Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
League Page

S1 Thread S2 Thread S3 Thread

Welcome to the fourth season of the Game of Roto: A Fantasy Fantasy League. Nerve has stepped down as commisioner so you will be subject to my arbitrary and capricious Lordship. None of these rules are set in stone so feel free to suggest any changes and we'll vote.

Arya ready for some football?

Site:
ESPN (free)

Scoring:

1Q / 2R / 2W / 1T / 1 WRT / 1DST / 7 BN - no kickers
0.5 PPR otherwise ESPN standard

Draft:
Sunday Sept 6 at 4 PM Eastern.
Auction - $200 budget.

Schedule:
H2H weeks 1 to 13.
Playoffs: 4 teams qualify then 2 rounds of 2-week playoffs (wks 14-17)

Keepers:
2 per team, last years auctions' cost plus $5.

GoT-themed team names:

Mandatory. No book spoilers please!

The Gridiron Throne
S1 Champ: nerve (Hallyne's Wildfire), S2 Champ: Sataere (We Do Not Suh), S3 Champ: uublog (The Raineys of Castamere)
S4 Champ: could it be you??

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Teams:

Westeros
1. nerve (Hallyne's Wildfire)
2. flax (The Manning Faced God)
3. TheSean (Bronny Football)
4. SouthShoreSamurai (Tyrion My Wayward Son)
5. Marshmallow Blue (All Men Must Tear ACLs)
6. It's Miller Time (Mance Raiders)

Essos
7. RVProfootballer (Khal Tebow of the Chipraki)
8. Zypher (The High Priests of Ag'holor)
9. Fight Club Sandwich (Milk of the Poppy Sleepers)
10. Michael Corleone (Great Biarves of the North)
11. Oh Snapple! (An Unleashing of Dragons)
12. dy. (White Welkers)

Keeper values for next season

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 6, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
FYI, the banner on the current thread is a broken link. Clicking last season's banner works though! This looks like the right url?

Anyway, if you don't mind an auction noob, I'd like a spot on the waitlist.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

FYI, the banner on the current thread is a broken link. Clicking last season's banner works though! This looks like the right url?

Anyway, if you don't mind an auction noob, I'd like a spot on the waitlist.

thanks fixed, you'll get first dibs on your choice of team if any go unclaimed (this matters for keepers)

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I would love to get into an auction keeper league if a spot opens up. Is there an entry fee?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
In on the waiting list.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'll be returning.

Draft date and FA rule are acceptable to me.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

dy. posted:

I would love to get into an auction keeper league if a spot opens up. Is there an entry fee?

This is a free league.

RVP and any others - there is at least one vacancy, I've updated the second post with instructions on how to view keeper values so you can think about who to tag. Keeper premium is $5 in addition to last year's auction value.

Players who were picked up from the waiver wire may be kept for $1 (+$5 keeper premium). I'd like to change this rule but wouldn't be fair to do this year, we'll talk about it after the league is full.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Sweet, I'm happy to take over "We Do Not Suh". Dates in 2nd post look good to me.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Thanks for taking over bud. Dates are good for me.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

In again. Just did my keepers. Keeping R. Wilson for $6+5 and Ingram for $5+5.

edit: I don't think the issue was dropping and picking up the same player, it was that you could pick up anyone in the FA pool and keep them for $5. In protest I used this to pick up C. Patterson, which went swimmingly.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 19, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Any provisions for switching out keepers if one is injured during preseason? No big deal either way, but if not I'll probably hold off on officially declaring my dudes just in case.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Any provisions for switching out keepers if one is injured during preseason? No big deal either way, but if not I'll probably hold off on officially declaring my dudes just in case.

You can submit new ones through 8/30? Then you have a Sunday through Thursday.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

You can submit new ones through 8/30? Then you have a Sunday through Thursday.

Oh alright, didn't know if when you set keepers they stayed set, or you could change them. Sounds good to me!

E: Shouldn't be much of a surprise, but I'm planning to keep Antonio Brown for $18+5 and Jordan Matthews for $1+5

sourdough fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 20, 2015

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I am not keeping anyone from my disaster of a team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm gonna step down from my spot. I don't have the time for this many leagues :ohdear:

House Boldin is up for grabs:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

OK teams are now open - dy. and Michael Corleone please select open teams (dy. gets first dibs).

We'll have 5 vacancies after the dibs list has processed - any prospective managers please feel free to call out an open team you'd like to pilot

TheSean
Aug 6, 2004

Horvath, Janowicz, Cassady, Griffin, George...
I missed the earlier posts, but I'm down to run Bronny Football again this year if that works. Draft/keeper preferences look ok to me.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Wait, forget my PM response, I thought that was about a money league. What are the keeper costs on House of Boldin? The other guy can have his team back, seems fair to me. I have time for 3 leagues, so am in.

e; found it. Lacy for 40 and Ellington for 11. Done.
e2; wait, all the teams that say open are open? Holding off on declaring a team, but it probably won't be Boldin.
e3; 4 Teams I have interest in, when is the deadline, and we can keep keepers 'forever' right? No team really has that 'perfect' set of keepers, all have flaws and values. And, I assume auction prices get really inflated because of a lack of talent available, right? Thanks!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 24, 2015

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

TheSean posted:

I missed the earlier posts, but I'm down to run Bronny Football again this year if that works. Draft/keeper preferences look ok to me.

