Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mob Boss's Daughter and Her Caretaker updated - https://mangadex.org/title/33887/kumichou-musume-to-sewagakari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapters:
T-Sensei

100 Days

Middle-Aged Adventurer

Flat - I haven't mentioned this one in a long time because scans seemed to be dead but looks like a new group picked it up and it's been updating again. This is a big-brother type more than a dad manga and I need to re-read it tbh because I don't remember a whole lot about it other than the guy being awkward around the kid and both of them slowly warming up to each other.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 18, 2020

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
A Country without Humans

It's another golem-dad.

Unfortunately the scanlator is only doing the first chapter in the hope someone else will pick it up :rip:
The authors other works have been, I hope this is as well.

quote:

An eerie, but somehow quiet town...

Shii wakes up in a world where humans have disappeared and machinery is all that's left.
While running away from the mysterious "cone heads", she encounters a golem, "Bulb".

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Interesting bit of worldbuilding in that with all the automated processes continuing even though there's nobody left to consume them. Hopefully it'll get some interest and someone will continue working on it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Middle-Aged Adventurer got a couple more updates
I'm glad Dario isn't dead :ohdear: got kinda worried there for a while lol. I like that the little bird guardian thing isn't (so far) very obtrusive; I had wondered a bit if it was going to be like some kind of annoying gag character talking pet but so far it just sits on her being quietly cute :3:

what's up with Alan tho????
wondering if this is spell backlash from the curse being broken (maybe it kicked back on him) or was it something like I saw speculated in a comment, that the curse was a way for him to siphon power off of Douglas and without it he's wasting away. Looking forward to finding out what his deal is.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't want to spoil anything by posting panels but the new Peerless Dad chapter was good

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't want to spoil anything by posting panels but the new Peerless Dad chapter was good

Mountain hobo is either super evil or genuinely nice and there can be no middle ground

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that whole exchange had me rolling

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That was loving hilarious

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Since this site might bite the dust soon, is there a compiled list of what manga to follow up on?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would just assume folks are keeping track of that on their own via wherever they typically read manga, since most of them let you follow titles provided you have an account (or they just have 8000 tabs open all the time like barbarians)

However I'm available on discord if folks want recommendations or reminders about things that have been posted in here at one point or another if the site crashes and burns completely. I'll turn PMs on so if anyone wants my ID they can ask, and I'm in one of the unofficial discords so I'm not terribly hard to find.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Everything Burrito posted:

I would just assume folks are keeping track of that on their own via wherever they typically read manga, since most of them let you follow titles provided you have an account (or they just have 8000 tabs open all the time like barbarians)

However I'm available on discord if folks want recommendations or reminders about things that have been posted in here at one point or another if the site crashes and burns completely. I'll turn PMs on so if anyone wants my ID they can ask, and I'm in one of the unofficial discords so I'm not terribly hard to find.

I do both of those. :D

It's just nice to have a good compiled list just in case you missed something.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I agree, and Discord is pretty terrible for sharing that kind of stuff so I do hope that however things shake out, we retain some place to be able to make long-form posts like we have now. I thought about trying to go through all my thread OPs and save that stuff but I don't know where or how I'd repost it so I didn't bother.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I mainly lurk but I've had so many great recommendations from you and other posters on here and I always appreciate the effort people make in writing them up.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Is there an SA Manga discord? I only have the Anime chat one, and I really like talking to folks about manga here.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Red Bones posted:

Is there an SA Manga discord? I only have the Anime chat one, and I really like talking to folks about manga here.

Nothing exclusively for manga or set up in a structured way at the moment that I'm aware of.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The ADTRW discord does at least have a few manga-specific sections, including dad mangas, at least https://discord.gg/9vpEZY

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

rannum posted:

The ADTRW discord does at least have a few manga-specific sections, including dad mangas, at least https://discord.gg/9vpEZY

Is this the one started by Cuntellectual.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's finally here...

there's one more (extra) chapter after this tho

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
and the 100 Days!! epilogue

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Found a cute one :3:

Boku no Yome no Ranbou na Aijyo
it's another semi-autobiographical one about a family from the dad's POV. The chapters are 1-2 pages and it gets pretty funny once it gets going. Unfortunately it's just the one volume and it didn't sound like the person translating it was going to keep going with the pixiv content so it's a short one!

some samples:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 25, 2020

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
after two years, Chichikogusa got a new chapter!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Another one that's been a long time in updating, the final chapter of
Kekkon shite mo Koi shiteru
finally got posted :3: It was a very sweet way to wrap up.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
whoa someone started updating Hisohiso - Silent Voice again.

Since it's been a while: this one is a slice of life with light supernatural elements with a high school boy who meets an elementary school kid and they bond over having the same power to talk to objects and he ends up in kind of a big brother role as he gets closer to the whole family.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new Chichikogusa chapter

I don't really remember all the details behind this marriage meeting thing; had considered re-reading from the beginning since this one had such a long gap between updates but thought nah I more or less remember who everyone is then got into it and no, actually, I don't remember who everyone is lol.

