Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ash
Healthy | Armor 1 | XP ●●○○○» | Barter-1

I wrinkle my nose at the acrid smoke, waving a hand to clear it from my face.
"Hey, yeah I got a little biz for both of you." I drop my bag and start rummaging while Tweek bounces from foot to foot.
I pull the tangle of wiring and random metal bits out of the bag and slide it towards Tweek. "For you, my man, as per our deal."
I figure he's the guy who helps me keep my winch, line, and hook in top form. and he checks out tech poo poo I find when I dive.
Next, I start pulling out the sealed cans, stacking them neatly on the deck.
"So, yeah Echo, this is another delivery for your Captain, usual rates and your cut. I had a time dodging your boy Lawdy while trying to find you. He's trying to cut in on our biz. Nothing I can't handle, but I dunno if you've got any interests to protect on that front."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Marsh, Randolph nods along in enraptured adoration as you lay out his task before him.

"Big Kelly? Not a he, a she, Emissary! You'll know her if you see her, big girl, blue hair, normally wears this ratty leather jacket." he says. He's nervous, like he has something else he wants to say. "The food will help, but... I don't know... times are tough right now. I'll see who I can get hold of short notice. I'll bring who I can."

It's like an hour before he comes back and he's got six others with him. They're all eating fried fish on sticks and the greasy patches on their clothes tell you that they've taken more home. These guys will be around for a while if you need them. The others?

"Sorry for the low turn out, Emissary," Randolph says. "Some people are missing or well, not where I expected them to be. Others are stuck working or, you know, they can't get away safely or secretly. I hope it pleases you, but I gave them food too. Some of them were starving. They can't come right now, but they will remember!"

"I know Big Kelly!" a man says, stepping forward and bowing deeply. "She's the leader of a gang. They've all got those jetskis and they ride The Tide. They're bad people, Emissary. Hard and cold."

Another of your followers pushes Randolph aside and reaches out to tentatively touch your hands.

"What would you have us do, what would Lord Mazrak have us do?"

Name the man who knows Big Kelly. Also, why does he like Poco? Name the woman who asks about Lord Mazrak. What's the first thing you notice about her?

Doom, Lizbyet's smile never falters. drat she's hard. She reaches into her jacket and takes out a cigarette, strikes a match against the deck and lights it. She reaches down and puts the cigarette in your mouth, then shoves the hot end of the match into your forehead.

"Doom, huh? Well Doom, you've got a mouth as big as your balls it seems. How many times you think I have to kick you in the face before you fall into The Ocean?

But as you're looking up into her dark brown eye you realise that she's kind of digging the game you're bringing. Maybe not sexually, but despite herself, she likes you. Maybe she's bored, but chasing you and letting you dangle seems to amuse her. She's still pretty angry and she's almost certainly not done hurting you, but as you stare up at her you realise she isn't going to kill you.

You're big - the burning match isn't going to hurt you any.

Nicaragua, Gristle's eyes go wide like he can't believe he's luck.

"Yeah... yeah that sounds real nice...."

Someone is roaming the halls outside calling the pig's name. Gristle grunts and you can see the thing playing out in front of him - you're here and real and flesh and way out of his league but he can't have you yet and it's killing him. He grabs your shoulders, gets close then moans and gently pushes you away.

"Later," he says. "Later, baby, I'm gonna rock your world so hard Conquest Hermes will sink."

He glances around the room and then digs around inside a cabinet hidden in the shadows.

"Chuck these on and walk like you belong here, love," he says, chucking you a bundled up apron. "Might want to take the big hat off, makes you look proper fancy. My room's by the kitchen, go wait for me there and i'll be there as soon as I can. Cap' wants his breakfast, but I'll rush it!"

Then he grabs some meats in his sweaty arms, gives you one more hungry glance, and he's gone.

What's the plan?

I'm going to cut both your rolls there because you've basically done them both already and you can't reroll on the same situation. That said, I'm going to say that your body language and demeanour have swayed him. Gristle's going to help you out!

Ash, Tweek goes from being a dervish of energy to being a focused and quiet man. He takes each item in turn and investigates them with the methodical precision of an engineer. His hands move in this sort of rolling, fluid motion, turning and changing and clearing and poking and stroking each part of machinery.

"Scrap!" he says about one piece, and throws it over the side and into The Ocean. It's his usual method. "Wouldn't be able to get anything for it. This, on the other hand, is good and I'll take it. This is also good. This isn't anything, but I bet you can trick someone into taking it. This is scrap too, BUT it's the right shape and weight to use as a counterweight somewhere, someone will need it eventually."

He carries on and you let his voice slide into the background. He's talking more to himself than to you.

"So that little bitch Lawdy wants a cut of my profits, huh?" Echo mutters. She doesn't sound that annoyed. Probably isn't that threatened.

She turns the cans disinterestedly in her hands one by one, then dumps the whole mass in a sack.

"I'll make sure they get to Nicaragua, and I'll have the money to you as soon as." She's picking at her fingers, like there might be something else she wants to say. You could push her to talk about it, but hell, your business is done and maybe you don't care. Perhaps you've got more important stuff to do today?

Did you take the barter yet? If not then take it now.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ash
Healthy | Armor 1 | XP ●●○○○» | Barter-2

I'm not great with human social cues, even if I technically am a human, but I notice Echo fidget. She's usually straight up with me so I ask.
"You look like something's up? Hit me."

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gull
2/5 XP | 1-barter | 1-armor | Healthy

Gull takes another one of those inside deep breaths. He learned from his ma that you don't ever let anyone see inside that you're nervous, that the moment they see that, you're toast. The card sits there on the bar, the back covered in white and blue houndstooth. It doesn't match the backs of the rest of the deck; none of the cards do. The whole pack of them a hodgepodge of different shapes and sizes, but when she shuffles them, she knows what she's doing. Sometimes she's loving with you, sometimes she's not.

"Yeah, I do," he says, as if he hadn't mentioned anything about The Deck. "Your girl, Hymn. I'm guessing she hasn't been in today? I'm looking for her beau, Bartlett, on account of someone snatched him outta the brig and I aim to put him back there." He takes a sip. Mushrooms, mixed with cinnamon and ginger and... is that grenadine?

