Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no it's going to be pushed back by four weeks

it's my last day of work today. after that i will be a Wastrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sweet, I'm going to Scotland and dont wanna be sitting in traffic or the trains to be too packed. Not so much because of covid but I just never liked loads of people.

I got the train back from Eastbourne after riding the south downs a few weeks ago and it was shoulder to shoulder. Thankfully I stunk and my bike was covered in cow poo poo so people gave me space.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

oh god i accidentally booked a holiday for the 21st. its gonna be swarming with twats celeberating 'freedom day' isnt it?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Withnail and i? I only watched it recentlyish

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

no it's going to be pushed back by four weeks

it's my last day of work today. after that i will be a Wastrel

It's interesting how, as a nation, we've been conditioned to understand that when certain newspapers air possibilities in a certain manner, it's really the government making an unofficial announcement about what's going to happen.

The government's made no statement and yet there's people in my office today going: "Yeah, it's going to be delayed by 4 weeks, isn't it."

It's clever stuff.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

Withnail and i? I only watched it recentlyish

Yeah

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

oh god i accidentally booked a holiday for the 21st. its gonna be swarming with twats celeberating 'freedom day' isnt it?

It's not going to be freedom day, given that Boris is doing his "oooh not sure but everything will be fine" chats, which indicates that he's trying to keep the bad news from us until the last possible moment.

Edit: I should make sure I've read all the pages rather than replying with something others have basically already said :)

legooolas fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 11, 2021

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

learnincurve posted:

I won both, 2 pannier bags that if you could find them in this country they would go for £38 each, but I won them both for £48 because the seller couldn’t spell panniers.

Ortlieb make the best ones.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The main change left to be unlocked down for me is foreign travel which doesn't seem like it's up to our government anyway? Even after unlockdown day, there's still going to be foreign travel restrictions and red lists and quarantines aren't there?

They haven't even said they'll be no masks have they? So it's what? Meet a few more people at once?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

crispix posted:

i heard a busted song on my car's built-in radio-player yesterday and it's made me feel very old for some reason

that's because we live in the year 3000 and not much has changed but we live underwater

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Gigs

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Being offered 100 quid of b&q vouchers to go mystery shopping.

But they want to see a photo of me first. Surely that would dispel the mystery? Can you be too ugly to mystery shop?

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

crispix posted:

it's like a school dinner, but a really good one :yum:

Does not compute.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

learnincurve posted:

I won both, 2 pannier bags that if you could find them in this country they would go for £38 each, but I won them both for £48 because the seller couldn’t spell panniers.

Congrats on your new panner bags

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Steakandchips posted:

Debatable imo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Steakandchips posted:

Agree but they are out of my price range - I do all my shopping on bikes so they would be left outside Sainsbury’s/Aldi main shopping ebike has 47l panniers with one side converted into a cooler bag so I can get ice cream home.

Ones I try to find on eBay are the proper dutch basil ones, as apposed to the exported bog standard versions we get here. The export bags have worse fastenings and are just big square waterproof bags, the ones they keep for themselves have compartments.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Being offered 100 quid of b&q vouchers to go mystery shopping.

But they want to see a photo of me first. Surely that would dispel the mystery? Can you be too ugly to mystery shop?

If you do it don't rat out staff for not offering you store credit card or awful things like that. Hated doing bs like that, who in the hell wants a M&S credit card??!

Even now at deliveroo I gotta be careful for annoying mystery shoppers who could rat me out for not bothering to ID people

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Agree but they are out of my price range - I do all my shopping on bikes so they would be left outside Sainsbury’s/Aldi main shopping ebike has 47l panniers with one side converted into a cooler bag so I can get ice cream home.

Ones I try to find on eBay are the proper dutch basil ones, as apposed to the exported bog standard versions we get here. The export bags have worse fastenings and are just big square waterproof bags, the ones they keep for themselves have compartments.

If I had known you were in the market for some, I'd have sold you my "Ortlieb Classic Back-Roller Rear Panniers Pair in High Viz Yellow. Waterproof." for what you paid just now.

They had been sitting around gathering dust for 3 years, basically brand new, but I offloaded them onto ebay during lockdown as I was clearing things out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah well, I hope you bought an air fryer with the proceeds though

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gasmask posted:

that's because we live in the year 3000 and not much has changed but we live underwater

it was that one, yeah

i remember one of them had big eyebrows :heysexy:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ratjaculation posted:

Congrats on your new panner bags

gonna fix this paneer to my bike

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i should have put my foot down with the builder on that first wonky corner. started as i meant to go on.

i've spoilt him by letting him get away with it and now things are going to be visible and forever i daren't challenge him on anything as he has a massive, and awkward tantrum.

the times weve discussed things and hes said yes whats actually happening is hes saying anything to get me to go away and then hes just going to do it how he wants anyway.

if you want something doing right do it yourself, even if youre poo poo at it because the people who are ostensibly good at it are loving lunatic dickheads and it just isn't worth the hassle of dealing with them.

^^^ put all this on my grave stone

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Ah well, I hope you bought an air fryer with the proceeds though

No. Chips are meant to be fried in a cast iron pan full of oil. Air frying is a stupid idea.
:colbert:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh we don’t use them for chips, we air fry sausages and other meat products. Air fried sausages are just the best sausages, and you don’t mess up the chip pan oil.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Steakandchips posted:

No. Chips are meant to be fried in a cast iron pan full of oil. Air frying is a stupid idea.
:colbert:

:rip:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

what does an air fryer do that an oven and a non stick tray can't do?

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 11, 2021

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

you can post about it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i was talking to the fire officer at work who only stopped being a fireman a couple of years ago and he said they were still called out for chip pan fires the odd time

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
so like there are folk about who think deep fat fryers are too new fangled

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

crispix posted:

i was talking to the fire officer at work who only stopped being a fireman a couple of years ago and he said they were still called out for chip pan fires the odd time

I tried to warn you guys!!!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:fireman:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It seemed in France you had to be more careful when you bought your frozen bag of chips that they were oven ones not fryer ones so it seems more common there still.

Like in the UK I don't think I've ever got home and gone oh no these aren't oven chips

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ratjaculation posted:

what does an air fryer do that an oven and a non stick tray can't do?

The ninja one I have is super easy to clean and it cooks meat much quicker than in the oven, plus it’s 2 min to pre-heat it.

My lad eats lots of meat, mini does not, so it’s a good way of keeping the main oven itself for vegetarian food.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

chip pan, chip pan. You’re my chip pan. You can give it to me when I need to burn it down.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

so like there are folk about who think deep fat fryers are too new fangled

I mean if I deep fry poo poo its in my soup pot on the hob

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

crispix posted:

it was that one, yeah

i remember one of them had big eyebrows :heysexy:

I think one of them wrote the "dinosaur pooped the" books for kids, which are legit good. Good cadence and trip along nicely, which is what you want when you read it ²⁰ times a week.

Not as good as the lion inside, which follows the pattern of fresh Prince of Bel air almost exactly.

BBC 4k is the poo poo, new TV is awesome, but no sofa yet so I am watching alone sitting on my office chair in the middle of the room. Bachelor life style baby

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

I'm going to make arancini on sunday (risotto tomorrow) so i'm going to start a fat fire

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

posh scotch eggs

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

I ate a scotch egg as if twer an apple today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003