd of hufflepuffs burst through the door some of the smarter ones with wands drawn. "Dammit you're too late." I said improvising desperately "They got Gillian and very nearly got us too. Look at the state Val's in. Can someone check to make sure that they're gone?"

Manipulate Hufflepuffs: 2d6+1 10

Not my best acting but they mostly seemed to buy it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Disappointment, Glory Hound, Dog in Heat, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

My eyes snap open with a start. A ministry official! Not only that, I've seen him before. Think Cana, think. Only it's a bit hard now that Jacob is talking to me, I should pay attention to him too. "Uh- Right. Yeah- we definitely have to take on this spirit, but..." Man no way to be gentle about this one, "I think you probably shouldn't Jacob, you look dead on your feet. Probably not a good idea to tangle with some kind of murdered ghost glob when you're like that?" I give him what I hope is a sympathetic and not patronizing smile.

I close my eyes again for a second, trying to think. "The headmaster.... was meeting with a ministry official... He's been in and out a few times this year- I know who he is..." I've been into the Ministry with mother for work a few times. She always wanted to take me to meet the Aurors -hoping to see Harry a bit more I expect- but I was always more interested in ducking out to visit the Department of Games and Sports, talk about Quidditch with the people there. That was where I'd learned those Quidditch Hand Signals first too, that was it! I'd seen him there loads of times, but if I'd been properly introduced, I didn't remember his name. "He's from the Department of Games and Sports. If it isn't a teacher, I'd bet it's him behind this." Why would the headmaster give him access though... unless... "The Tournament! He must be setting up the Tournament- that'd be why Professor Celsus would give him access to the wards!" Yeah Cana you are the loving best. Figuring poo poo out.

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Location: Hufflepuff Common Room | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained, Shredded Uniform
DARKEST SELF


Oh my, Zach handled that situation with guile. I might have underestimated him. He lifts me up and makes me realize that this uniform needs to be patched in the lower back. His hands are rather warm for someone with such a lack of backbone, and the fingers through my hair... I don't remember ever feeling someone's fingers in my hair.

When the Hufflepuffs barge in, I clutch him tighter and point at Gillian, as if she can do anything about it. The scene set itself quite nicely without my interference. Even if she tries to implicate me, she's a proven Dark Witch and there's no denying she tried to do me in. What a pristine position to be in.

I start to calm myself down (rather easy, considering I was lying), place my head on Zach's chest and tell him, "I won't feel safe roaming the halls for a while." More for my own sake than anyone else. I don't want anyone bearing down on me for being stuck here, not that they could even touch me after all I've been through.

I'm not scared of anyone but myself.

"Could I stay the night with you?" I say, locking eyes again. His presence is surprisingly calming amidst the chaos we've wrought. I don't have to worry about what happens to us when the night's been sorted out. The future will take care of itself.

Valerie gives herself to Zach.

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2015 around 23:17

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Drained, Tempting Fate
Location: The Room of Requirement.

Not my friends! I couldn't endanger then! I'd have to go down into the dungeons alone and do this by myself. I look over at Jacob who has now joined us and I listen to Cana's words. I chuckle awkwardly and nod in agreement "Haha yeah I should be getting some rest too I've had a long day." I pat Cana and Gwen's hands and stand up then slowly move to the door.

I listen as Cana pieces together the mystery of the wards and beam at her. "Good work Cana! Now you two can just deal with it while I get to bed." I said nervously. "We'll discuss what to do about this spirit problem tomorrow after I've had some rest." My fingers find the door handle. "Good night." I lie.

[Rolling to Run Away from Cana and Gwen.
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 8+1 = 9
Sanctuary makes it a 10
I get away cleanly.
]

And I was out. Sorry Cana and Gwen but I couldn't risk you both. I had to do this alone.

You know it was surprisingly easy for a lone student to get down into the dungeons in this school. You might say this place was unsafe.

Jenner fucked around with this message at Sep 19, 2015 around 14:36

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Disappointment, Glory Hound, Dog in Heat, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

I frown a little as Senna leaves, saying she's heading to bed. Something about that doesn't feel quite right. Maybe its just that idea that we should be leaving a conglomeration of murdered spirits bound together to wait until tomorrow. On the other hand, I don't want to put Senna in harms way, and and no one else here aside from Gwen seem like they'd be much good deal with it. Mags might be able to see the future, but that didn't mean she could fight -though that was an impressive slap earlier- and like I said Jacob looks like practically a ghost already.

