Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

WELL YOU KNOW SOMETHING MEAN GENE

EVER SINCE 2+2 WHEN I WON THE FIRST BATTLE WITH ALL MY LITTLE MERKSTERS

IT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE WAR

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TWO PEOPLE SO CLOSE AS YOUA ND I MAN

LIKE BLOOD BROTHERS

I CANT BELIEVE THAT YOU SOLD ME OUT MAN

SUCH JEALOUSY

WELL LOOK AROUND

I SEE SOME CONFUSED PEOPLE

SOME OF YOUR PEOPLE MAN

THE ONES THAT ARENT MERKAMANIACS

THOSE PEOPLE ARE GONNA LAY IT OUT STRAIGHT FOR YOU

STRAIGHT TALK

GOD CREATED HEAVEN GOD CREATED MERKAMANIACS AND THEN GOD CREATED THESE 24" PYTHONS

AND THE REASON FOR IT IS TO STRAIGHTEN PEOPLE UP LIKE YOU OPOPANAX

PEOPLE WHO CANT GET THEIR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT

CANT UNDERSTAND WHO THE BOSS MAN IS MAN

YOUR TIME IS NOW MR OPOPANAX

IM THE OLD BATTERED DOWN BROKEN DOWN MERKSTER

IM GONNA SMOKE RIGHT BY YOU OPOPANAX

BUT YOU REMEMBER ONE THING DUDE

YOURE AN OLD DOG THAT CANT EVEN WAG ITS OWN TAIL

YOU ARENT GOING TO BEAT ME

YOUR TIME IS NOW MR OPOPANAX

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

QuoProQuid posted:

wow

golly

sooooooo coooooool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4DV5sOyQO8

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I have never been entertained.

Not once.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING MACHO MAN? YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP THE MERKANIACS FROM COMING TO TOWB BUT WERE HERE BROTHER

WE ARE HERE

##vote opo

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
LISTEN BROTHER

A VOTE FOR THE MERKSTER IS A VOTE FOR YOUR PAIN

*stares into camera*

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

garthoneeye posted:

This is my second game of forum Mafia. I've played a fair bit of IRL werewolf.

WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY WOLFY BROTHER

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT THE MANIA, MEAN GENE. WHEN I PRESSED TOP TIER TOM OVER MY HEAD IN A STADIUM WITH AT LEAST 50 PEOPLE WATCHING I KNEW I WOULD LIVE ON FOREVER IN THE MERKAMANIACS

I HAVE TO ASK YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE? WHATS THIS YUMING SMOKING OVER HERE?

yuming posted:

Murmurs case is scummy still reading.

yuming posted:

Murmur just did the same thing as scum in the last game we played and that makes me suspicious.

WHERE IS HER VOTE BROTHER? THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE TIME THEATRICS LOOKS LIKE A HEEL TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO TURN OR A HEEL DISTANCING FROM A HEEL BROTHER
-----------------

yuming posted:

Ecco is also giving me ~vibes~

I'm gonna ##vote Ecco because of the feeling her posts give me.

yuming posted:

Does anyone else think Ecco is scummy? Take a look please.

WHAT DOES SHE WANT THE GAME TO LOOK AT BROTHER? SHE CANT FIND A WAY TO GET INTO THE GAME AND PIN HER OWN HEEL?

------------------

yuming posted:

I have a draft on Ecco but gtg now bbl~

yuming posted:

Anon has 28 posts and hasn't voted.

Look it's easy-- ##vote Anon

yuming posted:

The top two reasons she gives are the same reasons I was initially suspicious of Ecco.

She voted Goo based on Keane's case, and now is back on Opop.

Overall the impression I have of her posting:
- Throwing her vote around. She's in the challenge and complains about how it was modded. // Ecco is around but not advancing scum hunting.
- The votes she has made are easy. Omega specifically looks like an easy scum target to me: add pressure to a hated player and they could end up the only option if not enough people are around at deadline.
- ~bad feelings~

Would also vote here, obviously.

YOU HAVE A DRAFT OF A CASE ON ECCO BUT CANT MAKE IT BECAUSE OF TIME? COME ON BROTHER. THE CASE YOU END UP MAKING COULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN TWO MINUTES

THIS IS A HEEL TRYING TO GET THE FANS TO TURN ON A WRESTLER ONLY TO COME IN AND PILE ON IF THE PILING ON IS PILING ON-ABLE, BROTHER. MEAN GENE.

##vote yuming

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
LISTEN BROTHERS

THE MERKAMANIA CANT BE IGNORED

TAKE THE MIC

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am about to go to bed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I am about to go to bed BROTHER

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

##vote merk Sorry, can't deal with a racist in this tournament.

Yeah, pretty rough news for the Hulkster. Guess I'm dropping the PR.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will probably vote Anarc.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Anarc

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote OmegaGoo

You seem pretty certain Anarc is town for no reason I can discern.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
OmegaGoo also irked me earlier today when he said the Yuming case was weak after the fact without analyzing how that statement advances scum hunting discussion today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OmegaGoo posted:

Roy isn't the only one who got an item. Everyone who had a key at the end, including TMM, got an item. Keep that in mind.

