Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've got a scratchy throat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I just coughed

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
BRB making a QCS thread to bring back forums cancer as forums corona.

(But is beer)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Getting spam emails is feeling quite reassuringly normal

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lmfao I still have to go to work tomorrow.
There's going to be no customers and there's only so many times I deep clean the floor behind the fridges. I can see us closing down by Thursday.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Off to the pub whilst it's still there

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Work might courier me a homeworking set up because I get the bus in. Discussions are somewhat frenzied.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Got a bit of a dry cough

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Got a bit of a dry cough

rip

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

tesco had no beans in, it is the end times

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Start the apocalyptotron.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

guys the footie is postponed

guys the footie

footie

most important thing!!!!!!!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The footballers are now not busy. And also our healthiest people. We should redeploy them to take the sick and isolated people food and toilet paper.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jaded Burnout posted:

tesco had no beans in, it is the end times

Mine is sold out of oven chips

Actually make that most frozen potato products

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

idk why supermarkets are running out of bread, a perishable food

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So people can fill their freezer with it and make sure they always have toast to go with their beans.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The vegetarian section is full in the one I visited today rip carnies

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Where is the Vege toilet roll?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I'm gonna go and explore and see if I can buy some food tomorrow morning. There's lots of photos being posted online of my local supermarkets having massive queues waiting for them to open.

I bet the Polskisklep will still have stock, gonna live on tinned Gołąbki & potatoes from now on yesssss

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I got home from mine and immediately put in a £180 delivery order for a week from now with all the pantry stuff they were out of, plus anything else I could think of.

Time to put on my trench gear and dig in for a long haul.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

trelm

stores for ithnic minirities will have way more stuff left than e.g. sainsburys or tescos, because the panic buyers don't shop there

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think we should all go on hunger strike until the virus sees sense.

Might as well do something about the obesity crisis at the same time.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Solefald posted:

I'm gonna go and explore and see if I can buy some food tomorrow morning. There's lots of photos being posted online of my local supermarkets having massive queues waiting for them to open.

I bet the Polskisklep will still have stock, gonna live on tinned Gołąbki & potatoes from now on yesssss

My local Eastern European shops have an implausible amount of fridge space dedicated to scary looking sausages that I've never dared try out. I might start now, because I bet none of the panic buyers have dared touch them either.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Solefald posted:

tinned Gołąbki

Also, I just had to Google what this is but now I'm definitely going out looking for some tomorrow.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

goatface posted:

I think we should all go on hunger strike until the virus sees sense.

Might as well do something about the obesity crisis at the same time.

covid-19; saviour of waistlines

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol I'm pretty terrible at stuff and I think my Tesla is probably going back and my building project is shelved slash binned lol I'm very hosed.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jaded Burnout posted:

I got home from mine and immediately put in a £180 delivery order for a week from now with all the pantry stuff they were out of, plus anything else I could think of.

Time to put on my trench gear and dig in for a long haul.

Whoa another poster?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The dab would only get BBC world service driving back through the Highlands, so I enjoyed constant coronavirus news.

I like how Boris did what could have been his Churchill speech but ended up reading points off his fingers

And THIRDLY yes yes we'll be making sure that mortgages can be frozen but not rent so you scumlords really reap the benefits

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

Whoa another poster?

I heard it gets weird in here, and I'm into it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jose's brought all his mod friends round for a HUGE party

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bring your own lemons

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Pistol_Pete posted:

My local Eastern European shops have an implausible amount of fridge space dedicated to scary looking sausages that I've never dared try out. I might start now, because I bet none of the panic buyers have dared touch them either.

Do if! Polish sausages are niiiiiiiceeee (NO, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT)

Just avoid those weird super super skinny dried ones, Kabanos I think they're called. They are pure just hard gritty fat with tiny bits of smokey meat around it ughhhh

Silesian Śląska is the best poo poo though, works in casseroles, stews and pasta perfectly and is lush to just eat on some toast, in a fry up eggs or with potatoes or whatever. The flavours are beautiful but not so much that it can't be versatile!

They also last ages! Hell, most Polish food is made to last, those folks are pretty good at preserving food.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

bring your own lemons

Or be a ho and steal some, that’s also an option.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

lmao all the smug staff that "worked" from.home yesterday have been told to come in because our secure vpn keeps making GBS threads the bed

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

owned. ours will do that in a couple days I reckon

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

At the start of this week my work switched to a new VPN that they proudly said could handle 65,000 simultaneous connections and it's spent most of this morning noisily making GBS threads itself

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Solefald posted:

Silesian Śląska is the best poo poo though, works in casseroles, stews and pasta perfectly and is lush to just eat on some toast, in a fry up eggs or with potatoes or whatever. The flavours are beautiful but not so much that it can't be versatile!

Ok, I am now the proud owner of various types of frozen dumplings, tinned sprats and 800g of Silesian Slaska. You can freeze them, right? 800g is a lot of sausage to get through.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Follow storage advice on the packaging! (Use Google image translate of you need to).

I didn't go to the Polskisklep today as my sister ran me to Aldi at 8am and we got everything I needed (and more)

Might pop in on pay day and treat myself to some pierogi and cherry jam

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im about to spend £200 on a barbell and weights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

don't hoard.