"Maybe we should all go to bed, deal with it in the morning?" I give each of them a look in turn, making sure to use the one looking at Gwen while my back is to the others to communicate I don't mean that at all. I'd like to talk it over with her, and even if we decide not to go after the ghost or do anything about the wards tonight, I have........ other things, I'd like to do with her. Before I have my first official date with Senna tomorrow, then that door will be closed.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1x
Harm: 2/4, XP: 1/5, Location: Gilly's Room Conditions: Loser, Nyctophobia

Surely she can't mean like that... I mean I've never.. "Umm if that's what you want." Having someone there with me might help keep the shadows at bay for a little while at least. "Come on" I whispered to her as the two of us slipped out in the confusion. All our problems could wait until tomorrow. We slipped into my room and shut the door behind us. You'll forgive me if I don't go into the sordid details of what happened next?
fade to black?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 4/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Psycho Girlfriend, Best Friend
Location: The Room of Requirement.
DARKEST SELF

"Cana." I say suddenly, getting back to my feet. "You need to know some things." It was a statement of fact, not a suggestion. Now, I wasn't going to tell her everything I saw about her fate, or really, even most of it, but enough to make sure she was heading the right way. She'd been problematic, but telling her what she needed to do in a way that made it sound like it was going to work out for her; well - that would work out for everyone, really. "Before...bed time, or what have you. It's important." Remembering that social graces dictated I not simply be Destiny's mouthpiece...and that Cana was sort of obvious about admiring the female form, I adjusted my robe, obviously for her, such that everything was in the proper place after standing - but I made sure it was slightly exaggerated, such that she could see various curves and bends as I did so.

Let's turn on Cana and tag Dog in heat to do it

2d6+1: 10 [2d6=5, 4]

Such baffling successes all of a sudden, is the long national nightmare over?

Pretty sure I already got a string at some point though.


"Please, follow me." I indicate to her as I head towards the door. I wasn't actually planning on stepping outside, yet, but certainly, I could keep my voice down. Hopefully she could do the same.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm: 2/4 XP: 1/5 Conditions :

What? Of course not. I shouldn't be watching that. Shouldn't be lusting after girls like that. Of course, whatever pangs of guilt I have are currently being drowned out by feeling betrayed and tricked.

"Senna." I just say, holding out the earrings. "I think I know who to go and talk to about those earrings."

But it doesn't make sense? She helped with the Dementor, right? Yeah, sure, unless the thing was her plan? Or maybe there's just several different sides having a go at it? Doesn't matter, we'll confront her and find out. poo poo, the others, they might be in danger too.

"Senna is the one who did that. Erhard, the others are all in danger. We need to warn them."

Oh, and Erhard gets to take a string

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2015 around 23:43

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Headmaster Office Door | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse, Ungrateful

"Warn them? They won't listen to us! They all crow and dote on Senna. It is perfect. She has been behind it all along. And I thought she reminded me of home." I said feeling betrayed and now knowing the truth, my eyes looked wide, "Lee, she brought everyone in class baked goods. I didn't eat any, but that is how she is going to do it." My eyes went over the door and the sign and I bite my lip. "Right now, not sure how to warn people and have them believe us. If we tip her off, she might have another delayed trap. A poison with a magical trigger perhaps?" I said getting more concerned.

"Lee being brash with this can get many more people than just two killed, we will have to take her down ourselves." I said quickly walking back and forth, this hadn't been the only time my kin had betrayed us, another who thought it should be above all. That one had no divine mission nor path given, but had tried to take it. The throne had resisted and cast them out, and I had been apart of that.

"It wouldn't be the first time." I said looking down at the floor.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Glory Hound, Dog in Heat, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Oh? What does Mags want? She didn't really need the show of her body to me either, we're friends and I know she's a hell of a lot better at divination than I am, and I'm not too bad. Whatever she has to say is bound to be worth hearing. Not that I mind her show in the slightest. I glance back at Gwen again as I get up, "Would you wait a minute before going Gwen? I'd like a word after this." I smile, giving her a wink when I know no one else can see it, then turn to Mags and follow towards the door.

10:01:34 PM godfish turn on Gwen
10:02:01 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
10:02:02 PM Krysmbot godfish, 5+2 = 7


"I'm not sure if we'll be able to get back in after leaving, do you mind just having it quietly here?" I gesture towards the far corner, where we should be safely out of all but extendable earshot, and assuming she doesn't object, head over there before asking in a low voice, "Whats up? Did you see something?"

