Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I found this thread because someone mentioned Snape came there from here on a trolling mission. At first I felt defensive about everyone calling it the bad thread but now I understand.

I will vote on the cakes but I would happily eat each and every one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

CancerCakes posted:

Maugrim you do good stuff, and I appreciate you and your deeds

now tell us what you had for lunch

Everytime someone says they will vote on cakes I get excited, then remember I chose a loving stupid forums name

:cheers:

I give cancer a 0/10 and cakes a 9/10 which means you get an overall score of 4.5, must try harder

My lunch these days usually consists of whatever is left over from my kids' plates after they eat one bite of everything. Today it was quiche and a pork pie and some mini cheddars and some lettuce.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Thanks for the reminder about queen's gambit, I want to watch that. I used to play on the school chess teams. I wasn't any good, but I really like the game.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Lady Demelza posted:

No pizza here, but I made a beetroot and feta quiche (does anyone but me eat quiche any more?) and then a batch of berry muffins that I ended up chucking in the bin. The paper cases had welded themselves onto them and it was like peeling wallpaper, coming off in thin strips and leaving stubbon pieces behind. Not worth the effort for a crappy cake.

Sorry about your muffins. And yes I love a quiche. Store bought is okay but a big homemade salmon and broccoli one is a proper delicacy.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Salisbury Snape posted:

Unistalled and reinstalled, seems to be fine now.

Yes this happened to me too and I resolved it the same way. I assumed it was my phone because Feedly did the same. I assume you're not using an Oppo phone?

E: Feedly app is doing it again now. I am very confused as to what would cause this

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 23, 2021

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Salisbury Snape posted:

I could load parts, but when I tried to view individual threads it force closed the app. First time I've had issues to be fair.
Im on android, specifically a Huawei p30 pro

Yep this is the exact issue I had, that's weird as gently caress. Might go and ask in the awful app thread

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Yo Snape, the crash started happening to me again this morning so I finally sought out the Awful app thread and they linked this. Haven't tried it yet but it's worked for others.

E: actually ignore the above, they've rolled out a hotfix for Chrome and Webview so just make sure those are up to date and the issue should be fixed!

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 23, 2021

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
The number of UK goons who are alcoholics has been pretty eye opening for me. Neither I nor much of my family has ever been big drinkers

I drink port or Heering in small quantities when I really feel like pushing the boat out. And then regret it the next day anyway because it aggravates my IBD.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I've heard CC's 'chicken' pies are the best in London

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I would love to be able to afford a Tesla, they're cool cars.

E: except when they're roasting people alive obvs. But I'm sure that's not very often

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Can one of you at GSTT please find out what they just called me about, I'm waiting for a date for my cochlear implant op but they keep trying to reach me by the phone which I am too deaf to use

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Steakandchips posted:

It takes half a morning to get a CBT and ten minutes to buy a £1000+ reliable Japanese 125CC motorcycle.

Get it done if you want to come.

I feel like cock & balls torture would not have a positive effect on your motorcycle riding prowess, but who am I to judge

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Maugrim posted:

Can one of you at GSTT please find out what they just called me about, I'm waiting for a date for my cochlear implant op but they keep trying to reach me by the phone which I am too deaf to use

Oh poo poo they called back and I got my wife to answer and apparently I'm having the surgery next Friday. Cool! But also (relevant to toilet chat) bricking it a little.

Imma be a cyborg

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Ratjaculation posted:

That's a good outlook pal, fingers crossed they keep going in a good direction

Laptop is a no go for now, so missed invoicing deadline. Frugal month ahead. No more ring pulls on my tinned food 😩

Remember the solidarity fund can help tide you over in such circumstances

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
A good pork pie is a godly food. David Sheppard butchers in Coleford does the best I've ever had, no jelly, lovely pastry, beautifully seasoned meat. Worth a trip if anyone lives near there.

Not knowing what a pork pie is makes you sound suspiciously un-British. :raise:

E: I read somewhere that cat food sold in this country has to be fit for human consumption so I imagine there is very little if any difference between the worst grades of "human" food and your standard tin of Choice Chunks in Gravy.

I have tried a Fray Bentos exactly once out of curiosity. Never again

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 2, 2021

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Camrath posted:

Yeah, I had to clean ours out a few weeks back as we’d not used it over winter.

While better than it could have been, it was still pretty loving gross.

I've had to do this twice because I get lazy with the testing/chemicals and then it gets to the point I'm scared to check it lol. It's a pain but we are still looking forward to getting it set up again next time the weather turns nice.

In general I find a weekly filter change and pH balance is perfectly fine but the chlorine level needs checking every couple of days and its degradation rate is highly dependent on the temperature you keep the tub at.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
If you rate a thread again does it overwrite your previous rating? I guess it must do

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Fix it yourself and then congratulate them completely sincerely on the excellent job they did

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Gasmask posted:

ate at a pub before it rained. watched a canalboat go through a lock.

good daye

That is a good day. I have a lot of childhood nostalgia for canal boats.

I drove to Morden to pick up some super cheap decking offcuts for the hot tub and got a parking ticket which made them considerably less cheap. :(

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Had my op, I'm now on the recovery ward and part cyborg

This pressure bandage on my head is giving me a proper headache

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

goatface posted:

Have you got a full external cable one?

