Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
EDIT: Oops, just realized the link to the Planet Coaster trailer was literally the second post of this thread.

Uh... so, anyway...

I like roller coaster games.

In fact, I like roller coaster games so much I follow the regular contest on RCTgo and watch all the winners on YouTube. Here's the winner from last round:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SokqnVlTxP8

resting bort face fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
RCTW is going to feel really empty, but all the tools look like they're going to be really fun and easy to use.

The success of the game will depend entirely on how quickly the modding community embraces it, a la Cities: Skylines. The devs have even said as much in one of the leaked PAX videos.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Did anybody catch that Planet Coaster dev stream that happened yesterday?

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Zero One posted:

If anyone has NoLimits 2, I just finished a ride I've been working on for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZD--0sWh8k

Workshop link

Full POV for those without NL2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9PJiJL1zeU

I've never watched a video from that game. The sound effects are intense.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
How does Silvarret place walls within walls without having them snap to the grid/other building elements?

The way he made those ornamental gears blew my mind

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Abu Dave posted:

Seems like boost sections are missing but theres a real launch coaster now so.

How do you build loops? I cna't figure it out

There's a loop tab. Some coasters don't have any pieces available in the loop tab, though.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks Taeke. that's exactly what I was looking for

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Watching Silverett's videos makes me less likely to play the game. Every time I load it up, I just kind of stare and think, you know, nothing I build is ever gonna look as good as his stuff.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

That's really great. I agree with the comment above about that first loop too.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I love the dead-eyed stare at :19

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, this game looks amazing! I can't wait to see what kinds of things the goons are creating.

Oh. Nevermind.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Gooses and Geeses posted:

the smuglords on the subreddit.

Speaking of, can we talk about FinalMantasyX? I wanna punch that dude in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Zero One posted:

I hope someone (Silvarret) makes some tutorial videos on how to make the most of the building tools/shortcuts.

I spent 2 hours last night making a very basic entrance area. Most of that was exploring all the different parts but a lot was also fighting the controls to make things look like I wanted.

Tweet at him or something. He's very responsive to feedback.