Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I saw Paloma Faith described as 'the forces sweetheart for a war you wish would never happen' and that will forever be how I think about her, she's shite, loud and loving everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Dugong posted:

The operator was actually surprisingly nice after the 30 minute wait

The customer complaints rates got released for the quarter so all their call centres will be on best behaviour.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Bozza posted:

I am off sick today. Feel terrible so I'm gonna sit watching crap on the TV all day.

When did this morning change sets and why?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Do you get to play with theolodolites?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

CancerCakes posted:

Should I drive to brum or train? M6 is a nightmare but if I train I will have to stay the night, which is like a less fun Russian roulette

Get train, stay at the nitenite for like £40 and drink in the mailbox

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

i made chocolate brownies and it turns out 90% of the ingrediants are sugar.

If that’s your bag then next time make tablet

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Tablet is what fudge wishes it was

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

a k-hole big enough to fit your giant head

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

freelop posted:

Doesn't help that I dislike rap/hip hop

Must be hard being less cool than your mum.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

It’s a legit market because Oracle tried to sue usedsoft and the ECJ told them to go gently caress themselves

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 13, 2020

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

must be looking forward to fresher's week. Its like going back to school but now youre an adult and you can beat up the bullies and outsmart the teachers and impress the cheerleaders.

None of the fuckers drink properly and all the pubs have to be careful about licensing. Probably more conducive to a learning environment but still

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Our poo poo IT department has basically fallen apart transitioning to working from home, which you'd think a tech service desk would be really well placed to deal with, but they are just that loving incompetent.

So I literally can't get any work done besides answering angry emails, because IT have literally forgotten how to do a basic two minute task and the expected turnaround on getting them done has gone from a few days to indefinite, and my workload is now exploding to such a hilariously unmanageable size that I might as well be digging a quarry with a child's bucket and spade, so I'm sunbathing and watching YouTube instead.

It’s great isn’t it. 4 weeks and three site visits to get office upgraded from 32 bit to 64bit so I can be a bigger number toucher

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

I started uni this week and already theyve hosed up my funding, my timetables and none of the online systems work. Classic UK

Why are you worrying about academic questions when you should be wondering where your cheapest but unlikely to kill you kebab shop is?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Cyril Sneeer posted:

honda make the most perfec internal combustion engines. sometimes they fit them to good cars too

Why not test their ability to build electric drivetrains and get the new Honda E Advance

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

The entire commercial property market is currently being kept afloat by everyone pretending really hard that office and retail spaces haven't actually suffered a huge and possibly permanent cratering of value, when it's completely obvious that they have. It's dumb as hell lol.

The London skyscraper boom was built on the need for floor space so much it created a death ray, and none of them were ever over 80% occupancy.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It wasn't obvious they had no way to tell

Lol he must have won it or got to the final as well.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

If you get toast and a fried slice and they sigh if you ask for no mushrooms then it’s a proper fry up

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I like the mega cheap salt and vinegar sticks

One stop and Morrison’s are awful, but aldi ones are decent

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pringles Rice Fusion Salt and Vinegar best S&V crisp for chemically stripping your soft palate

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Is there actually knack 2?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've always felt that changing the bulbs in car headlights is far more fiddly and painful than it needs to be. If replacing lightbulbs was as hard, people would never stand for it.

Apparently to change a valve in the heater of my car you need to spend two days taking the entire dashboard apart.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I mean it should have been 100% of your weekly income or 37*min wage as the basis for statutory sick pay so that people were taken care of post pandemic too but at this point if the government aren’t dosing COVID into Horlicks to get the rest of the care home crew it’s a win.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

There’s a firefighter owned coop that lets you choose which charity your profit goes to, so you can buy coffee and donate to the RLNI or NHS

https://frontlinecoffee.co.uk/collections/all

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Mojo Jojo posted:

New build literally means it's a new house and you're buying from the developer. There's two reasons not to like them: one they have a 10-20% markup applied compared to equivalent houses in the area for reasons that probably make sense to somebody; developers don't have a very good attention to detail so you'll end up fighting with them over the "snag list" which will range from "you put the bathroom door locks on backwards so only somebody outside can lock them" to "you forgot to plumb in a toilet and now there's poo everywhere" to "you didn't do something important and structural and the house will have some real issues in five years".

It's not just that new houses in the UK tend to small, badly laid out and challenging to insulate. That's a tradition dating back to the Victorian factory owners building hovels for their workers.

They're also smaller in every single way that's possible, because taking 8% of a development of 20 houses means you can fit an extra two on the plot.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I imagine maccies do milk too?

Maccies haven't got any bottled drinks at all.

Dell_Zincht posted:

not boob replacement milk they don't

So loving glad I'm past the sterilising / tommee tippee / burping stage.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

My central heating is on the way out and it's one of those old baxi boilers thats not the most efficent at the best of times

think i might just buy an oil filled radiator for the winter

Check to see whether your local council (or devolved government) are offering grants or help towards ground/air source heat pumps (if it's a viable solution for your particular property type)

https://www.homeenergyscotland.org/find-funding-grants-and-loans/interest-free-loans/ etc.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goatface posted:

Buy a thousand boxes of stuffing and every pack of marzipan you see.

you can do the decent thing and set fire to the marzipan to cook the stuffing

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Who's going to play Jeffrey Epstein when the BBC make a whitewashed drama of his life a few years from now?

Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The new Bond film is good and I enjoyed watching it, midnight showings are the best showings imo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Other than Goldeneye and maybe one of the Timothy Dalton ones, all Bond pre-Craig is utter horseshit

Nah there are tons of good ones.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Shorts > Trackies > Jumper > Thick socks > Heating

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Collateral posted:

Is the Carrera Vengeance a good ebike for around a grand? My work have offered to buy me a bike if I can somehow get an invoice (I assume I email ask?) for one.

Halfords were letting people test drive ebikes, see if your local place will let you and then try a couple?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You gotta be old

We're posting on a pay to post forum in 2021 we're all old

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I only post here since Mumsnet blocked me

Did you say that you were going to call your kid a normal name or that you thought trans people shouldn't be strung up from lampposts?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Suppose if you’ve got an inspection shelf it makes sense to wall hang it

Only found out the other day that Aussies hang their tumble dryers upside down on the wall. Suns gone to their heads.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Congratulations.

Just be careful and make sure you’re both sleeping enough.

Found this kind of thing is a godsend because you don’t have to faff with layers going inside/ outside / car trips etc

https://www.lajlo.com/products/baby..._organic&wi=off

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Oh poo poo! It’s the 1980s!

Lets bury a time capsule under a car park in Leicester with 'tony robinson's a twat' in it for the lols

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

You could blank out their ages and no one would ever guess. loving horrible.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jose posted:

i didn't get a real serious headache from them though my head has hurt for the 3 days since the last one a bit. I just get the hosed up vision and feeling lovely in the build up and after

Stop wearing headbands when you asphyxi-wank

Jose posted:

i rarely get the headache i just go half blind for a while

That's the headband slipping down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Tie the cost of a steak bake to its proper temperature. Want to sell a bake that’s got ice crystals forming on top, charge me 20p for it