She grins a mouthful of a perfectly white, clean teeth. One of the goldfish on the bar leaps from its bowl, does a little arc in the air, and lands back in with a splash.

"And yeah, I know how this works. One card. Tells you what you want, but you probably won't like what you see, if you can figure it out. You laugh at me, regardless of what the outcomes is, because I somehow believe in this thing way more than you do even though you're the only one who can make it work. And one time when I was six or thereabouts I stole a pan of biscuits from out the scullery and ate all of them. The cook beat the poo poo out of Tom, one of the mates, in front of everybody because he had crumbs on his tunic, and I let it happen and didn't tell no body, and my mom's said to me 'see, that's what happens when you steal' cause she was the flagbearer and wanted to make sure her kid wasn't a fuckup like the rest of the crew."

Without looking, Gull flips the card over and finishes his drink all in one big gulp. He carefully sets the glass down, and picks up the card by the corner, holding it as far away as he can while still being able to read it. "The...Instructions... For... Using... Your... What's this word here?"

"Tarot," Niles says. It isn't the first time she's helped him read. At some point when he blinked, she moved over to his side. She does that.

"Tarot.. Deck." He inspects the card a bit, still treating it like it's going to bite him: there's a ton of writing on it, lots of little lines that are pretty hard to read in the low light of the bar. "Okay, this isn't like the one with the bear, or the two guys joined at the waist, or the tower falling over. What does this mean?"

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 31, 2015

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seca Laaola
1/5 XP | 2-barter | 2-armor | Healthy

Blackframe is between me and the Arrow. A dead ship that they tell me's been chained in the armada for so long that nobody can get it out even though it doesn't serve a purpose anymore. The other reason it's still here is the stories that go around. Everyone who tries to free it dies. At least that's what I hear. Stories of people trapped belowdecks that you can hear screaming when you sail through a Maelstrom. Things from the Deep Ocean that have found themselves into the salty hold of the ship. It's not a pleasant place to be. But it is the shortest route, even over its rotting timbers.

Ugh.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Doom
3/5 XP | 1-barter | 2-armor | Bleeding

I saw that match coming from a mile away, hell, I would've been sorta disappointed if she hadn't planted it in my forehead. I take a long drag of the cigarette, it doesn't taste quite as good as it smells but I can definitely see myself getting used to it. "Nice." I slowly exhale the smoke in her face.

"Kicking me off the boat with those boots and those legs?" I pretend to consider it for a moment. "If you're pissed enough and put some unrestrained violence into it like I know you could I'd say a couple good hits in quick succession would do it. Hell, you're kinda my style so I might give you the first one for free. The second?" I puff on the smoke again. "I'll regret spoiling these fine cigarettes you're packing but you and me are going swimming."

"So, is this the way you usually deal with whoever your sister drags home when she gets bored or am I getting the luxe treatment?"

Spending my second hold: What does Lizbyet intend to do?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Ash, Echo is kind of umming and aaahing about it, but doesn't seem like she really wants to talk about it yet. You could probably force it out of her with some harsh words, but hey, it's her business.

"I better get back to Fortune Smiles, get you your jingle," she says. She leans over and kisses Tweek on the cheek as he carries on searching through the metal, sorting it into various piles. He kisses the air vaguely in her direction, distracted by your haul. Echo pats your arm and makes her way back towards home.

Tweek is basically silent, ignoring you whilst he's off in his own little world. Finally, he sets the piles apart, kicks on down into the trapdoor, throws one overboard, and shoves one to you with his feet. There are only a couple of bits of scrap in your pile, but that's how you like it.

"You can go peddle this yourself if you like," he says. "Or leave it with me and I'll try and sell it for you."

Your morning's business is pretty much concluded. You've gone diving and sold your wares. Question is: What's the plan for the rest of the day?

Gull, when Niles laughs its this sound that comes from inside the back of your head. Not literally, but almost. Another person gets up and leaves, the folks who are left in Molly are the ones who are here enough to know what Niles' deal is.

She takes the card and when her fingers brush against yours its like you're back there in that moment where Tom was taking a beating. Just for a single instant you feel that stab of shame and fear and self-loathing but there's this dash of pride that you were smart enough to get away with it. It's so specific and so immediately recognisable that your breath catches because you've never quite felt that EXACT mix of emotions before.

Niles slides the card back into the deck and takes a sip from your glass.

"Hymn is missing," she says. "I haven't seen her since yesterday. She left in the middle of her shift. She's not Bartlett's anything though. She's crazy. Real crazy. Old world crazy. Not stared at the Maelstrom too long crazy, more like hasn't got enough vitamins and so her brain backfires or something crazy."

She moves back around the bar and places both her hands out in front of you as if to say 'proceed'. She taps the deck.

"So. Instructions. You had a question and you got a direct answer, literally the answer which explained how everything works. But that's not good enough for you, is it? That means you've got the tools you need, you just need to piece them together right. Hymn is missing. Bartlett is missing. And in fifteen seconds..."

She waits in total silence. You count them and it's fifteen exactly when the door bursts open. It's Oxford and he's got sticky blood on him. Old blood.

"Gull, problem!"

Seca, you're halfway across Blackframe and there's this creepy mist coming up off The Tide. Always seems to happen around here. It's one of the reasons you hate it. Anyway, you're making your way through and you're sort of having to scoop the fog out of the way with your arms and you're trying to go quick but you don't want to run into anything and then suddenly there's hands grabbing your shoulders and spinning you round. You can kind of make out these shadows in the darkness and the deck beneath your feet is creaking too loud. You've heard about Blackframe being like this, but you've never seen it before. Something is making it flare up. This isn't normal.

And then gently caress gently caress gently caress you realise you don't even know which direction you're facing any more. I mean, its a boat, if you head in one direction you'll reach AN edge, but which edge will it be and will the hands that turned you around be the hands which push you over the edge.

What's the plan, my man?

