Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I've got my service/MOT tomorrow, had this car (15 plate Golf) for a year and it's not done enough miles for it to harass me about a service yet. Its bloody anxious about tyre pressures though, pings every time I turn it on even though they are fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Pretend it's cool by comparison and remember at least you aren't called Garfunkel.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
It's ludicrous how circuitous it is trying to speak to a GP, something I often have to do for work; despite what seems to be popular belief most of them don't have a professionals only line so gotta sit through "This is Dr Whatever, due to coronavirus virus the surgery is -blah blah for 7 minutes-" a lot.

Then the music that doesn't loop properly every time it cuts in with a "thank you for your call, we are currently busy please hold the line" it gets your hopes up then dashes them. At least set that patronising sounding robot to interject before the muzak starts again.

Back in March I had a chest infection and it took me about 3 days to get treatment because obviously the second you put 'breathing difficulties' into e-consult it went "AHHHHHH CALL 999 AND LOCK YOURSELF IN A SHED", then 111 did the 'someone will call you' except no one does, and doing what you're told gets you trapped in the feedback loop.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

el dingo posted:

My partner has had a hole in her tooth since an little after lockdown started. Recently she called the local dentist who said while they do normally take NHS patients they aren't right now. A consultation would be £70, the procedure itself something like £300. This is after she emailed them like 5 times with no response and finally had to badger them on the phone about it.

My partner went through the same, except she was advised to buy a temporary filling off amazon. These only last 48 hours so we didn't bother.
One of the private clinics here said they'd do a free consultation, which actually turned out to be "you can send a bunch of awkward pics of your mouth to us for free. That'll be 28 quid if you want us to look at them though".

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Salisbury Snape posted:

I only ever go to Plymouth to watch live shows at the pavilions since its the closest place other than Eden Project that does big name live acts.
Plym died for me when the little underground rock and metal bar (White Rabbit) closed its doors a few years back.
It really is smack head central in that city though. The student bars up on North Hill are pretty OK but everywhere else after dark is terrifying.
I miss the White Rabbit.
The council knocked down The Hub last year so our biggest venue that isn't pavilions is The Junction which has a pre-covid capacity of less than 200. They had a seated show at the weekend which the police showed up to check was all within whatever the restrictions were that hour.

I work with the nutters, most of mine are alright really, not many jobs where you can meet a wizard and two different messiahs the same day.
Out the 235000 population about 1,500 are under the CMHT or recovery teams, this doesn't include anyone in medium-long term recovery units, under the complex needs/drug and alcohol services (loving loads under the latter unsurprisingly), personality disorder team, youth/young adult services or who are GP only, or haven't come across the mental health radar at all.

The smackheads tend to puddle in a few areas, like the 'bottom of town' (not like there's anything there anyway as most of it has been flattened). Always good to walk along Mutley on a Monday morning around 9am and see more people absolutely annihilated than on Saturday night.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 12, 2020

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Ratjaculation posted:

It's past Exeter, so its all 'up north' to me.

If this was Facebook I'd give this post a heart react

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Bobby Deluxe posted:

got a cough and heaviness in my chest lads

Me too, got antibiotics/steroids as it's my bi-annual chest infection but still had to do the test just in case. Results came back earlier, negative thankfully. Test wasn't exactly fun but much easier and faster than I was expecting,done in 30 secs.
Everyone's got some sort of of cold or flu at work atm but no covid cases have cropped up yet.
One of our docs says one of the key symptoms that gives it away is loss of smell, that's the most common thread he's experienced with patients that have ended up positive

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Ratjaculation posted:

Always nice driving home as I go past Rattery

I can't go past without saying it in James Hetfield voice

Rattery
Rat ter ry.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Just drove past Rattery on the way home from Bloodstock and did the needful Hetfield voice.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Does anyone remember who did the Billy Elliott pisstake where a kid in a northern town wants to become a miner in a town full of burly ballet dancers?
Harry Enfield/Vic and Bob/Fast Show era I think, or might have been Big Train?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
The Python sketch is good, but this was very specific to the point it may have even had "Elliot Billy" as the title, which makes it tough to search.

It's probably pretty poorly aged by now, but it's one of those "it will bother me until I remember/find it" things. Like Stopit and Tidyup.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Gasmask posted:

that MP sketch is loving brilliant to be fair

vic and bob did do a billy elliott pisstake but it doesn't sound like what you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-ASY9X1dU

I remember this one, perhaps this is what my 90s addled brain is on about and I made up the other thing

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
We've been watching old celebrity masterchef on iplayer and I'm mildly outraged they had Jim "Vic Reeves" Moir and Ulrika in the same season but put them in different groups so their paths never crossed.
Jim Moir's "MeMoir" semi-autobiography is a good read, it's utterly impossible to tell what is and isn't bullshit.

It was fun trying to explain to my Hungarian partner what Bez is, in a different season of masterchef:
"er... he sometimes played maracas and did all the drugs"

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Do they do vegemite ones for full Australia crossover potential?

hot cross cunts

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Switzerland posted:

misread that as M&Ms Marmite and thought... croikey!

Probably would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
burgr

I'm glad our bin day was Tuesday tbh.
Weather seems determined to be poo poo for my annual leave though