I'm sort of torn on how I feel about the scenario: on one hand I really like Tora's loyalty to Shiori and kinda don't want him to betray that, especially if he's being pressured into it which I think he is? but on the other hand it's...not really that healthy to cling to a deceased spouse and moving on might be a better move for him and Shirou (even if it's not with this lady). I wish I could remember if there was something shady or not behind the deal with his father in law which is kinda why I want to re-read.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It hasn't really come up here, but the Teasing Master Takagi-san follow-up has always been cute, but this page in particular is really good.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol

I wasn't very interested in the original comic that one is a spinoff of but have thought about reading that one, just wasn't sure if it was the sort of thing you needed to read the first one for or not.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Nah. All you need to know is the really surface stuff. Nishikata and Takagi genuinely love each other, but Takagi likes to tease Nishikata who falls for it really easily, usually because he tries to turn it around on her only for it to backfire. The only plot point from the original that matters is that Nishikata started doing extra exercising whenever he fell for a prank as a kid, and while he stopped doing that specifically he did keep up doing extra exercise in general so he's very fit. There are some appearances from other classmates that you might not immediately get, but they're uncommon and there's no overarching plot that requires you to know who they are.

It is similar in that Nishikata gets teased by Takagi almost every chapter, and he still usually fails to get Takagi, so if that was a part of why you bounced off the main set it's still in this one. However, their daughter Chi gets teased by both of them nearly as much and that might help. Another part that might help is that they're very much not antagonistic pranks, much more along the lines of the light-hearted teasing of a very close family.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
great to know -- also even if I don't read it hopefully other folks will check it out :3:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I can't get into the adult version because the dude looks exactly like he does as a 10-year-old and it weirds me out

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The teasing sounding like it's very one-sided in its effectiveness is still largely what has me uninterested in the original. For comparison with a similar concept, I only started liking after Nagatoro after it got to where despite being the one starting poo poo it tends to backfire on her just as much.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Papa's Cooking (oneshot)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Was re-reading Peerless Dad since the current arc is mercifully almost over. And something I'd never thought about just clicked when I got to This chapter specifically this page.

Because while masked killers aren't exactly rare in this story we've specifically seen Black Silkmoth here before. Waaaaaaaaay back in chapter 9

See that little girl? We already knew that "brother" Jeon Myu is actually Yeo Ssang Hwa; but it never registered to me that she's been in the story before as more than a person Noh meets while out shopping.

She even wears her hair much in the same way she did as a child and the ages match up as she's only 20 so she would have been 10-12 during the events of chapter 9. So yeah, renewed my interest in whatever her marriage proposal for Noh will entail because she can bring up this event to maybe persuade him. :shrug:

Also the current arc decided to bring back the man who defeated Noh in the past. While I'm not exactly happy with how Noh handled the Metal God alongside the sword clan, he's been digging himself out of that hole and there's really nothing left stopping him from getting away with it.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 17, 2020

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ah yeah I had kinda figured the stuff back then was when she set her sights on him :3:

I'm pretty ready for this arc to be over as well, not in the least because that metal dude was super gross to look at so good riddance there. It's neat how a lot of that seemingly random stuff from early on tying back in though. It's funny that his whole perception of the Murim being so overwhelmingly powerful is just that the first one he ran into was like, one of the supreme top tier guys (wasn't that set up by his master as well? to keep him out of trouble more or less? I can't really remember at this point).

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I loved the gross metal dude's design. It's not often you get someone looking like that in a manwa...now I wanna find one with a protagonist that ugly.

I'm ready for this arc to be over because I'm much more interested in the romance, though.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Brought To You By posted:

Was re-reading Peerless Dad since the current arc is mercifully almost over. And something I'd never thought about just clicked when I got to This chapter specifically this page.

Because while masked killers aren't exactly rare in this story we've specifically seen Black Silkmoth here before. Waaaaaaaaay back in chapter 9

See that little girl? We already knew that "brother" Jeon Myu is actually Yeo Ssang Hwa; but it never registered to me that she's been in the story before as more than a person Noh meets while out shopping.

She even wears her hair much in the same way she did as a child and the ages match up as she's only 20 so she would have been 10-12 during the events of chapter 9. So yeah, renewed my interest in whatever her marriage proposal for Noh will entail because she can bring up this event to maybe persuade him. :shrug:

Also the current arc decided to bring back the man who defeated Noh in the past. While I'm not exactly happy with how Noh handled the Metal God alongside the sword clan, he's been digging himself out of that hole and there's really nothing left stopping him from getting away with it.

She shows up a couple of times. I think it's chapter 29 when she finds out where Noh lives leading to her joining the corp.

Gross Metal Hobo is fine, the arc needs to wrap up cause he's been away from his kids to long.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Getting more context for what Noh is missing and where Mo came from (especially since it seems he left before the bloodless duo disappeared) is what in part, prompted a full re-read for me because I'd honestly been skimming chapters as of recent. The succession politics also had enough people involved I wanted to see how far back the ripples could be felt. Related to that is the Sky Dragon saying that she wants to go into retirement; could be 4D chess against the Heavenly Dragon because he's clearly up to something, could also be related to her concerns about Noh's heritage with the Metal Clan.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new S-Rank Daughter
in case anyone else was VERY CONCERNED after the last chapter like I was Dad's fine

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Two fantasy series about fantasy dads.

Hone Dragon no Mana Musume. The story of an orphan raised in the forest by a dragon that discovered her as a youth. Upon his passing she finds a novel solution to handling the situation [spoiler]teaching herself magic and resurrecting him[/url]. Two chapter but it's very cute.

My Devil Is Such an Angel It Hurts. using the tried and true hero/demon king backdrop. The daughter of the former demon king winds up being raised by the hero that killed her. To avoid troubling the girl the hero adopts the identity of 'The Dark Knight Jade' and goes to the task of raising and protecting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh neat this one got licensed
https://twitter.com/kaitenbooks/status/1337488331471384576?s=20