Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

same to you re: her power.

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

ok

Murmur Twin posted:

Preferably Ecco?

is there actually a reasonable chance you could vote with me on goo, or are you just trying to Make a Point?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CCKeane posted:

This is a post that a scum would make. Nothing meaningful is said and everything is qualified heavily. The strongest statement is a declaration that KingB is town, which they immediately walked back when questioned.

Goo is also very defensive when I voted him:

This is not a response that I would expect from a town player, particularly as I am currently the only vote on him. Yes, Goo is hated, but being -1 to being voted off is near meaningless day one.

They say that it isn't an OMGUS, but it clearly is. I would counter accusations that I voted without reason by pointing out that I voted Goo for the exact same reason that they claim to be voting me: that they think I am scummy.

In conclusion, I don't really care too much, vote me off, whatever.

This was my original case on Goo. It is a day one case but much of it holds up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Day two incoming weeeee

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh, right, he made that weird "kingb is town" post, i'd deffo vote him.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Following up from yesterday.
Regarding CPig
First serious vote seems to have been on Murmur. The entire explanation for why they did so was,
(Granted Pin Mom did the same thing)

Followed by low content silliness…

CapitalistPig posted:

My Girlfriend bought a bag of trail mix the other day and it made me think of you because it had fake m&m's in it.
A jump to Ecco

A jump on Yumming

CapitalistPig posted:

I agree

##vote yuming
Which followed King’s vote.
It is a good number of votes to throw around in a game. But when they follow up later and report something like

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm totally lost
Sorry I haven't been giving this game my full attention :(

Birsdstrike please tell me who the bad guys are.
It makes you wonder how seriously they’ve been taking the game. They paid enough attention to cast a bunch of votes on a bunch of different people. Yet, in the course and flow of the game, you read something like this you might be inclined to ignore earlier behavior.
Going over thing again.. this post looks really weird

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not liking pinmom or KB

pinmom is just tunneling in on narc, who honestly is pretty much like this in every game.

pinmom also isn't giving very good reasons for it either he just hopped on on day 1 with a fairly weak thing about bolding words being cases and hasn't jumped off since.

##vote pinmom

Also KB is being lurky and acting like scum KB would act.

I've been scum with him a few times now, that's all just gut though with him.
Because the two people they called out, are the same two people they immediately followed with no explanation or context during their day one votes. If they were so untrustworthy and scummy, why were their votes trust worthy and unscummy enough to immediately follow?

Since then.. they’ve done very little else aside from refer back to the one post they made, making a case.

The way things lined up, it just feels weird.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

This was my original case on Goo. It is a day one case but much of it holds up.

fyi (for y'all's information) this is the reason why I voted goo day 1 and where I started my town read on keane. It is an actually good case and I liked it.

I still think murmur is scum too though, in case anyone reading our interactions concludes I somehow think she's not worthy of a good being killed! it's just well there are lots of ways to address the same thing, some more effective than others.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

No, it was only for day 1. Honestly I initially thought the hated had to do with your item, since Exakt indicated the Hated status in votefinder by giving you an extra vote and putting it on them.

by giving me an extra vote?
must of been because he bet on me.

I'll have to peek at vote finder and double check, but Goo lost the second challenge. Did he saw who he bet on to win that time?
I'll look over Goo postings in a bit and try and get a read

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Roydrowsy posted:

Did he saw who he bet on to win that time?
I think he bet on himself, since he cursed me for getting second place.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

Can someone who thinks Goo is scum show me what they see as "scummy" that can't be explained by "newbie"?

I don't think anything can't be explained away by being new until it's like your 10th game, it's not a great excuse

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

Roy isn't the only one who got an item. Everyone who had a key at the end, including TMM, got an item. Keep that in mind.

--------

So for the yuming bandwagon:

Merk had his case.

The next three votes were "I agree with this case, and will vote yuming."

The next three were "Well, it's either yuming or narc, and I think yuming is scummier."

