Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What's up with London night bus drivers? When I was living there, they'd regularly drive past me and not stop. Once I ran to the next stop because 'maybe the bus was full' (it wasn't) and they let 2 people off and didn't let me on. I ran to the next stop and got there before the bus too and again, wasn't let on. I've asked this before and get a bunch of 'maybe x y z' responses, so here are some answers!
-No there wasn't another bus right behind. In like all 20 times this happened to me.
-No the bus wasn't late and had to make up time.
-No I didn't look like a maniac who would murder the bus driver.

Another friend posted a couple of years ago how he stood in front of the bus and forced the driver to let people on, so it's not just me. One time a day bus stopped and I was about 5 steps away from the door. I started walking towards it while I said goodbye to my friend, and the door closed and the bus left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

stev posted:

If they're letting people off just get on?

Yeah I don't live there any more and that is correct, but also the on door is different to the off door, and I would wait at the on door in the front which wouldn't open. Last I was there you have to tap your card at the front as you get on.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, sorry, I lived in London in 1998 and 2003-2007. Since I saw my friend post about night bus drivers recently I thought it was still a thing. Maybe they've all changed their ways! I still harbour resentment at having to walk most of the way from bond street to neasden one night (I walked for an hour and then got the next night bus, an hour walk towards Neasden since I was walking along the route and calculating when/where the next bus would be)