Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

One's first experience should probably be as vanilla as possible, so this seems like a good game for me to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Got my PM, ready to play.
I am voting for uranus because his avatar bothers me.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

my dear gentle homestuck garbage person irredeemable jackass big dumbo new friend - if you wanna vote you gotta do it like this:

##vote Uranus

because there is our mighty robot friend Votefinder that actually reads the game and parses our votes

Thank you for the explanation!I am going to ignore your veiled insults because I am the bigger man This is my first game, as you might have noticed.

##vote Uranus

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

Look at this flip flopping. If I wasn't trying to make baseless accusations and throw shade on people, I'd vote for this!

That is actually a very valid point. What made you change your mind, my good pal?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

checking votefinder is :effort:, so just tell me: who among y'all are new?

I am new too!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

AW, I missed the paranoia and wild accusations? What a shame,
## vote Jake

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Wait I think I wrote that wrong
##vote Jake

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It is clear Now that uranus isn't going to get lynched, and I like Hazdoc's reasoning and don't want him to get hanged, so I am voting for someone else that I think has already a bunch of votes.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

uhhhhhhhhhh...

Your reaction tells me that I have picked someone who doesn't actually have votes. Darn it. I'll recount and decide.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

## vote Kashuno

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

At the beginning of the OP is a votecount! That's why we do the weird syntax thing, we have a website that counts them and puts them together.

That's some useful information, thank you!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Here's my motivation: I like Hazdoc's reasoning and want him to survive. The way I feel there is the best chance of achieving this is to send someone else to the chopping block, since he has almost the majority of votes up until now. This is the limit of my ability as a Mafia player up until now.

I am sorry Kashuno, but you might be sacrificed at the altar of my incompetence.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Can someone explain to me what does OMGUS mean

Look Under The Rock posted:

Yeah and I'm probably not gonna be around much today as Wednesday is my heavy class day. I'll catch up on the thread but don't expect much as I've got a statistics test at 7 and need to read all the material we didn't cover in class for some reason.

Good luck with your test!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I can't stand pure coffee, I prefer cappucino.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I am going to bed, vote well in the meantime

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

ANY PERSON WHO HAS PLAYED THREE GAMES OR LESS ON THESE FORUMS PLEASE QUOTE THIS LINE.

That way I've got an easy way to newbie clause you.

I know what it's like to juggle exams, man. Keep your chin up.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

## unvote for now. I'll need to think this through.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

paradoxGentlemen should come back and post more!

Aww, did you miss me? Or more likely are trying to understand if you want me on the chopping block or not.

My impression (and remember, I am a newbie) is that either you or Hazdoc are scum, and you make a compelling case that it is Hazdoc, who is reacting exactly like you'll expect a cornerered mafioso to act. The implication is that if we kill either of you and it turns out that the condemned was town, we would be' strongly motivated to condemn the other.

What worries me though are all the people who are not posting as much; if one of them is scum then the odds of locating them are low.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

And yeah, lurkers are bad, which is why lynching them is good. The easiest way for scum to blend in is to simply not post anything that could be used against them, IE: Not posting at all.

So what, should we just start voting them, hoping to flush them out and force them to make their cases?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

There is the possibility that there is no doc to protect him.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

## vote Epsilon

May I ask why people are suspicious of Hiipfire in particular?

EXAKT Science posted:

Please give me some alignment reads on anyone you're more than 50% on. I want to hear what you have to think, a bit more specifically, about any players in the game.

Here goes:
The case against Hazdoc has been made by multiple people who are probably feeling rather silly now; if it turns out that this is a desperate gamble to keep himself alive, he's not going to survive the next day. But still.

You're also sort of suspect, EXAKT, given that weird switcheroo you did regarding LUTR.

Then there's all the lurkers who continue to post very little, which worry me greatly.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

2 goons in 2 days, man are we on a roll or what

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The "hazdoc threw a fellow mafia goon under the bus to look innocent" seems pretty solid given that he hasn't been killed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

But isn't this supposed to be super vanilla? So why keep the doc?
Frankly I was surprised to know we even had a cop amonst us, assuming he really is a cop.

• Locked thread