Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to...
THE WORLD

You are Entering the world's largest MMO, with over a million players, all prebuilt into your operating system, which is the only thing you actually have on the OS besides your Email, News and Forums.

Welcome to .Hack, the MMO simulator where you never have to actually talk to another human being. This game is anime as hell but I think for its time it had a lot of interesting concepts and the gameplay was pretty solid.

With me is a motley crew of nerds who act really nerdy for your entertainment. The roster includes Cowman, my co-host and resident drunk who doesn't care about anime and the such; GMArcturus the Kingdom Hearts guy who has some knowledge of the .hack universe; Mateo360 Power Rangers, Sentai, and .hack nerd, and finally Combat Lobster the mysterious Nerd.

Together we will explore the depths of hell that is .hack, and find out why I love it.

Each post will have all the emails and news articles that open up, plus any forum posts that are actually relevant or interesting. Don't expect a lot of forum posts...mostly because...well...

SOME RULES:
- Spoiler the spoilers, I don't mind spoilers in thread, but for those that have never touched .hack I don't want them to be spoiled
- Don't argue over canon, seriously, .hack's canon is dumb, and at times worse than Kingdom Heart's canon, so don't do that seriously
- Sit back and enjoy the ride.

So let's go on an adventure together and play some drat games.

.Hack//Infection Part 1
Cut Commentary Playlist
Uncut Commentary Playlist

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
[reserved]

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Intro

Email 1:

Email 2:

Email 3:

Email 4:

NEW TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM OPERATIONAL

"THE WORLD" TOPS 20 MILLION

NEURO GOGGLE FMD

0.49% ERROR RATE

WNC OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Be sure to tell me what you want me to name kite's character name and his username

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Aug 19, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
My submission for name Rusty Shackleford and if that won't fit then just Rusty.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

We need a Character Name and a User Name, I will choose my own subjective choice on the best name.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 19, 2015

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Dongs McDongs

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Oh hell, I forgot to submit a character name. Rusty Shackleford for the username and Deadbug for character name.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Jack Atlas for in-game name, and Crow Hogan for player name.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

xxXL33TPKerXxx in-game and Dingaling King player name. (Actually both work as in-game names now that I think about it.)

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 19, 2015

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Combat Lobster posted:

xxXL33TPKerXxx in-game and Dingaling King player name. (Actually both work as in-game names now that I think about it.)

Unless anyone has a better name I think this one is the winner.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
That truly is the mmoest of names.

One of the things I found funny about this game was, as pointed out, you could make an impossible dungeon, or one that was so easy it isn't worth your time.

Also, the anime that came with the game gave you spoiler locations that you could use in the game, which was pretty neat, but useless as far as I could tell.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Colander Crotch posted:

Also, the anime that came with the game gave you spoiler locations that you could use in the game, which was pretty neat, but useless as far as I could tell.

You trade them to people in the next volume for some rare weapons.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Well that explains it. I never played past the first game. Not even sure I finished this one.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm ready to watch all the anime :getin:

Putting a vote for Anime Boy as his character name

Cowman fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 20, 2015

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Oh you poor, poor bastard.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DoubleNegative posted:

Oh you poor, poor bastard.

What could possibly go wrong?
Everything

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

As we continue on today, we meet mimiru Blackrose and we go on a little adventure to defeat a gob.

EMAILS

FORUM POST OF IMPORT:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

part 3 is a total clusterfuck

ANIMEEEEE

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012
Ah, shoot. I was thinking of doing this one. Well, let's hope this doesn't get abandoned like the last.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

MrNekomata posted:

Ah, shoot. I was thinking of doing this one. Well, let's hope this doesn't get abandoned like the last.

I will try not to abandon it, I really really like this series. The only thing i could see causing me to abandon it is if some unforeseeable thing causes me to be unable to record.

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I will try not to abandon it, I really really like this series. The only thing i could see causing me to abandon it is if some unforeseeable thing causes me to be unable to record.

Ah, remember to save early and often. I've noticed there there was an bit of audio hiss that was a little distracting.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

MrNekomata posted:

Ah, remember to save early and often. I've noticed there there was an bit of audio hiss that was a little distracting.

Sadly I am trying to get that fixed but I can only do so much with a microphone I paid $11 for from DealExtreme.

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012

Sadly I am trying to get that fixed but I can only do so much with a microphone I paid $11 for from DealExtreme.

Well, is the voice directly mixed into the video or do you record it? A minor noise removal could fix that.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

MrNekomata posted:

Well, is the voice directly mixed into the video or do you record it? A minor noise removal could fix that.

I ran that through noise removal once, but I record it separately from the video, but I think I have got it fixed it should be better either next episode or the episode after.

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012

I ran that through noise removal once, but I record it separately from the video, but I think I have got it fixed it should be better either next episode or the episode after.

Welp, you tried. Surprised you didn't bring up the thing about Sieg.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

MrNekomata posted:

Welp, you tried. Surprised you didn't bring up the thing about Sieg.

I didn't think about it honestly. It'll come up eventually.

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012

I didn't think about it honestly. It'll come up eventually.

He doesn't appear again, besides on the forums ever again in the game.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

MrNekomata posted:

He doesn't appear again, besides on the forums ever again in the game.

Well there are other times we can talk about it

Like in the OVA's keyword

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I want to just say that I was drunk during episodes two and three so take that for what you will.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

MrNekomata posted:

Hey, hey, hey. I didn't abandon it. I finished that poo poo! :kamina:

I'm endlessly amused at Kite being named xxXL33tPKerXxx. I'm also now reminded of just how much I hate Blackrose.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DoubleNegative posted:

I'm endlessly amused at Kite being named xxXL33tPKerXxx. I'm also now reminded of just how much I hate Blackrose.

eh I don't mind her as much as I hate Minstral's shrill voice.

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

My mistake, I could of sworn the master list said it was abandoned.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Today we have more fun with two drunks on board.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Ah Mistral. My favorite companion in the game. What else is there to say but...

"She loving loves smilies."

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DoubleNegative posted:

Ah Mistral. My favorite companion in the game. What else is there to say but...

"She loving loves smilies."

Honestly I find her less useful as a character, she is a glass cannon but I find Blackrose/Piros/Sanjuro/Gardenia more valuable partners.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Well it looks like the LP Curse struck me, the computer I had all the game stuff on is currently having HDD issue, I am trying to recover the videos (I had all of the first game recorded) but incase I can't get it back, I might have to close this LP until I get a new HDD or a new PC.

Edit:
Recovery in process
We should be good to continue.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 7, 2015

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Well it looks like the LP Curse struck me, the computer I had all the game stuff on is currently having HDD issue, I am trying to recover the videos (I had all of the first game recorded) but incase I can't get it back, I might have to close this LP until I get a new HDD or a new PC.

Edit:
Recovery in process
We should be good to continue.

shouldn't have said anything dude

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Part 4 - Piros, the Small Headed King (Uncut Commentary)
Part 4 - Piros, the Small Headed King (cut Commentary)

Sorry for no graphics this time, still getting my PC up to snuff

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Episode 5 - oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

To be fair, outside of a few cutscenes we'll get the full experience sooner or later.

• Locked thread