Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
No, its because they're cooked in oil which is very occasionally colloquially called gravy, I dont know why oil is called gravy I've heard it like twice but gravy ring loads. Oil ring would be a stupid name too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

StoneOfShame posted:

No, its because they're cooked in oil which is very occasionally colloquially called gravy, I dont know why oil is called gravy I've heard it like twice but gravy ring loads. Oil ring would be a stupid name too.

Americans make a bechamel sauce and call it "Sawmill Gravy" smh

Fluo fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 22, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

And they put it on scones!!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

hosed up if true

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My dog food delivery has half an hour to turn up or I will be forced to listen to Jeremy Vine or do housework :(

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
it's almost as if ppl in different places eat different things in different ways and call it different names

Fluo
May 25, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

it's almost as if ppl in different places eat different things in different ways and call it different names

What's do you like more potato or corn crisps

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

corn in the fridge posted:

get out of here with your reason and logic interrupting the 3179572nd iteration of stupid-words-for-goddamn-bread-chat

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

get out of here with your reason and logic interrupting the 3179572nd iteration of stupid-words-for-goddamn-bread-chat

Soda, Pop, Coke, Soft Drink, Fizzy Drink, Juice, or Other (please explain)

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Fluo posted:

Squash.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Fluo posted:

What's do you like more potato or corn crisps

i think there are times and places for both these things

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

My local does Red stripe on tap and hotwings so hot that they give you gloves.

I'm an easy man to please.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Slash posted:

Squash.

You use Squash as a generic term for soft drinks? :eyepop:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bugger. Housework it is then.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

if we dont talk about what people call buns all we have left is our own mortality

im eating a rustlers

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Fluo posted:

drink

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

im going to call bread slices duvets now because they lovingly envelop the fillings within

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Phoon posted:

if we dont talk about what people call buns all we have left is our own mortality

im eating a rustlers

is that how you confront your mortality

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Father Jack?! :eyepop:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Phoon posted:

im eating a rustlers

Bringing up the topics of bread and what to call fizz drink are the work of poor posters who realise they cant think of a new topic

Theyre the same kind of people who will next bring up the "debate" about the best flavour of Monster Munch, which we all know is Pickled Onion.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hello

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

hello

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Hello

Fluo
May 25, 2007

What do we have here

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

is it me you're looking for?

edit: gently caress, fluo ruined it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i had a really weird text convo with my friend who wont believe me that old people dry their nutsacks using hand dryers in the gym

Fluo
May 25, 2007

*tibs bedora*

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

hemale in pain posted:

i had a really weird text convo with my friend who wont believe me that old people dry their nutsacks using hand dryers in the gym

are you sure you're not drying your hands on the nutsack dryers?

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Pound_Coin posted:

My local does Red stripe on tap and hotwings so hot that they give you gloves.

I'm an easy man to please.

Jealous. I'm going to look into making hot wings. This weekend feels like mout cider though.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Fluo posted:

*tibs bedora*

lol

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

UncleBlazer posted:

Jealous. I'm going to look into making hot wings.

chicken wings, flour, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic powder. put in bag. shake bag. take out coated wings and deep fry.

alternatively, for slightly healthier version, bake for 45 mins, turning and brushing lightly with oil every 10-15 mins.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fluo posted:

Americans make a bechamel sauce and call it "Sawmill Gravy" smh

Italian-Americans make marinara and call that gravy, too.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

feedmegin posted:

Italian-Americans make marinara and call that gravy, too.

Its a crazy world we live in!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

tibs bedora is the name of a childrens tv character who solves mysteries with the help of a talking dog

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

leave it to tibs

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

tibs bedora is the name of a childrens tv character who solves mysteries with the help of a talking dog

Taff is tibs bedora

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Who would voice the dog

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

This. I might get a deep fryer. I live off soup and grilled chicken. I need flavour.

Anything else you'd recommend frying?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

UncleBlazer posted:

This. I might get a deep fryer. I live off soup and grilled chicken. I need flavour.

Anything else you'd recommend frying?

Chicken Balls and make a sweet and sour sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I don't have a deep fryer (I just shallow fry in an iron crock pot) but chicken thighs are the best part of the bird for frying

Wings seem like a bit of a waste, it's a whole load of faff for not very much meat