Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Spaced God posted:

Something something Action Park

I live right by this place and for years it was called Mountain Creek, but this year has been rebranded Action Park for some reason. Last time i went they served dollar tallboys outside the park that you could just bring in, and every twenty feet theres a bar cart, and no employees whatsoever throughout the course of the longer slides that carve through scenery, so needless to say it is tons of fun.

Does OpenRCT2 have all the expansion pack content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Awesome, and one more thing. Last time I tried to install a bunch of extra scenery to my RCT2 it would crash on start. Does anybody have a guide to adding extra content and making sure you don't gently caress your files?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In RCT3 paths break frequently if the elevation of land around them changes even slightly, look for spots where the path doesn't quite connect to the next segment.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

that looks really good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

holy crap lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ive been following this build and its made me so hyped for this game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dali Parton posted:

God I really want this game but as a rule i don't do early access anymore :saddowns:.

Ah. Thanks for letting us know.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Is this game going to have steam workshop support?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

One of the guys complaints was also that you need to attach an entrance and exit to a ride so maybe that isn't the best review.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The original RCT buildings for Planet Coaster:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=799059087

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Here's a link to a roller coaster I made, a recreation of one that used to be at Dorney Park.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=805305495

It's a good compact steel coaster, useful for anyone thats looking for more versatile coaster blueprints usable in many different parks.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Smoremaster posted:

wait they don't have the lazer at dorney park anymore? i was gonna try to do the hercules, that was great before they tore it down.

Yeah hercules was also great, the ride that took its place is like the best in the park now though

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Section Z posted:

I still need to get around to making it as far as super nitpicky coasters goals. But my casual dabbling with coasters have shown that one of the biggest spikes in fear/nausea for my own, autocomplete, or even pre-made blueprints that otherwise have wonderfully smooth rides.

The final leg of track leading to the station. That seems to always have one hell of a spike from going "And then, uh... gently caress connecting to the station is annoying" and having to cram in small turns and various wiggles to make the connection, and then the final big drop in speed due to station brakes even compared to throwing down a few trim brakes and the like.

Build that final run of the track out of the back of the station first, so when you get there you can just painlessly auto complete

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Been working on a christmas park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdns0_iebTA

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Can you not place lighting in career mode, because of the scenery limitations? That's a huge oversight

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

I really don't want to take out a loan on Good Gully Miss Molly but I'm worried I might need to. I built a Magic Twirl and Teacups, got a food and drink stall going, and I think I'm charging good prices but guests are complaining that the rides are too expensive (maybe because I'm charging for park entry now?). If I can get a thrill ride up I can start working toward a track ride and start pulling in the Iron Man Numbers.

yeah its kind of annoying you cant set up a realistic scheme of like, pay five dollars to get in the park and all the rides are fairly cheap, if you charge entry they really won't pay for rides

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there terrain in the workshop? Almost everything I see in the "challenge" or "sandbox" category are misfiled rides and poo poo. It's loving horrible. I just want more interesting terrain than a flat loving park to start with.

I think theyre adding a random terrain generator, if it hasnt just been added in this update

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm assuming this is for Planet Coaster?

Anyone have a field report from the expensive Halloween DLC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GOIbS6jcSU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The scenario editor is going to be huge for this game, it has a ton of options and will let people make really creative and varied scenarios from just nice terrain to really specific challenges. You can even set up custom research trees for each scenario and staff attitude and stuff, so you could force the player to only use thrill rides in a tiny fairground style scenario for example

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Id really like if they added generic animatronic platforms to this game, ie the tracks that the spooky pack ghosts move on, but with just a pole you can “attach” any scenery item to

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

They showed off the recolorable staff and camera Filters on stream last week and they look pretty cool, and the cam filters can be activated by ride triggers which is really cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

Is there a way to show just the items added with specific DLC packs? Like I can't tell the difference with some of them.

more filters>content pack

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

As opposed to parkitect, where it looks 1/25th as good and the park managememt features are just barely there. Parkitects management definitely isnt complex enough to immediately write off Planet Coaster, but if youre the type who is so uncreative youre just putting down rides others make then maybe youd have more fun with it. If you want to make complex detailed rides exactly like you imagine go with PC, if youre looking for a not as good RCT, with less well tuned management, parkitect is the one.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Don't even look in Planet Coaster's direction.

There is almost literally no management at all in it.

Parkitects “management” is barely beyond planet coasters, maybe just one feature or two. But goons that hate having to put in effort in life prefer it due to its simpler grid based nature and less building parts to overwhelm their peanut brain

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Feel attacked? You must be a lazy one

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If you want a game instead of a theme park art program there's only one option, Parkitect.

Exactly, if you want to make fisher price playsets instead of making realistic looking parks, Parkitect is the one to go with

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

This

Vs This

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Theres just no point to parkitect when OpenRCT does the gameplay better and planet coaster does everything else better

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Control Volume posted:

"LMfao parkitect for babies. planet coaster is for the real coaster designers among us" -- no one ever motherfucker because the real men play NoLimits 2

Oh that reminds me, if you care about coasters at all PC is the much better option hands down. Everyone who hosed with no limits is using PC now

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

what if i don't care about coasters

then find a different hobby

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ive gotten more value out of planet zoo during the beta than ign has given me my entire life

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

it seems to me more like weird corporate power move bullshit that youre only seeing igns side of than anything that truly reflects on the quality of the game itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Theres a lot more game in planet zoo because animals are living things