Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh0zR9XfDN8

follow me. set me free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I started SA2 for the first time this week and was impressed by its strong starting stage

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Sonic Adventure 2 was the better Sonic Adventure,

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I didn't realize that some people complained about them taking the adventure fields out until like, 2 years ago and was extremely confused by it, although the forest shrine song in SA1 ruled.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I love the SEGA Dreamcast.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 was the better Sonic Adventure,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JJNpo6Vas

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lemme blow your mind here op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfvR6HRVfDg

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
1. lol the kirby wrong vid
2. my minds blown o_o

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this isn't SA2 but while we're having our minds blown by sonic 3 music i might as well post it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvnsriLZvL0

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

this isn't SA2 but while we're having our minds blown by sonic 3 music i might as well post it.

Sonic 3's music was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_I0vZel8WI

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
kinda making me want to replay generations

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Generations is extremely win. Sonic music is always amazing. Especially the buttrock.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive also been strongly considering buying sonic lost world....

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I picked up sonic colors for 4 bucks at a used game store a little while ago, but I haven't started it yet.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

actually, he's right.

the giant murder truck in the generations level rules

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

personally I don't like these "orchestrated" things where they just download a midi from vgmusic.com and record it with more modern samples... however, this is my poo poo http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

elf help book posted:

ive also been strongly considering buying sonic lost world....

don't do it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

here's hydrocity zone, but for best results, you should download the original FLAC to your Pono
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCW6ZyIdL3w

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

don't do it

i dont think opinions can dissuade me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i dont think opinions can dissuade me
Tell me how it is, it looks interesting but I'm worried the controls are bad or it just sucks in some way.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sonic games being bad is a meme so i cant trust any opinions except i know boom is bad

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I remember playing the boardwalk level of sonic adventure for hours on the dreamcast demo disc

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

some as old as spring

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

sonic games being bad is a meme so i cant trust any opinions except i know boom is bad

I was a Nintendo Kid so I never cared much about Sonic but from having of played it at my neighbor's house and wishing I had a Genesis at the time, and played Generations, it seems like a Sonic for Sega Kids, so it's probably p. deece.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I've never played Sonic Adventure 2 and didn't play much of 1. How much should I give a gently caress about these games and should I go back and play them?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

Generations and any Sonic before Heroes were good.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

metricchip posted:

I've never played Sonic Adventure 2 and didn't play much of 1. How much should I give a gently caress about these games and should I go back and play them?

sa2 is a lot more playable than sa1 and all around a much much better game, but its still very flawed. also that last question is up to you, do what you want & follow your heart.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
nothing in SA is even vaguely polished and it's not janky in the good way

SA2 is janky but playable and stuff like the light speed dash is actually usable now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I was a Nintendo Kid so I never cared much about Sonic but from having of played it at my neighbor's house and wishing I had a Genesis at the time, and played Generations, it seems like a Sonic for Sega Kids, so it's probably p. deece.

i had a genesis and i love generations im talking about sonic lost world exclusive for the wii u

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont think anyone actually bought it and most stores dont even have it anymore

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i had a genesis and i love generations im talking about sonic lost world exclusive for the wii u

if thats the game i'm thinking of then im pretty sure it's basically Colors 2 in terms of controls and design and stuff.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

sonic dreams collection.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Tell me how it is, it looks interesting but I'm worried the controls are bad or it just sucks in some way.

ok i ordered it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

nothing in SA is even vaguely polished and it's not janky in the good way

Fish got away? You died and have to start the level over.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

actually, he's right.

the giant murder truck in the generations level rules
Nobody gives a poo poo, douchebag.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

ok i ordered it

ahh gently caress

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

I'm extremely disappointed this isn't all three versions combined

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had Sonic Adventure 2 on the GameCube and it's a real pile. Everything about the controls sucks rear end! I had a lot of fun raising chaos though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
recent sonic games have a habit of being more or less good games with some real bad flaws ruining it and dragging everything down. exceptions are boom which is a mess and generations which is great but it took three tries to get that right. for lost world it's the controls and parkour system

songs consitently own tho

• Locked thread