Cool she's all yours

Michael Corleone posted:

Wait, forget my PM response, I thought that was about a money league. What are the keeper costs on House of Boldin? The other guy can have his team back, seems fair to me. I have time for 3 leagues, so am in.

e; found it. Lacy for 40 and Ellington for 11. Done.
e2; wait, all the teams that say open are open? Holding off on declaring a team, but it probably won't be Boldin.
e3; 4 Teams I have interest in, when is the deadline, and we can keep keepers 'forever' right? No team really has that 'perfect' set of keepers, all have flaws and values. And, I assume auction prices get really inflated because of a lack of talent available, right? Thanks!

Keeper deadline is this sunday - yes all open teams are open and keepers are forever with a $5 penalty each year. Auction prices are a bit higher than you'd see on a cheat sheet since managers have more budget to work with because of keepers (some dork drafted Nick Foles for $25 last year)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The Iron Rice Luck at 19 and Hill at 14. Call it in!

PM'd you my email.

e; Can we vote on 6 point passing TD's?
e2; I am considering the Bell team now, lets hold it off, but I will get it in so the next guys up can start picking, by tomorrow.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 24, 2015

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

The Iron Rice Luck at 19 and Hill at 14. Call it in!

PM'd you my email.

e; Can we vote on 6 point passing TD's?
e2; I am considering the Bell team now, lets hold it off, but I will get it in so the next guys up can start picking, by tomorrow.

If someone seconds the motion we can vote on it, sure. Same goes for any other rule change you guys want.

I'll let dy. & you have priority on open teams but starting tomorrow it'll be first come first serve.

Flax - can you post in here to confirm you're taking your team back? I noticed you renamed your team and keepered a few players but want to make sure you're in? Reminder to all new and returning managers that name changes are allowed and encouraged

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

If someone seconds the motion we can vote on it, sure. Same goes for any other rule change you guys want.

I'll let dy. & you have priority on open teams but starting tomorrow it'll be first come first serve.

Flax - can you post in here to confirm you're taking your team back? I noticed you renamed your team and keepered a few players but want to make sure you're in? Reminder to all new and returning managers that name changes are allowed and encouraged

Flax is my bud he is the only owner not on SA. He's playing.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The Luck Dynasty has begun...

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 25, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVP, do my team proud! Make those bastards pay The Iron Price! (Not to be confused with The Iron Rice)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

RVP, do my team proud! Make those bastards pay The Iron Price! (Not to be confused with The Iron Rice)

:patriot:

Gotta say, I was just going to take whatever team opened up first and hope for the best. Then seeing Brown and Matthews for <$30 made me do some booyas and hell yeahs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

:patriot:

Gotta say, I was just going to take whatever team opened up first and hope for the best. Then seeing Brown and Matthews for <$30 made me do some booyas and hell yeahs.

Honestly, with the team I had last year, I thought for sure I was gonna repeat. :(

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Sataere posted:

Honestly, with the team I had last year, I thought for sure I was gonna repeat. :(
With the prices I got AD and Manning for I thought I'd do a lot better than I did.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Sataere posted:

Excuse me sir, The Iron Rice are dead, long live the Luck Dynasty!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

Excuse me sir, The Iron Rice are dead, long live the Luck Dynasty!

Please rename your team to something game of thrones themed. Unless there's a reference i'm missing?

here is a picture to help inspire you

Khal Andrew
The Colt Who Will Mount the World
Andaerys Stormborn Mover of Chains

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Uh, I do not watch GoT. House of Luck or something like that better? Luck something but with a dynasty feel, thought that kind of went with GoT anyway.

e; One Tree Hill ? That is a TV show, will that work?

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 26, 2015

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

Uh, I do not watch GoT. House of Luck or something like that better? Luck something but with a dynasty feel, thought that kind of went with GoT anyway.

e; One Tree Hill ? That is a TV show, will that work?

I guess dynasties are vaguely game of thrones-ish. You should watch it (at least the first 4 seasons) - it's good, there's funny midgets, and shapely breasts

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I guess dynasties are vaguely game of thrones-ish. You should watch it (at least the first 4 seasons) - it's good, there's funny midgets, and shapely breasts

Alright, I will keep the name, but make your picture my logo, deal?

e; easier said than done, I even saved it to my own IMGUR. I guess I will downsize it later and try again.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 27, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
is this a for money league?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Can i snag a spot? E: email ddoucette777 at the gmails

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 27, 2015

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I would love to get in on this sweet sweet keeper action. How do UDFA's work? What is the price to keep?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

dy. posted:

I would love to get in on this sweet sweet keeper action. How do UDFA's work? What is the price to keep?

I would assume 1 base plus the standard 5 inflation for a total cost of 6, but I am not sure.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'll join up if there's still a slot

e: I'll take Raineys of Castamere if avail

Zypher fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 27, 2015

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

If that's the case I will take over Doug R. R. Martin if it's not already taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I will take the Lannister Golden Dumpster Fires if still available.

Also We Do Not Suh is goddamn genius. I may steal that for my regular league.

• Locked thread