Doom, Lizbyet smiles. She brings her leg back but she's kidding and she's purposefully making it obvious. She's done kicking you. Instead she falls back and lands on her rear end on the deck, strangely keeping her legs well within grabbing distance of you. You could be clutching her and hitting The Tide together in seconds if you felt like it.

"Come on Doom, you really that dumb? You know how well my little sister can do? Half the boys and girls on this armada would marry her if she'd let them, and the others would sell everything they had for a night with her. I hope you made the most of it, comrade."

She lays down and stares up at the sky.

"She thought you were good looking. It's not like I pimped her out to you. I just told her your name and pointed you out and she said she was more than happy to set you up for me. You slept with my sister, now you owe me."

Huh. Looks like Lizbyet intends to make an offer you can't refuse.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seca Laaola

It's a loving boat it's a loving boat it's a loving boat. Dead boat maybe but still a drat boat. It's got a side, it's got a chainbridge linking it to the next boat. Just keep moving, just keep moving, just keep moving. These are the kinds of hands you can't look back at shouldn't look back at, and draw your attention...fuckin' hell I think I'm almost to the edge but do I draw the Ripper? i probably can't loving just slice whatever's out there but I'll do it if I have to but I'd rather just get off this loving boat goddamnit Arrow where the gently caress are you

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doom

I knew that was the only night I'd ever have with Minnie back when she picked me up, figured she was out slumming and went looking for danger then found me, but hearing that I was set up? That I was played? Now that loving stings worse than the gunshot. I slowly reach out for Lizbyet's left leg but only make it halfway before I clench my hand to a fist in frustration. Instead I put my palms flat on the deck and push myself up onto the deck.

I tower over her with the sun at my back, covering her completely with my shadow. There's nothing of the smile left on my face. "You're playing with fire Liz. How long have you kept your eye on me?"

I grit my teeth. "And what would you have me do?"

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Nicaragua, the Maestro D'

Right, now that's done with...
Making sure she looks as inconspicous as possible, Nicaragua grabs a platter with a few pieces of food on, and proceeds to search for a way outside.
She has already spent too much time on this hunk of junk.

Do I need to roll to leave? If so;
Acting under fire: 2d6+2 8

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ash

I watch in confusion as Echo leaves. Whatever, gently caress it.
"Nah Tweek, you keep it, throw me some jingle if it works out, but no pressure."
I shift my empty bag, and 'Hook on my back and make way across the ships. Biz is over, now it's playtime.

I wander aimlessly among the ships for some time, I duck into a small eatery on a canoe that I like. They do good fishnoodles. After that my feet take me past the Molly, odd to see it so empty like this. I wander in and find Gull sitting with Niles the weird. Ugh. I walk past the Law like he ain't there, and make my way to the bar.
"Gimme something strong." I ask him.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gull

It all seems so obvious once her voice sounds in my head, the resounding crash of the water, the everpresent wave and lap of the sea, the neverending roar and rush that’s always just underneath your thoughts like the Ocean is under the Tide. Water isn’t just a single thing, it’s a liquid, it can be divided, it can be put together, it can be separated, without any loss or damage to the water itself. People are not like that. People are separate. People cannot be separated. Pain comes from separation. Pain comes from combination. Pain comes from involuntary separation and combination. If you examine anything closely enough, you’ll see that it contains within itself a perfect copy of the thing itself, just smaller, and that in the thing’s past, it will play out its future. The law is in ourselves. The traditions that are carried on are the traditions that survive.

“What did you put in this, anyways?” I hear myself ask Niles, looking at the glass. The whole bar looks a lot nicer. She’s cranked up that old music player, the one with the black discs that only plays properly when the tide is perfectly calm. My hands are melting into the wood of the bar.

She takes a sip too. I remember her voice in my head, a man being beaten because of a chain of events that lead back to me, but then, that’s not right, because I was hungry. Why was I hungry? Because ma hadn’t brought home any food. Why didn’t she bring any food? Because she was busy. Why didn’t da? Because he was gone, long gone, somewhere out across the Tide. We didn’t know him. He was a stranger to us. Everyone else seemed to eat just fine. Why would ma forget about me? Our cabin had guns, bullets, billy clubs, knives of all sorts, but nothing you could eat. Was I supposed to do this? What does any of that matter now? “Hymn is missing,” Niles says inside my head. Did we sing hymns as children? Did we worship something greater than ourselves?

She taps the deck, her palms open, her expression tilted to one side. It hasn’t gone like this before. “You had a question and you got a direct answer, literally the answer which explained how everything works. But that's not good enough for you, is it?”

It all snaps back into place. Nothing is hosed up anymore, I think. “Oh, right, of course,” I hear myself say. “Hymn. Singer. ”

“Fifteen seconds,” Niles says.

I stare at the door. It’s bright, painful bright, but the answer will emerge.

---

"Gull, problem!"

“loving hell, Ox! What did you do?”

“Nothing! Come outside, or, no, better don’t. Some fucker’s shooting up the place from far away. Didn’t you just hear?”

“What?”

“Just look!”

So Gull does, carefully crawling over to the door and peaking out. And yeah, there’s an old dude Gull can’t recognize with a big chunk of his chest missing, and his skull caved in. His fish bucket is sprawled across the deck, but no one seems eager to run out and grab it, considering. Gull shoots a look back at Ox.

“Well, it wasn’t right to let the guy bleed to death...”

“You could stand there and finish the guy off while waiting for the shooter to reload--?”

Gull doesn’t have time for that now. The angle of the shot compared to the map in his head would mean that it’s probably coming from the Drago. Cap 690’s ship. They’re new, and 690 wouldn’t mind seeing Red dead. Funny way to start a mutiny, though.

Read a Sitch: 2d6+2 9
Mark XP for rolling Sharp

What’s the best way out of here without getting gunned down?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Seca, you head straight and despite the mist and the general mugginess inside your brain, you manage to tread your way to the edge of the boat. You find a rail, rotten and weak, but still present. It comes in really handy a few seconds later when the hands get you again. This time one seems to brush against your back unsuredly, then another lashes out much harder. It's a punch, but it only hits you gently because whoever punched you seems desperate to make as little contact as possible. You bend over the rail and see a terrified figure standing behind you. It's Vargas Twice-Drowned and he doesn't look good. He's got his normal dumb facepaint on, but its all streaming and smeared and doesn't resemble its normal skull pattern. His eyes are wide and his hair is all lank and drooping down. He looks like he's been sitting in the water for a while.

