Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bozza posted:

Went to Thorpe Park today and it was good.

No fucker there, but I did get stuck on the Saw ride for 10 mins as the harness got stuck down.

Last time I went I got stuck on X: No Way Out for half an hour :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

mfcrocker posted:

Last time I went I got stuck on X: No Way Out for half an hour :smith:

sounds like you got what was advertised

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i went on 13 at alton towers a week or so after it opened and it broke down in the dark room where normally some evil voice recording plays and then you drop and shoot backwards for the last section of the ride (didnt know this at the time)

we were in the room for about twenty minutes, the lights came up and we had a nice chat with some park employees then they left and we sat in the dark for another five minutes and then dropped without warning it was pretty funny because people were chatting normally, turning round in their seats etc and completely unprepared

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Phoon posted:

i went on 13 at alton towers a week or so after it opened and it broke down in the dark room where normally some evil voice recording plays and then you drop and shoot backwards for the last section of the ride (didnt know this at the time)

we were in the room for about twenty minutes, the lights came up and we had a nice chat with some park employees then they left and we sat in the dark for another five minutes and then dropped without warning it was pretty funny because people were chatting normally, turning round in their seats etc and completely unprepared

hahaha

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Phoon posted:

Yeah, apart from the "not able to go anywhere" bit being stuck on a rollercoaster is actually kinda alright. You just chat with some randoms and generally everyone finds it pretty funny.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah, apart from the "not able to go anywhere" bit being stuck on a rollercoaster is actually kinda alright. You just chat with some randoms and generally everyone finds it pretty funny.

Yeah. Just hope you aren't upside down D:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
They should do that every time, it's the best way to scare the poo poo out of people.

Also see those people who run the bungee ball things throwing down a random bolts and shouting WAIT WHAT'S THIS seconds before they fling the people up

Of course sometimes you're going to have to just kill people to make sure there is some tension

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what about this though

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

what about this though

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrcTJyujXM4

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I'm watching London Live's Lunchtime news (which is two loving hours long with about 10m of content) and they've been covering the eviction of the last few hangers on at Sweet Ways Estate in Barnett, and every time they cut to the on site guy, they have him read out a statement from the housing developers about how they are going to "Rebuild twice as much housing on the site, at least 20% of which will be affordable™ leading to at least 60 new affordable homes where there are currently none" and it's just such a barefaced line of bullshit that I can hardly believe this muppet has read it out 4 times in the last hour.

Firstly it was a council estate, so it was ALL social housing so saying there is none is a barefaced lie, Secondly "affordable™" housing in London now includes places going for £1.2m which I really wouldn't call affordable.

God I wish this fucker would actually say something about what a pile of poo poo the developers statement is.

:argh:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I agree but on the other hand I'm watching London Live's Lunchtime news (which is two loving hours long with about 10m of content) and they've been covering the eviction of the last few hangers on at Sweet Ways Estate in Barnett, and every time they cut to the on site guy, they have him read out a statement from the housing developers about how they are going to "Rebuild twice as much housing on the site, at least 20% of which will be affordable™ leading to at least 60 new affordable homes where there are currently none" and it's just such a barefaced line of bullshit that I can hardly believe this muppet has read it out 4 times in the last hour.

Firstly it was a council estate, so it was ALL social housing so saying there is none is a barefaced lie, Secondly "affordable™" housing in London now includes places going for £1.2m which I really wouldn't call affordable.

God I wish this fucker would actually say something about what a pile of poo poo the developers statement is.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Pound_Coin posted:

I'm watching London Live's Lunchtime news (which is two loving hours long with about 10m of content) and they've been covering the eviction of the last few hangers on at Sweet Ways Estate in Barnett, and every time they cut to the on site guy, they have him read out a statement from the housing developers about how they are going to "Rebuild twice as much housing on the site, at least 20% of which will be affordable™ leading to at least 60 new affordable homes where there are currently none" and it's just such a barefaced line of bullshit that I can hardly believe this muppet has read it out 4 times in the last hour.

london is a place for aspirational people snobby cunts only. all underachieving scroungers must be priced out

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
i go away for a week and when i come back i find out david cameron hosed a pig head. what a time to be alive.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Good point Corn but I'd like to add that I'm watching London Live's Lunchtime news (which is two loving hours long with about 10m of content) and they've been covering the eviction of the last few hangers on at Sweet Ways Estate in Barnett, and every time they cut to the on site guy, they have him read out a statement from the housing developers about how they are going to "Rebuild twice as much housing on the site, at least 20% of which will be affordable™ leading to at least 60 new affordable homes where there are currently none" and it's just such a barefaced line of bullshit that I can hardly believe this muppet has read it out 4 times in the last hour.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

i agree

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im watching rugby

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm also watching the rugby (which is two loving hours long with about 10m of content) and they've been covering the eviction of the last few hangers on at Sweet Ways Estate in Barnett, and every time they cut to the on site guy, they have him read out a statement from the housing developers about how they are going to "Rebuild twice as much housing on the site, at least 20% of which will be affordable™ leading to at least 60 new affordable homes where there are currently none" and it's just such a barefaced line of bullshit that I can hardly believe this muppet has read it out 4 times in the last hour.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

More to the point, im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics.

i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms.

i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

well at least i didnt gently caress that pig :unsmith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im making loads of cakes while listening to weird new-agey post rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xcLKoPwRL4

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'd classify that as more of an ambient trance type thing.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hello

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

the shield talk:

uh oh... with corrine working at a hospital again is this gonna be like neighbours in that whenever another character goes to the hospital, no matter which unit it's always karl kennedy that is scanning/operating/consulting

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there's a new jason statham film on (US) netflix!!

http://www.netflix.com/watch/70087585

i bet it's really poo poo but has lots of scowling

e: there are tits less than ten seconds into the film

ee: Jason Statham's character is called Terry Leather

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 23, 2015

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

chev chelios will always be the best statham character

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

He makes so many poo poo films and I'll watch them when I'm bored because I know what I'll get

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I'm starting to get ill
Gonna fight it off with brandy

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

im watching Borgia, there are boobs in the opening credits , those crazy French TV producers

ii like your music taste down jacket fetish

Fluo
May 25, 2007

free corn in the fridge

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vitamins posted:

im watching Borgia, there are boobs in the opening credits , those crazy French TV producers

ii like your music taste down jacket fetish

i like your jason statham character taste vitamins

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i dont have netflix so i cant load the link but if you're talking about the bank job it's actually alright iirc

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i like your jason statham character taste vitamins

thank

Fluo posted:

free corn in the fridge

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

the shield talk:

uh oh... with corrine working at a hospital again is this gonna be like neighbours in that whenever another character goes to the hospital, no matter which unit it's always karl kennedy that is scanning/operating/consulting

they're almost always there to see her specifically

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Hey Fluo that mead book arrived and talks about a mead ale. Have you ever tried making that?
Is it easier because it only takes a few months to make?
Wanted to make one of the traditional ones in time for a festival in March but it says 1-3 years to mature it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jose posted:

they're almost always there to see her specifically

That's gross! Glad she's still a character though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

That's gross! Glad she's still a character though

its v ironic that julien shot his wife in real life imo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so did no-one notice that i edited cum into the mead recipe a while back, or what

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

so did no-one notice that i edited cum into the mead recipe a while back, or what

explains the taste of the one i tried

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dont pretend jason stathams characters have names

i liked the one where he played kicky face man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

they made a new transporter film, but it's not statham

so it's bullshit