--------

So for the yuming bandwagon:

Merk had his case.

The next three votes were "I agree with this case, and will vote yuming."

The next three were "Well, it's either yuming or narc, and I think yuming is scummier."

QPQ trusted merk's gut.

Narc and Garth hammered.

Merk seemed to be the only one to actually put any thought into that case. I thought it was a pretty weak case.

MMT was not on the bandwagon, but had she been here around the deadline, I believe she would have voted for yuming, so consider her on the bandwagon.

Based on what we see here, I find QPQ's vote the scummiest, although I am not fond of opop's vote either.

This post. If you thought it was a weak case where were you yesterday trying to get us to lynch someone else? What does the weak case say about alignment? How can you say QPQ made the scummiest vote and then not vote him?

This dude isn't scum hunting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't see what use a scum inventor would be since if they gave items to scum buddies it would be really obvious. Shrug.

##bestow shield on merk

I've seen Scum Inventors many times.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

he made a really bad case on yuming that ended up being wrong.

What was wrong with the yuming case? You were around yesterday when I made the yuming case. Why didn't you pick it apart if it was 'really bad?'

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I agree with this. Personally I have no read on merk atm.

You didn't even comment on the yuming case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
People who said the yuming case was 'pretty weak' or 'really bad' who didn't comment on the yuming case as it was gaining votes:
OmegaGoo
Pinterest Mom
CCKeane

I am lynching one of these people today. OmegaGoo feels the best right now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think it is incredibly more scummy to play hindsight cop on the d1 lynch when you were here to actually persuade people to vote who you want to vote than anything Narc has done. I was really only voting Narc because I thought the post-me-going-to-bed stuff looked scummy, but I think what you, PinMom, and OmegaGoo are doing now is above that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Oh merk, dear.

You're scum, aren't you?

So you think OmegaGoo and PinMom are town? I don't understand this comment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

You pull this pretty frequently when you are scum, where as soon as somebody challenges you you try to flip it around on them.

Anon and Goo are worse, but this is nonsense and you know it.

What is nonsense about it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No. Not only am I not the most townie person in the game (and I don't know who is), I don't play like that. I find scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

It's nonsense because yeah, we're all looking back in hindsight, but your case was bad because you leaned on gut and yuming was town. If yuming was scum, well then it'd have been a good case, but she wasn't.

Anon calling you town despite your one notable case being off base is bananas.

You called the case really bad. If it was really bad, where were you to point out its flaws? Why did that case win the day over Narc? If it was really bad why aren't you analyzing the players that supported it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't want the shield. Keane I will pick evens and submit the number 1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

I disagree. What's he going to do, publically lie to you and hang on to the item while he's got some heat on him?

I definitely thought about it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Narc

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
^^Narc's recent posts have a ton that feels off, so my vote is going back.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

Merk: Can you explain the evolution of your reads on Keane/PMom specifically? Also what about Narc's posts caused your switch from #2 to #3?

Everything I want to say is already in the thread. That sounds snarky, but it isn't meant to be. I don't have anything to save over what I've already said.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will add that Narc's posts have a constructed tone to them. The two yuming empty quoted at end of day yesterday jump out, for example, and the most recent set of posts do the same. A Narc post doesn't fit the flow of the thread... I have to stop and read them slower, if that makes any sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To clear something up, I asked to be a secret player in the game when I signed up because I wanted to do a Hulk Hogan entrance. I don't think my role has anything to do with that request.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't agree that a public inventor is a townie role and am a bit concerned that someone with as much creativity in setup design as Ecco is relying upon that assumption. A public scum inventor has the same exact concerns as private scum inventor: items that don't do what they say they do, items that have negative effects, etc. I don't see why Anarc's claim has anything to do with Anarc's alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why didn't Anarc give out an item on day 1?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

I mean if like tomorrow Keane posts "oh yeah the shield tried to eat me" or something Anon is an obvious vote, but as long as it's explicitly a "pro-town" item then it's really, really weird that it'd be public and also scum. proving its power means hurting the scumteam, and I try to avoid designing setups where scum have to hurt their own team by using their role. the biggest exception to that was Somber's daykill power in Arrentia but that's the only exception, and it was an extreme one.

Option 1:
Item says it will protect Keane from a night kill.
Item does not protect Keane from a night kill.

Option 2:
Item says that it will Roleblock someone.
Item only Roleblocks town, unsuccessful on scum.

Option 3:
Item says that you don't know what it will do.
Item tells your role to scum.

That took ten seconds of thinking. What the hell, Ecco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll back off of my argument because Keane said that the item doesn't make any sense as scum. Ecco, your analysis of this is really suspect though. We wouldn't know whether the item didn't do what Keane thought it did unless Keane told us what it said it would do and somehow we found out it didn't do that thing. That's the point I'm making. Your assumption that we would immediately lynch Narc if Keane died requires that we know what Keane was told the item would do X, he used it at night, and it failed to do X. We wouldn't have that information. If we did, the scum could play around it anyhow.

• Locked thread