Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
CCKeane is the winner of this challenge! As a reward for his proficiency with the pen, he wins, a Golden Sword, fashioned to look like a writer's quill.

But wait, there's more!

For winning the HUMOR category, Keane receives a Silver Sword shaped like a pencil

Ecco, for winning both the Creativity and Technical Prowess categories, you receive Two Silver Swords, both shaped like pencils.

Each of you may keep up to ONE of these swords. The other must be given away in-thread to a player of your choosing. If you so desire, you may give away the second as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I hereby ##give away one silver sword to birdstrike

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Someone should give me a silver pencil so I can kill someone. It'll be funny.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll keep the golden sword.

Who wants the second?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Who wants the second?

me~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hey Exakt can I give my other sword to ecco?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah this works.

I give PMom the silver sword.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

CCKeane posted:

Who wants the second?

Give it to Birdstrike.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

That works too I guess.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Give it to Birdstrike.

TOO LATE THE DEED IS DONE.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Birdstrike and Pinterest Mom have both received silver swords!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
keane we can give each other silver swords

:glomp:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

AnonymousNarcotics (3): Pinterest Mom, CCKeane, merk, EccoRaven, QuoProQuid, merk, Murmur Twin, merk, CCKeane, CCKeane, CCKeane, EccoRaven, merk
Pinterest Mom (2): Opopanax, CapitalistPig
imgay (1): OmegaGoo
Roydrowsy (1): merk
Murmur Twin (1): AnonymousNarcotics
OmegaGoo (1): merk, merk, CCKeane, merk, merk
QuoProQuid (1): Birdstrike
merk (0): imgay, imgay

Not Voting (5): EccoRaven, garthoneeye, imgay, King Burgundy, Roydrowsy

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 28th, 2015 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 56 minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

keane we can give each other silver swords

:glomp:

I already have an item.

I'm limited to two.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
no thank you

okay so who is scum

keane what's your case on goo again, sell it to me, pretending you are your evil twin and be a marketing master.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

no thank you

okay so who is scum

keane what's your case on goo again, sell it to me, pretending you are your evil twin and be a marketing master.

Goo consistently hedges his posts and has a tendency not to post meanjngful and direct statements.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Goo consistently hedges his posts and has a tendency not to post meanjngful and direct statements.

and you are not persuaded by my murmur case in the slightest?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

and you are not persuaded by my murmur case in the slightest?

I am, actually. It is a good case and I am leaning more on my gut here and , frankly, my confidence that MMT will trip herself up if she is scum.

Goo hasn't committed.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress I missed the challenge

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Can I also say I really enjoy that PMom gave ecco a 2/10.

I really want to see what his 1/10 would have been.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Goo hasn't committed.
I could see this.

Hm.

I am fine voting for:
- Goo
- Murmur, or
- Opop for the lurkervote.

Consider my vote on all three of them.

I am going to take a late nap (early sleep?) bbl

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
imgay has, once more, done nothing this game. Not even an illusion of content (which you're so dead set on me having created).

At this point, hindsight copping merk's case isn't going to do us any good. I have pointed out multiple times that Opop and QPQ had odd timings and reasonings for their votes. I also believe that the bandwagons (and the voting, in general) were much too clean for Anarc to be scum. The only one actively trying to divert pressure away from Anarc was Anarc herself, which makes sense if she's town.

The only cases on Anarc were the following:

yuming posted:

Anon has 28 posts and hasn't voted.

Look it's easy-- ##vote Anon

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think this post sufficiently proves Anarc is scum. I'm happy to be as invested in scum hunting as murmur is.

There are more posts that PMom made on the subject following that, which were basically "so fake scumhunting is good enough, hmmm?" (Directed at Anarc, of course).

How is this a case? I truly do not understand how this caused Anarc to be a frontrunner.

----

Oh. I found a better case:

garthoneeye posted:

ANarc"s posting is weird.
She attacks Imgay for shitposting which is Imgay's MO, but then seems to let him off the hook for his first semi-game related post.

When called out on it, she then tries to act as if she wasn't implying that Imgay had started to contribute.

I don't know how to feel about her post about Murmur.
She defends a terrible case and then tries to act as if the resulting posting about said case somehow validates her defence.

Which I'm pretty sure no one ever commented on. If they did, it was drowned out by PMom's sparklees. This one I can see.