If you're talking to me the external processor should arrive in the post in the next few weeks I hope.

Will have an appointment to be activated :awesomelon: in about a month

Makes me feel like a sleeper cell agent. I hope Prof Jiang is a secret revolutionary communist

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

It's a thing apparently, my wife makes it too.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm on antibiotics since my surgery and taking ibuprofen on and off and have preexisting IBD, my guts loving hate me right now.

But at least I don't have coeliac disease. Already had to give up porridge for breakfast, you'll pry toast from my cold dead hands.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
My tea algorithm is quite sophisticated these days, run through the following in order

Is it the 1st cuppa of the morning? Milky Chai
Have I just done something strenuous or stressful that involved going outside? Yorkshire Tea
Second cuppa (and it's still morning)? Ceylon
Lunchtime and I'm looking for an excuse to procrastinate? Yorkshire
Around 4pm and I'm looking for an excuse to eat biscuits? Earl Grey
Feel like pampering myself? Rose Congou
Digestion playing up? Peppermint or Jasmine
Feeling a bit rough? Green
Feeling a bit rough and it's too late at night to justify drinking caffeine? Lemon and ginger
gently caress this stupid system I just want a cuppa? Yorkshire

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Had my second jab today, decided I felt well enough after my surgery last week. :toot:

Bafflingly they've booked my first hearing "rehab" appointment as a virtual one, despite the fact that my implant won't have been activated yet. I assume they are planning on telling me a load of stuff I already know plus more "expectation management" in advance of switch-on day.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

fridge corn posted:

I like the rain :)

Me too but a lot of people's joints get super creaky in this kind of weather, especially those with ME/CFS or other forms of chronic pain. My sympathies to those people ITT

I especially like the rain because it saves me watering the garden

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
We did too, it was very much a 70s thing I guess.

E: not that I'm a 70s kid but that carpet was definitely a legacy from before my time. Come to think of it my granny had carpets in bathrooms too.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
My alarm is a 5 year old poking me in the head, have only slept through that one a few times. And yet I persist in procrastinating bedtime

Good luck minicurve

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Mmm yes my wife has a number of tattoos and she is definitely extremely vain and exactly the kind of person who would get a personalised number plate.

No, wait, the opposite. What the gently caress are you two on about.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

NotJustANumber99 posted:

so imagine someone is pointing out their new tattoo. now imagine there is no tattoo, they're just pointing at themselves and saying look! similialy imagine they've turned up with a scruffy bit of paper with something scribbled on it insisting you look at it.... oh yes very nice, anyway...

In my experience people don’t really do this (say hey look at my cool new tattoo) - it’s more of a personal significance thing? If you’re getting something permanently inked on your body it’s either because you like having cool pretty things on you (as lc says like clothes or jewellery) or because it gives you a connection to a memory you value. Though I suppose there will be people who get a tat specifically so they can tell other people all about it. Takes all sorts.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Newton found a pretty good approximation of a description of what gravity does, Einstein figured out the more accurate description and came up with some speculation on how it does what it does, and so far he seems to have got it mostly right but we are still hashing out the fine detail

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

cynic posted:

I dunno can we judge the person who I see round here sometimes who has a three digit plate that is probably valued at round 200k?

Also I got a little cold virus just in time for the bank holiday yaaaay. (probably not covid I hope - no temperature, cough is almost non-existant, just sniffly, headache and exhausted, but I'm going to stay in just in case)

Probably worth getting tested. You’ve just listed the top symptoms of delta variant for vaccinated people (headache/runny nose/sore throat). Official guidance unfortunately hasn’t been updated with that info but yeah

E: it’s still probably just a cold of course!

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 29, 2021

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

cynic posted:

I've got a test ordered as of last night, but was feeling a lot better this morning anyway.

Glad to hear it! My youngest is snotty and coughy so we all did home tests before going to a family gathering today. All negative so at least when everyone gets covid it probably won’t be because of us :v:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Did we have family gatherings as a thing before covid or is it only now we use that terminology?

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve always had them, got a large extended family scattered around the country and abroad that gets together when the matriarch has a big birthday or funeral or whatever

Okay now that she’s dead we have them less often.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Tesco finest vanilla chai.

E: I started boycotting Twinings because they switched their 50-bag boxes of chai to 20 bag "luxury" boxes that cost more. Apparently they realised their error eventually because they're back to the 50s now but it's too late, the Tesco's own brand stuff is cheaper and better

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 3, 2021

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Early morning tip

Christ man, I didn't need to see that. Wear proper PJs

NotJustANumber99 posted:

There's a queue

:gonk:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Accuse the dog

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm still waiting for the nice bit to kick in 5 years after my first. My boss said they start getting vaguely fun to hang out with at around 6 so hopefully not much longer to wait.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm about 500 quid in credit on my energy account currently so I guess that will soften the blow for a month or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think I've misunderstood. He had that appointment but doesn't have a name yet and if he wants a different appointment is 3 months wait, your neck of the woods, Bristol.

I suggest he chooses a name then, what the hell is he waiting for

To the person who was asking if their energy supplier account credit would carry over, yes it should as long as you let Ofgem manage the handover to your new supplier and don't try to mess with cancelling/registering with someone else on your own initiative. We were with People's Energy who were one of the first to bite the dust, apparently we're with British Gas now.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 22, 2021