Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Unormal posted:

Next year we'll shoot for the American Geophysical Union's Top 10 awesome games with rocks in them.

Looking forward to the next patch where you add 46 new types of rock to cement your place in this list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Humans Among Us posted:

Is it possible to weaponize drams filled with nasty stuff? Like scooping up a bunch of Golgotha goo and throwing it at enemies?

Drams are a unit of weight, not a container. :eng101:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Oh it's a real thing? I always assumed it was invented for qud.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Would the world really need to be exactly the same for everyone? Qud isn't Brogue, most game worlds are pretty similar anyway. Maybe a seed for the Joppa chests and merchant inventory would be enough?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Humans Among Us posted:

I don't know if there are any milestones or other measurements in the game right now. So not sure how you would base a score on anything..

Experience points?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Now go kill the High Priest or whatever with his own Sacred Well, do it.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Only a really intelligent person could conceive of such a stupid way to fight. :v:

Good thing we have Mister Expert on Four-Armed Combat TooMuchAbstraction to tell us how it is :colbert:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I'm a bit confused by what happens when I go round looting Grit Gate. I (slowly) bashed down a few doors with no response from Mafeo and the other locals. Proceeded to loot a few lockers out of anyone's line of sight. A few chromelings wandered past occasionally but were still peaceful. Then while I was bashing down another door Mafeo, 2 chromelings and the named robot were suddenly all up in my poo poo and hostile. I killed them, wandered round basing down a few more doors and everyone else was still chill. I went up to the rooms full of lockers in the north with tons of chromelings and a named bear, all peaceful. Bashed down some doors and went to the furthest room full of lockers and looted a few that were out of LOS. No response at first but then the rest of the map (I think) went hostile. Had to kill a bunch of chromelings and several named bears. Then the game crashed when I stood on a pile of corpses. I sent the crash report in but I'm confused as to what exactly makes the Grit Gate locals go hostile. I can go round smashing doors and looting out of LOS to a point, but eventually trigger them to go hostile somehow. Is their line of sight different to mine? That's all I can think of.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I think the farmer is a placeholder sprite, I got one for some kind of bad guy I'd never seen before when I wandered off into a side-cave from Red Rock.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Bug report: It seems to be impossible to shoot plants on the corner wall tile of a room. I tried it with both qudzu and jilted lovers at point blank and from one tile away and despite shooting a whole load of arrows each time they stayed on perfect health. The same character has no trouble hitting ordinary monsters or plants on non-corner tiles.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Did some more testing and it seems to be a result of the way missiles path - they don't go straight along diagonals and instead zig-zag across tiles which means when you try to shoot at a corner plant it hits the wall to the side instead. I tested this by digging into the corner of a wall and trying to shoot out.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Any chance the game could give us some feedback when using bandages? Something along the lines of "You stop/slow the bleeding" so we know if we need to apply more bandages. I finally got a character to Bethesda Susa tonight and he bled to death because I assumed one bandage would completely stop the bleeding from those uber young ivories down there and tried to rest to recover hit points while actually still bleeding :saddowns:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

S.T.C.A. posted:

You do get feedback if the bleeding stops, but you have to close the inventory screen to see if it stopped on the message log.

Ah ok, I missed that. It's still pretty clumsy though: use bandage, exit inventory, check message log, go back into inventory, use bandage, etc. A pop-up as soon as you use the bandage would be much better.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

That owns

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

nigh-unlimited underground screens.

Is there actually a limit to how deep you can go?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

theshim posted:

went to the rust wells, for some reason there was fuckall for wire

There's always a 50' wire on every level, including the surface. There are three surface Rust Wells tiles on the world map, so you should never have to go past the first underground level to get 200'.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

...open a text file on your computer...?

This obviously works, but it'd still be nice to have as an in-game feature. I mean you could play Baldur's Gate 2 and keep track of all your quests in a text document too, but having it done automatically in-game is much more convenient.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Angry Diplomat posted:

Red Rock and Rust Wells seem to have a weirdly high occurrence rate of funky biomes for me, but it might just be confirmation bias talking.