Curing Disappointment with permission from Rauri for figuring out who was behind the ghosts.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Scene 3 (Winding down)

Room of Requirement
Everyone - As night approaches, all of you drift back towards your dorms, the need for sleep - and inevitable sunrise beckoning your next day's classes - impossible to resist forever. Still, most of you have learned a thing or two - hopefully it was an interesting night for you. Maybe even pleasant?

Senna - Sadly, it seems Fate doesn't like it when you break the rules. Or Professor Bohr. Already cleary irate, the bandaged professor spots you nearly the second you reach the dungeons. "Miss Avener, you know this area is off limits. Yet you're here." He seems to consider you a moment, then declares with grim finality, "Thirty points from Hufflepuff. You're lucky it isn't detention. Back to your dormitory, NOW.' Ouch. Poor Hufflepuff house - and you were just trying to help!

Potions Supply Room
Erhard and Lee - Senna's not the only one being troubled by the staff. Faetidus Rex, the Groundskeeper, can be heard cursing as he heads down the corridor you two had just come from. Unlike poor Senna though, you both have time to retreat without getting caught - lucky you. Your investigation will have to wait for another day.

Hufflepuff Common Room
Valerie and Zach - The Horde of Hufflepuffs seems torn between feeling bad for Valerie, and proud of Zach. His lame excuse is accepted as total fact - good thing Hufflepuffs are so kind and trusting - and Gillian's taken away by the staff, the Head of Hufflepuff House (Professor Nixous) personally arriving to both repair damage to the dorm and question the two of you. Neither accusatory nor unkind, she works to make sure you're both alright before asking you questions, recording what you're alright with her writing down. What, if anything, did you both tell her?

If Fade occurred (didn't see confirmation in-thread), trigger sex moves. If not, both of you ended up back in your own dorms, Gillian taken away to the Healers.

Session 2, Scene 1 (New Highlights)

The Past Few Days
It's been four days since your various adventures and escapades. The staff hasn't failed to react to some of the various crises you either detected or caused, either. A team from the Ministry of Magic has been deployed to the school to investigate the ward failure, though there hasn't seemed to be a solution yet. The headmaster's forbidden apparating on campus - or trying to interact with the wards and bans in any way - on pain of detention at the very least. The spider gore has been cleaned as well, and an Auror (Ned Shankwick) has been dispatched to Hogwarts as well, to keep the school safer. A gaunt, grim man with an unfortunate fondness for a pipe and tobacco, he's mostly just made students late for classes.

The House rankings, as observered the previous evening, were as follows
Slytherin 142
Gryffindor 118
Ravenclaw 112
Hufflepuff 51

This Morning
It's time for the first Hogsmeade weekend of the semester, and the weather seems to have decided to commemorate the occasion by snowing for the first time this season. Snow's not yet piled high, but it blusters against the windows as students stir from their beds on this auspicious morning. As it's Saturday, there are obviously no classes for a whole forty eights hours, so the weekend's all yours. Many of you have dates already, but those that didn't - have you made plans for Hogsmeade over the past few days with anyone? Have any of you had your plans unexpectedly fall apart, or date cancel on you?

(More about Hogsmeade here, including locations – though feel free to describe how they’ve changed over the years or make up new ones, as strikes your fancy / suits the fiction.)

Hufflepuff Common Room
Senna - Ouch. Your Housemates certainly didn't appreciate you losing so many points for your already struggling House - you've gotten the cold shoulder from quite a few people who should've been friendly to you over the past few days. Who's betrayal was least expected, and whose hurt most? Still, perhaps today will be better. Pyras woke you this morning, gently nuzzling your face with its soft feathers, flying circles around your head in a near dizzying fashion while you awake. What do you do while getting ready to make today special, and where are you meeting your date at?

Zach - So, most of Hufflepuff house thinks you and Valerie are dating. Have you embraced your newfound reputation, or rebelled against it? It's hard to tell what Harriet thinks about it - she's avoided you. It's easy to tell what your dad thinks, though - he wrote you.

A letter from your dad posted:

Zachary,

Well done seducing that tart! She's the right sort of person, you should be more like her, instead of constantly failing me and generations of your ancestors. Speaking of, no progress on the von VolFenfeld girl? How disappointing. Perhaps you need an easier task, and I should task your little girlfriend with that one? I want you to keep an eye on the Gibson boy, knock him further into the mud if you can. A friend of mine's requested it. Don't fail me again, or I'll have Toby stuffed.

