Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sytakan
Jul 26, 2012

Ohyes.
Hello. I'm a 27 year old male, and I've been married for two years. I have a lot of issues that have made life very difficult, and since I don't see mental issue ask/tells too often, I thought I would make one. There was a bit of push from my therapist to talk about these things too.

Lemme give some backstory. If that bores you, you can skip it, I don't mind. I ramble a bit anyway.

My mother has a massive list of mental issues, and cannot properly operate in society. Last I heard of her, she was living in a renovated bank while addicted to heroin. We don't talk. She had me when she and my father were 18. Sadly, my father also had a wide amount of mental issues, though his were very minor and unknown to him at the time. The result was that I had a goddamn genetic cesspool of disorders to receive. I got the big three in the title there quite badly, and probably some minor others I still don't know about. But, unlike my mother, I can operate in normal society, although just barely. Naturally, my parents divorced, and my mother accused my father of being a child molester, which he most certainly wasn't. As such, my brother and I were put into foster care for a year when we were nine and five, respectively.

After my father won the case, we were removed from foster care and put into his custody. My mother slowly went more and more crazy, and I stopped communicating with her around 14, as she was growing abusive (not physically) and using suicide as a threat to get what she wanted. My father tried, but wasn't the best father, as his own issues were starting to flare up, and he started abusing painkillers, which I didn't find out about until I was 25. He's bipolar, and would switch to pissed-as-all-gently caress at random, which scared the crap out of me and my brother. We were very often punished for little to no reason.

Once I hit 18, I joined the Air Force, right around when my issues started to flare up. My issues were not detected, and were worsened by the military. After two and a half years I was given a medical honorable discharge. Shortly after returning to the states, I met my wife, who I believe is also insane, as she's married me. We dated for four years, and married two years ago.

Three years ago I was finally able to get help from the military, who (after a LONG process) put me on disability, which is steadily rising as I go to more and more therapy, which scares the poo poo out of me.

So that's the short version of my story. You guys can ask me ANYTHING related to anything I talked about, nothing is too personal, although I would prefer if the questions stayed on topic.

Note that because of these issues, I may just up and vanish. I don't intend to, and I usually don't get scared of text, so I don't expect it to happen. I just want to warn people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread