Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am in! Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG of all time probably~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Imgay being a stump for N1 and D1 is probably the best possible outcome of the day so far

Confirming I am awesome

Also now I am wishing I had submitted Lavos as my role, dammit.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can't wait to race around the track at the Millenial Faire~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA0za1SUK4U

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I've never been able to get in to Chrono Cross which is a shame because Chrono Trigger holds a great space in my heart

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

The three quickest people struggle over the bag for a moment but chic trombone proves the nimblest and snags the bag!

She opens it to find 10 Silver Points!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aanqnyJy-JU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I used to sing the English translation of what he sang to that tune. I should record that later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I didn't even know you were gone.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay posted:

I just announced my favorite book is the Bible!

Did you submit Donald Trump as your Chrono Trigger character

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

ill be there with bells on because i am a adorable pup and bells are cute

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get Janus' cat back so I could recruit him as a playable character.

It didn't work.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Asii reaching p quick

You know this was my initial reaction as well but in thinking about it more I'm pausing now, because what does she have to gain as scum by doing this?

If her being scum did make them lose the fight, then it's unnecessarily painting a target on herself.

If her being scum didn't contribute to that, then it's also unnecessarily painting a target on the three of them, with herself as scum included.

What's more interesting to me is that you floated this idea but didn't seem to think about it at all like I just did. Part of the reason I was suspicious of it was because the two potato av's in a row made it look like she posted four times about it but it was actually you...and you would know that since you were involved in the exchange, so you wouldn't have that outside observer "why is Asiina freaking out over this" kneejerk like I did.

What gives, Taste?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I didn't think she was freaking out, just that it was a relatively illogical move. I didn't really assume it had to have failed because of scum. It's not like Avalon, where it's clear that scum need them to fail, so why would they stick their necks out at all?

It read to me like overcompensation, playing up the failure more so than I felt about it

Does it make you feel one way or the other about Asiina?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't like that you're seemingly presenting an opinion on Asiina but in actuality aren't, and are now asking Mith to give you an opinion. That's fishy as hell.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Well, I guess I don't buy that it was sabotaged as it doesn't really make sense from a scum perspective to risk outing themselves like that if the mechanic isn't integral to the game. if anything it would seem in their benefit to build up the town cred by having it succeed and grabbing the points for purchases along the way

If they aren't involved it could make sense to crash it if they think the prize to town will be considerable, but for the first challenge of the game that seems unlikely unless they think they could drive suspicion onto someone and direct the lynch that way. Note that's not meant as an accusation of you

so if it's a dumb play for scum to sabotage on the inside and at best a middling play to sabotage from the outside, i think it's just possible our party sucked. I think it's the reasonable conclusion, and the fact that asiina jumped to a different one really confuses me

I don't get this post. So far everyone involved has said they didn't get any input regarding how that went down, but you seem to be implying here that scum would know they would get to submit if it succeeded or not, as evidenced by the fact that you were saying a scum would know it was a risk going into it. That's...kinda of a weird jump to make if you, as town, didn't really know what the hell was going on.

I mean Asiina's response reads far more genuine in that regard. Why are you so certain that scum would know how their involvement would make the event play out?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OK, so first thing's first. This isn't adding up.

CapitalistPig posted:

There is still a small chance you could lose though so be careful!

Nothing about a win/fail mechanic similar to Avalon or Resistance.

Asiina posted:

I didn't even do anything via PMs. I just got a LOL U FAILED pm that was basically the same as what was just posted in the thread.

Re: the info TT got about the fight:

Tremendous Taste posted:

U tried really hard but u failed basically

So nothing there either about Avalon/Resistance mechanics. Asiina suggests that something the scum did made them fail without the Avalon connection, and Opop floats the Avalon suggestion, but I'm not seeing anything in what was shared with us by Pig or TT, Asiina, and Mithross about the mechanics of the event we just had.

Next, why TT is confusing the gently caress out of me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I didn't think she was freaking out, just that it was a relatively illogical move. I didn't really assume it had to have failed because of scum. It's not like Avalon,where it's clear that scum need them to fail, so why would they stick their necks out at all?