"Are you real?! Are you real?! Where are we? Oh god!" he screams. He turns away and runs back into the mist and it seems to part for him, then swallow him whole. A moment later he reappears. "Help me! Help me, Seca! The Maelstrom's coming!"

He steps back and just folds over into a crouch, wrapping his legs around his knees and hugging them to his chest. He's just a faint dark outline now. He can hear you and you can go back and grab him and JUST JUST JUST keep sight of the railing... at the moment...

The chain to The Arrow probably isn't far away and you can get off and out. Vargas is a dick and he's not your concern (or is he? So far all I know is that he's a killer), but hell, you can't imagine what it would be like to spend any time on this drat ship.

Doom, Lizbyet smiles.

"Don't flatter yourself. You're nothing THAT special. Not really. Fact is, I needed someone big and strong, but not just in the body, also in the mind. There's a lot of guys and girls around here who are one or the other, but not many who are both. I need someone who is... uncompromising, and sensible and not a whack job, but can also handle a gun. Again, your name kept coming up. Tell me, Doom, what do you know about armada voting rights for vessels?"

Nicaragua, you make your exit with style and flare, slipping silently but colourfully off of Strago's ship and out onto public ships. You've got his hat, you've got his pistol, and whilst Gristle is going to be real blue-balled when he gets to his cabin and you aren't there, well... he'll live.

You make it home in record time but before you can stash the hat, Lawdy is up and hastling you.

"Nica, Nica, Ash came by. Think she's got some luxe feed for you. Aaaaaand look what I wrangled off of her for free!"

He holds up an old gas mask, metal and rubber and god-drat it if all the plugs and washers look like they're still in tact.

"Just like you wanted. Once I got this all fixed up, me and Ash are going to The Purifier to get..." he looks around carefully... "that thing you wanted."

Nica, so what's so important that you'd have people don masks and delve into the poisonous depths of The Purified? You can send Lawdy to get the mask fixed somewhere, or you can let him try and fix it himself.

Ash and Gull,

Ash you arrive and take your drink just before Oxford comes bursting in. He's covered in blood and blood means trouble so without even thinking you follow Gull out.

Ash, you catch something about gunshots coming from The Drago and then you see the dead body laying out in the open. Hard calibre to the chest. Probably quick. Didn't look like his heart was pumping blood out for long. The deck is empty now and the view to The Drago is blocked by this thick mist that's settling in across a stretch of 'decklocked' ships. You can hear the sounds of things going wrong on the other side of the fog, but there's also this background humming sound that makes your bones itch.

Gull, getting out of here without getting gunned down is easy. Whoever is taking shots from The Drago (or in that direction at least), probably can't see you through this weird fog. The question is, where do you want to go and what are you going to do? If you want to get to The Drago then your safest route is to go around and stay low, plus it would probably be a great idea to take Oxford and Ash with you, if she'll tag along. On the other hand, if you want to get out then you can just split, but that's not really your job now is it? Oxford, on the other hand, has a clear idea about where your attention should lay.

"Gull, Poco's out," he says. He's down low, crouching behind nothing in particular. "Let Red handle whatever's happening that way. Someone killed Poco the same way Singer got done aaaand I don't think it was Bart. You got to find this Hymn girl fast because I'm worrying about Bart's chances. And... look... Webster won't be happy if we don't try and help his brother."

What's the plan?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gull
3/5 XP | 1-barter | 1-armor | Healthy

Cripes. Bodies everywhere today. We'll let the Drago be Red's problem for now. Last thing I need is Webster killing half the crew before being put down, and then having to deal with his Ma going after us and burning the farmship down over her son getting killt. Regardless of who Archcaptain is, that poo poo hurts everybody.

"Wait, so you were covered in blood before you bashed the olden head in? No, no, don't answer that. Poco just got whacked? Was it on the Wicket itself? Whoever did it can't be too far, then. We've gotta move quick, then. I'm sick of being one step behind this fucker.

"Ash, think we could borrow you for a bit? Putting together a posse and I could use a deputy."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doom

My nostrils are flaring and my heart is beginning to pump pure anger through my veins. The hell is wrong with this woman? "Fine." I growl. "I'll humor you, but then you had better loving start speaking because my patience is wearing really god drat thin."

"I've only been with the Conquest for six months, one of which I spent blissed out in a sickbay recovering from my past, so I don't know poo poo about its history. But I've seen the charter and I got the gist of the power structure.

"If you've got a ship and a crew that's dumb enough to call you Captain then you get a vote. Every other son of a bitch like me gets nought, except for getting pissed on by those with status like you. The ArchCaptain is elected among the Captains by a majority vote and then rule for life, if the ArchCaptain kicks the bucket a vote should be held as soon as can be, in the meanwhile her second assumes her position. Along with the title comes command of the Arrow, which is the seat of power and the largest ship in the armada with the largest crew. I couldn't care less about what the ArchCaptain does with her previous ship, whatever she wishes I guess.

"From the Arrow she controls the heading of the armada but beyond that her power is not absolute, the Captains maintain some autonomy over their own ships and convene to vote over major issues, I figure it's that way to placate them so that they don't gently caress right off to clearer waters. In times of crisis and warfare the ArchCaptain's power is far greater and the Captains are even forced to comply with her orders under pain of death — if the orders are for the greater good of the armada and doesn't unjustly put their vessels at danger. That last concept is really loving nebulous though, guess it depends on how much de facto power the ArchCaptain can muster and how unruly the Captains are.

"That enough for you?"

gently caress, I don't even know if I've spoken that much in total since I got to this armada. I god drat hate politics.

