Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

(Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)

Synopsis
In the kingdom of Tanbarun lives Shirayuki, an independent and strong-willed young woman. Her resourceful intelligence has led her become a skilled pharmacist, but her most defining trait is her shock of beautiful apple-red hair. Her dazzling mane gets her noticed by the prince of the kingdom, but instead of romancing her, he demands she be his concubine. Shirayuki refuses, chops off her lovely locks, and runs away to the neighboring kingdom of Clarines. There, she befriends a young man named Zen, who, SURPRISE, is also a prince, although with a much better temperament than the previous one. Watch as Shirayuki finds her place in the new kingdom, and in Zen’s heart.

(Source: FUNimation)

Main Cast

Shirayuki

An up-and-coming herbalist whose red hair is highly unusual. Due to several incidents involving her hair (including the prince of Tanbarun requesting that she become his concubine), Shirayuki abandons her shop in the middle of the night. She escapes into the forest to meet...

Zen Wistalia

Zen is the second prince of the neighboring kingdom Clarines, who has an accidental encounter with Shirayuki after jumping a little too enthusiastically over a fence. After clearing up some things with Prince Raj (and getting poisoned in the process - don't worry, he's fine), he officially hires Shirayuki as a palace pharmacist of Clarines. Princely Aura: 10/10.

Kiki (blonde) and Mitsuhide (blue)

Zen's two aides who accompany him everywhere. Mitsuhide is more polite and forgiving of Zen's antics, while Kiki refrains from pleasantries and cuts straight to the point. Kiki is the best.

Obi

A hired assassin who switches sides after meeting Shirayuki and Zen.

Other Characters

Prince Raj

Beauty and grace personified.

Ryuu

A new pharmacist that Shirayuki meets. He's pretty accomplished for his age.

So what's in it for me if I watch this show?

A mix of ACTION!

DISOBEYING ROYALTY!

NICE SCENERY!

and the most important of all... DRUGS! of which there's a disappointingly small amount of .gifs

oh yeah, there's romance too. see: the entire show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As the person responsible for 2 NON 2 BIYORI and Neon Genesis Code Gundam WEED: Legend of the Galactic Space Twitter let me just say: the title is awful.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

The Devil Tesla posted:

As the person responsible for 2 NON 2 BIYORI and Neon Genesis Code Gundam WEED: Legend of the Galactic Space Twitter let me just say: the title is awful.

Yeah, it is. :effort: As you could probably tell, I was too busy focusing on finding .gifs.

If a mod could change it or something to just "Snow White with the Red Hair," that'd be cool. I wouldn't want to discourage people from watching this good show :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You must live with your shame.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
As long as more people check out the show, I don't really mind!

I'm pretty happy with the adaption so far, especially with all the details that it adds. The most blatant example that comes to mind is the beginning of the first episode - we never really see Shirayuki's life before the escape in the manga.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've had the manga on my reading list forever but hadn't got around to it so when the anime was announced I decided to watch it instead and so far that has been a good choice because the show is quite pretty. It's nice to have a story with a fantasy setting where the plot doesn't revolve around saving the world and/or kingdom (assuming this one doesn't take on anything like that later). I like the romance but I'm also OK with it being a slice of life with Shirayuki figuring out her place in her new home.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, probably going to do that tonight.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I warned you to just post without a joke title, I told you bro.

When viggy nash is advocating a thread title, it prob isn't funny.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I should have listened, Namtab. I really should have. oh well.

Everything Burrito posted:

I've had the manga on my reading list forever but hadn't got around to it so when the anime was announced I decided to watch it instead and so far that has been a good choice because the show is quite pretty. It's nice to have a story with a fantasy setting where the plot doesn't revolve around saving the world and/or kingdom (assuming this one doesn't take on anything like that later). I like the romance but I'm also OK with it being a slice of life with Shirayuki figuring out her place in her new home.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, probably going to do that tonight.

I'll assure you right now that there's no saving the world portion of the plot. The show is too relaxed for that, and I'm glad to have it that way! The fantasy setting is also a really nice excuse to have/draw fancy outfits. It's no Otoyomegatari, but it'll do.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

I warned you to just post without a joke title, I told you bro.

When viggy nash is advocating a thread title, it prob isn't funny.

:colbert:

He's half right though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like how this show takes the non-melodramatic option: Something's wrong with Shirayuki!? Instead of collapsing or being super ill she just needs to take a nap haha.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

I like how this show takes the non-melodramatic option: Something's wrong with Shirayuki!? Instead of collapsing or being super ill she just needs to take a nap haha.

Oh, is the episode out? I was going to repost the thread with a better title haha, since there hasn't been that much traffic.

I'll watch the new one when I get home. :shobon:

e: revamped thread up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734792&perpage=40

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 5, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe you can just get the title changed instead of starting over from scratch.

edit: haha whoops, just saw the new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Too late. Oops!

I did add new info to the op at least.

• Locked thread