It read to me like overcompensation, playing up the failure more so than I felt about it

Taste here first mentions that he is certain what happened wasn't influenced by scum saboteurs. This is weird to me, because all the information we have been given in thread by CPig, Mithross, Asiina, and TT himself before this stated they got zero information about the mechanics of that event. But TT is certain here that it wasn't a sabotage mechanic. That is very strange.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Well, I guess I don't buy that it was sabotaged as it doesn't really make sense from a scum perspective to risk outing themselves like that if the mechanic isn't integral to the game. if anything it would seem in their benefit to build up the town cred by having it succeed and grabbing the points for purchases along the way

If they aren't involved it could make sense to crash it if they think the prize to town will be considerable, but for the first challenge of the game that seems unlikely unless they think they could drive suspicion onto someone and direct the lynch that way. Note that's not meant as an accusation of you

so if it's a dumb play for scum to sabotage on the inside and at best a middling play to sabotage from the outside, i think it's just possible our party sucked. I think it's the reasonable conclusion, and the fact that asiina jumped to a different one really confuses me

I already questioned him on this but I really dislike this post because it's setup spec on a theory he has already completely dismissed. If TT is so certain there is no sabotage happening why spend all these words discussing the possibility of it and what scum would do with it if it existed? That's incredibly weird.

This, however, is the damning piece to me:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Can you rephrase the bolded?

And in any scenario, scum know what's going to happen wrt their joining a mission, I don't followp/b]

1) scum can choose to sabotage or succeed

2) scum can only attempt to sabotage

What? Where did this come from? What, in thread, and in the innocuous PM responses that Asiina told us said nothing and TT corroborated is what he received, leads us to believe that scum knew how the event was going to work? To me it's just as likely it was a small RNG failure that they happened to hit but TT is first CERTAIN it's not a sabotage mechanic, then CERTAIN the scum know how it works. What? What? How? Am I missing something?

[b]##vote TT
scumslip if I ever saw one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

those are the only possible scenarios, in fact, if we believe scum can sabotage. They would know so going in, right?

This immediate followup looks a shitton like "oh gently caress I said too much time to cover"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

actually, I could see another scenario outside of a town failure

if scum is *compelled* to sabotage, but was unaware, that explains joining up d1 and drawing heat

still, though, with mithross' claimed super-event powers that suggests that to compensate both asiina and I would have to be scum

if he's telling the truth it speaks to her town alignment in my eyes

And this reads as a further backpedal combined with throwing shade on Mithross (which he already did earlier) and a buddyup to Asiina. Rapid fire damage control, those posts.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

You even acknowledge that opop has raised the same line of reasoning im working under and yet somehow act mystified I'm working under it!

It seems insincere and weird, like a supplementary gotcha off of the event failure

The strangest callout since I've already shown that TT's opinion on the sabotage element has changed from "definitely not" to "almost certainly."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sorry for loving up the bold in my post, I think you guys get the point. Hella comfortable with my vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm saying that by following the mechanics of svum=fqilure it would require both of us to be scum

As I know that to be false I buy us all as town

Why do you know that to be false? What told you that was not how the event worked?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If you don't believe that there's a sabotage mechanic at all why are you spending so much time speculating on a scenario you don't believe happened wherein Mitrhoss is megapowered and you and Asiina have to be scum?

You are pushing this in entirely the wrong way as far as I am concerned and that is scummy as heck.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

What? My opinion has been from the start, consistently, that it wasn't sabotaged. The entirety of my posting today is trying to convince people that isn't what occurred. Are you confusin me with someone else?

I guess in reviewing Asiina is the one who flat out said "this is a possibility" and I thought you had said that since you're both loving potatoes right now but you have consistantly been dancing around the idea and floating hypothesis you don't believe to be true which is a waste of time and a distraction. Why do it? What do you gain?

You also flat out said "the scum would know how their mechanics work for that event" and I see nothing in thread that tells us that is true. You haven't responded to that. Why are you 100% certain that is the case?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Taste looking super rolefishy and is all over the place, scum found.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OMGUS.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Except you did say them, as I showed. You've been entirely inconsistent with what you do and don't know and everything you're doing now looks like trying to cover that up, including throwing shade on me in an attempt to discredit my case as opposed to responding point by point as to how it is inaccurate. You haven't done that. That is scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is one statement of error in the midst of a whole bunch of other points you have still not responded to at all. Classic scum misdirection.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is a disappointing response to my solid case work.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

If the conclusions don't smell right to anyone else, consider reexamination

Two people have weighed in and you are strangely absent from spurring discussion. I am still happy with my casework, dad.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody has any opinions on anything? Are we just going to wait for the day to end or what? This is bo-ring :C

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

My current opinion is that WWM is scum. What do you think of him?

