Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

OmegaGoo posted:

Trying to keep 16 different people's posts straight has been rather difficult.

Opop is seeming scummy to me for the same reason as in WIFOA... which means he could be town. I know for a fact my scumdar needs work, so as of right now that's a null-leaning-town there.

MMT is doing that thing that promotes discussion. Regardless of alignment, that's a pro-town thing. Null-leaning-town there.

I want my question to Roy answered. Nothing yet there.

KingB is town.

Considering my track record on betting, this might not be saying much, but I'll bet that one of Pmom or Keane is scum. Nothing solid there yet, so no vote from me yet.

TMM, aside from the glory, why did you want to win the challenge?

This is a post that a scum would make. Nothing meaningful is said and everything is qualified heavily. The strongest statement is a declaration that KingB is town, which they immediately walked back when questioned.

OmegaGoo posted:

Can anyone be 100% sure?

My reasons are that his case against MMT is pretty good and founded in sane logic. To be fair, a followup look will be required. The main point is that King makes no sense as a D1 lynch.

Goo is also very defensive when I voted him:

OmegaGoo posted:

The other thing I'd like to clarify is that lynching people who are talking a lot on D1 doesn't sit well with me. Once again, regardless of alignment, a person who talks more is a hell of a lot more useful in long run than someone who doesn't talk at all. That is the main reason King should not be lynched (I also think he's town, but that's a different point).

And for the love of all that is good and moneymaking, Keane, explain that vote!

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

This is not a response that I would expect from a town player, particularly as I am currently the only vote on him. Yes, Goo is hated, but being -1 to being voted off is near meaningless day one.

OmegaGoo posted:

... Seriously? I'm not for OMGUSing, but you are seriously scummy man.

##vote Keane

They say that it isn't an OMGUS, but it clearly is. I would counter accusations that I voted without reason by pointing out that I voted Goo for the exact same reason that they claim to be voting me: that they think I am scummy.

In conclusion, I don't really care too much, vote me off, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

ANarc"s posting is weird.
She attacks Imgay for shitposting which is Imgay's MO, but then seems to let him off the hook for his first semi-game related post.

When called out on it, she then tries to act as if she wasn't implying that Imgay had started to contribute.

I don't know how to feel about her post about Murmur.
She defends a terrible case and then tries to act as if the resulting posting about said case somehow validates her defence.

Murmur is fine.

Narco isn't.

My ennui is okay I guess.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I won't because I'm not convinced that he is.

Pretty much this ##unvote

So you're not convinced that he is, but you seem pretty defensive of somebody voting him.

Baring in mind that, with my vote and his hated status, it would have taken 7 more votes to off him, why the concern? I just can't fathom caring about such a thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Hey Ecco I am now freaked out and I feel I am doing something wrong.

Well you quoted an ecco post, so now they get to eat your eyes, sorry about that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

drat I was just starting to love them.

Never love anything, that's my motto.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

So it takes someone other than me asking you to justify your vote to justify your vote? That's obnoxious and doesn't help anyone but yourself.

It irritates me that in one post you've basically tripled the content you've contributed.

As for the OMGUS, it sure as hell isn't one. You voted me without cause, refused to interact with anyone, then, when I asked you to explain yourself, proceeded to ignore me until asked by Birdstrike. You are scummy as gently caress.

I'd actually point out that my refusal generated further points against you, in provoking you into making the OMGUS vote and continued case, so yes it served a purpose further fermented my opinion of you as scum.

So far the case you are putting against me being scum is that I am scummy, and I will throw the same to you: explain your vote.

You also can't use anything that was posted after your vote, that would be justifying your vote after the fact, so my interactions with birdstrike are irrelevant.

Why am I scummy enough to vote?

Or don't, I'm not your mom, I'm not too invested.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Can I love the thrill of battle?

You can love whatever you want, I'm not your boss, I don't care what you do.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My phone autocorrected cemented into fermented, which I kind of like better.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You don't need to interact with somebody to say if they are scum or not, so those points all seem pretty silly. If I was amused by silly things I might chortle.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Goo you also never answered my question when I asked if you were scum, I imagine some people (not myself) would find that very upsetting.

Not even acknowledging somebody asking you a direct question, for shame.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

I'm not scum.

I actually do appreciate this, thank you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I have no idea. It doesn't strike me as scummy in itself, I just think that turning around at people and saying "ha ha you fell for my fake case" without knowing whether or not that case was correct or not is absurd.
At the time you posted you couldn't have evidence that Keane isn't scum. The exercise might have had value in showing who would follow bad cases, but it doesn't support any conclusions as to alignment.

Sorry that's wordier than I hoped I'm tired and about to sleep, be back in a few hours.

She doesn't need to know my alignment to show who is willing to follow a bad case. You can also get information based on this by building relationships independent of meaningful persuasion.

Or something like that, I don't know.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

A major component of day one is forcing content and forcing opinions, so that was accomplished at least.