An absurdly lazy scribble signifying your father's signature

Oh... well, better hop to it. Who are you meeting this morning before heading to Hogsmeade, and do you intend on involving them in your father's latest scheme? If no one, is there any aid you can enlist? What do you think Valerie's thinking about you now, and how does your father know about her?

Ravenclaw Common Room
Valerie – What a week for the Horseman! Gillian was taken away, to the Healers first of course – but the rest depends on you. If you mentioned her using unforgivable curses… well, she’s out of school and out of the Horseman at least. If not, she’s still in school, just having recovered from her possession and tremendously apologetic about her actions. She’s still loathe to talk about what happened, but will redeclare her loyalty as many times as you’d like to hear.

Your call RWT – either Gillian is expelled and arrested + you can pick an NPC that attended the meeting to replace them in your gang, or she’s healed up (if shaken) from Monday’s events.

Still, those are things of the past – you’re to look to the future. What do you have planned today, who are you meeting with as a date, if anyone, and what task(s) do you have for the Horseman at Hogsmeade?

Jacob – Well, what a weird week! What horrible danger did one of your professors place you in, and why are you still struggling to get over the trauma? Still, perhaps Maggie could make it better. Or Margot, or whatever. You two are dating, right? Does she think so? Are you supposed to meet her at Hogsmeade – if not, how do you hope to trick ask her to hang out with you while you’re there?

Margot – What a rotten weak it’s been! So many classmates, all so dedicated to fighting fate. What classmate did you manage to set right, and who still evaded your efforts to guide them? Metaphysical concerns aside, Jacqueline has been postively clinging to you all week - it seems she's determined you're both soulmates. Are you pleased to have her following you around? What do you make of her and Jacob, really? Do they fit into your plans for today?

You can leave Darkest Self if you want / can also start this scene in whatever aspect you desire.

Gryffindor Common Room
Lee – That Senna – it’s hard to tell if she’s avoiding you on purpose, or it’s just bad luck, but you’ve not had a chance to question her about her involvement in the nefarious goings-on at Hogwarts. Still, at least Markus seems defeated. His gang’s avoided him, having seemingly congregated around the much more pleasant Blake. Chaucer’s been an incessant companion as well, needing someone to brag to about his date – the equally rambunctious Kayla Kreiger. As for yourself, though, have you managed a date? What comes first, your romance or your investigation?

Cana – Feeling confident about the Quidditch match tomorrow? After all, Slytherin’s got a huge point lead right now – but a victory for Gryffindor on the pitch would be enough to put your House in the lead, and the glory would be all yours. How’s Lee been coming along in practice? Equally importantly, your plans for today – where are you meeting your date? Done anything special to get ready for it? The Full Moon’s starting tonight, as luck would have it. Planning on taking any precautions?

Slytherin Common Room
Gwen – What a glorious week! You’ve made some efforts in your investigation – what piece of evidence did you find that only a genius like you would know to look for, and where did you find it? Secondly, how did you win so many points for Slytherin? You –are- the reason your House is in the lead, right? Well, what does an amazing person like you have planned for today? Meeting anyone for Hogsmeade – other than your fan-club of course, who are sure to try and follow you?

Erhard – It’s been a difficult week. Progress has been slow on you and Lee’s investigation, almost as if the Lord is testing you… no, almost as if he wants you to fail. Has your faith been shaken by this experience, or have you risen to this test? Do you still intend to go on a date with Victoria, or would you prefer Valerie? And what do you make about the rumours of her hexing a room while having a threesome with Gillian and Zach?

OOC Note: Everyone may drop one condition and heal up to two harm.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Sep 20, 2015 around 09:59

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2[b] Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm: 0/4 XP: 1/5 Conditions :

"gently caress, gently caress, gently caress. I ate one of those. Tsh, getting poisoned seems to be the thing for me." I punch a wall. "But loving hell. Makes sense, doesn't it? Was one of the only folks I'd pegged as a good one in this school. "How does she remind me of home. She doesn't sound German or anything." I said, not quite sure of what to make of that. Not much time for a reply after that, as the Groundskeeper chases us off.

Next few days, I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but if I'm honest, I'm not sure what to do. If it was a guy, I'd be very tempted to drag him into some empty classroom and get to the bottom of it, but I can't just, like, grabbing a girl, wrapping my hand around her neck, hissing a threat. No, how loving fare you.