"My turn. So I'm not special. I'm just some hard gently caress whose name some assholes happened to drop on your lap. Then you decided to have your sister gently caress me so that you can gently caress with me. Why the gently caress did you not just drop a pile of jingle on me if you wanted my skill set so badly? I owe you? How the gently caress do you even figure that? You baited me here with your sis, you shoot me in the leg, act real cute and then go on to infuriate me to no end. The only reason I'm listening any longer is because the second most powerful person in the fleet got it into her head that she owns me. You want someone sensible? You better hurry up because you're driving me loving nuts with this bullshit. What do you loving want from me?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ash

I barely get to enjoy the acrid burning in my throat when the guns go off. gently caress.
One of Gull's boys comes running in, covered in blood, whining like a baby. I tighten my seabag's strap across my chest, and snatch my Greathook from where it had been propped up on the bar. gently caress. I quickly register the body and the general sense of danger out here when Gull starts recruiting me. gently caress. Fine. Ok.

"Sounds like a plan, but one condition, when this poo poo gets real, I don't want you crying to me if I have to gut a few assholes. I don't do the prisoner thing. We good?"

I get a firm grip on my Greathook, following close behind and slightly to the side of Gull. It's a standard battle stance, Gull's got the gun, so I just have to focus on eviscerating anyone dumb enough to try to get to him through me.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gull

Gull nods.

"We're two bodies deep already. Soon as we figure out who did it, only place I want to see this son of a bitch is with a hole in their chest or swinging from a rope."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seca Laaola

Vargas. Normally when poo poo is this hosed I'd just leave him to die. But something tells me there's plenty worse than death on this hulk, and hell. He's seen me, he's asked for my help. I leave him now, he'll probably haunt me or something hosed like that. So, steel my fuckin guts and into whatever mess this is. "Yes I'm loving real, Vargas. I'm the loving realest. Get your poo poo together and let's GO!" I can barely tell if I'm yelling at him or myself.

Act Under Fire: 2d6+3 8

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Doom, Lizbyet tilts her head at you.

"Ya done?" She asks. "Good. I'm just doing what I'm told, Doom. You're smart, but you're not smart enough to know EVERYTHING that's going on, right? Like, you would admit that. I've got my reasons for doing things the way I'm doing them. That's the thing with the world - sometimes things just have to happen the way they have to happen. If you're worried about jingle, don't be. You keep playing it smart and you're not going to be struggling for barter any time soon. We want you on retainer, which means you're free to do whatever you want but I might drop by at any point and call you up for service and you'll drop whatever you're doing and do what I want you to do instead."

She stands up and lights another cigarette off of the end of your dying one, then kicks the dying one out of your mouth and puts the fresh on between your lips.

"But the first thing I need you to do is find a fixer called Nick Half-a-Care. They handles something that they shouldn't have and it's founds its way god knows where. I need you to find out where it went, but I can't tell you what it is. That's why this is such a bitch. Nick handles a lot of iffy crap, but I think if you push him hard enough, he'll know exactly what you're talking about, even if he fakes like he doesn't. Find out who he sold it/gave it to and what they were going to do with it. Then come to The Arrow and let me know. Any questions?"

Seca, your words spill out of your mouth with the heavy thickness of smoke and just vanish into the fog. Vargas starts rocking back and forth on the spot and scratching at his face. He's smearing his dumb facepaint all over and he's starting to draw blood cause his nails are all long and dirty. If he keeps it up he's going to get it infected and antibiotics are not something that come often to Conquest Hermes. The fog is closing behind you, obscuring the rail until its just a very very faint outline. Vargas is being a little bitch (no...no he's not... this isn't fear... this is brain-broken...what the hell is he doing out here?!)

"How do I know?" he mutters. "I've seen plenty of people here and just as I start to trust them, they turn to loving dust. How do I know you're real?"

Your chance to get to safety is narrowing by the second and just as you're thinking that something cuts through the fog what feels like inches from your face. Sniper shot. Not at you though. What the gently caress is going on?

Tough choice: Leave Vargas behind OR Roll+Scurvy to open your mind about Vargas. If you do the latter and get a 6+, presume that you get off of the ship with him alive. If you hit a 6 or lower maybe not...

Gull and Ash,

Oxford looks back at the body on the floor.

"Gull, you're getting things messed up. I don't have anything to do with that guy, there's someone taking pot-shots from the other side of that foggy ship. This is all something else. But yes. Poco got done on The Wicket. She was dead a while though. If Hymn and Bartlett are together then they could be almost anywhere. Think, Gull, this is your whole deal. You know how to do poo poo like this. They can't expect to hide out here forever, they'll need to get off Conquest Hermes quickly and quietly. Where would you go if it was you?"

Well, Gull, where WOULD you go if you wanted to get off Conquest Hermes quickly and quietly? If you go there then I need both of you to roll me an Act under Fire roll.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seca Laaola

gently caress it. I'm gone. Back towards the Arrow.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gull

"Alright, if I was leaving with minimal fuss, best place to get out would be the Sharp Iron, that weird little sailboat thing hanging off the Capital Gains. Last I heard, old Penn was bragging about the engine he'd stuck in it. It's got these big blades on the front and back, and once the thing gets going, it don't even ride on the water anymore. He loves giving rides to anyone crazy enough to go with him. I dunno where he finds the barter to keep it gassed, but then he doesn't make trouble, so it hasn't been worth looking into. So I'd go out with him, then once we got far enough, cap him and sail away.

"If I remember right, he's over on the starboard side of the armada, in that little cluster in front of the Fortune. We'd best get moving."

Act Under Fire: 2d6 8

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 3, 2015

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ash
Healthy | Armor 1 | XP ●●●○○» | Barter-2

"Well let's loving do it, then!"
I charge up after Gull, keeping up easily with the man.
Act Under Fire 12 +XP

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doom

Alright, just gonna close my eyes and smoke for a moment, cool the nerves. Not the first time I've gotten mad but that was just loving whiny, not constructive and not like me. There's something about Liz that just lets her crawl right underneath my skin. Think I labeled her as trouble that I could do without? Not so sure anymore. Too late now anyway, I'm definitely into these cigarettes by now.