QPQ trusted merk's gut.

Narc and Garth hammered.

Merk seemed to be the only one to actually put any thought into that case. I thought it was a pretty weak case.

MMT was not on the bandwagon, but had she been here around the deadline, I believe she would have voted for yuming, so consider her on the bandwagon.

Based on what we see here, I find QPQ's vote the scummiest, although I am not fond of opop's vote either.

So this is a whacky post that does very, very little, and fundamentally establishes everyone on yuming as scummy, and then does not do much afterwards. This post is important because how it is done it really only makes sense with the idea of Anon being scum.

OmegaGoo posted:

If that was chaotic voting, I find it interesting that mine was the only one (minus MMT, see previous post) that wasn't on one of the two bandwagons.

This is a post that I really don't like, since (especially with my newer take on Anon) it reads as "Well I wasn't on either town case!" I really don't like this post.

OmegaGoo posted:

Huh. That's a lot of pressure out of the gate.

I'm not liking a lot of stuff going on this game. Something about the number of blitzes is bothering me.

This post establishes that something feels weird, and then does absolutely nothing with it. This is another example of one of those very inoffensive posts that can slide under the radar.

OmegaGoo posted:

Nope.

The deadline blitz from yesterday doesn't count, then?

The issue I'm having here is that yuming wasn't scum, I'm quite certain Anon isn't scum (this was even before her claim), and that everyone in the game was willing to bet it was one of those two.

Take your mislynch and shove it somewhere useful.

##vote imgay

This post is very interesting in light of the first post that Goo made today. If Anon isn't scum, and if Goo didn't think Anon was scum, why would the analysis and focus on yuming be worthwhile? It doesn't match up with the approach he is taking here.

That's my HOT TAKE.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

OmegaGoo posted:

imgay has, once more, done nothing this game. Not even an illusion of content (which you're so dead set on me having created).

At this point, hindsight copping merk's case isn't going to do us any good. I have pointed out multiple times that Opop and QPQ had odd timings and reasonings for their votes. I also believe that the bandwagons (and the voting, in general) were much too clean for Anarc to be scum. The only one actively trying to divert pressure away from Anarc was Anarc herself, which makes sense if she's town.

The only cases on Anarc were the following:

There are more posts that PMom made on the subject following that, which were basically "so fake scumhunting is good enough, hmmm?" (Directed at Anarc, of course).

How is this a case? I truly do not understand how this caused Anarc to be a frontrunner.

----

Oh. I found a better case:

Which I'm pretty sure no one ever commented on. If they did, it was drowned out by PMom's sparklees. This one I can see.

----

Does imgay really do this every game? How the hell does he get a pass for this?

----

I still think Opop's vote yesterday is the most suspicious. His vote tied up the bandwagons and started the momentum for the blitz. He certainly hasn't done anything today to make me change my mind.

##vote opop

Happy?

This is the post that did it for me, really. It just seems to be a panicked mess of inconsistencies he spat out only because he had to

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
For the record, OmegaGoo is still Hated and will remain so unless I say otherwise.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Roydrowsy posted:

Following up from yesterday.
Regarding CPig
First serious vote seems to have been on Murmur. The entire explanation for why they did so was,

(Granted Pin Mom did the same thing)

Followed by low content silliness…

A jump to Ecco

A jump on Yumming

Which followed King’s vote.
It is a good number of votes to throw around in a game. But when they follow up later and report something like

It makes you wonder how seriously they’ve been taking the game. They paid enough attention to cast a bunch of votes on a bunch of different people. Yet, in the course and flow of the game, you read something like this you might be inclined to ignore earlier behavior.
Going over thing again.. this post looks really weird

Because the two people they called out, are the same two people they immediately followed with no explanation or context during their day one votes. If they were so untrustworthy and scummy, why were their votes trust worthy and unscummy enough to immediately follow?

Since then.. they’ve done very little else aside from refer back to the one post they made, making a case.

The way things lined up, it just feels weird.

I love it when people case me.

