Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Did a second goon guild ever get created? I know the original one is always full with people waiting, and I'd be down for a second one for the sweet guild $$$ opportunities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Posting for a guild invite when it gets going: BLUNTZKRIEG 420

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Where do we see a guild invite? I'm not showing one anywhere

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Invite BLUNTZKRIEG 420, Im poor but I can put some gold in

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I just got two goblin kings, any reason to keep a second around?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

UScr00ge posted:

drat. Just missed the train. Think it'd be worth it to set up a 3rd guild then?

gem boiz are the third guild I think, unless they are the OG one? Gem blossums the 2nd guild is full otherwise Id invite you to that

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Disco Bandit posted:

I just started recently, but can I get a guild invite to the (I guess 4th?) guild. My invite code is IPJONES_1

Where do I have to be in the progression to unlock the area? When I click that it just says "Complete More Quests."

You have to beat the boss of the first region

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Not the greatest arena team, not a huge fan of berserker, and guessing you meant pegasus not unicorn? Regardless it can definitely get streaky. I try and remember the games I've had where I've filled up all four of my cards before they got a chance to go and I just demolished them while barely taking any damage. It is definitely frustrating to be purposefully trying to use up the last of the gem color they need and have every move add a new option for them.

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 21, 2015

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Ragingsheep posted:

Gives bonus mana.

To clarify it gives double mana. You get it every time you match 5+ and have the % chance based on your mastery of that color every time you match.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Obscil posted:

Invite sent to you. Sorry to the other people. There are just too many people and too few openings. If anyone has the gold, they should consider making a fourth goon guild.

I just went through the list of recent people and they either already all got invites or joined pubbie guilds because most of them it said were in a guild already.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Zotix posted:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to actually do. I've been doing quests but they seem largely useless outside of actually leveling up your guy. You barely break even with alchemist gold wise. It doesn't seem to yield anything else that is useful.

My team currently is my hero, Tao, druid alchemist. I've completed the first zone, and I'm a little ways into Adana. I think I could swap out druid for another utility to make my team synergize better. But I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to do in game to make progress.

The new zones are bad for making money, arena and PvP are the good ways to advance until you get a better gold base and team combos that can pump out the money

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Very first game I do with valkyrie, alchemist and banshee combo I got 105 gold and like 45 souls. This was with them all at 10

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

gromdul posted:

what do you do with the blue mana?

Weapon/turn it into yellow asap

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Invites sent to you last couple goons!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

seravid posted:

Got a little over 50 gems, buy a costume now or wait? I feel like buying now is the better move since saving up for the more expensive ones could take a long time and having even only 50% more [something] right now will really help. Not sure which one to choose, though, as they're all extremely useful.

Getting the 50 gem gold one is super useful when combined with the alchemist/Valkyrie/banshee combo, you can get 158 gold every mission not counting the rewards, plus a map here and there. Instead of losing gold you are making 70-100 each time! I have heard to skip the 100 gem ones though.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Thanks, but I already joined up with Gem Blossums. They should put something about pants making GBS threads or goatse in their invite message, though. I thought it was from some pubbies and almost deleted it before checking the thread.

not sure there is a way to include a message with the invite, otherwise definitely

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Two portals, a red chest and another 8 green chests as well. That was a good treasure map run.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

grrarg posted:

May I have a guild invite please? Invite code is GRRARG.

Sent!

In addition to the unit filtering, it would be really awesome if the desktop version of this game didnt freeze every time it lost focus. I don't want to sit through the dumb animations/loading screens every time

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I was confused as to how some people were getting so much gold, the answer? PvP. It is to gold what arena is to souls. 1200+ gold for one fight is crazy! (though that's with the 50 gem gold armor and the alchemist/banshee/Valkyrie combo)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

porktree posted:

Sweet weeping jesus Gorgotha is a pain in the rear end.

Goddamn, Gorgotha IS an rear end in a top hat. Third try just got him to 3 hp :argh:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Shroud posted:

Are there any spots open in the guild? I can only play sporadically, but I've got a buttload (~ 10,000) of gold I can use to pitch in).

Edit: Name is Shroud.

Invited to Gem Blossums

Davethulhu posted:

Been playing this for a few weeks now, didn't realize there was a goon presence. If there are still slots in the goon guild open, I'll apply when I get home from work.

I do have a question though, played my first arena yesterday (went 8-0), but I was stuck with the crude club. How do you set your weapon in arena mode?

What's your invite code? There isn't applying really, you can't search for guilds in any sane sense. We'll just invite

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

seravid posted:

Anyone else finding the game too easy? How are you lvl 100 guys doing in general? I'm at ~50 and, as long as the cash is right, I'll attack anyone. Dude 90 levels above me worth 1k? No hesitation since a win is pretty much guaranteed.

I'm still having fun, but I miss the challenge of the early game when you faced a tough team and only a lucky Rock Worm-fueled cascade could save your rear end.

It's the ai so yeah as long as you have a decent team/combo you are going to win. Unless you get really unlucky I suppose. The ai can't really pull off combos except by accident

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
How do you even set your defense team?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Yeah being able to trade in treasure maps for a base amount would be amazing, really easy to build up a ton of those while in a decent guild, especially if you are driving the alch/banshee/valkyrie combo.

Also loving RNG, I have 104 troops and no treeant. One of just a couple ultra rares I don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
So for special troops like goblin rocket, are people who didnt get it the first time just SoL? I see lots of teams using goblin rocket but I don't have one as the time I saw it in the store was when I first started playing.