"Yeah, I ain't scurvy enough to claim that I know everything and I figure I'm smart enough to realize I don't know poo poo. Your reasons, whatever they were," I scratch my stubble and shrug. "We're good. Besides, as far as getting recruited goes?" I grin and fix her with my eyes. "Sex, smokes and violence? You got my blood pumping real good, not going to make the mistake of being a whiny little bitch about it anymore."

I think about the name for a sec and I get an image in my head. "I think I know the guy. Dressed all luxe like and handles a ton of expensive crap? He's been around Fortune Smiles, making deals with the Captain there. Could be that she is the one who got it now? I'll make him spill the beans easy. Just got one question about the job, how messy can I get? I expect him to speak as soon as I bark but if you want assurance that he remains intact then just give me the word."

"You know, ever since I met you I've had this itch in the back of my leg and it's a bitch and a half to scratch." The deck underneath my left foot is sticky with blood. "Feels like something is lodged in there, mind taking out that cute little toothpick you carry on your hip and carve out whatever jumped up and bit me?"

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

We Are The Road Crew.

"Nice job Lawdy." Nicuragua lets out a genuine smile and ruffles his hair affectionately. "If you need any help, Tweek can probably lend a hand. Stay mum, though. He doesn't always know who he's talking to."

Sweeping past him, she pushes open the doors of her own domain, and takes a deep breath.
Home again.
Greeting the people she envounters, there's not a lot going on this time of day, she makes her way to the exchange booth, where her floor boss is waiting.

Needle Jane is just as sharp as her name suggests, and many who thought they could get away with breaking the ship rules have lost blood for their trouble.
"Jane, just the girl I wanted to see! Where did you get off to last night? The last thing I remember is winning a few hands, and then I'm waking up in the pantry!"

The item in question is a journal, penned by one of the worst raiders in remembered history, Captain Blacksand. It is said his entire armada was swallowed by the maelstrom, but rumors of his survival has floated across the Tide like so much seaweed.
That was fifteen years ago.
A slimy trader from off-fleet was about to sell the journal to an unknown byer a while back, but got spooked, and bolted. Nicuragua recently learned he hid on the Purifier, probably underestimating the danger.
It is likely it's still there, and with it, information on the location of untold abounts of booty. Or so Nicuragua hopes.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Seca, you get back to the railing and find one of the chain links to The Arrow. You manage to catch a glimpse of Vargas being swallowed by the mists and he becomes a shadow and is then just invisible. You climb onto the chain and make your way across and by the time you reach the other side you can barely see the fog. It's some kind of optical illusion. You can tell where it is because your vision goes kind of blurry if you try and focus there, but its a dead ship, nobody wants to look at it. There are people here and they aren't panicking about this incoming warship which confirms what you were thinking: they don't know it's there.

You don't see The ArchCaptain anywhere, but Lizbyet is laying down on the floor near Doom and she's probably a stronger choice anyway when it comes to danger.

Gull and Ash, you both dash hard and fast for The Old Iron. It's a wild guess, but it's a good one.

Ash moves as silently as smoke, but Gull you're a little bit clumsier. You don't seem to attract any attention from the mysterious attacker to the South, but they were never the real threat for you, huh?

You speed across The Capital Gains and you can already hear The Sharp Iron's spluttery old engines firing up. One look down and you can quickly tell that you've got 3 in the boat. Old Penn is piloting the drat thing, getting it ready to move. Bartlett is sat at the back and he looks really unhappy. There's a girl, must be Hymn, standing in the centre and although she's downplaying it, you can tell she's got a gun under the folded up jacket draped over her arms. And it's not Old Penn that she's got it pointed at. Looks like your boy got in trouble with the girl he likes.

Unfortunately, the moment it takes for you to scope all this, is enough to catch her attention. She spins round and locks eyes with you Gull. Everything hangs for a second. She could take a pot shot at your right now, and from the way her jacket is shifting, she might.

On the plus side, Ash, you're not sure that she's realised you're with him.

Doom, Lizbyet smiles.

She reaches into her pocket, slips out her crumpled box of smokes, then slips them into your belt, kind of letting her fingers stall on the front of your pants for a second.

Then she takes a look at the back of your leg. There's a sound like tearing leather, then a flash of minor pain and whatever is lodged there comes out.

"Luxe dressed guy is the one," she says. "I don't fancy he'll be a problem. He's very clever and happy enough to want to keep his life and those smooth-style good looks. He won't want to take a beating or get turned to fish food. Besides, he..."

She is distracted by the appearance of a rather frantic-looking Seca.

Nicaragua, Lawdy gives you a wink as he fiddles with the mask a bit more. "Won't let you down, Cap!"

Jane looks up at you slowly and blinks.

"Holy hell, boss, you look like you slept in a pantry. You smell like it too."

She reaches inside her desk and brings out this glass sprayer thing she keeps full of scent, then gives you a quick burst of sweet smelling mist. Always one for the finer things.

"None of us knew what happened to you, but you were hitting Captain Strago's free drinks hard. He was giving you a little fire and you were giving it back. One minute it was all fun and games, the next you two were getting a little personal. We kind of made excuses and left because we figured you were either going to end up in a brawl or in bed together and either way it was probably better if you did it alone. You remember either of those things happening?"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seca Laaola

"Hey fuckers," I spit with a raising eyebrow, "you know that there's an inbound sniper ship under war flag attacking the armada as we speak, right? Oh, you didn't?" I'm not exactly mad, not just yet. Just spiny. There's a reason I didn't see it earlier, after all. "Coming in on the Drago's side, from southeast. Don't know their intentions but Drago's not really equipped to deal with distance fire." I don't really want to tell Lizbyet how to do her job, but she seems on the...distracted side. "Armada as a whole shouldn't have issues dealing with the ship, but we need to be active about it - a mobile sniper ship can be hell."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doom
3/5 XP | 1-barter | 2-armor | Bleeding (Shoddy Bandage)

I trace Lizbyet's line of sight over to the approaching Seca who looks like she has seen a ghost or something. I narrow my eyes at her and put my right hand in my pants pocket and slip on my knuckleduster, doesn't seem like she's looking for a fight but something managed to spook the ice-cold killer queen and I'm not gonna let myself be caught with my pants down. Without looking away from Seca I reach out with my left hand and offer it to Liz, should she want to pull herself up from the deck.

