Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And lots of other titles that aren't covered by BSS...well Executioner kind of is.

http://www.graphicaudio.net

In short there adaptations of story arcs that were released as prose novel (not all though as evidenced by the upcoming Ms. Marvel Volume 1). They feature voice actors (though none of the familiar voices of Marvel and DC, but in the case of the X Men at least...very good stand ins), music and sound effects. It's actually kind of similar to audio book productions of Star Wars books...well at least the newer ones, but with a full cast.

I'll do a nicer write up when I get home, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. They're get to listen to while at work or driving and the selection is pretty large and downright massive when looking at the non Comic properties. Of note is the Executioner series which is generally considered to be the inspiration for the Punisher.

X Men Days of Future Past was a great listen along with Astonishing X Men Vol 1 Gifted.

Downside is there is a download limit that can be reset it's kind of like Matrix Games. There is an app without limits...but it's kind of basic. Audible it's not. Still functional though. They tend to clock in around 5 to 6 hours on most productions, but that's not a firm limit. Only downside is they aren't sold on Audible like other audio books or presentations.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

gfanikf posted:

Downside is a download limit that can be reset is kind of like Matrix Games.

How can it be reset? Also, I think you made a typo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BiggerJ posted:

How can it be reset? Also, I think you made a typo.

Email to customer support. Worth backing up a copy though, I guess in case a license goes away.

I haven't notice that limit in the app, but audio options are limited to only high or normal quality, not FLAC like on the website.

• Locked thread