Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
on spec

i just wnt someone to listen to me about my thoughts on hockey right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

on spec

claude giroux is the most overrated player in the nhl.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

I don't give a PUCK *drops mic*

google THIS

oh and also welcome to BYOB :)

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

on spec posted:

i just wnt someone to listen to me about my thoughts on hockey right now.

Please go on

on spec

You Miss 100 Percent Of The Shots You Don't Take

----------------

FreshCutFries

i am willing to nod my head vacantly while you speak.

FreshCutFries

on spec posted:

You Miss 100 Percent Of The Shots You Don't Take

mmhm

FreshCutFries

on spec posted:

yeah, she sucks

pig slut lisa

irl is good

do you ever just want to find a shrink ray and get brought down to 20% of your normal size and climb zdeno chara but in this scenario he's a tree w branches so it's easier??

on spec

pig slut lisa posted:

do you ever just want to find a shrink ray and get brought down to 20% of your normal size and climb zdeno chara but in this scenario he's a tree w branches so it's easier??

you don't even know how cool this is to me.

----------------

dogcrash truther

pig slut lisa posted:

Lol

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you
:manning: hockey :manning:

dogcrash truther
Teams should be twice as big, and there are two hockey rinks, and each team fields 12 guys, but they don't have stay in their rink so they could try to overload one rink but then they'd be giving the opposing team a power play on the other one. That's my thought about hockey

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you
Claude Lemieux is the best Claude AND the best Lemieux

:manning:

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I really hope the Oilers stink this year, but McDavid really looks like Gretzky II D:

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

ChairmanMeow

Mulli posted:

Claude Lemieux is the best Claude AND the best Lemieux

:manning:

Not even close
I just put on my winter gloves, just so I could throw them on the floor

alnilam

dogcrash truther posted:

Teams should be twice as big, and there are two hockey rinks, and each team fields 12 guys, but they don't have stay in their rink so they could try to overload one rink but then they'd be giving the opposing team a power play on the other one. That's my thought about hockey

cool idea

dogcrash truther

alnilam posted:

cool idea

Thank you. I thought of it when I was playing the "bughouse" variant of chess.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
hockey is football/soccer for those that can't take the heat

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Hockey players should be allowed to kill. Only during a game, though, and only members of the opposing team

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
The Playoffs Will Not Be Televised

----------------

pig slut lisa

irl is good

the angriest i've ever been at a sporting event was at a hockey game. how did the ice not melt with my blood boiling like that. i loving love science.

Damp Star Baby

what happened to make you so angry

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

ChairmanMeow

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Hockey players should be allowed to kill. Only during a game, though, and only members of the opposing team

They are. One concussion at a time.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-sYE1DsMs

quote:

I tried not to write this post exactly like this. I waited, and tried not to go completely nuclear.

I sit four rows behind Steven Kampfer's parents. I know this because last night, when Steve Kampfer laid on the ice after being assaulted from behind by Andrew Conboy and then slashed in the head by Corey Tropp, one group of enraged Michigan fans was even more shocked than the rest of the crowd. Kampfer's mother went down to the State bench and started screaming. An usher came up to restrain her, and she cried out "that's my son." Another relative was looking around incredulously, crying, panicking, her hands waving in the air pointlessly. It's the kind of random motion you make when something has to be done and you're totally helpless. Kampfer's dad left, and I thought about following him.

Later Comley would relate that a Michigan fan broke into the locker room and tried to fight Tropp; multiple reports say it was him. I wish I, and about 200 students, had been there, too. But that's the difference between men and pigs like Conboy and Tropp: we weren't.

I thought maybe I'd be less livid after sleeping on it. I'm not. What happened last night was the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen at a sporting event, and if either of those two animals ever plays against Michigan again I'll be hoping they break their necks. That is not a kind or noble or understanding thing to say, but it's true. That was disgusting. Both should be kicked out of the CCHA, period.

Someone who should also be gone: Kevin Hall. Hall watched Conboy pull all sorts of crap, including punching Tristin Llewellyn in the face as he looked at it directly, and didn't put a stop to it. Given the opportunity to boot him off the ice with a ten minute misconduct for unsportsmanlike, he instead turned it into a minor and let Conboy loose with under a minute left. He lost control of the game. He's an idiot. He should be fired.

And let's not exonerate Comley here. He recruited Conboy and knew exactly what he was getting. Conboy's older brother was booted out of SCSU for anger management issues (side note: how big of a prick must their father be? I can only imagine) and he racked up huge penalty totals across three years of juniors. He's their leading PIM guy this year, and the announcers in the above clip euphemistically call him State's "police/enforcer," by which they mean talentless thug. During the game it became clearer and clearer that Conboy was just looking for heads to add to the wall, but Comley kept throwing him out there. Down two goals with under ten minutes on the clock, Comley went to a guy with five points on the season.

Then Comley managed to impugn a couple of Michigan players' class for talking crap to him after all this in the postgame presser. You can say whatever you want about how nice a guy he is and what an ambassador for the game he is, but that's pathetic. That's someone in denial about what happened and his role in it.

As for Tropp: a two-handed slash to the head of a prone, motionless player should be cause for ejection from the team, expulsion from school, and criminal charges. I hope the Kampfer family presses charges, and I look forward to seeing Tropp's arrest for meth addiction in my local electronic newspaper in 15 years.

Update: MVictors has frame-by-frame stuff on the incident; Yost Built also has a right-on take. On review, the Tropp thing is even more unbelievable: you can watch him cock his stick, see Kampfer is prone on the ground, and then wait for a better shot.

Update II: Impartial Wisconsin fan and former UMD announcer Bruce Ciskie at Fanhouse:

quote:

Oh, and [Tropp] slashed a player who was probably unconscious at the time. There's a special place in hockey hell for people like that.

Damp Star Baby

yeah it sucks that hockey is so violent sometimes

only listen to the audio in this video if you like terrible nu-metal you inhuman monster >:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAPYh6z_eGg

Damp Star Baby

also dis. "Steve MacIntyre has lost his marbles!" "Steve MacIntyre has gone insane!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hImezA0nbDU

Damp Star Baby fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 22, 2015

alnilam

Rick jeanerette is the best caller ever, my old roommate and his other buffalo friends used to listen to rick jeanerette's top hits which was a cd of clips of him saying insane things during hockey games

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

this is already allowed

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRHoPL0WtdM

:canada:

Watson Your Back, Holmes

on spec posted:

you must be from philly

Watson Your Back, Holmes

the truth is he's pretty good but Ed Snider is a dumb old man and so his career is wasted in philedelph'ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
pj stock was a fighting god

• Locked thread