I keep telling myself it's to save people. And that her whole sweet, kind veneer is just that, but whenever I think about confronting her, I feel like a right bastard. Going to the authorities ain't my style, and it ain't like I got something. An earring I found while breaking into a place. Not really wicked good evidence.

Part of the distraction is training for the Quiditch thing. It wasn't too unpleasant. I got a rep for violence, so the other folks were pretty happy to see me as a Beater. I just try to keep flying a bit low. I never was one for broomflying, and I'm nervous at great heights Still, getting the hang of making sure to hit the ball in someone's face, and getting to know how the rest of the team sticks together.

Pretty happy that Chaucer managed to get himself a date, and it's one that won't let him get away with poo poo. Me? I'm not sure where I stand, mate? Margot asked me, but I didn't reply at the time, and I'm hearing rumors about her and Jacob. I figure, ya know. It's just as well, innit? Jacob's a decent enough bloke, and I got other things to do, and he might be a better fit for her and all. Not gonna get in between of that. I'm not bothered. Not bothered at all.

So yeah, as far as I know, I'm going solo to Hogsmeade. Which is just as well, right, seeing as I'm gonaa have a talk wit Friendly Frederick. All this shite going on, he might know a thing or two. Of course, he don't do things for free, so I've been getting my hands on some of the school's stuff that isn't gonna get missed too soon. Some potions, some raw material, some tools here and there.

I look at Cana. "So, you got any fun times planned today, or taking it easy with the game tomorrow?"

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Ravenclaw Common Room | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained
DARKEST SELF


"It was this dark, tall figure," I began to the Professor. "Standing in Gillian's room, holding a book... Must have been forbidden spells. They..." I look away. "They used her. It may have been... The Imperius Curse. It broke away as soon as they'd left, but not before they'd attacked me." I sob a little. "I just want my friend back."

Well executed, if a bit melodramatic. I'll let it stand at that.

=====

The effects of my night were more than noticed among the people. Firstly, Gillian was all apologies throughout the week, and considering this had been only her first infraction against me (albeit near-fatal on either side), it was somewhat unlike her. Somewhat. She is now a step below Martin in my secret hierarchy, which is mostly a competition for second after Erin. Regardless, Gillian has lost many of her privileges until she can earn back my trust.

Erin, likewise, received my highest thanks. However, her accusations in the wake of my tortured state left me in a bind. Gillian is a good person with a knack for making people suffer. I knew that coming in, but I'm willing to be the bigger person. My story is as follows: someone cursed me after I'd been given confirmation that Gilly was in trouble. Who and why, I don't know. Erin simply jumped to conclusions. Silly Erin.

Gilly gets to stay in school. For now.

Zach must have fallen for me from the outset as I'd predicted. He seemed almost encouraged to take the rites of the Horsemen. Contrary to popular belief, initiation into the Horsemen does not involve copulating. However, in a surprising coincidence the rite seems to have led to sex three times out of four (sorry Gilly). Heat of the moment and all that.

He was a little scared that I'd left my Mark on him, but as I'd explained, it has a habit of fading away if not used. Just like Mum's did.

We had indeed faded. Zach receives a souvenir and One of Them.

Now to the present. I'd agreed to take Zach to Hogsmeade today, which may have resonated with Erhard. I stopped hearing his voice for some time, but we met once after word had spread. Something about him makes me want to do horribly exciting things and be equally sorry for even thinking about it. He's almost as manipulative as I am.

Martin and Erin are headed out together to investigate some of the Dark Passages that may have led to Gillian's evident possession. Zach let me know that he saw a shadow exit her body, and though I think I would have seen something like that I'm inclined to believe him.

Gillian, on the other hand, has been ordered to have fun in the well-lit parts of Hogsmeade. She mentioned a passing interest in Marcus, so I've allowed the two of them to accompany each other. He is, after all, a member of the greater club.

I've lost a lot of faith in Martin, and have regularly chastised him for backtalking me. I've considered enforcing the Horsemen's punishment for undermining my authority, but his face makes me think twice. He's just jealous that I prefer more sensitive men. I did intercept his letter to Gilly and, to be quite honest, it doesn't bother me anymore knowing (or assuming, as it were) that her unfaithfulness was caused by a spirit of ill will. However, seeing as I've moved on from him, he can do as he pleases as long as he stays the course club-wise.

I'd agreed to meet Zach at the Melting Wall to consult our trip itinerary. If he knows me, and he does, he'll be on time.