Overall I liked the move.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

l

Gotcha! I knew you had a heart in there.

I have the heart of a child.

I keep it in my desk at home.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Wouldn't be opposed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also who is new this game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I haven't seen this Merk guy before but other than him, who is new?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

2) My logic is inconsistent, but goes something like this: "My read on this guy is X, but I'm terrible at reading, so I must be wrong. Therefore, they are actually Y." Again, that logic has been used inconsistently without me noticing until now.

Can you explain this a bit more? It is pretty confusing, and I tend to quickly lose interest in things I find confusing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

Your vote on Keane wasn't necessarily bad. Your defense of the vote was bad since you brought up his not giving his reasoning after he gave his reasoning.

Not explaining your vote to the person you're voting for makes sense because if they are scum, you aren't letting them know how to avoid more suspicion.

Whoa what? You called me out for this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

A Story of the Game:

Tbf, you are scum IRL.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

Right, but then you explained your vote.

His defense made no mention of your subsequent explanation.

But I thought you said I didn't have to explain my vote, because that would tip off scum as to how they are acting scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

I was asked to "explain my vote using information that occurred before I made my vote". While my explanation occurred after his explanation, his explanation occurred after my vote.

Goo is correct in this interpretation.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

Because during the slapfight, you said even less than you're saying to me now in more posts. How do you even do that?

Again, this is not a scumread. This is a "possibly not town" read.

This is continuing the trend I highlighted before of Goo qualifying his reads and walking them back.

Note his read on PMom isn't scum, but "not town"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

To be fair, he has said he doesn't trust his scum reads so he instead talks about people he isn't sure are town.

Regardless, it speaks of the same reason I am voting him, continued qualifications in statements and walking them back. Saying you don't trust your scum reads is also performing the same action, it is setting yourself up as merely confused and mistaken once your target flips town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm not seeing Opop at all, frankly.

I'm sticking to my guns with Goo, but I would be okay with Anarc, Ecco, Garth or TMMadness.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

What do you think of Ecco's vote along with your casing citing "I'm being Decisive" ?

Ecco isn't providing any actual insight and is leaning on the cases and reads that other people are providing. It's not a good look.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Plus you realize you can't actually vote me right?

I don't care!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

Anon has 28 posts and hasn't voted.

Look it's easy-- ##vote Anon

I'm okay with this.

I won't be around too much at deadline (can't be bothered) so unless y'all are convinced I am right I will shift to Narco.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

Like this is legit one of the best d1 reads I've had lately. I was hoping she would've posted more scummy stuff I could expand my case with but she hasn't so you should look at what she's done ok thanks.

With you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Narco

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

yuming in the space of three hours went from having "a draft on Ecco" to all aboard AnonNarc, and not that close to deadline.

CPig's vote seems opportunistic, I think there are scum on both wagons and my guess is that he is the scum on yuming.

I think you could be right.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look we have an hour and a half.

Who is about?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I am about to go to bed.

Don't you mean

"I AM ABOUT TO GO TO BED BROTHER"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Acceptable, Merk.

Acceptable.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Okay I am here now. It's kind of insane how much pmom is tunneling me. He's not even making cases, he's making sparklees.

Are you saying that you think PMom is scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I am about to go to bed.

Merk are you still around?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm 100% behind a nacro vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think reading Narco's post history will give a good and obvious overview of why a lot of people are voting her, but I will make a formal case: Similar to Goo, Narco is hedging and not making terribly many meaningful cases or points. Take this:

I don't see what's wrong with MMTs casing of keane. It's not a rock solid case but we don't have much to go on day 1. I don't agree with it, but i also don't think she's scum at this point. She seems to be the only person actually scum hunting.

This is a hedged post. Narco gave herself an opening to agree with MMT's case and vote alongside it, but also back out. She doesn't call anybody scum, but instead "clears" MMT. Scum know who town are, and making town calls are very, very easy to do.

Oh ok the way you said it sounded like maybe you had some *extra knowledge*. I really don't get what you see in him or anyone that excuses them from today's lynch. I don't know who is scum but I wouldn't discount anyone at this point. Too early.

You see the same behavior here - a largely contentless post that avoids pressing anybody as scum.

Hey, when everyone else is shitposting, one person making a case, no matter how fake or dumb it was, is scum hunting. She kick started the game basically. All I said was that she felt town to me for actually trying to play the game while the rest of us jerked around.

Again, Narco calls somebody town while not providing meaningful content or cases. Narco agrees that making cases is helpful to town while not making a single case day one.

No I'm saying that his case on me is wrong and bad and he should probably look at some other people instead of just yelling my name over and over.

Note that she is not even calling PMom scum, but merely incorrect town.

Nacro is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh wait I forgot I wasn't supposed to care.

*sighs for 45 straight seconds*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Narco can you case two or three people quickly? Just gut calls are fine.

• Locked thread