Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The other cardinal sin of Omega Strain was that you didn't start with the taser and had to unlock it.

Those monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
The MGS5 moment was beautiful.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Worth noting btw, if you played the SF2 demo of that train section as a kid and that was literally all you knew about this series before now, it still pretty much told you everything important about the first game and up to where you were. Syphon Filter's a virus, Lian's infected, and the Agency would turn on you. Boom, first game is now totally irrelevant.

....And yes, I am not afraid to admit I literally haven't played that demo in fifteen years but the moment I walked into this thread I remembered everything from it. Including the NVG effect mode.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Psion posted:

no, I'm not. I think you need to go back and start with the first mission in syphon filter 1 and bring that level of quality glitchiness and demonic Rhoemer to every video you've ever made.

ever.

:colbert:

Including ORC.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I maintain after watching it (and listening to Dragoon bitch about it for two straight hours over Skype one time) that it had a lot of neat ideas. They just happened to be in a terrible game, that's all.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I know the :magical: part was indeed :magical:, but I honestly gotta say, my favorite part about Lune videos is his music choices. Detective Conan and PSO in the same video? It's like that time he threw Burning Rangers into RE6. I love all of it.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I thought that was Teresa. And usually Gabe.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Mara is clearly the Revolver Ocelot of this series. I expect the end of this game will also involve her having some sort of shady deal going down with yet another larger shadowy power.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

XavierGenisi posted:

If the Taser were canonically present, that black site would be nothing more than a smoldering pile of ash.

Well, you know what they say. "Only those who are prepared to have their souls ripped from their bodies and immolated for all time should work in secret women's prisons" or something like that. Might've paraphrased a little.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
The M-79 is a glutton compared to the Taser's fine choices of souls and suffering. M-79 thrives on death and destruction, but the Taser gains power through a much deeper form of torment.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Dammit Lune, don't make us wait another week! If you want to show the taser raping and pillaging the world, then believe me when I say no one will argue with you about it!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Gabe is just the most amazing.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

FTFY.

Oh god. I just remembered that in Omega Strain, the US President & Gabe Logan have close dealings with each other, like the Prez FULLY supports him in his endeavours.

And all of the :stonk: things he will do and have access to. Maybe Armstrong is President in the Syphon Filter verse.....

Gabe played college ball, y'know?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
There have been worse ideas made into games that were then made into movies. At least with Syphon Filter, it's already dumb enough to be hilarious. All they'd need is to actually have The Taser set someone on fire and they'd be set.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

I can't stop listening to this song. Lune, I am hereby requesting you make some sort of edited version of this song that adds in him shouting "LOGAN!!!" at key points. Please.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

I don't know how to remix audio and do it well, though :(

Says the guy who edits pure magic into his videos. To clarify my request, I'm just asking for that same song with you editing "LOGAN!!!" in as sound effects.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

Hey derek loving hell now I'm taking this Rhoemer thing too seriously and you opened a floodgate of ideas.

*Takes a bow* I aim to please.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Taser the things! TASER ALL THE THINGS!!!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Oh my god what happened to Gabe's face

There is no fridge there is only LOGAN

Edit: I am so loving glad I asked you to make that song, Lune. I really am.

Derek Barona fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 25, 2015

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

paragon1 posted:

There's been a lot of respiratory sickness going around Lunethex. Get yourself checked out if you haven't already. We can't afford to lose you to the virus! :byodood:

Oh god, I thought I just caught a cold!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

RealSovietBear posted:

When you said "It keeps disconnecting for some reason" at 29:15, I was hoping for an error message to pop up "Taser lost connection and is attempting to reconnect" with some horrible nightmarish 56K modem sounds to accompany the screams.

....Lune, you know what you must do now.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

I really have to say I appreciate the effect Rhoemer has had on people both in and outside of this thread :unsmith:

LOGAN!!!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

I'm actually really curious where people found it really funny, like what video and edit was there that really sold people on LOOOOOOOOGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! because at first I just did it because it was a thing that had to happen but I never thought it'd take off, I was just accepting Psion's challenge of Rhoemer in every video. Then SF2's last episode happened and people were loving that so maybe it was that one :D

Honestly, I found the whole "Ghost of Rhoemer" thing funny the first time, and had it stopped there, it would've been an amusing joke you did once and we'd move on. But then you kept going with it, and it just got funnier each time because you found ways to make it funny without being repetitive. The Russian Disco episode with the grenade was the point where I first started shouting LOGAN!!! on my own, though.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

JT Jag posted:

Just caught up with the thread. It's great. My one bit of input:

The Air Taser steals people's souls, of course. The Hand Taser just strips from its victims the ability to feel joy ever again.

Of course it does. You didn't think that "80,000 volts of neural chaos" bit was talking about them being electrocuted, did you?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

FinalGamer posted:

Rhoemer is Logan's archenemy for all time.

ONLY Logan. His presence exists in everywhere else, but only Gabe shall ever hear his voice calling for him from the fifth circle of hell. So yeah, I think it's best to be consistent with the LOOOOOOGAAAAN as for being just for Logan.

This, really. He will try to murder everyone Logan cares about, but only Gabe can hear the call.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
This is Something Awful, "good" is an incredibly subjective term that rarely applies to anyone here.

Now let us pray to The Almighty Taser together as it incinerates another unbeliever.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

i'm crying

roboky, jade

how are you two the way you are

why aren't one of you hosting this LP instead

edit: thread over, Episode 9 has been beaten. I have to say it. I can't believe this. This is without a doubt, and literally, the most magically amazing thing I've ever done & been a part of. i don't see how I can continue after this. it's impossible

:magical:

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about anymore, Lune. And it makes me want this update more. Take it away, Sinistar.

"I HUNGER!"

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
That was the absolute best, Lune. What was that song you had playing at the end?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

azren posted:

I don't even hear the videos anymore. All I hear is "Rhomer," "LOGAN," "EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!"

To be fair, why would you WANT to hear anything else?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

edit: I've been meaning to mention I noticed Coolguye is also yelling out LOGAN when Rhoemer shows up. I am happy with this series of events.

I dare anyone to not at least have the urge to do so after watching this LP. Like seriously, this LP has forever ruined me to the notion of taking this series even the least bit seriously anymore and it's all thanks to Rhoemer and LOGAN!!!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I cannot stop loving laughing. Goddammit, Lune.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Thank you guys. Really, this series would not be nearly as entertaining as it is without you guys.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
So, this has been bugging me for awhile. Did we miss a chapter somewhere, or did Mujari's testimony just sorta loving stop cold at some point?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
That's kinda what I figured happened, yeah.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
None of your images ever seem to show up for me, Lune.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
This is it, this is happening now.

So, dunno if anyone's been visiting the FFX thread, but there's been at least one or two discussions about James Arnold Taylor's chops as a VA, and while Tidus might not seem that impressive to most people's ears, well, he's got kind of a better range than that. I'm okay with him as Gabe so far.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Also, those news shots are actually legitimately really interesting to browse through. There's a bigger picture here that you don't necessarily get to see from just playing the game, and it's neat to look at the reports and see the edges of the pieces just within sight through the fog.

And that Alex Birchim guy who seems to be trying to run some kind of political game against the Agency will never be a serious issue, I'm sure.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Lune, all you need to do is just make everyone shut up whenever Stone's talking, because holy loving poo poo Roy Campbell is loving amazing as a roughneck southern Stone Cold Steve Austin style government agent.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Goddammit, Lune. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

T.A.S.E.R. probably just stands for Taser tAser taSer tasEr taseR

I will accept your headcanon, good sir.