Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Unless it's my work, I spend half my time fixing other peoples work, usually our company's guys.
My work isn't the fastest, or the cheapest but its always done to a high standard that I would be happy with in my own home :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
im just not much good to be honest

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

since time immemorial it is an ancient rite that with the arriving of new blood to the ritual site, the principal acolyte must suck air through his teeth and speak aloud the words 'gently caress me look at the state of that! who put that in, stevie wonder?'

same as it ever was

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

honestly its the tools. It absoultely is. A good workman doesnt blame their tools they just have the right tools

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
defend your honour and kill them in a duel

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Or a decent pair of wellies

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Red Oktober posted:

Non-refundable (taken off your tab) deposits are the way forward, and they've been needed for a while to be honest. Now is the time to get people on board with it - they're desperate enough for a space that they'll put up with it in a way they wouldn't have before all this happened.

Or maybe just not requiring booking everywhere like some German holidaymakers dream
world would be better?

I’ve been to two places without booking, seems fine.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

certain events over the past eighteen months have indicated the benefits of not cramming people together in a queue, and also having traceability of your patrons

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i should of got a laser level

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

so i deliberately didnt meet this dude at site in the tesla, went in the saab so he knew I didnt have any money.

he rocked up in a c63 AMG blipping and blupping at me lol.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You and I live in wildly different worlds goonfren

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i am writing a late 1990s family sitcom that tackles important issues. what yous think of this sample dialogue

*teenage son enters house dishevelled and bleary eyed (use onions for this [check if legal])*

mum: what time you call this?! we have been worried sick!!!

dad: you have been out longer than i have had hot dinners!!!!!!!!!!!

*audience laugh*

have you been doing ecstasy-drugs or marijuana?!

son: i was just out with some friends, dad, chill-out!!!

dad: who?! tinky winky, lala and bleeding po?!?!?

*audience laugh*

(n.b. the dad is the funny one)

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I ended up getting some camomile and honey tea which I plan to add a bit of ginger and lemon to to sort the throat. Wish I'd thought of Sunny D earlier. The death of the humble ten deck is political correctness gone mad imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

learnincurve posted:

You and I live in wildly different worlds goonfren

sometimes maybe but I'm not so sure.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

anyway my cancer ridden mother who lives in france has had her vaccine. It seems very hosed up there how you get it but I dont really care when its her.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

My mum got her first vaccine jab last week, after I finally convinced her that it wasn't a plot to download Roma DNA into her cells over 5G despite what Facebook says.

I'm in NI and we started vaccinating over-40s this week which I just about qualify for. Got one booked for Friday and they asked for an H&C number during booking. I've no idea what that is and I'm still registered with a GP from my old home town, who I haven't visited in years and she might well be dead.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

vaccinating over-40s this week which I just about qualify for

well you either do... or you dont pal? lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i miss my friends a lot actually thinking about it lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

My mum got her first vaccine jab last week, after I finally convinced her that it wasn't a plot to download Roma DNA into her cells over 5G despite what Facebook says.

I'm in NI and we started vaccinating over-40s this week which I just about qualify for. Got one booked for Friday and they asked for an H&C number during booking. I've no idea what that is and I'm still registered with a GP from my old home town, who I haven't visited in years and she might well be dead.

you should be able to get it by just ringing the practice

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

i'm hungry

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

crispix posted:

i am writing a late 1990s family sitcom that tackles important issues. what yous think of this sample dialogue

*teenage son enters house dishevelled and bleary eyed (use onions for this [check if legal])*

mum: what time you call this?! we have been worried sick!!!

dad: you have been out longer than i have had hot dinners!!!!!!!!!!!

*audience laugh*

have you been doing ecstasy-drugs or marijuana?!

son: i was just out with some friends, dad, chill-out!!!

dad: who?! tinky winky, lala and bleeding po?!?!?

*audience laugh*

(n.b. the dad is the funny one)

Please work in a line about mad cow disease, I remember it being very funny at the time.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Looke posted:

What’s the correct course of action if you block someone’s toilet with a massive turd? Asking for a friend

When I was at school my friends and I were invited to an 18th birthday party and all anybody remembers is one guy blocking the toilet, panicking and drawing attention to himself and ending up putting a bin bag over his arm and pulling his mammoth turd out which he then carried through the kitchen to put in the wheelie bin outside.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

crispix posted:

Ooh, are they average earners who somehow manage to live in an absolutely massive house in London?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Ben, I just rented out your new games room to a slovenly lodger.

OH BLOODY HELL SUSAN

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Me too. Looking at JustEat right now and considering ordering a McButter.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
sO RelAtabLe

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
There's something about commercial radio cash giveaways that really loving irk me

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

It's one of those things where the more I think about it the angrier I get about it

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Apparently I'm officially old. I choose to listen to radio 4 instead of anything else now.
Bonus is no commercial cash giveaways
Downside is there are some serious hosed up opinions to make me mad instead.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

having to get pcr tested for work now (in lambeth) thanks to covid variant 69420. can't wait to continue being sealed indoors for the summer

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My son listens to a Uk Christian radio station which is normal radio without the danger of swearing, it’s DJs seem to be young people who hate Christian rock, and they had a fundraiser for a telephone line for sad and lonely old ladies who were missing gossip at church to call and one person anonymously donated the £5k they were after - and I want to know who it is who listens to a tiny Christian radio station who has that kind of money to randomly drop.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

her maj

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
plenty of old folks with good pensions they haven't been spending for a year.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

Apparently I'm officially old. I choose to listen to radio 4 instead of anything else now.

My wife listens to the classical music station (can't remember what it is called). People on it bang on about their horses and taking their boats out, in the interludes between classical music.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are there any goons not in lambeth

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

Anti vax ones? Go on, what kind?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The local Jehovah’s witnesses sent me an actual handwritten letter asking if I believe in resurrection for loved ones who have died of covid and I don’t think Debbie is doing ok to be honest.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I have it welded to five live in the car occasionally switching to talksport when I want to hear some just appalling takes about how much footballers get paid from some bloke in a van

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

are there any goons not in lambeth

I'm in Brent atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I discovered there is a goon living down the road from me and we regularly walk/bike on the same greenway.