Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
For one the way you are handling it wastes an entire day of scum hunting, for 2, I am not scum, and for 3 you are scum so stop talking scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
kleedrac do you have any opinions on the game or is this going to be your day 1?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Hold on, let me do this right...

and...

:rolleyes::

There we go.

Apostate, your vote is a thinly veiled omgus vote, hidden behind your grossly exaggerated dislike of my meta reasoning for not voting Kleedrac.

Jake is delusional for thinking I would blatantly defend a scumbro. Bus them early and often, that's my motto.

For those of you playing at home, here's the truncated version:

Jake: :shrek: Hey I'm a survivor what's up
Kleedrac: :reject: NM, also we can't trust you, ##vote Jake
Jake: :shrek: Lol, seriously? ##vote Kleedrac
Apostate: :goonsay: Yeah, seriously? ##vote Kleedrac
WWM: :objection: Bad vote, also Kleedrac is a heat magnet ##vote Apostate
Jake and Apostate, in harmony: :shrek: "SCUMBROS" :holiday:

Also leaning more scum on WWM after this post. Who puts this much effort into defending a player without making an alignment call? I am actually leaning harder on WWM scum than kleedrac, but its prolly really both of them

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

hidden behind your grossly exaggerated dislike of my meta reasoning for not voting Kleedrac.

like look at this lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
good morning

":words:"

:eyepop:

##vote wwm

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I love how wwm says I'm just following Jake's lead when I was the first one to vote for him :allears:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

It's almost like two people can come to similar conclusions independently!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Tbf I didn't know that this game usually has a survivor role in it. Mithross' explanation was actually really helpful.

also yeah this, jake makes more sense now that i know this is a typical thing

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

apostateCourier posted:

I love how wwm says I'm just following Jake's lead when I was the first one to vote for him :allears:

Nah, all you've done is prove you'll put your vote anywhere :) Though at least your omgus reason is a reason, Punt and Kumba don't have anything behind their votes.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Nah, all you've done is prove you'll put your vote anywhere :) Though at least your omgus reason is a reason, Punt and Kumba don't have anything behind their votes.

The vote isn't omgus no matter how many times you say it. It's because of your weirdly dedicated defense of another player.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

This is what scum says when they know they're boned

##vote WWM

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote wwm

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

They win with whoever right? Like am I missing something here? Why wouldn't we kill the guy who's not on our team?

How does lynching the claimed survivor help us win the game?

Said another way, every non-scum player that dies gets the remaining scum team closer to winning. You're effectively giving scum a free night kill.

If you believe Jake to be scum or a serial killer instead, that's one thing. But deciding that you believe his claim AND that he should be the lynch is choosing to avoid scum hunting and is acting against the best interest of town, IMO. It's a waste of a lynch if he is telling the truth because we are giving up the major tool we have to fight scum for ~policy reasons~.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Saying we don't have any reasoning behind our votes doesn't make it so and your lack of curiosity about it speaks volumes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
bowmore has been replaced by POISON MUSHROOM

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also I'm churchposting, can someone tell me how close I am to the 25 posts? tia

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
I'm a loving daycop. Kleedrac is town, I investigated him because he's always scummy. It's a 1-shot, but if I get the 3rd Mona Lisa it becomes permanent.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The timeline has been changed!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I'm a loving daycop. Kleedrac is town, I investigated him because he's always scummy. It's a 1-shot, but if I get the 3rd Mona Lisa it becomes permanent.

daycop usually a public action

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##unvote ill unvote for now though i guess begrudgingly,
CL does that sound in line with your need for mona lisas?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also since 25 posts seems to be too much for people I will relax it.

I just threw out an arbitraty number since given the nature of this game My posts + Votefinder will end up being higher than normal.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
but I would be surprised if CPig had private day actions, all day actions are usually public

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Let me fix Lincoln hang on

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Does WMMs thing about gaining stronger powers when he completes his goal sound in line with anyone else, without revealing too much about your powers or anything. I want to know if there is any legitimacy to his claim

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JakeP posted:

Does WMMs thing about gaining stronger powers when he completes his goal sound in line with anyone else, without revealing too much about your powers or anything. I want to know if there is any legitimacy to his claim

I don't get any powers before I complete my objectives

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

I don't get any powers before I complete my objectives

interesting.

Well at this point my thoughts are WMM is scum, and Kleedrac is likely town, because for scum to double down like this to protect each other would be insane, but really based on how messy this whole thing has gotten, I could see that even

The claim at -4 or -5 was def a bit early, and the day cop claim is super super questionable.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The timeline was partially restored!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

You're welcome.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

##unvote ill unvote for now though i guess begrudgingly,
CL does that sound in line with your need for mona lisas?

Nah I need one Mona Lisa plus two others to get a 1 shot power

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote wwm

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I want to be clear: there isn't a "typical" survivor in Chrononauts, there is just a character who can win if the timeline is paradox'd out (because he owns a storefront outside of time.) I had anticipated him being the survivor.

That said, Squa Tront makes some sense, if you look up the reference. And it's obscure enough to make it less likely he's faking that part, at least.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

##vote WMM

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

apostateCourier posted:

You're welcome.

You couldn't have someone drawn and used a patch you don't have, instead of just flipping him? Psh, that's just lazy.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The timeline has changed!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't believe WWM's claim, and I think he's scummy. But I see no reason to push for his vote today. It doesn't hurt us to look elsewhere for the day in case he's telling the truth. Would suck to lose a cop.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, I'm about to get ready and go to the airport. Then I'll be leaving on a jet plane. I'm thinking it's likely I won't be here for deadline. But I should be able to phone post from the airport once I get there for an hour or so.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

The timeline has changed!

oh ffs I can't fix this one

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

I don't believe WWM's claim, and I think he's scummy. But I see no reason to push for his vote today. It doesn't hurt us to look elsewhere for the day in case he's telling the truth. Would suck to lose a cop.

he claims he is basically one shot for all intents and purposes he is done even if he is telling the truth. Needing all the mona lisas before he can use his power again makes it likely it won't even be useable again anyway

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

he claims he is basically one shot for all intents and purposes he is done even if he is telling the truth. Needing all the mona lisas before he can use his power again makes it likely it won't even be useable again anyway

I would agree with you if they were still unrevealed artifacts. But since they appear to already be out there and we know who has them, that makes his claim testable/his ability improvable if he's telling the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

I would agree with you if they were still unrevealed artifacts. But since they appear to already be out there and we know who has them, that makes his claim testable/his ability improvable if he's telling the truth.

I know for a fact that there are 17 artifacts.

• Locked thread