Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I had a coworker who had been with the astronomy dept for 50 years, and biked to work every day.

He took care of his grandson (down's syndrome) and his wife (cancer) for years, all while biking to work 15 miles every day. He was in his mid 80s.

He got run over and killed last week because someone ran a red light (not him!)

I don't give a gently caress about this LOL YEAH FUNNY AND EDGY IM GAY new GBS bullshit when it comes to this topic. gently caress you if you think driving your car in an unsafe manner is at all funny, you're a goddamned rear end in a top hat and you should know it.

no one cares about some dumb ol tarot card reader getting smushed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

I had a coworker who had been with the astronomy dept for 50 years, and biked to work every day.

He took care of his grandson (down's syndrome) and his wife (cancer) for years, all while biking to work 15 miles every day. He was in his mid 80s.

I don't give a gently caress about this LOL YEAH FUNNY AND EDGY IM GAY new GBS bullshit when it comes to this topic. gently caress you if you think driving your car in an unsafe manner is at all funny, you're a goddamned rear end in a top hat and you should know it.

I call bullshit. 85 years old, biking....working? bullshit

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

and that man was albert einstein

and then everybody started clapping

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

What's the correct term for a group of cyclists traveling in a tightly-packed clump like that

Like would you call it a "gaggle" or a "swarm" or a "pustule" or what

loving annoying

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

why do americans hate cyclists more than anyone else? are they poo poo drivers or just dumber+fatter than everyone else? it's both

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

hemale in pain posted:

why do americans hate cyclists more than anyone else? are they poo poo drivers or just dumber+fatter than everyone else? it's both

A concerning amount of Americans believe murder is acceptable as long as you do it from behind the wheel of a car. It's even backed up by our justice system. Just look at the number of cases where a negligent or homicidal driver runs over a pedestrian and their only punishment is a moving violation.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
they deserve ridicule and shaming, not necessarily death imo

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

revmoo posted:

A concerning amount of Americans believe murder is acceptable as long as you do it from behind the wheel of a car. It's even backed up by our justice system. Just look at the number of cases where a negligent or homicidal driver runs over a pedestrian and their only punishment is a moving violation.

should I get punished more for what is otherwise an extremely minor accident because you decided to be on a bicycle?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress you if you think driving your car in an unsafe manner is at all funny, you're a goddamned rear end in a top hat and you should know it.

that's true tho

one of my friends was driving her car and I was sitting in it and she was driving like a teenager and I said 'bro... why you gotta drive like this?' and she said 'bc it's fun!' and I decided not to get in her car anymore.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

should I get punished more for what is otherwise an extremely minor accident because you decided to be on a bicycle?

yeah? if you hit a pedestrian you don't get to be 'well if they were were in a car it wouldn't have been that bad.'

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
edit: that joke actually made me feel bad. Sorry about your grandpa

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

youd have to be a retarded blind baby with no spatial awareness to hit a cyclist so you sohuld be punished yea

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

:this is what american people actually believe:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

hemale in pain posted:

youd have to be a retarded blind baby with no spatial awareness to hit a cyclist so you sohuld be punished yea

then why do any auto accidents happen

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
If you're a fat gently caress like the op then you should be forced to ride a bike until you aren't fat and can breath normally.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
like, i think people should be mostly allowed to do whatever they want, but riding a bike in traffic just seems foolish to me

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Germstore posted:

then why do any auto accidents happen

bad driving?

Novo posted:

like, i think people should be mostly allowed to do whatever they want, but riding a bike in traffic just seems foolish to me

that's not really dangerous getting clipped by a passing car is really unlikely.

whats going to kill you is someone not looking at a junction.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 19, 2015

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Bicycles make you lean and give you stamina

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Fellow cyclists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhlmKHbPFhU

Tape the shards underneath your seat, use liberally.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

Right in front of a cop? Probably was running from the cops to begin with and was trying to dodge them and hosed up those dudes.

You seem like you have some experience hitting people with a car

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hemale in pain posted:

because our bikers are narcissistic poo poo heads using roadways built for autos?

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

because our bikers are narcissistic poo poo heads using roadways built for autos?

http://www.roadswerenotbuiltforcars.com/

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

lolling

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
What if instead of a car a planetoid(moving uhh.. mach 20) smashned into these fuckers instead?? makes you think.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

nah

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lol gay

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

You mean what GBS was before it got taken over by the SJW crowd there for a bit?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Dead Gay Romans posted:

ing them dead.

This has been a public service announcement.

brb, using my Vehicle to Smash into Cyclists at a High Rate of Speed thus rendering them dead.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
ppl who ride bikes are really faggy :\

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Minimalist Program posted:

brb, using my Vehicle to Smash into Cyclists at a High Rate of Speed thus rendering them dead.

your mums car doesnt count as yours

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Enfield posted:

my uncle was killed adfter getting hit by a car on a bicycle. he gave me a necklace thing when i was a baby and i still wear it and cry

ahahha and your uncle was from south africa and the necklace was a tire filled with gasoline and you wore it until adulthood and then set fire to it and thus also toyourself + your face ha ha ha hahaha :twisted:

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minimalist Program posted:

And you learned it here at somethingisawful.com thanks Richard kyanka

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

your mums car doesnt count as yours

dude I am going to use my Vehicle to Smash into you at a High Rate of Speed thus rendering you dead.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I am not afraid of you retards and anyone who tries to flame me itt, is going to get a face full of me, using my Vehicle to Smash into them at a High Rate of Speed, thus rendering them dead.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I shall don my top hat and proceed to the general store whilst cycling on my 19th century bicycle.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

I shall don my top hat and proceed to the general store whilst cycling on my 19th century bicycle.

Do that - then guess what I am going to do to you, and what I am going to do it to you with, and what rate of speed I am going to do that.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

ppl who ride bikes are really faggy :\

but the ones that ride fixies are ubercool.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
This thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

My circumcised pit bull rides around on a bicycle while eating well done steaks and not tipping. Look twice, save a life.

• Locked thread