Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So who wants some Glorantha jokes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So who wants some Glorantha jokes?

An Uroxi walked past a tavern.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A Humakti, an Uroxi, and a Vingan get drunk in a bar. The Uroxi throws his axe, the Vingan shouts "Duck!" and the Humakti says "Yes?"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Infinitum posted:

They refer to the options that a clan-ring member recommends.

Here's what the event screen looks like

Each ring member will generally recommend a different option, so it'll help you guys out when you're voting if you know what they're thinking. Sometimes they won't offer a recommendation at all.

Also note that the advice isn't always cut-and-dried. Your lawspeaker's "recommendations" will be about what is legal not what's a good idea. Your warleader will tell you whether or not he thinks you can win, not whether you should fight.

my dad posted:

A Humakti, an Uroxi, and a Vingan get drunk in a bar. The Uroxi throws his axe, the Vingan shouts "Duck!" and the Humakti says "Yes?"

Excuse me Humakt isn't a duck, he's a human wearing a fake duck beak, Get your facts straight.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

cheetah7071 posted:

Excuse me Humakt isn't a duck, he's a human wearing a fake duck beak, Get your facts straight.

Methinks you're misreading the joke.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mauman posted:

Methinks you're misreading the joke.

In my defense it's 2:00 AM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Owing to power outages, I had to choose for us. Apologies. :(

Praise be unto Uralda, goddess of cows, may you find our ritualistic murdering of 10 cows to your liking. :worship:

I checked our magic screen and we didn't have any mysteries revealed.. so on a hunch I sacrificed, assuming things would be easier, and we recieved the Milk Blessing which increases the yield of our cows. Keen beans.

Oh poo poo! :siren: SECRET MURDER! :siren:

The most obvious suspect is the Uroxi warrior who Orlkensor refused to duel. The Uroxi's garb marked him as a member of clan Blue Spruce
No poo poo sherlock

Still, it pays to be cautious...

This bitch.

AUSTRALI CLAN AIN'T NUTHIN TA gently caress WIT'! :black101:

Korlmar's pushing 60, but he's our best fighter. Worst case scenario he gets brutally murdered, best case scenario we win..

What could go wrong? :shepicide:

Well.. as good as could be expected I suppose. Still.. not happy with those Blue Spruce dickheads committing secret murder.

:siren: Australi-tine will remember this :siren:

Righto, I haven't killed anyone lately.. things are probably going well..

Eww.. That ain't good. A feast sure as gently caress won't fix that.
In the last LP I remembered a certain blessing that might be useful. Lets see if the D20 God is kind.. :rolldice:

:parrot:
The Hope blessing improves the people's morale. One shrine coming up!

Spirit-talkers aren't sorcerers or anything bad like that. They talk to spirits, including our own ancestor spirits.

They are not quite like normal people, and not quite foreigners. We still owe them courtesy and hospitality. (4)

A Spirit Fetch is a magical item that replenishes our magic after we use it up. (3)

Even if they weren't planning to fleece us ---which they are--- we can't afford their outrage prices. (1)
How'd you do that line thing with your mouth...

They are not quite like normal people, and not quite foreigners. (1)

I have nothing to add.

Spirit-talkers have awesome powers, since they can call on a vast array of spirits. We can't risk offending them. (4)

I'm off to bed Australi. Make me proud! :duckie:

- "Begone! You are strange and weird!"
- "Protect us from the undead."
- "Sell us a Spirit Fetch or two."
- "We need no sprit-talking, but we shall feed you."

quote:

:eng101:
Wergild in ancient Germanic law, the amount of compensation paid by a person committing an offense to the injured party or, in case of death, to his family.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 8, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ninja:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Buy Spirit Fetches

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Bad King Urgrain hated foreigners more than he loved magic items, and refused to trade with outsiders. Buy spirit fetches.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Yes, I did notice the peeking duck gif on the spirit shamans picture. Yes. I laughed.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Mhm. :catstare:

Buy spirit fetches

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Wergild literally means "man gold" (ie the amount of gold that man's life is worth -- it varies based on his social status). It's the customary price you pay when you kill someone so that his clan won't seek revenge. I've never been entirely clear on what happens if they don't take the wergild. Presumably, they'd stab you or something.

Also feed those uglies.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Shamans are pretty great. If we've been having issues with regards to low magic, then you should buy a few fetches. Otherwise they look hungry, give them a nice meal.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Poor Orlkensor. :smith:

Anyway, those spirit fetches might come in handy.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
P sure that wasn't secret murder since the guy straight up said he was going to kill him.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Buy as many fetches as we can afford. Spirit fetches are worth their weight in iron.

RabidWeasel posted:

P sure that wasn't secret murder since the guy straight up said he was going to kill him.

