Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
mayonnaise is the Devil's semen. And olives are his testicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Arcade Club is brilliant - spent a lovely day at the Bury one a couple of winters ago. Bliss. Unfortunately when I got home I went down with the proper flu, first proper flu I'd had since 1987. So it'll be a while before I go back given the current circumstances. I'm sure they'll try to keep the cabs clean but spending all day in a crowded room full of hundreds of sweaty nerds all fondling one another's joysticks doesn't appeal, at least not for a while.

Sit down Star Wars though.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
planning a flight over scotland (in Flight Simulator 2020 because gently caress knows next time I'll get to go on an actual plane) and the place names are blowing my mind.

Scotnish
Castle Sween
Inch Kenneth
Fishnish
Sligachan
Geocrab
Kneep
Grimshader
Grabhair
Badcall
Nigg
Blackness
Rattray
Dubheads

Glorious.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
whatever became of cat bin lady!

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
we bought a thing called a hippo bag from B and Q, it's a big refuse bag that costs about £15 or so and the idea is you fill it up with crap and then pay a fee to have it collected/dumped, it's alike an alternative to hiring a skip
we got one to put in some demolition crap from round the back, lots of old wood and broken glass sort of thing. Bag's been sat at the end of the driveway for a week or so, waiting for me to remember to phone them up and pay the £150 odd it costs to have it all disposed of.
well today somebody picked it up and took it away. Without me lifting a fingat or paying the £150.
Not that I'm complaining.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Hippo Bag update: it has been returned to the end of my driveway. Empty.

uh, thanks building rubble fairy?

Mystified at this juncture.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
I smell quite distinctly of ram.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
when I was at school DMs were the shoes of people from the "Chelsea shed" and there were definite implications of violence.

I'm not sure it was even possible to buy a fancy pair back then.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Bloke came supposedly to fix my charger. He opened it, took a picture of the insides without actually testing anything, came to the house and took a picture of the supply board without actually testing anything, spent five minutes moaning to me about how he's not been paid by the company under whose warrantee he has been sent out, coughed on me three times, and left. I rather doubt I'll be seeing him again and my charger is still bust.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
I don't like cheese.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
I like cheesy snacks though, like Mini Cheddars and cheese and onion crisps, just not actual cheese. I wish it wasn't so, as everybody tells me cheese is great.

Could be worse though. I once met a bloke in the pub who didn't like chips.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
get your eggcups out lads it's British Egg Week https://www.eggrecipes.co.uk/blog/british-egg-week-back

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
British Egg LIFE.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Finally getting the correct eulers out of the body part quaternions.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
state of that, duw duw

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
People think earl grey is posh but it's actually pauper tea.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
ahh, Basingstoke!

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.

hemale in pain posted:

Basingstoke is OK. The cycling infrastructure is really nice and the town doesn't seem too dingy or run down. Someone I know who lives there said the alleys can be dangerous late at night but that's true anywhere.

Yeah I don't mean to demean the place, although it's often the butt of jokes; I'm actually pretty fond of it. I live in rural Wales now but grew up near Basingstoke, went to secondary school and sixth form there so I've got some good memories of the old place. Not that I'd recognise big parts of it if I went back these days anyway. But there will always be a little bit of Basingstoke in my heart, somewhere.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Haddock today.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Ah, Wiggins Teape! Creators of the fabled Hanging Gardens of Basingstoke!

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
also lol at the 6600 "most powerful computer in the world". My old 1070 gpu is approximately 2,000,000 times as fast.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
got a courtesy car from the dealer, it's an old farty type, good lord I'd forgotten about having to keep fiddling with the lever to keep it farting at the correct rate or it won't accelerate properly, and just touching the brake pedal goes straight to physical braking, duw duw

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Hybrids are daft. Do it properly or don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
The Land Rover Defender was better because it was named after a 1980 Williams arcade coin-op game of legendary difficulty.