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Sep 20, 2015 around 16:29

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Tempting Fate
Location: Hufflepuff Dormitory ---> Train to Hogsmeade

Oh I felt simply terrible! I had just been trying to do the right thing. But now we'd definitely have to win the Tri-Wizard Tournament to get the House Cup and it was all my fault.

Oh I spent these past few days apologizing to my Housemates and doing everything I could to win us points but we were just at such a deficit. It upset me. Just because we were easy going and went with the flow got us ignored when the time for points came around. What hurt the most is even my friend Glenda Murphy was giving me the cold shoulder. But I took responsibility and made a public apology and I asked my Father for more sweets for the whole house because I was dead set on getting back into their good graces.

Pryas actually carried a letter from my dads who had heard about my wanderings (I confessed to them myself) and who had mutually decided to scold me. But the letter was also full of love. They were still proud of me and they promised me more sweets. I hugged the letter from my dads. It stung to be scolded but I deserved it.

It seemed like the school was finally taking things seriously because they brought in some professionals and had taken precautions. This made me less worried about the broken wards but it wasn’t doing much about the spirit in the basement. We were all in very real danger and I hadn't heard back from Godmother yet nor had the Headmaster deigned to see me. I could understand though he was a busy man and I was just a simple student.

Today, I decided, was going to be a good day. I'm going out on a date with Cana today. I put on some warm winter attire in preparation for the perpetually snowy village. Cana and I had agreed to meet at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop and then branch out from there. So I shouldered my messenger bag (I'd brought a blanket in case we got chilly and wanted to cuddle.) and headed out to the train station.

I tried to ignore all the glares and cold shoulders I was getting. I felt really bad! I couldn't wait to meet up with Cana and forget all about things for awhile. I arrived at the train station and fed Pryas a treat then sent him off in hopes I would get some communication from my Godmother. Anything would do at this point! I was starting to worry!

[Removing Drained from Senna's giant stack of conditions. She's well rested now.]

Jenner fucked around with this message at Sep 20, 2015 around 19:32

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1 Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser,

Well I wasn't expecting it to be like that. No wonder all you proper humans are so obsessed with it. I can see why. But enough on that. The marking process seemed a little unusual to me but apparently it is quite normal amongst certain sections of the muggle population about it. I'll have to ask Lee about... Dammit I can't can I.

Valerie is now a part of Zachs Falling Dynasty. She can set him a task and get a string for it . Zach then carries one forward to doing it.

See I was just getting to know Lee a little better he seemed quite nice for a muggleborn. I'd even been to his little foot in the ball practice. It was kind of like Quidditch but without the brooms and I got told off when i tried to pick up the ball. He even tried and failed at explaining something called the offside rule to me and several of the other players but we were all completely baffled. I've heard advanced magical theorems that sound less complicated.

But then of course I got that letter delivered from my dad. He uh approves of me dating Val. Not that we are dating exactly I think. These human customs are rather confusing but she did agree to meet me in Hogsmeade so I guess that kind of counts as a date doesn't it. But I'm digressing. Where was I? Oh yeah, Lee. See also in that letter was a bit asking me to take Lee down a notch or two somehow. But don't worry I've got a plan Dad. One that should work perfectly you'll see then you'll have to respect me.

Still I'd like to know who it was Dad was using to spy on me. It's kind of uncomfortable to imagine him looking over my shoulder so to speak, when I was err otherwise engaged with Val but what can I do. And I suppose he has a right I mean I'm just the minor twig of a very ancient and noble line. If we're going to restore even a fraction of our power I can't afford to slack off. Even with someone as lovely and sexy as Valerie. She was even remarkably charitable to my fumbling efforts which I would not have believed considering her reputation. I wish I knew what she saw in me though. I mean I'm flattered and all but she could have any guy she wanted in the school and she chose me for some reason. Maybe it's only going to be a temporary thing. Especially given the emphasis she put on this tattoo thing fading without use. Still if that's the case I might as well enjoy it while it lasts. My dad's right she's an education on so many things. Although I doubt we'll ever discuss some of the things she taught me behind closed doors. Not even with the instrument of my next plan.

I'm sitting down to a perfectly acceptable breakfast with Harry. He's the biggest gossip in the entirety of Hufflepuff. Maybe even the entirety of Hogwarts. Which makes him perfect for me. Time to set the bait. "So did you hear what Lee was saying about Cana ." I said. He finished a bit of toast and leaned forward. "What was that?" "Well apparently Lee's not happy with the way she's been behaving something about how weird she's been acting over people. He said if she didn't calm down he was going to have to make her." I lied.

