Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Is this your lunch box ratty

That was the lunchbox I had when I was at primary school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am English and like the UKMT thread and Jose said this thread was a coool place to chat so I decided to join in!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Many thanks Fridge Corn and Feedmegin :)

My favourite thing about EVE is just relaxing to the in game music and mining asteroids. It was so pretty and really good at making me feel chilled out.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dysgenesis posted:

Wtf is happening in this thread. I wanted to post about sandwiches but there are too many new people making posts and now my sandwich chat is too late.

I would like to hear about your sandwiches.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think the original Star Wars trilogy is OK and am not keen on the prequel trilogy but I love the new trilogy. I have not read any of the books or seen any of the cartoons, but I have played a few of the games (Jedi academy ii and the force unleashed). I occupy a strange place in Star Wars fandom.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I used to live in Bristol and I miss it a lot.
I have not really been in any Spoons though because I am not a drinker.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is raining outside and the sky is a little dark. I wish it would snow.
One thing I loved about living abroad was seasonal weather.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I still remember the day I found out your bolognese recipe was a joke red text.
Sad days.

Though I think whoever is handing out the red texts in the UKMT thread is a comic genius because they always make me grin!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Weather update: the rain has stopped and now it is sunny, meaning my pupper will have a much more pleasant walk!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Here is the pupper sleeping :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

I’m uncomfortable with the fact there are now 2 mods in here. Guess I won’t be talking about eating car park cheese anymore

I only mod games though and try to be mega fair all the time so please talk away about car park cheese.

Is that like the playground cheese in Diary of a Wimpy Kid?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jose posted:

i mod gbs so i'll be fair in the report queue but posts i find in the wild who knows

You definitely have the toughest moderating job. The most I get are people having meltdowns about sjws in gaming or telling people in the Pokemon go thread to kill themselves.

Gbs is so much more varied that I would not be able to do it well.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I own both a dog and several cats. They are a whole load of cuties!
One cat in particular is way more needy than my dog too.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can you buy ex-government cars like the Blues Brothers did when they got their own police car?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Today, for me, it is bright and sunny after an evening of sheer howling.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vitamins posted:

i like video games av, kirby owns

fridge corn posted:

Videogames has the best avs. I wish I could have a cool av like videogames

Thank you both :D (Kirby avs seem to be the ones that people like on me most of all, except the Luigi death stare loop I had for a while).

This is my halloween av:

I think I will need to offer certs again for people to help create seasonal versions. I can only think of Christmas. I suppose a summer one with sunglasses and a straw at the front or something!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am introducing Lady Videogames to Spaced! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Nice.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
A good sleep was had!

Last night my sister came back from A&E with a severe neck injury, so to cheer her up I played some Uncharted 1 (which I am working my way through.) She likes to watch adventure games and we were having a chuckle at old Nathan Drake.

(She watched me complete all the tomb raiders and loved to give input.) It was really nice and I hope it made her feel a little bit better!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
They scracth that tomb raider itch, which is her favourite game so they get a plus sized thumb up from me!

Plus it sort of gives me an incentive to finally get round to Last of Us.

Ratjaculation posted:

I got my PS4 with Uncharted trilogy and 4, and I just can’t get into 1. It’s so much shooty shooty snore snore. 2 is better. 3 is great. 4 is literally perfect. Imo.

I look forward to all of this :D

MikeCrotch posted:

i like playing crusader kings ii with my gf, i deal with the wars, she advises me on people

hope your sister gets better soon

Thank you. She has torn all of the ligaments in it and I am surprised her head is still attached.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Keen thread readers should already be aware that my current game is Prey (2017) which is excellent imo

Oh my word yes. Yes yes yes. Prey is a wonderful revelation of a game! I always pined for system shock III and basically, well there it is :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jose posted:

jesus what did she do

She went go karting and spun off intro the tyres. Her kart got stuck and they put up the flags to go slow.

