Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Odd posted:

Isn't it a really bad idea to get vaccinated for, hell anything, when you're immunocompromised like what cancer treatment generally does?

If it's a live virus vaccine the answer is usually "talk to your doctor." As far as I've heard none of the covid vaccines are live - the moderna and pfizer are both mRNA (meaning they tell your body to produce the spike protein which is what your immune system recognizes as an invader) and at least one of the others is a traditional vaccine, which is a killed virus with the protein shell. In either case they cannot give you the disease.

The general advice I've heard for the covid vaccine w.r.t. immune compromised people is "covid is going to be a lot worse for you with your crappy immune system so get the vaccine." But if you have concerns or are severely allergic to eggs, talk to your doctor first (they will most likely tell you to get it anyway, but maybe if you're allergic you should get it at the hospital if possible so they can handle the allergic reaction - that advice usually pertains to the flu shot which is widely available though, so it's probably going to be handled differently this time).

I'll reiterate, talk to a doctor about it if you're concerned, they will be able to tell you with a reasonable degree of certainty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU