Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

Let's just say this in regards to the second trilogy. Logan's Shadow contains the following exchange.

"Dammit, Gabe, you're not using a warhead to open that door."

"I'm not using the entire warhead"

Just in case you still had any doubts about doing them.

Lunethex, do the second trilogy in this thread with my communist blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

Let's just say this in regards to the second trilogy. Logan's Shadow contains the following exchange.

I am convinced these games are some of the best dumb action movies ever made.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hmm, a Syphon Filter video game movie adaptation. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this one would probably be okay

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
There have been worse ideas made into games that were then made into movies. At least with Syphon Filter, it's already dumb enough to be hilarious. All they'd need is to actually have The Taser set someone on fire and they'd be set.

Molly Millions
Jan 27, 2011

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
If it was me directing it, I'd have it be an ordinary taser but then in one scene when he uses it in a tense situation some improbable chain of events leads to its victim being coincidentally set on fire in just such a way that it saves the day.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's coming :allears:

When I edit video time just flies by like nothing. It's like drawing except I can't draw on paper. Anyway the video will definitely be ready for tomorrow (assuming a certain YouTube specific issue doesn't arise too much) and I will post before I go to work :D

Also whoever can get me the Syphon Filter 3 manual stuff please make it happen!

(psst right-click the picture and open link)

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Lunethex posted:

It's coming :allears:

When I edit video time just flies by like nothing. It's like drawing except I can't draw on paper. Anyway the video will definitely be ready for tomorrow (assuming a certain YouTube specific issue doesn't arise too much) and I will post before I go to work :D

Also whoever can get me the Syphon Filter 3 manual stuff please make it happen!

(psst right-click the picture and open link)

ArchWizard posted:

I have the manuals and I have a working scanner. It's working right now, in fact. It'll be just a few minutes and then I'll upload them to an Imgur album.

Edit: Here's album 1 and this is album 2. I didn't split them up that way; Imgur did.
:colbert:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Oh. I was expecting a PM that never came then. I did not see you edited your post, sorry :(

Also that is High Quality. drat.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

"Implantation"
"Severe Burns"

:lol:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 13, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I wanted everyone to enjoy the manuals. They're very nice manuals.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

:allears: Never change, Gabe. Never change.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Update 11 - One Man Army

Syphon Filter Episode 13 - New York Streets|(50:54)
The Agency and the local police force are both hot on Logan's trail, each side tearing at each other like dogs to get at him. With Lian's vaccine in tow and a chopper waiting for him, he makes his way through the streets. the sewers, and all the MiBs the elemental plane of goons has to offer blocking his path for an ultimate showdown...

I'm glad I've been able to play this game for all of you. I'm going to take a break for the next week and we'll be back the following week. I have some things coming in the mail and then AssCreed Syndicate is coming out. Look forward to the third and final game of this first trilogy! It's going to kick rear end. I hope you all appreciate the new microphone I picked up for this LP. I actually used the wrong setting (it still sounds fine) I intended but that will sort itself out over time.

I also finalized my plan for Omega Strain: Each update will do what I'm doing here, for example all the Michigan levels in one video. Then, after I show the "regular play," we're going into the CheatVerse and levitating, noclipping, and speedhacking for 100% of the objectives. By doing this we'll see all the game has to offer easily and be able to point out its flaws, shortcomings, etc. It might make the game short, but we'll see. I haven't actually run through the entire game yet to leave myself some imagination :v:

~Dossiers

~Equipment Database

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 13, 2015

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
That was a good way to end the game. Rhoemer's spirit will forever haunt Gabe.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Beautiful. :)

Looking forward to number 3!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Just like I remember that ending, 90's action movie as gently caress complete with "actually it is YOU who are the monster" speech. Even though you saw it coming it still works so well. Can't wait to see your reactions to 3!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Teresa's name DOES have the word "Taser" in it yanno ;) I mean she could well be the spirit of it gladly. She really shines through in this game and just gets more steadily awesome right to the very end.

I do not remember these many goons in the sewers but holy gently caress that parking lot section was always the most intense for me. Also a hell of a gently caress you boss fight for absolute murderising and one of my fave ending fights. Not a GREAT boss fight, but it's very cathartic.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Oh yeah, the sewers. I bet the reason you got so many goons at least on the way back from picking up the armor at the start was because dudes were set to spawn in when the PC ran past specific spots in the right direction and the devs misplaced the usual sanity check to avoid doing that more than once. It'd make sense as a won't fix type QA issue near crunch time, unfortunately.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Theresa, nooooo! We won.. but at what cost?

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
I knew you guys would love that final bonus video. It's the perfect capper for this game. Hope you enjoyed the final scene because 3 opens with the exact same scene but with newer character models and better graphics. Well, I wouldn't say better. You'll see.

SgCloud
Oct 30, 2011
The disco extra is just really incredible. I would play a game with Logan being an agency agent at day and aspiring to be the best disco dancer there ever was at night.

Could you post which music you used in the last video? I would also really like to know where the Rhoemer theme is from.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Teresa :smith:

You were too cool for this universe.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I don't know why but for some reason I remember that you had to use the M79 to push the final boss into the death zone. I also remember purposely running into it and flying off the building when I played this when I was younger.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The U(S)AS-12 rules and is a real gun! Thankfully it shows up more later in the series.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

SgCloud posted:

The disco extra is just really incredible. I would play a game with Logan being an agency agent at day and aspiring to be the best disco dancer there ever was at night.

Could you post which music you used in the last video? I would also really like to know where the Rhoemer theme is from.

Metal Gear May Cry Intro
Two Steps from Hell (Battlecry) - Victory My struggle in the sewers
Klezmer Party Rhoemer
Searren -type 386- Messing with Stevens
Painkiller - Kill My Boss Worm Fight

This game really is a lot like Metal Gear Solid when you think about it. MGS5 has all those moments where you can pull the trigger or not.

Teresa will do it for you if you don't :v:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Teresa, I'm already a Taser.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
That was a great run. Will you be showing off how multiplayer works and the arenas per chance?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Metal Gear May Cry Intro
Two Steps from Hell (Battlecry) - Victory My struggle in the sewers
Klezmer Party Rhoemer
Searren -type 386- Messing with Stevens
Painkiller - Kill My Boss Worm Fight

This game really is a lot like Metal Gear Solid when you think about it. MGS5 has all those moments where you can pull the trigger or not.

Teresa will do it for you if you don't :v:
Wow I can't believe my internal guess of Rhoemer's theme klezmers was right. I love that theme so much, it's charmingly disarming despite LOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAN

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

FinalGamer posted:

Wow I can't believe my internal guess of Rhoemer's theme klezmers was right. I love that theme so much, it's charmingly disarming despite LOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAN

He may be dead, but his eternal attempts of gunning for Logan will probably follow us into the 3rd game. And beyond.

Speaking of which, the 3rd game is the beginning of the Syphon Filter games I never finished. Never could get into Omega Strain, either. But that's all you, now, Lune, buddy, pal, friend, taser-wielder.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

I can't stop listening to this song. Lune, I am hereby requesting you make some sort of edited version of this song that adds in him shouting "LOGAN!!!" at key points. Please.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LOOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN is the funniest goddamn thing.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I don't know how to remix audio and do it well, though :(

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

I don't know how to remix audio and do it well, though :(

Says the guy who edits pure magic into his videos. To clarify my request, I'm just asking for that same song with you editing "LOGAN!!!" in as sound effects.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Phone posting:

I'm at work having a really lovely day. I read this thread and it instantly destresses me :)

I'll see what i can do when i get home on that rhoemer party.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
Would it be possible for a .gif wizard to make a growing/zooming-in Rhoemer-red-eyes gif a la the zooming in :pwn: pretty please?

E: LOOOOOOGANNNNN!!!!!!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'll post them just in case there is a generous soul in the thread.

Huh, I just noticed I missed a little spot on the transparent head image I use. Welp :downs:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Lune your editing work has been amazing and the sheer audacity/insanity of it is incredible.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Hey derek loving hell now I'm taking this Rhoemer thing too seriously and you opened a floodgate of ideas.

Oh god what am I doing to this single line from a 90s video game character :stare:

I don't know how but I've figured out a way to approach this, um, thing I'm doing. I'll...I'll uh...release this eventually I guess :stonk:

(note: I've only just begun but it's making sense in its own way)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:magical: Rhoemer Party :magical:

Thanks for being the best audience this game deserved, I hope you look forward to more of my shenanigans.

Also, I learned tonight I'll be having a new guest join us for the rest of the series. For how many videos is uncertain but he will be there :getin:

Things are just going to get zanier. I can't believe this LP was almost not a thing. This deserves to exist for all the silly poo poo that I am able to dissect :D

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Oh my god seek help for your insanity you amazing bastard.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Welp. You're officially insane.

I love you Lunethex. You're the best guy alive and I can't believe there was any way for you to make love this series even more than I already did. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Watching Lunethex play these games makes me really wish I played them at the time of release. Now I'm wondering why they didn't make a third trilogy for PS3 or something, did the second trilogy do badly?

• Locked thread