Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Thinking out loud.

Mithross' bullshit game had two scum teams. We've seen one set of people flip here as a two person team. Let's assume for a minute that there are two scumteams, even though there was no NK last night.

Which means that we currently have:

8 total people left
-1 Kumba not in Votefinder

That's a total of 7 people who can make the cuddle happen.

4 town vs. 3 non-town (Chaos 3p + 2 unknown scum) would be plausible today and put us at LYLO.

It's also possible Chaos is our only non-town entity left since there was no NK other than my shot last night, unless Jake for some reason was the NK target and Asiina protected him. Or something else went on behind the scenes; I suppose it's possible that Mags protected/copped someone who was the NK target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I was roleblocked last night, I'm Norstein Bekkler. That is why the house of horrors is closed today. I'm outside of time and space, which is why I get a small bonus to all events.

I have one other power, which I'm not sharing.

We're close to lylo, I don't see any harm in claiming, at least that much.

Was anyone else roleblocked at any time during the game?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

In Avalon/Resistance I have a tendency to throw the first game as scum, simply because of the target it paints on you

Coming back to this, Opop is one of the first people to float the "you bring down the chances of an event succeeding" idea in thread, which we now know the FATE team had. I've been operating under the assumption that Opop was town since he killed TT but if there are two scum teams this could be a scumslip.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Probably. I got a bonus to the event (although not the same bonus a 1000ad person would have given), so either Gato is buff or we were sabotaged.

Mithross actually floats this idea earlier than Opop.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I gave you a short, dickish answer yesterday, I just got to this point in the thread. To be a little more clear, my role depends entirely on the actions of others to let me use abilities. As of yet, I haven't gotten to do anything with it. Part of that is us failing both challenges. (Sorry Opop, I wasn't sure you were around, and hoped my lesser bonus would be enough to let us win)

That doesn't have anything to do with me not playing, but it's why I haven't been as excited about my role.

Mithross, can you explain why you know you were roleblocked if your night ability is very dependent on winning challenges?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I was roleblocked last night, I'm Norstein Bekkler. That is why the house of horrors is closed today. I'm outside of time and space, which is why I get a small bonus to all events.

I have one other power, which I'm not sharing.

We're close to lylo, I don't see any harm in claiming, at least that much.

Yeah, this is a contradiction of what you said in the post I just quoted. What gives?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

The post you quoted was in response to you yourself asking why scum would tank a mission

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of where and when the information about tanking poo poo and all of that and it's making my brain hurt. Probably is a dead end and the only useful information was TT scumslipping.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Dude already role claimed, stop trying so hard

Maybe if you find yet another unconvincing angle you can get your lynch

This is the last thing I will say about JakeP: I don't think taste and Jake are on the same team at all but taste did a whole bunch of character assassination in response to my casework on him and if you compare the tone of taste and Jake they are pretty identical. This is why I am so insistent that Jake is scum: he's not basing his case on me on the poo poo I've done beyond finding every single thing he can nitpick about me and using it to say I'm bad at mafia. It's really lovely casework.

Anyway I know this opinion is unpopular so I will drop it for today but I just want people to keep it in their minds moving forward.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Probably because I got 20 sp from jakes sword, and someone put 2 and 2 together

Wasn't the shop closed yesterday?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

The merchant is gone early very mysterious, Norstein Bekkler's tent of horrors is still up though!

Yeah, I am pretty sure the merchant never came back, Mithross.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Mithross that is straight up a lie, caught yoooou

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

You could do what I did and read in context. How did you even get that quote if you weren't looking at the thread?

By reading the thread and then not understanding what you were saying.

I'm really tired of people telling me I can't play mafia and will rage quit if it continues. It's one thing to call my actions scummy and disingenuous but to insinuate that I am an idiot who can't read and is poo poo at this game is incredibly grating and making it unfun when I am putting forth effort. I don't want to play in that game, please stop.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Quid is an Actual Scum

So when I caught Mithross in a lie about buying an item yesterday, you think I made that up? Or what?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It was in context, I just didn't get what you were saying at the time. It seemed out of nowhere.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I guess I didn't actually read my post because I know my content is town :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'd like to hear Mithross' response before I break it down for you if you don't mind.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I also don't really value your opinion on my being scum that much since you by your own admission don't give a crap about who gets dunked :v: But I will explain my thought process once Mithross explains his dillyo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Much like Mithross yesterday saying I never explained my votes, saying I don't give a crap about who gets dunked is a pretty generous (mis)reading of my posts. I wanted Taste dunked. I wanted WWM dunked. I wanted "Not me" dunked when it was becoming me vs Chic, especially when it could have given me an out if they flipped scum. I have very much cared about dunks.

But to be clear, I think you're a scum because you continue to press cop claimed Jake in a strange to me way and you just happened to disappear right before a challenge came and didn't come back til after it was full when KB said he'd vig someone if it failed.

That line of events is disingenuously presented. I was posting and then I wandered away to do something else (in this case, pick up some packages from my apartment complex.) I came back and the event was full.

Am I scum for getting my mail, chaoslord?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My point being you have absolutely no idea why I didn't join the event and to create a chain of causality based on KB's vig promise when the event was basically insta-jumped on is garbage.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I never once said I bought an item, I said I got SP yesterday, and that my role relies mostly on town winning challenges.