----

Does imgay really do this every game? How the hell does he get a pass for this?

----

I still think Opop's vote yesterday is the most suspicious. His vote tied up the bandwagons and started the momentum for the blitz. He certainly hasn't done anything today to make me change my mind.

Opopanax posted:

I don't know there were like 200 posts when I came in after that so I didn't pay much attention

##vote opop

CCKeane posted:

I am, actually. It is a good case and I am leaning more on my gut here and , frankly, my confidence that MMT will trip herself up if she is scum.

Goo hasn't committed.

Happy?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is bullshit, I wrote up a case on Anon at the end of day one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

This is bullshit, I wrote up a case on Anon at the end of day one.

And it was a good case.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But of course, I liked Merk's case on Yuming too. ;)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Goo get in here and explain it.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I think reading Narco's post history will give a good and obvious overview of why a lot of people are voting her, but I will make a formal case: Similar to Goo, Narco is hedging and not making terribly many meaningful cases or points. Take this:

This is a hedged post. Narco gave herself an opening to agree with MMT's case and vote alongside it, but also back out. She doesn't call anybody scum, but instead "clears" MMT. Scum know who town are, and making town calls are very, very easy to do.

You see the same behavior here - a largely contentless post that avoids pressing anybody as scum.

Again, Narco calls somebody town while not providing meaningful content or cases. Narco agrees that making cases is helpful to town while not making a single case day one.

Note that she is not even calling PMom scum, but merely incorrect town.

Nacro is scum.

So I was getting hammered (verbally, not mechanically) by you during this time and missed this. It also came after no one was voting further on Anon, so I missed it in trying to wrap my head around the blitz on yuming.

You're right. That is a lot of town truisms, and is a much better case than anyone else has given on anyone.

I'm still quite certain opop is scum, but that's definitely convincing.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

OmegaGoo posted:

You're right. That is a lot of town truisms, and is a much better case than anyone else has given on anyone.

Which raises the question why no one switched their vote. I wasn't there, and clearly I'm an idiot, so that's my excuse.

KingB and TMM said they'd be fine with either and didn't switch (probably a momentum thing), even though 2 switching at that point would have been a huge momentum swing. QPQ disagreed due to a meta argument, which PMom shot down.

I stand by QPQ being suspicious, Opop being scum, but Anarc's looking better and better for a target.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Just reread QPQ to see if I can figure out what is pinging me and I can't put my finger on it. But on reread, I still feel it very strongly.

##vote QuoProQuid

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OmegaGoo posted:

Which raises the question why no one switched their vote. I wasn't there, and clearly I'm an idiot, so that's my excuse.

KingB and TMM said they'd be fine with either and didn't switch (probably a momentum thing), even though 2 switching at that point would have been a huge momentum swing. QPQ disagreed due to a meta argument, which PMom shot down.

I stand by QPQ being suspicious, Opop being scum, but Anarc's looking better and better for a target.

Yeah, it was mostly a momentum thing for me. I became equally fine with either vote, was already on Yuming and I believe at the time Yuming was still in the lead by 1? I was ready to flip tho.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

King Burgundy posted:

Just reread QPQ to see if I can figure out what is pinging me and I can't put my finger on it. But on reread, I still feel it very strongly.

##vote QuoProQuid

I just reread QPQ and get a town vibe there so I'm going to have to ask you to actually summarize (or fully explain) your gut read as best you can?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hey everyone sorry for being quiet, I've been sick today hope to be more chirpy tomorrow.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I just reread QPQ and get a town vibe there so I'm going to have to ask you to actually summarize (or fully explain) your gut read as best you can?

If I could explain it I would have. :shrug:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

King Burgundy posted:

But on reread, I still feel it very strongly.

You just reread him and feel very strongly, you can't throw out a sentence or two?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey guys deadline is today

##vote goo I agree with keane + gut.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

hey guys deadline is today

##vote goo I agree with keane + gut.

:frogout:

##vote Anon

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OmegaGoo posted:

:frogout:

##vote Anon

Did you claim yet?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Did Anarc win an item on day 1? Could the shield have been an item award from day 1 that Anarc used on day 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Not giving out an item on day 1 because you don't want to put yourself is ridiculous to me.

• Locked thread