:wink:

I'm not joking?

Why would you think I'm a jokester.

I'm deadly serious at all times.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EccoRaven posted:

is there actually a reasonable chance you could vote with me on goo, or are you just trying to Make a Point?

Nope! I will go back to ##vote ANarc

Taking aside all the other stuff I've said, I'm inherently suspicious of how difficult it is for the vote ANarc (who I still think is really scummy) to gain momentum versus how easily everyone is going along with the Goo case. Basically I see this as yuming vs. ANarc, part 2, and I don't want to go along with what I feel is scum trying to sway people on the easy target.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

Taking aside all the other stuff I've said, I'm inherently suspicious of how difficult it is for the vote ANarc (who I still think is really scummy) to gain momentum versus how easily everyone is going along with the Goo case. Basically I see this as yuming vs. ANarc, part 2, and I don't want to go along with what I feel is scum trying to sway people on the easy target.

this is wrong and dumb

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Does the item change your take on that matter at all? Because it did for me.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Regarding GOO

Re-reading stuff from the top. They hint at the whole gambling thing right off the bat. They do so really, really strongly. It is an interesting dynamic. Has anybody played a game with that sort of role in it before? With gambling as the mechanic, there are no obvious alignment ties.

Goo, what happens if you WIN a bet?

So the first thing to really set people’s radar off was this post.

OmegaGoo posted:

Trying to keep 16 different people's posts straight has been rather difficult.
Opop is seeming scummy to me for the same reason as in WIFOA... which means he could be town. I know for a fact my scumdar needs work, so as of right now that's a null-leaning-town there.
MMT is doing that thing that promotes discussion. Regardless of alignment, that's a pro-town thing. Null-leaning-town there.
I want my question to Roy answered. Nothing yet there.
KingB is town.
Considering my track record on betting, this might not be saying much, but I'll bet that one of Pmom or Keane is scum. Nothing solid there yet, so no vote from me yet.
TMM, aside from the glory, why did you want to win the challenge?
Which is a lot of words, but doesn’t add up to much. Yet I will say as somebody who has played games with Goo, multiple in the past few weeks, this sort of stuff seem pretty typical of them. They tend to play similar to me, in which they throw out ideas as they come to them. This is the third time I’ve seen something like this, so it doesn’t resonate with me quite the same way.
Back tracking on King is a little weird, dropping that train of thought the second it gets questioned.
One thing that jumps out is where they called out QPQ, whose comments about me not trying to win the crown, when QPQ did the same exact thing.
[ur] http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731165&pagenumber=13&perpage=40#post448066413[/url]

So they are somebody who is paying attention.
Keane, you bring up the OMGUS vote… but your response to a pretty straight forward question was completely unhelpful. If I asked somebody a question, asking them to explain and they respond, “I don’t care to,” that would set me radar off too.
Another post…

OmegaGoo posted:

Roy isn't the only one who got an item. Everyone who had a key at the end, including TMM, got an item. Keep that in mind.

--------

So for the yuming bandwagon:

Merk had his case.

The next three votes were "I agree with this case, and will vote yuming."

The next three were "Well, it's either yuming or narc, and I think yuming is scummier."

QPQ trusted merk's gut.

Narc and Garth hammered.

Merk seemed to be the only one to actually put any thought into that case. I thought it was a pretty weak case.

MMT was not on the bandwagon, but had she been here around the deadline, I believe she would have voted for yuming, so consider her on the bandwagon.

Based on what we see here, I find QPQ's vote the scummiest, although I am not fond of opop's vote either.
Again.. the vibe I get from Goo, is that they are at least trying to be helpful. They’re posting thoughts, asking questions and doing things they view as useful. Which is a lot more than can be said about other players in the game. What of meaning has imgay contributed to this game? Where is Garth at?

At this point, I’ve not seen any deviation from how Goo normally plays. Until I see something like that, I don’t think that a Goo vote is the way to go.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Does the item change your take on that matter at all? Because it did for me.