---

"How many assholes did you leave bleeding out on the deck this time Seca?" I release the knuckleduster in my pocket, roll my shoulders to loosen them up then take the big loving gun from my back. "Fuckers had it coming if they're not equipped to deal with some sniper fire, Cap 690 needs to get her poo poo together." I crouch down and check my well oiled killing machine out, the bolt runs smooth as gently caress and the large ammo box is brimming with 400 bullets. Almost brings a tear to my eye. "One ship against the entire armada though? Someone's got a death wish." I rip off part of my threadbare sweater and tie it taut around my leg where I got hit and look over to Liz. "Want me to deal with this first?"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seca Laaola

"Not like any single ship that's chained in here can manage with a mobile sniper ship by itself," I reply. I'll let Doom figure out where the problem with his plan is soon enough. "Dep, only looked like one before, but a single ship would be suicide. Might be more coming, want to look from the main crow's."

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Doom and Seca, Lizbyet doesn't seem quite sure what to make of what you're saying.

"You been spending a lot of time over on The Drago, Seca?" she asks in a tone that's kiiiind of accusatory, but she doesn't wait for you to answer or make any more of it. "You're right. A single warship against the armada would be suicide, which means that they must have backup that we can't see.... what if it's submarines? This isn't good."

She looks at the two of you and seems to be thinking it over.

"You hear that, Sis?" she asks and her sister pops up from below deck where she's clearly been watching the dispute between Lizbyet and Doom play out.

"Yeah, you want I should go tell people?"

"Just the Captain, let's not get everyone going whacho. You two, come with me and let's take a look."

The three of you run up the crow's nest and manage to take a look. The crow's on The Arrow is pretty much a high point on the armada, but perspective makes it look less tall than it is. There's a large rusty old telescope, a big thing, fixed in place. Looking through the grubby lens in turns, you see the sniper. Against, however hard you comb the deck, the rest of the warship APPEARS empty.

"What are you doing, you crazy son of a bitch?" Lizbyet mutters. "ArchCaptain Red will give the order, in the meantime we need to help The Drago." She's already heading back to the rope to slide down to deck. "You saw what they were going through, Seca. Any ideas on casualties or what kind of help they need?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ash
Healthy | Armor 1 | XP ●●●○○» | Barter-2

I notice the trio in the boat looking to Gull. They haven't noticed me, which is what just sealed their death. In one smooth motion, I unsling my hook, build up momentum with a spin, and leap into the air, and throw my hook towards the escaping boat.
Go Aggro 10 (-1 because I rolled wrong stat originally)
What I want is for my Hook to embed in their boat so I can reel myself in if they take off.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gull

Ah drat, and that's a fair drop she's got, ain't it? Well, no one said the flagbearer's life was easy. Standing so that the fringe on his coat catches the sunlight at the best possible angle, and with his shotgun leveled at the boat, he booms out: "By the authority invested in me by the naval authority of us, the ship Sharp Iron is ordered to immediately return to port! Captain Olaf Pendleton, you are harboring dangerous fugitives from justice, and will be held accountable as an accomplice if you do not comply! Seaperson Hymn, submit immediately to justice or prepare yourself for absolution! Seaperson Bartlett, any actions taken aiding us in the apprehension of the dangerous person will weigh in your favor, else ready yourself for the Ocean beyond!"

Stop or I'll Shoot! (Shieldbearer special move): 2d6+2 9
On a hit, they have to chose: submit, or fight right now
+1 XP

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doom
4/5 XP | 1-barter | 2-armor (Barefoot) | Bleeding (Shoddy Bandage)

"Heh, you fuckers." Those guddamn sisters.

Sky is clear and tide is calm, the view from the crow's nest is insane. I scan around the area. If they're bringing subs they gotta be down deep or we should see them from here, right? Should look for shadows in the water. Now where's the loving crew of that boat? Staying below deck is just asking to be boarded, this gotta be a trap or a distraction for something. "This is some scurvy poo poo, I don't like the look of that ship." I sweep the outskirts of the entire armada with the scope in case we missed anything. Is it really just that sniper ship attacking them?

Read a Sitch: 2d6+2 7 +XP
What's my enemy's true position?

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

We Are The Road Crew.

As she thinks back, Nicuragua leans into the spray slightly. Now this feels like home.
There was something about a game? Maybe hide-and-seek? Had those men been looking for her because Strago woke up and remembered he hadn't found her?
"Jane, send over a note to the Wicket, would you? Captain Strago is welcome to exchange his gun and hat for (2-barter) each. Alternatively, he is welcome at an evening of his choosing to attempt to win them back, with me providing the drinks this time."
After all, the captain is quite charming. "Put these in a case in the meantime. Also, do we have any discreet firepower lying around? I thought i smelled something in the air on the way over, though that might just be the wind blowing from the Ranch."
Nicuragua leans backwards across the counter, surveying the floor.
Wait a minute, what is Nick up to? He's running around looking really flustered.

Putting the prizes in storage, looking for something concealable with range.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seca Laaola
2/5 XP | 2-barter | 2-armor | Healthy

"I was over there this morning and spotted the war ship," is all I feel the need to reply about that. "Crew's gonna need some medic attention. Don't know if they have a good one or if he got waxed by the sniper or what.

"Scurvy as gently caress," I agree with Doom. "No one person could sail a ship like that themselves no matter how good they are, and it's not like there are even any bodies. Just...nothing." Put my eye back to the telescope, what detail did I miss before?

Read a Sitch: 2d6+0 5 +XP

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Ash & Gull, you're a convincing duo.

The hook bursts straight through the deck and locks in place. There are scraps of wood in the air and splinters on the salty breeze and Old Penn looks devastated. He falls to his knees and throws his hands up like you've just killed his baby. He doesn't look like he's about to try and make off, but if he does you've got a real good hold on him for now anyway.