[20:21] Ferrosol blab vicious lies about Lee
[20:21] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:21] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+2 = 14
Giving Lee Canaphobe

"Supposedly the only reason he hasn't done anything yet is this dumb quidditch match coming up, now that they're on the same team he's behaving but after the regular guy gets back all bets are off." I added. "Expect fireworks." Harry didn't say anything to that but I could see his eyes widen. With a bit of luck the rumour would be all over school before too long and then when Lee and Cana heard about it they'd fight each other which would discredit both of them. Zach you're a genius. And the best part if it all goes wrong somehow everyone will just blame Harry for it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Glory Hound, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Taking off Dog in Heat

The last few days have given me a lot to think about. Mags' warnings about the future have been weighing heavily on me, but at least I'm forewarned now, and what is the point of a prophecy if you can't use it to change your fate? I've been meaning to talk to her more about, but never really got the the chance. Other things weighing on me, the stupid teachers are, as usual, biased towards Slytherin. Constantly piling house points onto them for things like 'not calling people mudbloods' and 'going a full lesson without hexing someone'. Because they know that's actually an accomplishment for most of the people there. At least in the Quidditch match we'll be able to rocket past everyone if everything goes as planned. And hey! I'm not worried about the glory for me, it's about the team, the house. We're in this together. Don't lump me in with the Slytherin's who always have to be the best to feel good about themselves. If we win-unless its purely by me catching the Snitch, it'll be the solely the teams victory, and honestly, if I can't put together a team good enough to win without me, I'm won't have been a very good Captain.

Lee is coming along great- with a few rough patches. We'd been trying him as a chaser, I figured it was a natural progression from is kickball stuff, but it didn't go so well. But it turns out he makes a fan-loving-tastic beater, and Max makes a passing good Chaser. Not nearly as good as our usual front three, but still better than most of the other teams'. He still seems a bit nervous about flying, but he's getting better every day, and the one private lesson we managed to find time for helped out a lot. I'm planning on having one more go with him after Hogsmead tonight to tighten things up.

But enough about that, far more importantly, today is finally my date with Senna! I could barely fall asleep last night, I was so excited. I can't wait to cuddle up with her in Madame Puddifoots, walk along the hill up to the Shrieking Shack -my mind briefly wanders to the possibility of making it live up to its name, but I shake the thought away. Senna doesn't want to move fast, and so I'll take it nice and slow with her, nothing like that unless she wants it- share a thick bar of chocolate from Honeydukes, all that. When I wake up, I know today is going to be perfect, even the weather is on my side, a nice dusting of snow falling, not enough to make it miserable, but enough to make everything a beautiful white wonderland, and be just chilly enough to force Senna and I to huddle up tightly together as we walk. I bet she'll look even more adorable than usual bundled up tight in a thick coat, her face flecked with melting snow, her nose and cheeks flushed pink in the chill... Ah, I can't wait!

I end up putting on a sporty sort of muggle outfit, not quite sure of the terms to describe it, top it off with some thick pants that sort of ruin the bottom half of the look, a leather jacket with a fuzzy fake fur collar to keep my face warm and look dangerously stylish -out of everything muggles are better at than us wizards, fashion is definitely the number one. Who thought cloaks all day everyday were a good idea?- and then I toss on my winter cloak over it all, dangling back like a cape to leave my normal clothing visible. Like I said, cloaks- not super stylish. As I head down towards Hogsmead, Lee falls inline beside me, and we have a good chat on the way in. "Oh yeah~ I've got a date with Senna planned, it's going to be great! I've been looking forward to this for ages, can you believe they made us this long for a Hogsmead trip?"

I reach out my hand and scrape up some of the fallen snow off a fence at the side of the path, letting it slowly blow off my hand in the light wind. "Are you still up for a quick flying practice after the trip? I should go over the tricks for keeping visibility when flying in the snow, and I bet you'll be flying as good as me after another hour practice. How about you though, you got a date for today?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance
Location: Library

I didn't say it out loud, but I was secretly grateful that we'd called it a night. I felt like I was going to fall down any second. I was even too beat to enjoy the walk back to the common room with Mags.