I think reads based on posts/tone/examining motivations and such hold more merit than setup speculation. Basically all the stuff Merk said about how inventor is a null tell when the topic came up.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
@Roy, that's kind of how Pig plays in every game and it's not indicative of his alignment. I'm leaning towards town on him though.

Regarding goo, I definitely could see him as scum. His first mass post had some seriously weird stuff in it, like declaring KB town for no reason and the logic that if someone seems scummy to him they are probably town because he's bad at reads. Also content lurking by asking questions of players that have no relation to alignment (like why did you want to win the challenge)

I'd vote him today

OmegaGoo posted:

Trying to keep 16 different people's posts straight has been rather difficult.

Opop is seeming scummy to me for the same reason as in WIFOA... which means he could be town. I know for a fact my scumdar needs work, so as of right now that's a null-leaning-town there.

MMT is doing that thing that promotes discussion. Regardless of alignment, that's a pro-town thing. Null-leaning-town there.

I want my question to Roy answered. Nothing yet there.

KingB is town.

Considering my track record on betting, this might not be saying much, but I'll bet that one of Pmom or Keane is scum. Nothing solid there yet, so no vote from me yet.

TMM, aside from the glory, why did you want to win the challenge?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

@Roy, that's kind of how Pig plays in every game and it's not indicative of his alignment. I'm leaning towards town on him though.

Regarding goo, I definitely could see him as scum. His first mass post had some seriously weird stuff in it, like declaring KB town for no reason and the logic that if someone seems scummy to him they are probably town because he's bad at reads. Also content lurking by asking questions of players that have no relation to alignment (like why did you want to win the challenge)

I'd vote him today

I want to say I've played with CPig before, but if I had, it was years ago.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Can I get some opinions about my case on KB?

King Burgundy posted:

Just reread QPQ to see if I can figure out what is pinging me and I can't put my finger on it. But on reread, I still feel it very strongly.

##vote QuoProQuid

------

If I could explain it I would have. :shrug:

It's not like QPQ hasn't put out content to be analyzed - I don't see how KB could have read QPQ enough to get a "very strong" read but not be able to explain it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I think reads based on posts/tone/examining motivations and such hold more merit than setup speculation. Basically all the stuff Merk said about how inventor is a null tell when the topic came up.

I don't think you are wrong Re: Posts over set up spec, but I do know that she gave me a useful item and I do think that she has more in the tank. I'm reluctant.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Regarding AnonNarc's item claim and d1 prize, I too had considered whether the shield was just the prize

EXAKT Science posted:

AnonymousNarcotics has produced a shield from her bag of tricks and bestowed it on merk! Other players have ten minutes to attempt to ##challenge merk for this item!

but the flavour implied by the bag of tricks (my emphasis) makes me inclined to believe her, I don't think I have a bag of tricks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I don't think you are wrong Re: Posts over set up spec, but I do know that she gave me a useful item and I do think that she has more in the tank. I'm reluctant.

She gave Merk a useful item that you happened to win a challenge for, which is not exactly the same thing.

I'm starting to waver slightly on ANarc but don't like the vote on Goo (people are going along with too easily and there's no real opposition to it), which is why I'm bringing up KB. If not KB, I'd vote Ecco (as mentioned) or Opop (mainly gut).

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Opopanax posted:

This is the post that did it for me, really. It just seems to be a panicked mess of inconsistencies he spat out only because he had to

Yes, there was an inconsistency in there because I found a case I had not seen before. Apologies for missing it in the deadline blitz.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Can I get some opinions about my case on KB?

It's not like QPQ hasn't put out content to be analyzed - I don't see how KB could have read QPQ enough to get a "very strong" read but not be able to explain it.

I still gotta go over QPQ, but their attempt to call me out for not trying to win and just taking a key sits really poorly with me, especially when what they did was exactly the same, but worse since they got the item and then just walked off.

There are "high effort posts" but I gotta look at them again, because it could function as a smoke screen.