Gull's words fall heavy on the boat. Penn's way too shocked to do what you want, but in a way he's following orders. He's not going anywhere. You could probably just drag the ship back to you with enough strength behind the arm pulling Ash's hook. Bartlett glances up at Hymn and you can tell he's waiting for her to make a move. He has this look of anxious misery on his face. Hymn just smiles. She drops down hard swings bother her arms and they come up with pistols firing. One of the bullets ricochets with a spark off of a rail on Penn's boat. The others come flying up towards the two of you!

What do you do?

Doom, you're not necessarily a trained eye, but you've got the guts required to stay hard under pressure. You scan the boat and then the waves. Nothing. There is no back up, there is no pincer attack, there is no secret submarine fleet. This ship, this large warship, is being sailed by one man. One man in the crow's nest with a sniper rifle.

Seca, you come to the same conclusion, but for you it's worse. You're right. You KNOW you're right. The warship may look meek beside the armada, but its a huge vessel and its impossible that one lone gunman could man it. You think, for a moment, you can hear this music really gently coming over on the breeze. It doesn't seem to be coming from any speakers or instruments though and any attempt to focus in on it leaves it further away than ever. This isn't right... but it's not right in the way that things tend to get out here before they go really wrong. What's your biggest concern?

Nicaragua, Jane scrawls something down and goes off to deliver the message. You can probably get hold of a weapon if you want, hell the pistols of the Captain's might work well enough to kill, even if they are basically ornamental. The fact they look like decorations means people wont be expecting you to shoot them with them. You can hide your weapons in plain sight.

Is Nick around the boat or are you talking about him being somewhere else?

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doom
4/5 XP | 1-barter | 2-armor (Barefoot) | Bleeding (Shoddy Bandage)

"There's no backup, Lizbyet, no trap. Just one lone nutcase taking potshots at the armada. Pure loving suicide." Can't say I understand what that lunatic is doing, all I know is that I'd rather not get hit by a random high caliber bullet from some loving maniac sniper as I'm minding my own business, it's time to drastically lower that idiot's pulse.

"The psycho is mine." I don't have any high-powered scope for my gun so if I want to hit anything I need to get a bit closer, so that I can see my tracers in the broad daylight. I slide down the rope from the nest and head towards the Drago, which should be close enough for me to annihilate the sniper and their vantage point.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ash
Healthy | Armor 1 | XP ●●●●○» | Barter-2

Just like any other hunt, I lock my gauntlet onto the Hook's line, and activate the belt winch with my other, reeling myself closer to the boat as fast as I can.
Act Under Fire 7 +XP

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gull

Well, two outta three ain't bad. Gull will dive into the water and start swimming for the boat, hopefully staying under often enough to not get shot.

Act Under Fire: 2d6 7

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Doom, it's a long winding journey to the edge of the armada. By the time you get there, the warship is turning in a broad and ridiculous arc to run alongside and parallel. The man in the crow's nest has his sniper rifle upright and resting on the rail whilst he loads slugs into it that are so long that they catch the light. There's been a couple of people hit on the deck around you.

Tell me somebody who is hit. Who are they? Are they going to be okay, might die, or going to die for sure? What do you do?

Ash, the bullets spray past you like sea foam and you ride the hook's line towards the boat and cut a line between them. They pass by close, their spinning trails cutting so tight that you swear you can feel the air moving around you as they pass. You land HARD and spill out across the deck, knocking aside the pilot. He falls back and rolls a few times, calling out miserably, but Hymn sidesteps and puts her gun against the back of your head. Your on the boat, but your on your knees and your winded. She prods the base of your skull with the barrel.

"Well, well, well," she chuckles. "Looks like there's another jealous bitch trying to get between me and my man. You know what I did to the last girl who tried to stake a claim?"

You make a wrong move and she might end you. Got to be smart.

Gull, you're less lucky. You make a dive for the waters, your coat flailing behind you like wings. There's a sound like a sword cutting the ear and a splash of blood flies off from your shoulder. The bullet keeps going and its cut you, rather than buried itself in your meat. That's a real good thing because shoulder wounds are the kind of wound that never gets better.

When you take a beating or a nasty scratch, roll+armor.*
[On a 13+, you don't give a poo poo.]
 On a 10+, no big deal. Choose one from pain and keep on going.
 On a 7-9, it kinda stings. You choose one from pain, and the MC will choose another.
 On a miss, that came out of nowhere. Choose one from pain. The MC can choose two more from pain or
ask you to choose one from serious poo poo, as she likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doom
5/5 XP | 1-barter | 2-armor (Barefoot) | Bleeding (Shoddy Bandage)

Don't have time to care about the folk bleeding out but I do recognize one of them as I'm making my way to the stern of the ship.

Mercer is lying there all silent clutching his neck, but he's still moving, well, twitching. Judging from the pool of blood under him I'd say a good chunk of him has gotta be missing. He'd be dead already if the bullet had severed his spine or shattered his windpipe so I'd say if he gets help fast he might make it, sometime before he loses all his blood. But then again if someone has a skewed sense of what's possible to survive it's probably me.

I've seen Mercer around Ballast, my favourite sleazy joint, pumping iron and getting hammered like everyone else there. Think he's the navigator on the Drago? All I know is he seemed to have a lot of time on his hands now that they are tied up to the armada. Can't see why I should care one way or the other if he bites it though.

As I reach the stern of the Drago I flick off the safety and level my massive gun at the sniper in the distance. "Piss poor time to reload, shithead!" I squeeze on the trigger and fire off a burst of hellfire at the crow's nest, my gun unleashes a thunderous roar that echoes across the waves but the bullets go a bit high and hit the mast above the nest. I adjust my aim accordingly. "Got you zeroed in now fucker. Drop your peashooter and bring your ship to a halt or I will murder you." Smoke rises from the barrel of my gun and my cigarette as I focus on my prey.

Go Aggro: 2d6+3 7 +XP
I want him to drop anchor and drop his weapon. If he wishes to suck it up it's 3-harm close/far area messy ap.

• Locked thread