Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bajaha posted:

Pretty much. The Hyundai we bought was easy for the purchase, but what came next was a disaster. Parent's just bought a new forester and the experience wasn't bad, but it did take them 7 months for the car to actually come in the dealer after they ordered it.

Only new car that was pretty simple was my parents civic a couple years ago. Shopped around for a week or two, walked in on a Saturday and drove off the lot without even test driving one (although they did own a previous year civic that was written off, so they kinda had an idea of how it'll be)

Watched Inside Out last night, the family car in the movie is an old subaru forester, like the one I just bought :3:

Buying the Velostar was on you, dude.

Buying the Mazda2 took less than a week, sent an email to the dealer asking the OTD price, got the bank lined up, and drove up there. The Miata is just taking time, paying MSRP, but whatevs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pham Nuwen posted:

Prediction for a few days from now: "Oh gently caress oh gently caress there's a piss test, oh woe is me!"

I think he'll reveal that he's working at elementary schools again.

That said, I'm glad that he decided to not stay clean for 2 days because he would have missed out on some good blazing time if he had.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Adiabatic posted:

Met a chick off OKCupid and she's such a loving nerd and it's so awesome

I gave her her first ride on a motorcycle yesterday, on the first date. Tonight she's coming over to check out my telescope :smugdog:

Are you going to show her Uranus?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yay have a minor windfall coming soon. Gonna spend it all on SOME DANK rear end BUD YALL and rent.

going to actually pay off some outstanding debt and pick up another camera

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Slow is Fast posted:

Dont forget the gold blunt wraps

Gonna buy 2.5lbs bruhhhh

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

IOwnCalculus posted:

Any guesses on how many quarts cases of oil he goes through on the trip?

Two less than he needs.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sigma X posted:

I just made an appointment half an hour ago to have all-round tint put on my Fiesta and it's $355 for ceramic tint. I realize that prices change based on the market, but... your budget tint joint where they use dyed plastic film might be $99, but it's more for anything approaching quality film by a quality installer.

If you didn't go through John Marcum at Sun Shade & Security, you're doing it wrong. He charged like 200 or 250 for the 2 three years ago.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Leica: tell me about rangefinders.

I'm seriously considering picking up a Fuji X100T so I have less gear to drag along when I go to Japan next year.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Apologize for posting satire in the rwm thread.

(I want to believe)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Powershift posted:

How the bloody hell did ted cruz ever get elected? he's such a skeezy gross douchebag.

Sanders/biden vs trump/palin would be the best election.

He burned every single bridge he's ever crossed, which is great because the Texas political machine will definitely not go to bat for him if he loses his seat.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Congrats! You've found out why "the sharing economy" is bullshit and how scummy Uber is.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

This is going to stir some poo poo up: http://www.wired.com/2015/08/hackers-tiny-device-unlocks-cars-opens-garages/

Guy has a device to grab and/or disrupt rolling codes for garage doors AND most cars... implications are huge. Quick, easy and undetectable break ins, just for starters.

It's Wired, which is basically a rag for techno fetishism. Also vapor ware.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ughhhh tooled around on a Honda Trail 90 all weekend. The urge is strong to buy a dumb scooter for putting around town... Must... Resist...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey thread, I'm a huge child and only eat chicken fingers, pizza, and hot dogs.

I don't like beer because it tastes gross.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://youtu.be/-omR1rXcPrE

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It means something that you'd address your grandparents with. It's a title for an old person, in particular an old man.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Your avatar, dumbass

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
looks like speed racer is a shitlord lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

El Jebus posted:

Yes. Very much so. A seriously paranoid uncle on my wife's side sent us this and it works amazingly.

And for added enjoyment, the second page of paranoia! Wait, is it paranoia if it is true?

I didn't share it via email, FAX, or over the phone (or on it), so I think I'm good. You guys are cool though, right? You aren't cops are you? You have to tell me if you are.

discussing how to make iso isn't illegal, being in possession of is

if you're not eating weed, you're doing it wrong

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Remember, they gotta make you whole.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
A true Renaissance man: poo poo posting and basically creating a brand new chassis

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bape Culture posted:

Whereas you poo poo post and don't even have a car? Cool beans. Insanity indeed.