And he paid Wergild, paying his debt. We technically do not have a grudge against him, especially after duelling for the slain thane's honour.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What do you call four weaponthanes in the middle of the road with weapons out?

Humakti Ambush

Anyway Feed those bastards and move on.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

:jiggled:OH ITS ON NOW SONS:jiggled:

Gridlocked posted:

Hey man as a proud Queenslander I drink XXXX Gold.

Really? Made from river water.

As a regrettable Queenslander, I drink Hop Hog.

e: derp. thread has moved on.

Infinitum, I've bought this drat game and played it for 8 hours already.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
When Maran Gor sits around the tula, she sits around the tula.

E: Maran Gor proves that you don't need to be a Storm deity to be Thunderous.

e2: I'm saying she's really fat

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 8, 2015

SirDifferential
Sep 19, 2012
Buy a dozen Spirit Fetches. I have no idea what they are, but surely these people wouldn't scam us.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Buy Spirit Fetches

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Fetch some spirits that we can throw on the barbie

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Propitiate Malia.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Just feed them. I never find the fetches to be very useful myself.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

ShootaBoy posted:

Just feed them. I never find the fetches to be very useful myself.

Really? They saved my bacon more than a few times when I needed just a tiny bit more magic.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Buy as many fetches as possible. They're relatively cheap for the benefit they provide.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Poor Orlkensor. :smith:

That event chain is never not depressing, no matter how it turns out. :smith:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I love Fetches, they are great for trading because people treat them like treasure

Not really a spoiler, but might be cheesy?

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Midnight Voyager posted:

That event chain is never not depressing, no matter how it turns out. :smith:

Yeah, his story is bittersweet at best, but always a huge downer no matter what happens. Orlkensor seems like a genuinely good person and he and the girl deserved better. :smith:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
But the spirit fetches, they're way to useful.

We need more treasures anyways.

Also that was depressing.

And the duck mildly freaked me out. :stonk:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Buy some magic snake oil from these fine, upstanding businessmen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hit me with your rhythm stick!

Haifisch posted:

Buy some fetches. Click click click.

We bought 2. Sure hope these things are worth it, they cost a pretty penny.

We tried sacrificing to Chalana Arroy to learn some mysteries to build a shrine, but nothing happened. :(

:ducksiren: :ducksiren:
Another year gone by. Another year closer to our inevitable death. :rip:

Let's review!

:slick:

At least we're not venting cows like last time :v:

Survey says:

Someone mentioned it earlier, but we'll keep an eye out for these guys once they hit 18.

Now then the real fun.. Here is our TENTATIVE magic allocation:

What do the talking heads recommend?

Devote 3 to diplomacy. Then we should do rituals for war, trade, and mysteries. Leave something so we can deal with any crises that come up.
Oh snap! He's sober again! Quick someone get a camera..

We have a reasonable reserve, but we should keep at least seven points on hand. You can never have too much magic.
Did that blow go to your head last time mate?

Allot 2 to crop magic. Our herds are also important, so earmark 1 for them. Leave some magic available in case we need to call on the earth goddesses. By the way, with an Uralda worshipper on the ring, we could perform more livestock rituals.

It's easier keeping people healthy than trying to cure them later. I think we should allocate 2 to health magic, and conserve a few points in case we need to call on Chalana Arroy during the year.

Time to vote Australi! Remember to get your free sausage sizzle on the way out of the voting booths! :australia:

What's the plan for Year 1332? Should we allocate any extra magic?

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 8, 2015

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Infinitum posted:

We tried sacrificing to Chalana Arroy to learn some mysteries to build a shrine, but nothing happened. :(

Did you happen to sacrifice cows instead of goods? Because the goddess of healing doesn't accept any blood spilled in her name. For that matter, Urox also prefers goods, because he loves getting new poo poo to break.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Did we actually build a temple to Uralda, or did we just sacrifice to learn a blessing?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Did you happen to sacrifice cows instead of goods? Because the goddess of healing doesn't accept any blood spilled in her name. For that matter, Urox also prefers goods, because he loves getting new poo poo to break.

I sacrificed 10 cows :ohdear: Mainly because we had 10 goods left over and I wanted to build a shrine (Which costs 10)

my dad posted:

Did we actually build a temple to Uralda, or did we just sacrifice to learn a blessing?

No, and we just spent 30 goods on sticks.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
We'll get some goods soon, I guess. We should absolutely build a shrine to Uralda.

Also, save the magic points. We should probably heroquest next year, and it would be nice to have a reserve at hand. You can never have enough magic.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I'd say allocate at least 1 point to War and have a few parties in the tula of the closest clan that doesn't like us. :black101:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Don't put magic in health. Put it in quests instead. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Do we actually know any heroquests? If we do we should kill someone try one. Otherwise, put another point in mysteries and try to learn one.

• Locked thread