I think his vote on me is bad especially if he actually believed you were rolefishing. In regards to scummy actions I think scum is much more likely to be subtle about a rolefsh than overt about their joy that someone got stumped for the day so it doesn't make a lot of sense to vote for me over you. It's odd. If he comes back in and is doing more of that I would definitely vote him.

What do you think of my stuff on Taste, I haven't seen you comment on it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody has a problem with this? Why does Taste know that scum know how they interact with the event? Why is he solidly stating this as fact instead of speculating?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Can you rephrase the bolded?

And in any scenario, scum know what's going to happen wrt their joining a mission, I don't follow

1) scum can choose to sabotage or succeed

2) scum can only attempt to sabotage

This isn't a speculation post!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quid you're treating something as common sense as assuming scum have power roles as some questionable leap in logic

It's really weird

This isn't what I'm doing at all. I'm not saying "how bizarre Taste thinks scum have abilities!", I'm saying "how bizarre that Taste is treating this as fact when it is purely speculation from many people and he has no in thread or, by his own admission, mod communication reasons to believe this is fact!"

You keep trying to discredit pieces of my argument instead of pointing out where it's factually incorrect or dismissing it as an incorrect interpretation. That's not making me feel better about you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

We don't have confirmation that Gravity is going to maintain itself tomorrow or that the sun is coming up again and yet it's not unreasonable to say they will

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I guess you just might disagree, but I find that when faced with something of considerable likelihood it's better to act as if that's so rather than get caught up in every possibility. If you want to look back in past games to see that I do this scum or town, be my guest.

Please explain to me what you are considering as the considerable likelihood in this situation. I have lost what you are claiming to be the fact of what happened here.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Your graphic doesn't fit your objection

I know it was just the closest I could find and I like to be snide :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

the likelihood is that if there is a sabotage mechanic, scum would know about it and know how to use it

I've never taken offense to you suggesting that scum would know how to use their own mechanics, I have taken offense to you suggesting you're certain the mechanic is in place while at the same time saying you don't believe it is in place.

The fact that you're now framing this issue in this way when I believe if you look over my response to your initial statements you'll see that wasn't the way you were framing it is scummy as heck.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Legitimately, before today Taste has never said "why are you saying scum wouldn't know how to use their abilities or suggesting that they don't have any abilities, quid." That's so ridiculous a suggestion I can't even. This is a desperate framing to spin what he said before when it really, really, REALLY wasn't what he was saying!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

They're also not helpful to float as an idea for the thread because they are entirely contradictory and say absolutely nothing about what happened or what you believe.

If I came in and posted "There could have been scum on that mission, but I don't BELIEVE there were any scum" and had absolutely no proof regarding either side of it but speculated heavily on the potential existence of scum and their potential involvement in the mission people would get hardcore on my case about distracting and whitenoising. Funny that I am getting on your case for that~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

This isn't what you were objecting to, though, through all your gotchas.

Prove it. Don't discredit my argument as having changed without backing it up to show me. That's lazy and continues your trend of random discrediting of my argument.

quote:

Even then, it's mischaracterizing the thread at the time of the discussion. Opop came in looking to kill someone on the mission, and I wanted to convince him it was a bad move. You're saying that's wasting time, more so than trying to hijack the thread about the specific way I make reasonable assumptions about mechanics?

Except that this isn't true:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I didn't think she was freaking out, just that it was a relatively illogical move. I didn't really assume it had to have failed because of scum. It's not like Avalon, where it's clear that scum need them to fail, so why would they stick their necks out at all?

This is before Opop chimes in, and once again, you present what happened as if you KNOW the mechanics of the event ("It's not like Avalon," how would you know how it worked from the information you received?)

I'm not hijacking the thread because of your phrasing of mechanics. Some of what you have explained is true, I can definitely see as I'm rereading over and over again how there are many times you are consistent in your claim that you were framing everything in two separate hypotheses. I have a problem with:

-The ways in which you have made subtle inferences about understanding far more about the mechanics of the event than you reasonably should from what everyone says they received
-Your contradictions regarding what you were saying
-The subtle discrediting of my argument that is not grounded in backed up facts

I've maintained those three points pretty consistently!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay posted:

I think your right, there are too many assumptions at this point, but still its wierd these talking points are the ones that are sticking and getting discussed at this point in the day.

This is 100% faked content. Taste and I are dominating the thread with our argument, it's been basically two or three pages of us back and forth. There's absolutely no way you believe that everyone is discussing this.

Why are you chiming in with your awkward joke to look as if you're contributing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay actually submitted Jester this game, got it.

• Locked thread