Like "see, try tried hard, must be town".

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

She gave Merk a useful item that you happened to win a challenge for, which is not exactly the same thing.

I'm starting to waver slightly on ANarc but don't like the vote on Goo (people are going along with too easily and there's no real opposition to it), which is why I'm bringing up KB. If not KB, I'd vote Ecco (as mentioned) or Opop (mainly gut).

I could be sold on KB.

What do you think about CapPig?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I think he bet on himself, since he cursed me for getting second place.

I hedged my bets and bet on you.

I lost the challenge and my bet. This time, instead of my reputation, I bet an item I started with.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Roydrowsy posted:

I still gotta go over QPQ, but their attempt to call me out for not trying to win and just taking a key sits really poorly with me, especially when what they did was exactly the same, but worse since they got the item and then just walked off.

There are "high effort posts" but I gotta look at them again, because it could function as a smoke screen.

Like "see, try tried hard, must be town".

That's fine, I'm not saying that QPQ is definitely town. My point is more that if KB actually thought QPQ was scum, even on a busy schedule, he would be able to give some sort of explanation as to what made him lean that way. Also

King Burgundy posted:

I finally see the problem. I understand now why we are talking past each other.

No. At no time did I think that you had provided "proof" that Keane wasn't actually apathetic. That wasn't the meaning I took from your post, but upon rereading I can see the issue. Yes, if I had focused on that part of your case, I would indeed have thought it was pretty dumb. My thought process was:

I think Keane is using this apathy thing as a way to remain disengaged in this game for scum reasons.

Wow Murmur, I can't believe someone actually agrees with me on this. I hadn't even thought about the Tournament part, that is even stronger.

I read the rest of the post, but obviously didn't give it the weight you were giving it, it was mostly filler for me. Whereas you seem to be saying the whole thrust of your post was the nonsensical "gotcha". That actually removes the conflict in what I thought you had written about voting me, since as it turns out, I certainly didn't read your case the way you meant it. My bad.

##unvote

I don't think the part that I bolded is something that someone would actually think.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mmt, you're saying that everyone is "going along with the goo case" but I see at least 3 separate cases on this page alone. What do you think of goo after seeing these cases and reading him yourself?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

What do you think about CapPig?

He called me wrong and dumb :mad: I'm null on CPig for now.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

As for why my posts seem wacky: what I'm doing is establishing information that exists, summarizing what I see, and making a declaration.

My early declarations were incredibly weak, yes. My first major post today established the yuming bandwagon was really weird, due to the nature of the vote explanations.

I stand by my declarations: QPQ's vote is shady, Opop's vote timing is suspect, and imgay is useless.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Mmt, you're saying that everyone is "going along with the goo case" but I see at least 3 separate cases on this page alone. What do you think of goo after seeing these cases and reading him yourself?

All the of cases on Goo seem to boil down to "he's not scumhunting very well", but I don't see anything that makes me think it's because he's scum.

Full disclosure: I may be influenced by the fact that I have scum reads on Opop and Ecco.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

All the of cases on Goo seem to boil down to "he's not scumhunting very well", but I don't see anything that makes me think it's because he's scum.

Full disclosure: I may be influenced by the fact that I have scum reads on Opop and Ecco.

opop's not scum, Ecco probably is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

opop's not scum, Ecco probably is.

Why isn't opop scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

drat. Is deadline really in 25 minutes? I have a bunch of nonsense to respond to from MMT but on my phone and still at work so I don't think I'll be able to do it properly.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Why isn't opop scum?

because merk told me in the scumdoc

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I need to head out - work ended 30 minutes ago and I have to leave to get ready for softball playoffs in an hour. I'll try and check back on my phone - assume I'll vote for any of the people I've mentioned as suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
MurmurTwin has consecutively thrown shade on merk, Ecco and KB but instead of sticking with any of them shuffles back to AnonNarc after nobody follows her.

##vote MurmurTwin

• Locked thread