The next day I was grateful for the small amount of rest I'd managed to get. First thing in the morning was DADA, and our nutbag of a professor had released some sort of living shadow monster into the classroom. Of course, he only told us that halfway through the lecture. Then he'd told us to track them down, and the rest of class was a paranoia induced search of every nook and cranny of the huge stone room. The worst part? Once class was out, I heard him take count, and he muttered that he'd sworn he'd had 6 shadows in the classroom. So, I've been looking over my shoulder all day for a shadow moving on it's own.

Still, I'm trying to not let that get to me. I've got a date with Mags! I'd folded it into a little paper airplane and then had it glide over to her desk.

quote:

The weeks already been too long to go without seeing you.
Why don't we have a date in Hogsmead?
I'll be waiting for you Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop.
And just to make it even more tempting, I'll have a surprise for you when you arrive!

See you soon,
Jacob.

I saw her read the note, but her expression was inscrutable. ...Granted she usually looks inscrutable, so at least that's not bad.
Spending a string to offer XP to get her to meet him in town and have a date-like thing. He's got a surprise gift for her if she shows up!

But, I mean, we're dating right? She said as much after we were together (with , so it's not like I have to guess or anything.

After all, if she hadn't been able to make it, she'd have let me know. And since she can see the future, of course she'd know if something would come up.

So, that's why I'm sitting out in front of the Tea Shop with a parcel in my lap, looking either way down the street, when Erhard rounds the corner, looking bound and determined as he heads somewhere. He's always struck me as a bit weird. Still, he's been hanging out with Lee a lot, which is more than enough for me, because Lee just doesn't hang out with jerks.

...Which reminds me, I haven't seen Lee since I got out of the hospital wing earlier this week. I really should check up on him.

Anyway, I wave Erhard down and say, "Hey, where's the fire, man? We're supposed to be enjoying the trip!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Path to Hogsmeade | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

I adjusted the tie and thought about the day as I looked in the mirror, slicking my hair back. The double breasted slate suit with matching black vest was exactly how I wanted to appear. There was a secret to this outfit, I had met somewhere in a place elsewhere and elsewhen dressed as such and his fire and passion had changed my mind. I figured that one hundred years was bit of a blink of time, surely his advice was still sound, though Victoria would be in much less formal dress, I was sure. Looking in the mirror my eyes turned a bluish grey to match the suit and my hair rebelliously stuck back in it's normal sloppy appearance.

Valerie had been in the back of my mind the entire week, and I seen her from time to time, but I had resisted. We had gone places and scratched itches that I had never known where there, compared to Valerie, Victoria seemed tame and very common. I am not a mortal though, I do not overlook the majesty of the mundane. She had a wonderful delicate potential, and I see some strains of Valerie in her and I found myself cherishing them when I saw them brought out. It was a sickness, this desire. It wasn't love, I could tell that. Even my investigation was pushed to the back of my mind as it entered my thoughts.

Even Lee had noticed, though the thought of stopping the Judas known as Senna had hovered over us both. I had struck down my own siblings and I knew the initial sickness at the thought. What had to be done, had to be done. Is the only thought I had.

Love. Love is something I know about more than mortal could dare to hope, I was born to love and cherish and submit to a single being. I had been ignored and outcast when I question The Creator's path and the sickness and horror that was allowed to propagate. The suffering was too much to watch in a universe of sadness and suffering, and this was my reward, to stand in this limited form and feel another love again.

Either way, I would go with Victoria as I promised, and though Valerie had made many promises she had fulfilled none of them, and strangely, that made me look forward to our next meeting.

Walking down the hall in a focused and thinking on things, I am interrupted by... Jacob? "Oh, Hi Jacob. I detest being late." I said honestly, as I looked him over in his casual clothing. "I am going to enjoy myself thoroughly, how about yourself?"

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2015 around 02:37

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance
Location: Library

He's certainly well dressed for it, whatever he's doing. I cock my head at him and say, "Oh? Where are you headed?"

I gesture to the teahouse and add, "I'm waiting for Mags, myself. We've got a date."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Path to Hogsmeade | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

"Oh yes. I had heard about that." I said honestly, "I had some business in town. I kind of am on a date." I said scratching my head, "It is complicated. At least, I think it is a date. With Victoria. Not sure where we are going, but will thinking of going somewhere... unique." I said explaining as best I could. It wasn't very surprising to people that I was date her, after all she was part of my group of friends. "Weren't you petrified or something?" I said awkwardly.

I really only knew Jacob from Lee.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2015 around 02:48

  • Locked thread
«14 »