Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Liam was more badass in this episode than Scott has been in the entire past two seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Wait, did the entire town get ghost riderered? Are there only like 5 people left now?

Also, the forgetting people part seems to have been glossed over. Corey's BF got captured by nazi wolf and forgotten, but Scott's mum was also taken by nazi wolf and not forgotten???

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I hope they explain why Claudia... Just why Claudia everything. Is she meant to be guarding the rift? Why is she 'back from the dead' like the kid in Canaan? She has no connection to a banshee as far as we know.

I can see the leaving Lydia alone thing as like Canaan where the banshee was the only one left, but an explanation would be nice.

But loved Mama and Papa, and daddy stilinski knocked it out of the freaking park with his whole claudia/ mischief scenes. A plus for acting!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Andrew_1985 posted:

Wait, did the entire town get ghost riderered? Are there only like 5 people left now?

Also, the forgetting people part seems to have been glossed over. Corey's BF got captured by nazi wolf and forgotten, but Scott's mum was also taken by nazi wolf and not forgotten???

I think so. Canaan got wiped out and pretty much off the map. Didn't Malia have to dig about to find where it was?

Re your second point- I got the feeling everyone remembered Corey like mama and papa. I guess once you start to remember one lost soul you front lose any more?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Licarn posted:

The ghost riders took Stiles with Lydia right there but now they revere her and wouldn't take Liam?

Only way I can think that makes sense is that she couldn't see them when they took Stiles but she can see them now because... uh, has that been explained?

Stiles did run away from Lydia, maybe he was too far away from her to be protected? She was blocking liam at the time, but you are right it does need to be explained

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Wait, that WASN'T the series finale? :O

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
The rest of this season was really missing the quips and banter this episode had. It's like Stiles comes back and everyone remembers how to be funny again.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

Licarn posted:

The rest of this season was really missing the quips and banter this episode had. It's like Stiles comes back and everyone remembers how to be funny again.

Amen. I'm impressed how likeable Liam is when he isn't face-first in Hayden and has some decent comedic lines.

That 'You would have made a good Hitler youth, Scott' line though? Yikes a million.

Outside of that and the Stydia kiss in the middle of the chaos that wrapped up absolutely beautifully at the end imo. Like exactly what I've wanted for Stiles/Scott from the beginning.

It makes me wonder what they intend to do next season since Dylan O'Brien is confirmed to have filmed for it (I really hope they don't gently caress up Stiles' happy ending too badly).

Edit:

Arcanen posted:

Wait, that WASN'T the series finale? :O

SHOULDA BEEN.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

WAIT STYDIA FINALLY HAPPENED?

guh i guess i should catch up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Character wise, it ended nicely enough (though Stiles and Lydia becoming a thing without any acknowledgement of how he was with Malia before getting ghosted was pretty weird).

Mythologically, it's not done. Scott still needs to have a proper true alpha moment, and they need to kill the nemeton to be able to leave Beacon Hills without worries.

quote:

This is partly a factor, because Stiles has always had some good lines, but I think the main reason is because this was an episode where the heroes were "allowed to win" (just look at how ghost riders were mowed down like chumps by the bucketload, whereas previously they never managed to kill any and would be demolished by an encounter with 2 or 3 of them). The horror aspects of this season and the last mean that the heroes always have to be scared, or on the losing side, for the majority of the season. That's just not conducive to fun and hilarity. It's good horror (esp. given the budget the show has), but it's missing so much of the fun of earlier seasons.

We don't need a new big bad for the last 10 episodes. Just have the nemeton constantly summoning low level mooks who can get ravaged by Scott and co as they crack jokes and have cameos with the bazillion key characters who spontaneously left throughout the show.

• Locked thread