Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

cult_hero posted:

I personally find it a bit of a travesty that the only mention of federation ground forces is a single episode when they're all jumpy and depressed. The whole premise of the Dominion War screams for coverage of the poor drat redshirts on the ground finally succeeding and maybe liberating a bunch of omnisexual Batazeds.

It was great to see Tuco Salamanca as a redshirt though

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Figaro posted:

Defiant by Worf son of Mogh

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Melchior posted:

I asked mike okuda on twitter one time what happens to food you eat on the holodeck, trying valiantly to obfuscate the fact i was trying to determine if you had to poop it out or not. He said it was probably replicated food.

TNG answered this in one of the early seasons - it is replicated food. Holodecks are a combination of holograms for looks, force fields for collision physics, and replicators for food/drink/lube

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I wonder if anyone has been autistic enough to count the exact number of redshirts killed in each series.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Just finished DS9. It's good to see the wormhole open again

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I finished DS9 last week and I already miss it :(

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
You know who never had back issues? The night crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ApQrbhQp8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I had to do a double take. Thought he said Bashir.

Now that would be a sexy metaphor :riker:

• Locked thread