Before one of the attendants reached her, some incredible dickhead sped into her kart from the down ramp so fast he nearly flipped her kart and caused her some insane whiplash. Very angry about that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Wtf that's insanely hosed up

It is horrible :(

Quote-Unquote posted:

wow, what a loving twat. can she sue?

I am not sure. I will ask her to see what she is going to do about it (other than rest).

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh goodness, yeah Yodel are the worst. I once told a company that I would no longer do business with them unless they stopped sending stuff to me via Yodel.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My sister said:

"I'm not suing anyone. God, I'm not american."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jose posted:

Single?

She is! :D

She said "I'm not quite in the mood for dating.

So I said "Yeah, I get it. You're up to your neck in things."

She gave me a pained grin and told me off. I will cure her with comedy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is a brand new day and outside my window is a huge crane. Next door is some build works and I am getting Final Destination vibes from the wind and the position of the crane.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I too live in constant fear of heavy pieces of machinery falling on top of me

With what happened to my sister, anything could happen!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just tried the personality thing and I am apparently:

“THE MEDIATOR” (INFP-T)

Some of the awesome people I share this trait with are:

Lance Sweets from Bones (Easily the best character on the show! :D)
Amelie from Amelie (A lovely beautiful film!)
Fox Mulder (I was an x files nut when I was younger!)

Hooray! I like those results!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Hey there INFP buddy!

Heck yes :D Wanna go solve some myserious case files using forensics in Paris?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Large girders keep swinging past awfully close to my window and I am panicking more than I should. I would not have an issue if the guys doing the buildwork had not (a few weeks earlier during the snow) filled next door with space heaters, causing the snow to melt, flood the top floor and collapse it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Do you not feel an urge to time it just right and jump out onto the nearest girder? Given your username.

That must be why I have a big mallet next to me!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jose posted:

video games what games do you play and what consoles do you own

I own a PS4, a Switch and a gaming pc.
Currently on PS4 I am playing Uncharted, Diablo3, Witcher3, Prey.
On Switch I am playing Sparkle (It is basically Luxor and I love those sorts of things) and Mario Odyssey.
On PC I am playing Minecraft and TeamFortress2!

(These are the games I recall, I am always bouncing around between different things. I love playing video games!)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Feeling peppy today! I might do some writing later :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

videogames add me herr_pink on psn and we can diablo some time! Also if there's any item you need I probably have a spare!

I must remember to do this! :D

fridge corn posted:

ive been really itching to write something lately but I don't have a working computer to write anything on and handwriting is a massive chore :(

What sort of stuff do you write videogames?

I like to write off beat comedy, detective fiction, and ramblings on things I love (Video games, movies, tv shows, music and books - so pretty much all media!) :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Marmaduke! posted:

Hilda Watermelon

That is one of the best protagonist names I have ever heard! I love stuff like that!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It sure is a morning!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like to sample as many foods as I can.

Off the top of my head the nicest steak I have ever had was on the Royal Yacht in Jersey.

The nicest burger I ever ate was at Hamburg Airport in a chain called Cindy's Diner (really surprised me just how good it was and I have often wished I could have one again).

The nicest dessert I have ever had was a homemade White Chocolate cheesecake made by the owner of a nice pub that I know of where my sister in law works.

The nicest gnocchi I have ever had was at a different pub where when you have meat you go to a little deli counter and pick how much and what kind you want.

So tasty!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

fridge corn posted:

VideoGames if you get any reports of me from the final fantasy thread I do apologise

Thank you for the heads up, I have not gone to see the reports yet (I only just got home) but I will take it under advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really liked the resolution of Dr. Strange. It was really neat that he figured out the best way to defeat the villain was to annoy him for eternity.

I like the marvel films a lot because of how much fun they are. Iron Man 3 is probably my favourite, followed by Spider-Man Homecoming and then probably a tie between Thor: Ragnarok or Guardians of the Galaxy II.