Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Imgur is a decent image host which for some ungodly reason has an active community. It is not a good community. It is a cesspit of racist, sexist, idiot neckbeards, who can only process any form of content by stripping it of any substance and reducing it to a handful of memes they know to automatically upvote/downvote.

Unfortunately since PYF is 90% poo poo ripped from imgur you've probably been there a lot. Post idiots on imgur here.

e: This thread is actually worse than imgur but post poo poo from imgur here anyway

Tetracube has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
You could just take pictures of 90% of the comments on imgur and post them to cringepics, really.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Part of me hopes that Camp Imgur will be as entertaining of a trainwreck as last year's DashCon, but since this event looks to be officially sanctioned by Imgur, I'm guessing it was probably organized by competent people. That said, bookmarking this thread.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PurpleButterfly posted:

Part of me hopes that Camp Imgur will be as entertaining of a trainwreck as last year's DashCon, but since this event looks to be officially sanctioned by Imgur, I'm guessing it was probably organized by competent people. That said, bookmarking this thread.

The organization is better (which is to say it exists at all) but the attendees are far worse. I'll be shocked if there aren't multiple sexual harassment incidents

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Tetracube posted:

The organization is better (which is to say it exists at all) but the attendees are far worse. I'll be shocked if there aren't multiple sexual harassment incidents

That's assuming women show up, which I doubt.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Tetracube posted:

Imgur is a decent image host which for some ungodly reason has an active community. It is not a good community. It is a cesspit of racist, sexist, idiot neckbeards, who can only process any form of content by stripping it of any substance and reducing it to a handful of memes they know to automatically upvote/downvote.

haha gooooooooon

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Tetracube posted:

Aren't the separating the camps by proffered gender pronouns, so they'll need like 7 different buildings? Plus grown adults in committed relationships have to sleep separately since its grade 5 again.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

kannonfodder posted:

Aren't the separating the camps by proffered gender pronouns, so they'll need like 7 different buildings? Plus grown adults in committed relationships have to sleep separately since its grade 5 again.

:dogbutton:

Holy genius loving chirst.

Mistyped jesus as genius so I just left it.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

kannonfodder posted:

"There are 9 villages, each with a varied number of open-faced (three walls and a ceiling) cabins that sleep 8 per cabin and a set of larger group tents. Campers will bring their own sheets, sleeping bags, pillows, blankets and toiletries... just like camp. Campers will also be assigned to their village and villages are separated based on gender identity. Sneaking out to mingle with other villages is highly encouraged."

Gross

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
How quickly we forget our own history. :gooncamp:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://imgur.com/gallery/WnwdOVO

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Literally every top comment calls out the idiocy, even though it's on the front page.

http://imgur.com/gallery/YNxPogB

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Yes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Sex work should be legal for women and men, sure.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Don't forget that there's no re-entry if you leave after you check in and no outside alcohol is allowed

it'll be the most fun a bunch of sober white people have had in the woods since the donner party

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This has always been a favorite of mine

I bet this guy is like the person in all those "Yeah, that's totally why I don't have a girlfriend" / "gently caress this gay earth" comics.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i hope imgur camp looks like this

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 06:54 on Aug 7, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Sex work should be legal for women and men, sure.

Thank god Nevada got one thing right.

Been waiting for someone to make this thread, ooh this is exciting.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet
I've been eagerly awaiting camp imgur since they first announced it god knows how many months ago. I know it's going to be a disappointment though, since it won't result in the immediate death of everyone in their so-called "community," myself included.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://imgur.com/gallery/tqIfU It begins

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

quote:

I hope you all can follow along at home if you want in the Camp Imgur topic! (Haters don't bother). I'm so excited!

Oh boy so are we. That poor little camp looks so nice right now if you ignore the idiot-art.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

There are at least two full busloads of white dudes going!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I see a few ladies, everyone looks clean, most people are a reasonably average weight, only a few neckbeards. Camp Imgur is disappointing me.

Really white crowd, though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fedora spotted.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Somebody needs to go Jason Voorhees on this camp.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They really like "Sarah" and i have no idea who she is.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Mans posted:

She's someone who works at imgur and actually posts on the forums? comments section? whatever.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

She's the community manager

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
She's a g

a g

a girl :ohdear:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Somebody needs to go Jason Voorhees on this camp.

Wrong. Not enough hot underdressed women for Jason to bother this particular camp.

Ghostface however...

:getin:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

trapped mouse posted:

Literally every top comment calls out the idiocy, even though it's on the front page.

http://imgur.com/gallery/YNxPogB

I've always wondered what the overlap of the voting and the commenting part is on Imgur, you so often see terrible images that get called out by most comments on the frontpage

Mans posted:

Yeah they like her except when imgur decided to ban nsfw in comments and they sent her death threats :thumbsup:

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

Fathis Munk posted:

I've always wondered what the overlap of the voting and the commenting part is on Imgur, you so often see terrible images that get called out by most comments on the frontpage

Yeah they like her except when imgur decided to ban nsfw in comments and they sent her death threats :thumbsup:

I think part of it might be due to how popular reddit posts get straight to the front page of imgur, so the pic gets there because of reddit and in the comments are just imgur making GBS threads on it.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Anyone made a bingo sheet for this event yet?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It begins, spotted on the frontpage

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I figured there'd be more weird pictures.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Panfilo posted:

I figured there'd be more weird pictures.

From what I've seen posted on Imgur is just looks really mundane.

"Here's archery! Here's a pie eating contest with not-fat people! Here's random user doing nothing!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yup, I was just browsing the Camp Imgur tag to find some poo poo to post in PYF AUG, but nothing good has come outta this yet :(

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Also on the front page posted without a trace of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Critical posted:

Also on the front page posted without a trace of irony.

This is exactly why Chris Rock stopped performing that skit. Racists immediately co-opted it for their arguments.

• Locked thread