I don't have a car? News to me.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey guys, it's 2004 here are some pics of cars with big wheels and wings and hot chicks hheheheheheheheh

*takata_harness.jpg*

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nah, I'm right-side up on my bank note on my Hyundai Mazda2.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bape Culture posting game: try to determine whether or not he's sober.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

I cannot help looking and Hyundais and just seeing how many other car companies they ripped off in their design work. And Hyundais always seem to have trim pieces that are falling off.

The most naked rip off is of the Accord in the mid 2000s and the Sonata or whatever. All they did was like invert the trapezoidal shape of the tail lights.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I need to get a carbon seat post. :(

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
One of my girlfriend's peers was all aluminum uber alles and was a smidge away from ignoring me saying "aluminum bikes are loving rough and new people are better serviced by a steel frame".

My Trek is an aluminum frame with a carbon fork and an aluminum seat post. :qq:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

scuz posted:

In order to really tell the difference between the two, you'd have to ride a steel frame every day for like 20 miles a day then switch to the aluminium. The difference is so damned slight for my money that I'd rather have a feather-weight bike.

Go ride an aluminum bike with an aluminum seat post and get back to me. Also chromoly frames are now just as light as aluminum.

Every. Single. Road. Vibration.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BloodBag posted:

Seatpost chatte: I found that most of the road vibrations you feel are largely dependent on your wheels/tires. When I rode gatorskins on lovely mavic cxp22's the ride was harsh as gently caress, that's with carbon fork/seatpost. I changed to conti GP4000S on easton EA70's and it was like a whole different, much better riding bike.

I'll change the wheels around on bikes and find the lovely ride comes with the wheels and I can't even feel the difference in the frame. I'll put the oval concepts 978's (78mm carbon/alu clincher) with vredestein fortezza tricomps on my soul faith and the soul rides like poo poo. I put the eastons back on and it rides like a dream. Put the eastons on my all carbon fuji and it rides like a dream. Wheels/tires make such a huge difference in ride that I can't overstate it.

I have Mavic Open Sports (whichever one has the 105 hubs). Interesting about the wheels, though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It'll get stolen.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
And then promptly crashing it at a Cars and Coffee because some 16 year old girl sneezed but you thought she was winking at you, so you did a siqqq powerslide into a group of on-lookers.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Car was built on Wednesday. :keke:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ilkhan posted:

Oh. The same amount of HP as my new pedal bike.
Got it.

But you don't have a pedal bike? :confused:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mat_Drinks posted:

I'm eh enough on Tuna Sashimi that I don't get it because it's not worth the $$, but a few years back tried proper Salmon and if it's fresh it's super good and I highly recommend it.

Phone, out of curiosity, if the car was just built, what is ETA on delivery? And port of entry? Do they just take it to CA and train it across to you?

I ask because it seems like you should have it in a little over a month or so. My car (not a miata) was built in July, went from Germany to Houston and then came by train the rest of the way. I didn't ask for the boat information soon enough, but if you can find the boat name you can track it's progress on the Internet :3:

ETA on delivery is 30-40 days. It takes 2 weeks to go from Hiroshima to the west coast, and about 4 weeks to go from Hiroshima and through the Panama Canal. There are at least two east coast ports: Jacksonville and Baltimore, and it's put on a truck for the last leg of the trip. There are a bunch of people on mnet who are tracking boats coming out of Japan, so I might try to find that information in a few weeks.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Spent all morning getting poo poo notarized and did budget garbage. Yay being an adult or something.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was going to ask if the lesson learned was "trust no one; become a hermit".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Anyone have any hot tips for painting new wheels? Recommendations for paint that will hold up?

I'm thinking about buying some black RPF1s, wet sanding off the clear, hit it with VHT engine enamel, and clear them; leave the barrel black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightbulb Out posted:

You want to paint your black wheels black?

VHT has a gold paint. :p

• Locked thread