How do you know you were roleblocked?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am now going to watch Modern Family with my girlfriend, if another person promises to vig me if I don't post in the thread please don't assume it is because I am scum thanks.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

You're right, I don't know. That's why I said I think. You wouldn't be the first person to use "Oh no I was AFK" as a bad guy, so combined with the continued pushing of Jake I feel good about it. If you really did get your mail, though, then I hope you got something good! My mailbox was empty today. Not that I was expecting anything :(

I got the two records from my record of the month club.

Mithross, I am still waiting on why you knew you were roleblocked.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Also, the merchant never came back, but each time has had a shop. That's where taste got the magic water and jurassic soup; there was a different shop in 65 million bc, like there is now in another world. It's been in the OP each day. So I could have bought an item, actually.

Can someone corroborate this is true? I see nothing about this in Pig's posting. The only reference to the shop was the merchant, which Pig specifically said was gone and the Horror Tent was still open. I see nothing in thread to indicate that items were purchaseable to the general public in 65mil BC and I remember looking at it and seeing it was closed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can't figure this game out. ##unvote Items existing are throwing off my puzzling out and I just don't have the energy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Since I promised to show my thought process, I thought Mithross initially had stated that he had no night action and then implied he knew he was roleblocked because his action had failed. When I asked him about that, this response:

Mithross posted:

Probably because I got 20 sp from jakes sword, and someone put 2 and 2 together

...read to me as "well duh, because someone knew I bought an item and put 2 and 2 together and roleblocked me," implying that his item action had failed which was why he knew he was roleblocked. Might have been a stretch.

But now I'm wondering again because the item purchases are public in thread (at least in terms of them disappearing) and I don't even remember if his shop was selling poo poo. And since the scumteam were the only one who really had SP beyond Mithross and would know who was purchasing what...this doesn't make a lot of sense as a reason.

I'm going to ##vote Mithross again. I don't like the way his claim has played out and enough of it is not adding up.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Although going by Taste's PM I guess if he's scum he wouldn't have had enough to buy it, so that's a good sign

Unless scumteam getting points from failed poo poo has allowed him money to do so. Has there been anything else that would have given KB enough money for that?

Asiina is the only person who's been on two events and one of them failed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Although she wouldn't be announcing she got the shelter. Unless she bought both.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Asiina is the only person who's been on two events and one of them failed.

I am actually not sure this is true hold on

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Event 1: Asiina, Mithross, Taste - Failed, no SP delivered to town. TT we know got silver points re: his role PM.

Chaos lord gets Magic Water, usage unknown.
Chic gets Jurassic Soup, empowers her

Mithross receives 20 SP from the Jake sword.

Event 2: Chaos, Mithross, Chic. Failed, presumably from Chaos. No silver points awarded to town.

Event 3: KB, Asiina, Opop. Won, silver points received for town.

The only people who have publicly received Silver Points are Taste (re: failure), Mithross (20sp), and KB, Asiina, and Opop. Asiina says she spent her SP on the Shelter which cost 15sp. So the reward is somewhere between 15 and 25sp since the Blade was out of reach.

The means only a few people could have bought the blade:

1. Asiina, who was on both events and would have gotten money from the Event 1 failure if she is scum.
2. Mithross, who would have gotten money from two failed events if he is scum.

Nobody else should be able to afford it at this point.

Mithross, did you buy the blade?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Screw it, I'm impatient.

Jake's mom drops him off at my house after dinner complete with sleeping bag and his stuffed Shrek doll. It's a little weird to have a doll like that, but I want the sleepover to go well so I don't say anything. My sleeping bag and potato plushie are already in the tent.

We get into our PJs and run out into the backyard, the grass is a little wet in the evening and tickles our feet.

We get comfy in the shelter when my mom brings out hot chocolate and a plate of smores and then thankfully goes back into the house. I'm a big girl now and I don't need her watching me all the time!

We consuming the ridiculous amount of sugar and I pull out the flashlight I took from my dad's workshop in the garage. Putting it under my chin I begin to tell a spooky story.

"...but then the killer was coming from INSIDE THE THREAD!" Ahhh!!! We scream and then descend into a fit of giggles, kicking each other through our sleeping bags.

All in all, a good evening.

##have sleepover in shelter with Jake.

:3: this is my favorite thing in the game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hmm, Opop, did you buy the blade?

King Burgundy posted:

Hah, amazing! I was leaning towards shooting Opop, my gut was telling me the scum was him. Guess not.

We don't have any current corroborating evidence that whoever is left as a badman influences events, so I wouldn't make this jump and clear three people just yet.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Asiina and Jake have fun at the sleepover and they slept in the tent all night long without getting scared!

Things happened

ASIINA REPORT

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

KB, did you buy the second blade?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I know I am being nosy as poo poo but I have a theory

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am going to go get some ice cream hope that's ok with you Chaos ;)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nice, I'm walking to 7/11. Took my phone with me because I am addicted to mafia

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I really want to know if Mithross bought that blade :allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If it protects you I would use it in case the sword backfires because I think you're town at this point and want you around.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Dark Horse JakeP kill? :v:

(Don't do this even though it would satisfy me greatly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I didn't buy anything because Mid Tonic sounded kind of lame, but I'm going to now because scum must have the aeon blade and that worries me.

I think everything's out, bro.

Hey KB, can you not kill Mithross until he answers my question and I weigh in?

• Locked thread