Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Imperial Guard, we will blind the filthy Xeno's with our flashlights and them run them over with our tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Theantero posted:

What's this? Tech heresy most foul! I always knew those emperor-drat blood ravens were up to something :argh:

'Quest for knowledge' my rear end. Quest for damnation more like.
Man, loving Blood Magpies. Too bad that we are saddled with them in the DoW games since it's Relics own, special little chapter.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Theantero posted:

Well to be honest, the Blood Ravens would need some sort of illicit cloning tech to keep up their numbers, since they lose hundreds or even thousands of troops in every game and Space Marine chapters are canonically only allowed to have a 1000 or so marines at a time :v:
I think that the rationalization from the tabletop game (this is from some extremly hazy memory here) is that due to the advanced armor technology and the fact that Spessmarinees are genejacked 'roided ubermensch means that your losses are actually mostly injuries. I think the same is applied to Eldar as well or you'd have lost the entire figthing force for a Craftworld in one DoW map (not that it's anything wrong with this, screw the space elfs).

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I have to say that I'm getting a bit in the mood for some Dark Crusade after reading this LP. I thought I had purchased it during the Warhammer Humble Bundle but apparently it was just the original game + Winter Assault. I guess I'll just wait for a Steam sale and then it's time to stomp some filthy Xeno's as the IG.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Onmi posted:

The dumbest loving thing I've learned about 40k was the new Comissar law introducing that A. They're all heavily drugged up and brain washed and B. They graduate by being tasked to murder their best friends.

Because these make sense for the morale officer of the Imperium, and it's always great that a school system wastes so much time training people only to kill half of them.
So how do you solve the conondrum if you have an aspiring Commisar who doesn't have any friends?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Onmi posted:

Yes that would be common sense talking, unfortunately this is GW, so they don't care what they're making GBS threads on to make their new derp work.

Ask the Necrons, and the Space Marines
Hell, just ask the entire Warhammer Fantasy franchise. I still can't bloody believe what they did to it..

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Neruz posted:

I'm pretty sure this is just to spite all the hooligan the Ork players who keep ruining their preciously crafted narrative.
So, it's the standard "gently caress you for daring to have fun in our narrative" from GW then?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Archaeology Hat posted:

Nah - Orcs weren't Chaos in Fantasy Battle. They were pretty much the same as 40k Orks but lower tech and with a C not a K - opposed to the orderly humanish factions but not actually on the side of big C Chaos.

Also they used goblins as ammunition.
I think that Orcs tend to be mistaken for a being chaos aligned since they are usually described together with Chaos and Skaven as the "Forces of Disorder".

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Lateinshowing posted:

See, the thing about Orks being fun and such is true... but they also are pretty dark themselves.

Remember folks, they're looking for a good fight.... but any fight will do. Killing those who can't attack back, that's completely fair. Not a GOOD fight, but a fight nontheless. So Orks slaughter EVERYONE on a planet for a good laugh before punching their fellows in the neck with their axe. Any violence is good fun and killing civvies is certainly pretty dang fun, especially if there are some silly hummies trying to protect them.
If you've played the Spacemarine action game you find several audio messages that relate to this and it sure takes the the shine of the Orks "goofiness", especially the set of messages that the Medic left.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Eimi posted:

It also includes highlights like setting your gitfinda to panzee. (For eldar)
Truly, a more perfect technical term has never been used before that moment.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, how much of the "original" Marine remains in a Dreadnought? Do the Techmarines stuff everything that's left of the Marine into the sarcophagus or do they pull a Robocop and basically just use the what's needed for the Marine to function?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Great LP, Blind Sally. Shame about choosing the lamest of races though :v:

• Locked thread