Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

Tally ho friends! The Boys over at Thac (makers of the original Marble Hornets) have started up a new ARG/Webseries titled Clear Lakes 44. So far not a whole lot is known but we do know some things.

So what is it?

A new Found Footage ARG Webseries from the creators of Marble Hornets. So far only two videos have surfaced at this time, both in the form of "broadcasts". Both are shot in similar style of the ToTheArk videos that went along with Marble Hornets. Static Images, video distortion, and some type of cryptic message involved in regards to Clear Lakes 44. It's still unclear what exactly Clear Lakes 44 even is; a town, or SCP style organization. The found footage looks though as if it was shot from hidden security cameras in businesses and houses. Possibly to track and/or contain paranormal phenomenon :tinfoil:

Is this another Slenderman series or Marble Hornets Pt 2?

Unknown at this time though unlikely! So far the only direct relation to Marble Hornets is the Youtube channel and the creators. The Thac dudes could appear in it but likely as different characters than as they appeared in Marble Hornets. It itself has been deemed as a separate webseries though. Beyond the youtube channel, the other similarities are the cryptic videos, creepy vibes and video distortion but so far no Slenderman sitings. Yet.

The Broadcasts

Broadcast #1
Broadcast #2
Broadcast #3
Broadcast #4
Broadcast #5 Walker

Unlisted:
location_scout_wmv.

Stay tuned for more updates about the series and The Broadcasts once they become available!

Indubitable Leg fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'll check it out when someone gets stabbed over it.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I am looking forward to getting back into the habit of searching every single frame of every video for clues to the BIG MYSTERY.

That's not true, but I am looking forward to unfiction having something new to froth at the mouth over. While I can't say that I really enjoyed the direction MH took by the end, it had a lot of promise that felt kind of squandered due to the overly long production lifespan. Hopefully they learned a lot from MH and can bring some cool new ideas to the table with Clear Lakes.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what on earth?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I am spooked out

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I hate twin peaks and don't care about marble hornets, looking forward to this!

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Can someone explained how Marble Hornets ended? I watched it, but didn't understand it in the slightest.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol what if instead of marble hornets it was marble horneys !!!!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nooner posted:

holy moly please add pg-13 warning to this post mods so I don't fall into reading a trap like this again!

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

Orgophlax posted:

Can someone explained how Marble Hornets ended? I watched it, but didn't understand it in the slightest.

Alex is dead. Jay is dead/slender-ported. Brian was Hoody and is also dead. Tim was the original person who first came into contact with The Operator but was alive by the end. Jessica was also alive. It's unclear about Alex's GF (Amy?) Think she was dead too. Basically at the end Tim agreed with Alex's idea that you couldn't stop The Operator. You could only "forget" about him and just go on with your life.

Afterwords they sold the rights to a separate film company who did Always Watching: A Marble Hornets story which has a very loose association to the original project, mostly through name and some premise but was actually a halfway decent jumpscare horror movie. Also probably the easiest paycheck for Doug Jones.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Interested to see where this is going, though I'm a little weary since Marble Hornets kinda got dull as it went on. Maybe a fresh start will do them some good.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Indubitable Leg posted:

Alex is dead. Jay is dead/slender-ported. Brian was Hoody and is also dead. Tim was the original person who first came into contact with The Operator but was alive by the end. Jessica was also alive. It's unclear about Alex's GF (Amy?) Think she was dead too. Basically at the end Tim agreed with Alex's idea that you couldn't stop The Operator. You could only "forget" about him and just go on with your life.

Afterwords they sold the rights to a separate film company who did Always Watching: A Marble Hornets story which has a very loose association to the original project, mostly through name and some premise but was actually a halfway decent jumpscare horror movie. Also probably the easiest paycheck for Doug Jones.

those characters had names??????

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nobody gives a poo poo

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Indubitable Leg posted:

Tally ho friends! The Boys over at Thac (makers of the original Marble Hornets) have started up a new ARG/Webseries titled Clear Lakes 44. So far not a whole lot is known but we do know some things.

So what is it?

A new Found Footage ARG Webseries from the creators of Marble Hornets. So far only two videos have surfaced at this time, both in the form of "broadcasts". Both are shot in similar style of the ToTheArk videos that went along with Marble Hornets. Static Images, video distortion, and some type of cryptic message involved in regards to Clear Lakes 44. It's still unclear what exactly Clear Lakes 44 even is; a town, or SCP style organization. The found footage looks though as if it was shot from hidden security cameras in businesses and houses. Possibly to track and/or contain paranormal phenomenon :tinfoil:

Is this another Slenderman series or Marble Hornets Pt 2?

Unknown at this time though unlikely! So far the only direct relation to Marble Hornets is the Youtube channel and the creators. The Thac dudes could appear in it but likely as different characters than as they appeared in Marble Hornets. It itself has been deemed as a separate webseries though. Beyond the youtube channel, the other similarities are the cryptic videos, creepy vibes and video distortion but so far no Slenderman sitings. Yet.

The Broadcasts

Broadcast #1
Broadcast #2

Stay tuned for more updates about the series and The Broadcasts once they become available!

ugh

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why was it called Marble Hornets anyway?

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
It was the name of the artsy school film project that was plagued by Slender Man and Tim's righteous sideburns. They made a fake trailer for the film and there was talk about the movie actually getting made as bonus material for one of the DVDs but I don't know if anything came of that.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
marble hornets was like a 12 minute slasher film that got stretched out to 9 hours because they didnt have the balls to kill anyone off

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
this is really stupid, those videos were also stupid, OP i take issue with your choice of entertainment

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
This is a worse thread than "Plum Island Sound"

EDIT: this, not the actual place: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3329850

Jimbo Jaggins fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Aug 7, 2015

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Are the Marble Hornets doodz the same people that did The Wyoming Incident series before Slender Man? Because the Clear Lakes 44 thing is reminiscent of The Wyoming Incident. (I am old. I should know this.)

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

The Rage posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo

make a poop, and give it to this thread

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

anyone who has made or cared about a web series or anything called a webisode should be slain

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

drop the marble hornets off at the pool imo

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Nooner posted:

fartz

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

social vegan posted:

drop the marble hornets off at the pool imo

swank reply... its when u get the deershit shits right

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

basement jihadist posted:

swank reply... its when u get the deershit shits right

scattershot just close ur eyes n hope u hit soemthig

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Indubitable Leg posted:

Tally ho friends!

gently caress you

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

also what is marble hornets

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Peanut President posted:

also what is marble hornets

something loving stupid

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

something loving stupid

I mean I get that, but like why should I be excited for this new whatever it is FROM THE MAKERS OF MARBLE HORNETS

like are they a boy band

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i bet this place has a dark hosed up secret..................you have been warned :twisted:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Peanut President posted:

gently caress you

lol

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

something loving stupid

Like a multiple paragraph long defense of fedoras-kind of stupid or just "ho dee ho dumb dumb dee" kind of stupid?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Booblord Zagats posted:

Like a multiple paragraph long defense of fedoras-kind of stupid or just "ho dee ho dumb dumb dee" kind of stupid?

couldn't tell you, I don't actually know anything about it

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009
Isn't that TO in the left side of the frame at the end of the second broadcast? Definitely some sort of movement there if nothing else.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Not sure, plus The Operator didn't really "move" so much just appear, though that could be attributed to video distortion. The old guy (?) rocking in the chair looked like something was up with their face, that or the lighting or the video was distorting it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

*poops in own hand, slings handfull of poo poo at op*

what you like is dumb and i hate it you loser

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
internet mystery larping

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
da gan ronpaw 44