It might be that you see them more often because they're the first dungeons

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

If you walk over a torch it looks like you have a flaming crotch :five:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Having one is helpful if you take Ravenous

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Welp, just died an embarrassing death in Tomb of the Eaters. Had been killing everything with ease and got a bit careless. Killed one of those fulcrum things that occasionally either freezes or sets you on fire if you're next to it when it dies. I got frozen and didn't notice I was standing in a pool of acid. Held down 5 to get the freeze to wear off and heal up a bit and got melted. Oops. Is Tomb of the Eaters unfinished? I got down to level 10 without finding a weapons cache anywhere and level 11 was a blank level. There were some branches on the way down, some of which I explored and another of which I was exploring when I died. Is the cache in one of the branches?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Having a mouthful of worms improves your ability to speak? Okay

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think someone should develop a Caves of Qud + Crusader Kings mod.

Sounds like you just volunteered

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Seems to me you should implement player housing also why aren't there beds in the future

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Players who are playing the game to experience life in a weird postapocalyptic Gamma World-esque environment will probably not mind if their bodies get infected by weird poo poo. Players who are playing the game to achieve some level of system mastery will absolutely care. The problem here is that Qud, as a roguelike game, tends to attract a substantial number of the latter type of player. Their carefully-designed, every-skillpoint-allocated-in-advance gimmick build is "ruined forever!" when something like this happens.

And, you know, they're not wrong. They're just playing the game in a certain way. Whether or not the devs care to cater to that mindset is up to them, though.

If that weird poo poo completely neuters your character by turning your weapon hand into an unusable stump, it doesn't matter if you're a powergamer or not, that's your run over right there if you can't get the cure. I don't see how that's fun for anyone.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Hopefully it means we'll be able to craft ourselves chainsaw arms soon

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

All right, bring on the new quests! never mind that I've never actually made it all the way to the end of the current batch

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Namumet is the hero North Korea needs

e: Come to think of it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Kim dynasty was still in power somewhere in Qud

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hats off, Unormal/Hand of Luke, for this "character code" feature, because it's fantastic. :toot:

Agreed. Unfortunately the thread hasn't really taken advantage of it. We should have a whole list of build codes in the OP.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Unormal posted:

Well, still to see if I can keep it stable long term under the cap, but...

https://twitter.com/unormal/status/819434500249755648

iOS when

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

mitochondritom posted:

Absolutely love the watervine farmer in the middle just chillin. No problems here friend. Live and Drink.

Well, would you gently caress with the teleporting plant-making GBS threads magma lord? I'd probably stand very still and hope he doesn't see me too.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

If attachable body was parts go in, we better also get cybernetic limbs for true kin so we can become more machine than man, twisted and evil.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Four Arms + Berserk + Flurry = Too Much Fun :black101:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Feature request: an option to donate all books at the Stilt library, and an option to disable auto-pickup if it will put you over max weight

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 31, 2017

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I just found a jeweler in a ruin and murdered him for his loot. I'm now rocking a jewel-encrusted two-handed folded carbide battle axe. At level 4. :getin:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Protip: Don't bind noclip down to Page Down unless you want to fat finger it on the world map when trying to hit numpad 7 and fall down a deep shaft for 366 damage

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Knight Templar spotted on in the caves under Joppa before I even hit the river :stare:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Jeza posted:

I'm trying to at last cure my spreading fungus but I can't stop my character from butchering the corpses that I need to eat. I can see it in my Abilities tab as toggled on, but if there's no indication of how to toggle it off. It will let me bind it to a key, but if I try other keys like "-" it has a reproducible crash.

Will jerky from the corpse serve the same function also?

Caves of Qud: I'm trying to at last cure my spreading fungus

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Just figured out that it's possible to rob Argyve's chests safely. Destroy the wall to his southwest and move into him from that tile to swap position. He'll stay there for a few turns, giving you just long enough to rob one chest. Move him outside again and rob the other. Make sure the farmers by the crack don't have LOS to you when you do this. I don't recommend trying this on the elder. Even without LOS he somehow knew and confused me through the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Does he have anything especially good, or just the usual random junk?

Just random junk like the other chests. Can be handy for finding artifacts to give him though. On that note did the Joppa chests get nerfed at some point? I used to find two artifacts reasonably often, nowadays I'm lucky to get one.

Also, is there a way to scroll the quest page down? I can't seem to find one and with all the historical location quests it often gets filled up.

e: You can get Tam's chest too

e2: Actually I just got 2 desert rifles and a canteen full of water from Argyve. They might be a bit better? Or maybe I just got lucky. Tam's was poo poo.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 3, 2017