Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

the airport one was like "what was Aberdeen airports carbon emissions in 2005 to the nearest thousandth kilogram" or "what is the 4 digit ICAO airport code for Heathrow". Just a different level.

Ok fair gently caress that spod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

1. statham
2. owen wilson?
3. jordan / angelina jolie
4. nicki minaj
5. jennifer aniston

Bruce Willis
Brad Pitt
Angelina Jolie
correct
correct

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I'm biased against Reading being a 10 consecutive year attendee of Leeds festival and assuming that anything southern is a bit shitter, pleased to hear my biases are well placed

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

Being a 10 consecutive year attendee of Leeds or Reading disqualifies you from having a worthwhile opinion on taste

Are you kidding? Between 2003 - 2013 I saw basically every huge band on the planet. Radiohead, Pulp, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, Metallica, System of a Down, Green Day, Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Franz Ferdinand etc etc etc. Also my family house is very near the site so we got discounted VIP weekend tickets with access to the backstage bar and camping area for like £40.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 21, 2024

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Party Boat posted:

and the year when someone hijacked a truck full of carling on the last night and started passing out slabs

That year was also quite rioty because the security team they'd hired were all heavy handed meatheads who had been dickheads all weekend, I remember the atmosphere was combustible on the last night

I watched people running away with those slabs getting handcuffed to the front of security trucks and pissed on, and my friend who was taking photos of it had his camera snatched and smashed to pieces

Cunts

I think that was also the same year someone lost a bollock by jumping over a fire just as a gas canister went off

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

My local cinema is doing a 9 film star wars marathon starting at 10am on May 4th and continuing until 10am the following day. I suggested it to a friend with the caveat I could only be bothered with the original trilogy over the evening because the ticket is €45 which I could just about justify for those three on the big screen and he wants to see the lot. Lunatic.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

They did a LotR extended marathon last year which I avoided because it seemed too much. Some customers in the bar I work in dropped acid for the fuckin thing, that doesn't sound fun

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Imagining taking a heroic dose of acid and coming up just as Jar Jar first appears, and then realising you have another 20hrs of this poo poo to endure as your reality dissolves

the LotR acid taker said it got a bit much when the Uruk Hai were being spawned

hemale in pain posted:

that sounds like fun. DO ALL OF THEM COWARD

My friend wants to and I've just bought the tickets so yeah

I imagine I could make it 1 through 6 but staying through the night to watch the sequel trilogy knowing episode 9 awaits seems like it will be a tough loving ask, unless I procure some coke between now and then

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Imagining some grognard taking a spotty teenage cinema attendant to task about how they should be showing the original cuts and not the special editions where han shoots second

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

goatface posted:

Which Star Wars is Tokyo Drift?

Offensive Asian stereotypes and things going fast? Gotta be Phantom Menace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

kecske posted:

one of my colleagues likes to tell us at length about how cancer was solved a long time ago but there's so much money in the care and treatment industry that Big Pharma won't release the cure

This is my mum, mixed with anti-vax and blood transfusion beliefs that came from her time as a JoHo. When she got breast cancer 10 years ago it was a fuckin ride as she spent a while wanting to get the Gerson therapy - a 'treatment' involving fasting and coffee enemas - which cost 10k in some quack clinic in Switzerland. Luckily she finally got talked into a lumpectomy. She still drinks and smokes a shitload even after she had an aortic bleed and nearly died a few years ago. I love her but she's a loving idiot and extremely lucky to still be alive thanks to medical interventions that she mostly doesn't believe in.

Stay strong cancer family sufferers