Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Serena and Roger are gonna win hth

http://www.usopen.org/index.html

TV coverage is on ESPN/ESPN2/WatchESPN. The US Open also has complete radio coverage available on their website and app.

Draws

Top 8 Men's Betting Favorites
N Djokovic 11/10
A Murray 7/2
R Federer 7/2
S Wawrinka 12/1
K Nishikori 16/1
R Nadal 20/1
M Čilić 33/1
G Dimitrov 50/1
M Raonic 50/1
T Berdych 50/1

Top 8 Women's Betting Favorites
S Williams 5/6
V Azarenka 8/1
Simona Halep 10/1
B Bencic 18/1
P Kvitova 20/1
A Kerber 28/1
C Wozniacki 33/1
G Muguruza 33/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maria withdrew last minute citing a leg injury, which fucks the draw. Her quarter contains Kuznetsova, Svitolina, Makarova, CSN, Jankovic, Bouchard (lol), and Ivanovic.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Maria withdrew last minute citing a leg injury, which fucks the draw. Her quarter contains Kuznetsova, Svitolina, Makarova, CSN, Jankovic, Bouchard (lol), and Ivanovic.

Ivanovic got a tough first round match against Domi. Would not be surprised if she goes out right away.

Domi had an achilles surgery earlier this year and haven't put together many back-to-back wins since the comeback, but she fought well in New Haven. 50/50 match imo.

Also I read that the highest seeds Serena has to face before the final are ranked 7 or 8.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Little bit of draw tomfoolery ensuring Kyrgios will get his marching orders in round 1 is quite hilarious.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am looking forward to Bouchard being eliminated on the first day of the tournament.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

My brother is probably crying into his Sugerpova thanks to Sharapova's withdrawal (yes, he bought a packet and he doesn't even like eating sweets).

The official radio is worse than last years. Who is this boring fucker they have on? Boot him off and just have Cronin talk.

MacDougall posted:

Little bit of draw tomfoolery ensuring Kyrgios will get his marching orders in round 1 is quite hilarious.

They should make it less obvious they're rigging the draw. Before it was trying to get a Federer/Nadal final, now it's Federerer/Djokovic.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 31, 2015

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Kei down a set to Paire, not really worried for him yet. He'll turn it around.
Ivanovic won the first 8 or 9 points against Cibulkova but lost the set anyway 6/3. This match has 3 set tie-break written all over it :tipshat:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bouchard and Raonic will both be eliminated as quickly as possible leaving all of our hopes on Pospisil. :canada:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Man, I really love Eurosport Player giving me 11 courts and absolutely zero commentators. What a luxury. Totally worth the €7 to not watch tennis like a scrub.

Cibulkova has such a lovely, graceful service motion. And is also completely outplaying Ana at the moment.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Must win game there by Ivanovic. Comes back from 0-40. Let's see how quickly Domi can get that volley at the net out of her head.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Glare Seethe posted:

Man, I really love Eurosport Player giving me 11 courts and absolutely zero commentators. What a luxury. Totally worth the €7 to not watch tennis like a scrub.

I'm using watchespn this year with a smartdns thingie. I must say their multi-court channel is pretty great to have on the tv.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

And there goes Ana.

There was a big opportunity for her with Sharapova out but Cibulkova is no mug.

e: Heather no! :britain:

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 31, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sodium Chloride posted:

And there goes Ana.

There was a big opportunity for her with Sharapova out but Cibulkova is no mug.
My bracket is 1/1 so far. :getin:

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Now it's time to worry about Kei. Down a break in the fifth against Paire 2-3. Final last year, c'mon Kei!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

A couple of years ago Kei went out in the first round to the mighty Dan Evans and I didn't think it would happen again.

Kei should've won in the forth set tie break.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Ivanovic seeded 7 is gone and soon the 8th seed Pliskova is gone too. Those two were the highest seeds Serena could've faced before the final. :allears:

EDIT: Suarez Navarro is out. She's now on a 7 match losing streak. :toot: Serena won't face anyone inside top 10 before the final. Amazing stuff.:shepicide:

I saw Pliskova lose against Jankovic in Cincinatti a couple of weeks ago. She was up 5-2 in the third set and then lost everything, froze completely. I wonder if she can find her confidence/game for the asia tour. Might fall a long way down the ranking if this continues.

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 31, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

fancyclown posted:

Ivanovic seeded 7 is gone and soon the 8th seed Pliskova is gone too. Those two were the highest seeds Serena could've faced before the final. :allears:

WTA is garbage.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Puig defends 4 match points, into the 3rd against Venus

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This Serena match is really uncomfortable to watch. Diatchenko is doing loving nothing out there.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Seven retirements on the first day! Six dudes and one woman. Stepanek, Lu, Andujar-alba, Mayer, Monfils, Dolgopolov and Diatchenko.

I think that is worse than that horrible day at Wimbledon 2013 if include Sharapova.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 1, 2015

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Alain Post posted:

WTA is garbage.
This.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

nachos posted:

This Serena match is really uncomfortable to watch. Diatchenko is doing loving nothing out there.
Basically this. It was a mercy killing out there.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Kokk is overheating and cramping at the start of the 4th set. Bad timing as Gasquet was getting really cranky. Big chance for the frenchman to get advantage again.

EDIT Kokkinakis can't move :(

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 1, 2015

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol kokkinakis took too much cocaine

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
kokk is very close to dying, please someone give him the final push

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
haha wtf just quit already

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Lahyani will end this for him I think.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
And then he breaks his racket, honestly gently caress this kid

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

oliwan posted:

Kokkinakis is alright. Not sure what he has ever done wrong? Pretty sure he didn't ask to be involved in Kyrgios lovely behaviour.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Donald Young somehow beat Simon :aaa:

oliwan posted:

He didn't really 'bang' Vekic, Kyrgios made that up.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
he is a dumb kid who has a history of doing dumb poo poo, including breaking rackets and being australian

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sodium Chloride posted:

Donald Young somehow beat Simon :aaa:

Seeing that comeback was pretty fun.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

Bouchard and Raonic will both be eliminated as quickly as possible leaving all of our hopes on Pospisil. :canada:

OK reverse that. Putting all my hopes on Pospisil wouldnt have been that smart anyway since he would have to face Djokovic after and :lol: yeah not happening.

Also since I only pay attention to tennis very casually, can someone explain why Serena Williams got what appears to be the easiest path to the final? They were saying on TV that its actually a pretty common thing to happen in the big tournaments.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

OK reverse that. Putting all my hopes on Pospisil wouldnt have been that smart anyway since he would have to face Djokovic after and :lol: yeah not happening.

Also since I only pay attention to tennis very casually, can someone explain why Serena Williams got what appears to be the easiest path to the final? They were saying on TV that its actually a pretty common thing to happen in the big tournaments.
Sharapova, the other top 4 seed who would have been on Serena's side of the bracket, pulled out late. Then women's tennis happened and the remaining top 10 seeds on her side got eliminated. I don't know how they phrased it on TV, it's semi-common to eventually get a draw to the finals that features 0 to 1 big seed but that it's already happened before Serena's match is pretty rare.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Don't follow tennis but I'm told Nick Kyrgios owns. Confirm/deny?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXMmqyZ280

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The SituAsian posted:

He does

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I've heard better chirps tbh

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
no stan owns he abandoned his wife and kid to pursue tennis fame and underage girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What was Kyrgios just complaining about?

• Locked thread